thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 17:51:48 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There is a palpable tension in the air, in Gavin, as he steps across the threshold of their quaint beachside home. There is a pressure about him that has nothing to do with his shadowed patron and everything to do with the meeting.

Fingers curl into fists in want of punching, but those he'd wish to target are nowhere near.

"Love?" It's rough with anger and with the cigarette he'd smoked before coming inside, the scent of it clinging to his suit. He strips off the jacket to hang it up. "Are you home?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 17:57:12 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp hears come home.

"Out here!" Is called from further in the house. Or, outside of it is more accurate. The backdoor is propped open. A few of Temp's water types are in the pool. A few of his dogs sitting at attention.

In front of him is Bongo. Temp is sitting on a pool chair with a brush. The ape sits on front of him. When Gavin would come to them, the Zarude would flash his teeth at the blond but do no more.

A heavy cloud hangs over Temp as well. It's clear in the lines of his face. In how he drags the wire brush through his pokemon's fur.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 18:40:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Where Bongo's aggression had ordinarily been tolerated and dismissed by the underboss, this time Gavin's mood is as foul as that of the primate. He meets bared teeth with a clenched jaw, glare knife-sharp and daring.

If Bongo had challenged him, Gavin would've risen to it.

Where Temp's cloud is metaphorical, Gavin's is visible, purple-black miasma curling around his limbs as he comes to a stop under the shade of the wooden canopy. Dying sunlight glances off the pool. It's a lovely evening he can't appreciate.

Yet for all his anger, his eyes linger on the lines around his lover's own. His scowl softens to a frown.

"You did well," he says, at last. "I'm proud."

There's more he wants to say, but the words are a struggle.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 10, 2022 18:50:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Bongo sneers at . He only tolerates the other human because of Temp and Temp alone.

But the battle between Gavin and Bongo will not happen on this day. The monkey is quiet and still as it endures being brushed.

"They want us to be like before, don't they?" before being Kanto. The first invasion. Temp can still remember seeing Slateport ablaze even from Pacifidlog. The smoke clouded the air for days after. The destruction.

Temp wasn't ignorant to what Rocket had done to his home.

It isn't accusation at in his tone. If anything it's carefully flat, calculating. Temp is worried. But he's thinking. On the cusp of something. In this moment, Gavin could either pull him back or push him over the edge.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 10:29:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There is something in his husband's tone that traps Gavin's initial, emotional response in his throat. It's different than when Emma would confront him about the inevitability of Rocket's violence.

He swallows it, frowning, feeling unbalanced. He'd been expecting an argument, he realises.

He touches Temp's shoulder, brushing his hand up to squeeze it before taking a seat in one of the lounge chairs nearby.

"It won't be like before." Is he trying to convince Temp, or himself? I'd sooner go back to Ultra Space than back to the way I was. Weak, powerless. His fingers lace between his knees, and he studies his scars. "But it's going to be different." It was inevitable, wasn't it?

He looks up from his hands, studying his husband carefully.

"How do you feel about that?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 22:47:08 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp opens his mouth to answer.

Then closes it.

How do you feel about that?

It's not easy to put into words, is it?

Violence wasn't something that made Temp squeamish. He had done things where he couldn't fool himself that he was the good guy. Why had he joined Rocket in the first place?

Boredom. Anger.

The idea of a forced annex of Pacifidlog also made him angry, though. Was it different from the anger he felt before?

Temp just wanted to keep his gamily safe. At the end of the day, that was his deepest desire. To keep his father safe. His people.

His soulmate.

Temp had at some point lowered the brush. Stared into space as he struggled to find his answer. When he focuses again, glances over to meet 's eyes....

He smiles. It's warmer than even he expected.

"Bet I can break more noses than you."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 22:58:16 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It's warmer than Gavin expects, too.

He can't laugh as he normally does. He can't return the smile. There's something overwhelmingly intense about the way he looks at his partner, then, as if willing him to understand the weight of Rocket's expectations.

"It'll be more than broken noses." His voice is soft, nearly drowned by the crash of waves against the shore. "You know that, don't you?"

Tangled in those words are questions he can't bring himself to ask. Questions he's afraid to have answered.

How much do you love me?
How far are you willing to fall?

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 23:15:00 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
You know that, don't you?

Temp thinks of bloodied bodies he'd help carry to shallow graves. Of darker things he had assisted in; never with his own hands. Yet.

But.

"I know."

Because Temp would do anything to keep his family safe.

Anything.

Somewhere between "I do." and "Forever" a line had been crossed that Temp could never double back from.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 23:28:32 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Tears well in Gavin's eyes.

He's so surprised by the sudden swell of emotion that it takes him a moment to adjust, blinking away the moisture trapped behind his eyelids. His golden gaze is glassy, expression contorting in frustration as he looks away in the hopes of playing it off.

He can't hide the shakiness of his breath, however, and after a moment gives up the farce entirely and returns his gaze.

"If—" His voice cracks and he swallows, hard. "If you want out, I..."

You can never leave Rocket.

"I would understand."

Not, I'd run away with you, because Gavin had signed his soul away long ago. If you love someone, let them go.

He's never loved anyone more than .

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 11, 2022 23:54:40 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
The breath gives it away. All at once Temp is alert. A little confused, sure, but the brush is dropped at his side. Temp is standing and doing his best to squeeze by on the chair only meant for one.

An arm around the other's shoulders is offered, squeezing tight.

Rough fingers try to cup Gavin's cheek, brush away the start of tears.

"You're not getting rid of me that easy, Cill."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 0:17:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I don't want to be rid of you."

His voice is thick and wet, his cheeks red.

He looks up at Temp with wide amber eyes and sucks in unsteady breath as rough hands gently brush away the unshed tears.

I don't deserve you. But, no, that's not quite right, is it? He has never been shy on ambitions. Love was no different. It was more... you don't deserve this.

The lounge chair certainly isn't built for two, yet Gavin folds into his husband's arms the moment the comforting weight curls around his shoulder. He can't help but to feel guilty for the selfish act, even as he burrows his nose in the crook of Temp's neck.

"Some day it'll be too much." He sounds so, miserably certain, the words muffled by fabric. "What then?"

Could Gavin live his life always waiting for the other shoe to drop?

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 0:46:46 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"Cillian. Look at me."

His voice is gentle, so gentle. But there is almost something unsettling hiding underneath it. A fervor. One that has flamed. One that will only die if Temp himself does.

"I would rip the world in two with my bare hands for you."

He let's that hang between them for a moment.

"I love you so much, Cill. Nothing could ever make me abandon you. If you want me out of Rocket, out of your life, then be a man and kill me right now. It's the only way you'll ever shake me loose."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 1:12:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin— No. Cillian tilts his head up to look at his husband, something in the eerie gentleness of Temp's tone sending a shiver down his spine. It's not fear, not even as the implication settles like the ashen remnants of a dying flame.

No. It's adoration.

He stares at Temp as if the stars themselves have come down to greet him.

Hands that had wound in his lover's shirt now find his neck, fingernails digging hard enough to draw blood and thumbs pressed against his throat. But Cillian isn't trying to kill him. No. He kisses him, hard, the taste of iron on his tongue.

"I will burn the whole world to ash before I ever let you go." It is both threat and promise, hissed through clenched teeth.

Should've run while you had the chance.

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 2:01:19 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
grips him and it burns. It stings and it's wet and it's perfect. The kiss is just how he likes them. Temp smiles into it as he kisses him back. His own around wrap around the other. Pull him closer.

His.

Bongo's nostrils flare at the scent of the blood. The ape growls low.

Temp pulls away, just a little, and laughs softly.

"Then we're in agreement." He goes back in for another kiss.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
bloody city [c]
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2022 8:21:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin folds easily into his lover's arms, drawing comfort from closeness. It warms him from the inside out, heat flooding through him as tears dry on his cheeks.

Insecurity does not suit him. It had been a learned trait, and so too does Gavin seek to unlearn it. Nothing could ever make me abandon you. There is an undercurrent to that promise. He can see it in the other's eyes, the urge to possess.

It should frighten him. It would frighten anyone sane.

It does the opposite.

The lounge chair, not built for two, digs uncomfortably against his tailbone. Hooking his arm around Temp's thigh, he rolls them both with his weight, pulling his husband across his lap. Wood slats press against his spine as he leans back against the chair, hands guiding Temp to straddle him. Fingers anchor against his lover's hip and his scarred hand reaches up to grip Temp's chin and pull him down for a kiss.

"I love you," is whispered breathily. "Yours."