awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2022 23:48:22 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
the gym is impressive, as with most gyms in the region, despite its simplicity. freya rolls the two pokeballs in her palm. ori's performance against had been somewhat lacking, but his growth is to be appreciated. she also wants to see how well he does in a head-on battle. back on the field, at home, he'd done well with duos. 

so his favorite partner, who hasn't seen action in quite a few moons, sits in the other pokeball in her palm. 

her footsteps echo; the expanse of the warehouse makes her feel small. a grin tugs at her lips. her smallest salamence is going to look quite ridiculous beside the dragapult and in this wide open room.

"freya morningstar, checking in for her gym challenge," she calls. 

not me realizing just now i brought a ghost to a normal gym LMAO
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2022 15:46:17 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan had just arrived several minutes earlier, having just removed his backpack with a laptop stationed on the side of a bench, ready to do some work as he awaited his gym challenger. Fortunately, Freya had arrived earlier, he liked it when things were on time.

"Hello Freya." He replied, moving towards his side of the field, a small chute extends on his side of the field, the two Pokemon he was to use for today's challenge. "It's good to finally have a face to the name." Callan replied to the former councilwoman, before taking the two pokeballs and releasing them onto the field, casually clipping them to his belt.

"I will be using these two for the challenge today." Callan began, his eyes studying the Salamence and the Dragapult on her side of the field. "Do you have any questions regarding the challenge? If not, you may have the first move." Callan began, "If you'd like to stop the battle to include a held items on your team, let me know."

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display][googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 13:48:24 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
freya cracks a smile. "the feeling's mutual." she only feels sorry she hasn't made an attempt to know the gym leaders sooner. her only saving grace is the league goes through them rather expeditiously and the roster's changed much since her time on the council, when knowing them really mattered.

she stares down the two pokemon he releases. ori chuffs and flicks his tail, but she doesn't share his same hungry enthusiasm. this is a gym battle - the ape and its dizzy companion won't be easy pickings.

but they should stay stationary.

he grants her the first move and she nods, raising a hand. 

"no questions. let's begin. guard, ori. and phantom - bolster."

ori's thin body slides away from itself, making half a dozen copies that simultaneously take to the air. behind them, taking advantage of the cover is phantom, twisting over himself in the air to summon strength.

- BATTLE SUMMARY -
salamence's intimidate takes effect
salamence uses double team
dragapult uses dragon dance
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 5:33:54 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Alright, let's begin." Callan replies, simply. INTIMIDATE triggers, lowering SLAKING'S ATTACK, however, thanks to CONTRARY from SPINDA, the ATTACK is instead boosted on his end.

"ENMA, PLAY ROUGH." Callan orders, as his Slaking moves to action, directing its focus on the Dragapult. Spinda does not move.

+ INTIMIDATE activates, SLAKING loses ATTACK, SPINDA gains ATTACK.
+ SLAKING uses PLAY ROUGH on DRAGAPULT.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display][googlefont=Raleway]

close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 20:58:20 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
ori's copies flit about before the dragapult as the latter completes its circling dance. freya's gaze darts to the spinda and her brows furrow, but she's going to take advantage of an opening if there is one. the slaking lumbers through ori's copies with ease, despite their snapping and snarling, and phantom waits for an order to dodge.

but when he hears none and the slaking comes in with a fury, the dragapult takes the blow. it staggers back with a shake of its head and freya orders, "fire."

the dreepy nestled in its rocket launchers fire twice, claws tipped with the residual energy of their dragapult's ritual. ori, leaving the spinda for now under freya's orders, converges on the slaking as well. the ape will be vulnerable for a few precious moments and freya intends to eradicate it. 

it comes down hard and fast with psychic energy gathered at its head. 

- BATTLE SUMMARY -
salamence's evasiveness +1
dragapult's speed & atk +1
dragapult uses dragon darts on slaking
salamence uses zen headbutt on slaking
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 15:36:27 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The blow lands, and Slaking's momentary feeling of success is offset by the firing of dragon missiles at close range. Two dragon missiles fire and land towards the massive ape Pokemon as it tanks the physical strikes relatively well, despite Dragapult's pseudo-legendary status, Slaking's base defenses were not a joke either.

Then came the second attack. "Spotlight." Callan replied, as the Slaking's illumina energy radiated out of its hands into a color spray, marking Dragapult. The Salamence's trajectory of Zen Headbutt would suddenly alter, swerving from the Slaking back towards its own compatriot. "Zenos, regroup with Enma." With the order, the small hare would leap towards the Slaking, nestling itself firmly on larger mammal's shoulders.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 4:30:27 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
ori's pupils flex, tail flicking as he jerks suddenly to the right. freya grinds her teeth and orders a hasty call to phantom, who still leers menacingly over the slaking. at her call for a dodge, he (albeit looking confused) melts into the ground. the shadow skitters over the floor and ori's head slams into the gym's ground. 

he recoils in pain and then thrashes around, fangs bared when he clears his head. 

"stay low, phantom. ori, light 'em up." purple flames gather in the salamence's mouth and expel with a billowing flurry towards the two pokemon.

dragapult uses phantom force to dodge
salamence uses dragon breath
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 14:26:50 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Protect!" Came Callan's reply, post-Dragonbreath. The jettison of dragon fueled fire billows and collides against a shell of prismatic hexagons, forming a half dome to hold the flames at bay. Zenos, the Spinda, takes advantage of the larger, redder, furrier Slaking and hangs from the back of its fur, maintaining overwatch on its blind spot as the large ape protects from the flames in front.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 20:26:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
with lyune, the gargantuan salamence could crush the two impish pokemon and create a crater where they stand. ori, however, with his lithe build, several hundred pounds lighter, only has his speed to his advantage. and against a bulwark duo, his best bet is to slink around and find a chink in their armor. 

"turn up the heat, ori," she orders. the flames shift in color; draconic energy burns up, leaving a wake of raw fire as a flamethrower expels from his maw. it batters against the prismatic shield; freya stamps her foot. 

phantom slinks back up from his shadow on the ground and narrows his eyes, locking-on to the target on the slaking's back.

salamence uses flamethrower
dragapult uses lock-on

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 18:29:21 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Flamethrower shatters the Protect garnering around Enma. Its fur is caught alight as the flames jer and singe into its fur, but its massive body blocks the fire for its little buddy, who now stares dizzily against the re-emergent Dragapult.

Unfortunately for the Slaking, the flames singe him too much, leaving him BURNED. The Slaking decides... to not do anything, except take a deep breath, kicking in its hyper-regeneration as the flames consume it. It screeches, in rage, as its flesh and skin and nerves rapidly regenerate as the flames torch it, until it manages to recover back up to three quarters.

In the meantime, as the Dragapult stares daggers towards the Spinda, it returns fire. Its swirling eyes glow with psychic energy, as ringed waves billlow towards the Dragapult in an attempt to coax it to sleep before it fired its head-children towards him.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 21:00:31 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
ori's tail slams into the ground in frustration as the slaking's flesh knits over itself. fur sprouts and the dragon roars, a sound that makes freya's lips curl. teeth bare from the both of them in frustration, but her gaze darts from the slaking to the spinda. 

"ori, give cover!" he gathers himself, lithe form skirting around the stationary duo. his wings half-unfurl to help propel him from the air. when his front claws hit the ground, more copies burst from himself, milling about the field. some of them are sluggish as ori intercepts the psychic energy. 

"get some speed, phantom." the dragapult darts away under the cloud, using its agility as it breaks eye contact. 

they'll have one shot at this. she watches for the duo's reaction to her defensive maneuvers, analyzing for a way in so phantom can strike a blow against the spinda. 

salamence uses double team
salamence is drowsy
dragapult uses agility

close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 14:23:48 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
The SLACK OFF from the previous turn worked, effectively, however the problem still remained that Enma was burned, lacking in terms of physical power. Adding to this, Callan considered whether or not he had perhaps painted Freya into a corner. No. He thought to himself, but he didn't need to at this point.

In truth, he had made up his mind approximately two or three turns ago as to the outcome of this battle. He had merely wished to extend it past a certain point. "That is enough." Callan said, waving down his Slaking and Spinda. He did not enjoy causing unnecessary drama, and given this was one of the last battles in the old format, he had no intention of prolonging it more than he needed it to.

Callan returned both Pokemon to their Pokeballs. "In truth, you and your Pokemon surpassed the capabilities of a trainer attempting their second badge a long time ago. I merely wished to extend it to see your full capacity." He spoke, as he passed the Stark Badge to her. "Congratulations."

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

crow

dragoness
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
awards
2,667 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 18:46:58 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

just a little more, ori. the salamence and its copies move sluggishly now, tripping over themselves. phantom's eyes hone in on their target and he waits for the final call from behind the shifting mirage, ready to lash out with a last resort at their prey. 

but the battle is called. the ghostly dragon does not relent until his trainer calls. and then all at once ori's copies dissipate into smoke and the salamence slumps over into a deep sleep. 

she recalls the both of them and accepts the badge, mouth set in a thin line. 

"thank you," she says. "it was refreshing, having a battle for the sake of a battle." and not with their lives on the line. 
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,007 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
adaptability [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 23:11:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: