Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
A flower for your thoughts [Elisabeth]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 13:31:57 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

A flower for your thoughts

Hello again, .

He arrives, heralded by a gentle chime as the door swings open, allowing the bespectacled man to peer inside. Loose fitting tops hung off his large frame as he peered around with a hum, shifting his overshirt briefly before inviting himself inside the shop, the low thud of his shoes echoing along the wooden floors. A glowing crystal bloom hung off his breast pocket openly, glaring at all who dared stare with its strong light.

"Good morning." He said, his voice carrying out through the shop. "I was hoping I could request some flower-related assistance."

He took a moment to let his eyes roam the selection of plant life spread out across the shop as he waited for someone to respond, taking in a deep whiff of the fragrant aromas permeating the air.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 1:42:04 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Kneeling over a wreath of pink-and-white roses twined around evergreen laurels, Elisabeth found herself busily distracted away from the visitor at the door. "Welcome to Fiorelli Floristry," she said with the rote, practised ease of someone who had given that greeting many times over, to many different people.

Only after the floral arrangement had been pruned to her satisfaction did the florist glanced upwards, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as she lifted her eyes towards his. Recognition dawned slowly, altered by perceiving a familiar face in an unfamiliar location; this was neither the Cloud nor Sootopolis, and the idea that a police officer might decide to take her up on her offer to buy flowers sooner than later surprised her.

Then the glittering flower at his lapel drew her attention, its crystalline petals evoking an irresistible curiosity.

"Flower-related assistance is a vague request," she said finally, an amused smile touching her lips, "but yes, I think it falls under my purview as a florist. What is it I can do for you, Mr. Wledig?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Crystabloom Thread ✿ Social ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 2:21:58 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Hello again, .

He couldn't do much other than wait and stare, watching the woman he had only met in two separate occasions prune roses with little interest.

She was pretty, yes, they had already established that, but he was here on business, not leisure.

He merely tipped an eyebrow at the woman as she took her time recognizing, looking mildly amused as he held back a snort, waiting until she responded before smiling back.

"Yes well, I was afraid if I were more specific, you might point me towards a scientist instead, Ms. Fiorelli." He replied with a chuckle, before reaching up to pluck the crystal bloom out off his breast pocket. "But let's skip right to business."

He gently twirled the bizarre flower between his thumb and index, watching the way the light refracted from its crystalline surface with keen interest before turning his gaze back to the woman.

"What can you tell me about these?" He asked pointblank. "They were all the rage a while back, as I recall, but I was a little too busy to care at the time."

Sootopolis, surviving. The works.

"But, this morning I awoke to this pretty thing growing on the walls off to the side of my balcony, 'blooming over ivy like a climbing rose'." He said, speaking the last line almost melodically before snorting. "Nearly fell off the balcony when I noticed it; Aren't these fairly dangerous to be around of?"

Weird stuff tended to happen near them. Or maybe they formed near dangerous stuff...? Either way, having a patch growing by his house on rocket town seemed like terrible luck.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 2:46:27 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"How very peculiar," she replied, her eyes never leaving the crystabloom even as he absently twirled it between his fingertips. "I'm surprised you found any so close to Sootopolis. They seem to have rarer luck than most as of late."

Necrozma had done quite a number on the city, after all.

Elisabeth herself had far more extensive experience with the crystablooms than even her role as a florist might suggest. For starters, she had gathered specimens from all across Hoenn to deliver to Rocket's crystabloom lab, where she tended to the strange floral phenomena as lovingly as she would the Galarian roses outside her cottage door.

She had personally studied the infinity energy that radiated from their centre alongside Rocket Head Scientist , and she had witnessed herself how the flowers flared with sudden brilliance and power as funneled his own infinity energy into their crystalline hearts like a conduit.

How much would civilian florist Elisabeth Fiorelli know, however? She allowed herself a moment to consider this, resting her chin in her hand with quiet contemplation.

"They flourished the most when the distortions were frequent. I used to collect specimens, on my own time, as a way of documenting such a novel event."

A finger lifted to indicate 'wait a moment,' and she turned to the back of her home, where a living area was tidily hidden behind a spiralling staircase. Here, next to a divan that served as the cottage's primary seating area, stood a tall bookcase with shelves filled to bursting. Among them, a thin field journal was pulled forth and brought to , so that he might observe her findings firsthand.

"See?" she said, indicating a sketch she had done of the flowers blooming in the Petalburg Woods. "They used to be positively rampant outside here."

Small notes in elegant script indicated the botanist's idle thoughts -- many focused in particular on the crystalline heart at the centre of the blossom, comparing its anatomy to more mundane flowers and musing on the crystabloom's possible sources of pollination, or lack thereof.

"The rumors appear to be that it is a source of infinity energy."

Not rumors. Fact. But that would be something a civilian would only know by reading works by illustrious scientists such as . So rather than firm declarations, she offered enough half-knowledge for him to complete the thought for her.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 3:11:30 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Hello again, .

"That's one way to look at it." He said simply, still twirling the bloom in hand.

He wouldn't have called it 'luck'; not good luck, at any rate.

"Is that so? I can only wonder what this means, then..." The man said idly as his shoulders rose and fell, a deep sigh leaving his lips. "Nothing good, I'm sure. And I only just got used to the apartment, too."

His doomsaying was interrupted as the shorter blonde suddenly held up a digit, effectively silencing the knight with the gesture. He blinked as she darted back into her home.

He stood about awkwardly as he waited for her to return, looking around briefly for a moment before sniffing the crystal bloom, pursing his lips at the lack of strong fragrance. After a moment of bored waiting, the man shrugged to himself and invited himself further into the shop, the thuds of his steps filling the sillence until he came upon Elisa once again.

She was bending over in front of a... a...

Something. Not too sure what, but...

"Oh? Y- Yes, I see." He said with a blank smile, blinking rapidly as he quickly turned his attention to the pages before him. Hoh, her sketching was rather commendable. Good to see her noble training had been thorough.

"... I'm surprised League forces and Team rocket didn't come to blows over these more often." The man observed wryly at the mention of 'infinity energy', staring at his flower thoughtfully.

"Thank you, Elisabeth, that is all very good to know. But..." He said after a moment. He held up the flower, twirling it yet again. "How does one take care of these, as flowers?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2022 5:30:14 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
'Luck' had been an unintentional slip of the tongue, one that Elisabeth herself remained wholly unaware of.

Her own fascination with the crystablooms and what power they could provide Rocket made her see the flowers as more of a boon than a hindrance. Whatever ill portents they carried, she was willfully blind to them in her pursuit of power and ambition.

She owed these strange flowers, at least somewhat, for her significant rise within Rocket's hierarchy.

Elisabeth likewise remained oblivious to whatever shift in mood had occurred in him between her departure and return. She was entirely focused on his reaction to the sketches she placed before him, searching his expression for approval or interest.

He was fortunate to see her renderings of plant life; her own attempts at humanity were not so well-depicted. Faces, hands, feet... human beings were so very complicated, in so many ways, when compared to the straightforward anatomy of flowers.

"Coming to blows?" she echoed him, tilting her head curiously.

Something in the notion of Rocket and League forces dueling over crystal flowers entertained her, and her lips curved into a faint smile.

"That is an amusing mental image. Although when they first appeared, they were so abundant it would be silly to fight over them, wouldn't it? And they are simply so scarce now, they aren't worth squabbling over for whatever little they offer. The region is plagued by worse things, as of late, anyhow."

Her voice had begun to drift here somewhat, her gaze tilting up towards the ceiling as her emerald eyes clouded with distant thought. Not dwelling on the topic of infinity energy, but rather, the question he posed to her now: what was the best way to care for crystablooms?

"I can only offer my experiences, to be honest. I have tried a few different ways of maintaining the flowers after potting and replanting them."

Elisabeth closed the field journal and placed it on the coffee table, where a vase bearing a blooming purple blossom emitted a sweet-scented fragrance. Gesturing to the exotic flower, she turned to him and smiled.

"Have you ever tended to a lady's slipper orchid? It's much like that, I think."

There were a few more complicated processes she engaged in at the Rocket labs -- involving humidifiers, grow-lights, miniature fans, and water-soluble fertilizer -- and while those saw more success and ultimately greater longevity, this method was simpler and easier to replicate while still achieving positive results.

All flowers were ephemeral, after all, to some degree. Even crystablooms.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 0:45:11 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Hello again, .

"Yes— but it seems as though even the end of the world can't bring about a ceasefire." He mused with an almost amused smile on his lips. "Considering all that, such logical reasoning seems almost commendable... and unlikely."

He could only assume there had been bigger fishes to fry for both parties at the time, keeping them distracted from blowing each other up.

He smiled blandly at her question before laughing.

"I was born and raised on the far north of freezington, Elisabeth." He said with a chuckle. "Suffice to say, floristry was conspicuously absent from my mother's curriculum."

Not flower meanings and their uses in poetry though. Those were definitely needed, for some ungodly reason. The man rolled his eyes at his parents' oft times indecipherable logic, before shrugging his shoulders and coming closer to the coffee table, staring at the slipper orchid.

"So... Walk me through the steps." He requested, smiling. His eyes dragged over the purple flower, quite unlike the crystal bloom, yet seemingly more similar than one might have thought, before landing on the woman's journal, brief curiosity settling in him before he discarded it.

He could ask about the woman's other observations later.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 2:01:02 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Faint embarrassment tinged her laughter as a hand buried itself into a ringlet of hair, her gaze turning back to the orchid on the table. "I take your point, Mr. Wledig. The frozen tundra is hardly known for its hospitality towards gardeners."

Thank Arceus she'd never lived there. She would have gone mad in a place with nothing but snow and sky.

"As for your question." Her posture straightened somewhat, an alert gleam entering her eyes as she began to embark on a topic of personal interest. "Florescent lighting is ideal, or grow-lights. Indirect sunlight would be best, if possible. And real soil, preferably with water-soluble fertilizer."

Neither sunlight nor fertile plots of land were easily accessible in the Rocket submarine, not without certain artificial means in place to provide them. Elisabeth had managed best as she could in that capacity.

"Humidity is necessary, given they don't do as well in a dry climate -- unsurprising for the crystablooms, given how coastal Hoenn is. You need to be cautious of how you water them, as well. Too much and they get root rot, too little and they won't bloom. So be mindful."

Having said this, the florist lifted the vase into her hands, bringing the thin, flowering stalk into his direct line of sight.

"You'll notice I've propagated the leaves as well," she murmured, a finger alighting just above one such display of greenery, but careful not to offend the plant with human touch. "I've been experimenting with that technique with crystablooms, too, to see if more can blossom and take root from a single parent. It's been slow-going, but satisfying."

The genuine note of appreciation in her tone conveyed that sentiment clearly enough, a faint sense of pride ringing in its utterance.

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 21:24:04 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Hello again, .

"Nor to living beings in general." He added with another chuckle, looking faintly amused. Had he noticed her embarrassment? Did he find it funny? Who knew.

He however, knew the topic must've meant something to the woman, the several subtle changes to her usual, somewhat aloof demeanor giving away her personal interest in the topic.

Wow, look at that, a florist who likes to be a florist. What do you know; on point as ever, Gwyar.

The man choked his inner voice in the back of his mind while listening to the widow explain.

"Bounce lights, understood." The things were growing outside of his apartment— he wasn't about to rig up some contraption to somehow make this work.

Reaching into his pocket, the man produced his own notepad, writing upon it with a hum as the woman began to list the several, several things he would need to keep track of in order to keep the pretty little flowers, well, alive.

"... So a pinch of water, 10, 20 milliliters...?" He asked while making a face at her, lips pursed slightly in askance while rolled slightly to the side, looking at her expectantly.

Use more words, Elisabeth.

He blinked as she suddenly brought the vase of the flowers up to his face instead, looking almost adorably proud of herself as she explained to him... plants.

"Why yes, I did notice." He thought the plant might have been dying for a sec, but the leaves hadn't matched.

He had assumed she was just messy after that. Apparently not!

He blinked at her words next.

"Ah. That sounds fascinating!" He said... and then looked around with some palpable excitement. The crystal bloom was rare enough; it was impressive that she was already able of producing her own! "May I see the specimen?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 4:56:39 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Elisabeth blinked, faintly surprised at his interest as she returned the orchid to the coffee table. "Oh? I could write down the measurements and recommended products for you, if you like. Regarding the specimen..."

Well. This request could have posed a problem.

By and large, Elisabeth's work with crystablooms was focused on her work in Rocket's submarine labs. Fortunately, the florist's own penchant for perfectionism had led to her practising in her own gardens to hone her technique before attempting it among the scrutiny of other, more learned scientists.

She was a proud woman, in that way. She despised being seen in a weak or vulnerable state.

"Certainly, that can be arranged. Step outside with me, if you would?"

She gestured for him to follow her to the backdoor near her kitchen, where the garden came into view. Among the many plots of flowers, a small section had been made separate from all the others, where a single crystabloom glittered and gleamed in the sunlight.

"You'll notice it's much smaller than the one you've brought with you," Elisabeth commented lightly. "And I doubt it will live as long, in truth. Whatever initially brought them had the most successful wave of them, I think, and everything else is a pale imitation of that phenomena."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 3:14:36 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Hello again, .

"Please do. Perhaps you can make it a step by step list? I'm terrible at this sort of thing." He had chuckled then.

Inevitably, his request was accepted.

"Of course." He followed after her, eager to witness the fabled specimen.

He hadn't seen any grass grass-type pokemon out and about since he had arrived. He couldn't help but ponder on just where the woman kept her reserves. She didn't seem like an avid PC user...

Before long, he stood before the specimen, a curious expression upon his face as he examined the small, timid thing. A single bloom, glittering under the sunlight, no less beautiful for its small size.

Wordlessly, the man plucked his own bloom from his breast pocket and gently held it up Elisabeth's smaller one, humming thoughtfully.

"Are you certain?" He asked after a moment. "Of its life expectancy, I mean."

If their lives truly were so fragile, there wasn't much that could be done with them after all.

"Hn. Then I guess my little batch won't be adorn my balcony for long." A pity.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 1:59:25 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
One of the very Grass-type Pokemon he'd been looking for peeked up at from amid the flower beds: a Sunflora, happily basking in sunlight from her place among the blossoms.

"Oh, I don't know that anything is certain," Elisabeth said, glancing up from the crystabloom to face him with a small smile. "You have to remember, these are a newly documented species of flora. We are still determining how to classify them, and whether or not their life expectancy has any real consistency. So much depends on environment, on circumstances, on care."

A finger alighted on the crystal petals of the flower he extended before her, and she grinned.

"Who knows? Perhaps your balcony is their ideal habitat."

[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,244 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 2:09:30 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

Hello again, .

"Right." He said, conceding to her expertise. "I suppose my business here is almost done, then."

All that was left was for her to write down what he needed to do back home.

As her digits ran over the crystal petals, the man gently pushed the stem of the flower against her palm.

"For your troubles, Ms. Fiorelli." He said, smiling coyly. "It suits you much better than it does I."
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 7:21:08 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: