hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
prismatic [m] [m.a.g.m.a]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 6:15:15 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

He is walking through the courtyard on campus when he spots them.
And really it’s a wonder that he does because he’s really quite in a hurry to get back to his office in order to work on a research project and tend to open hours for any student inquiries. Not to mention the fact that they are tucked away—hidden behind a bench and shadowed by a poplar sapling that some student organization has recently installed.[break][break]

But they are unmistakably there—crystablooms.[break][break]

‘I’ve found something of interest on campus. Are you nearby or available to send someone to have a look?’[break][break]

Much to his chagrin, Hazel knows little of the nature of the blooms. Botany is not exactly his wheelhouse, is it? So the request goes to someone he thinks might have an idea. And for the time being, he dispatches his espeon to stand sentinel over them. There is likely risk in attempting to transplant them from the ground without proper knowledge. Because, unfortunately, he does at least need to leave a note on his office door that he will be out and will compensate for the time lost at a later date.[break][break]

Hazel makes quick work of this, and then briskly returns to his awaiting Pokémon. Sure, the campus grounds might not be as urbanized as the rest of the city, but even so. It seems strange that they would grow here of all places. Where the risk of trampling or accidentally lounged upon by a drowsy student is higher.[break][break]

Perhaps, though, he can learn something new today. And Hazel is never one to turn down such an opportunity.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] | m: zero to a hundred | gather i[break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-espeon"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#b0a7db; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .haze .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .haze .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 4:34:37 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

As fate would have it, the corporate headquarters of Piazza Oro Grande Bank stand near the very heart of Slateport’s upper district, not all that far from Slateport University. Meaning that when texts the CEO of such a financial institution, the response he receives is actually positive.
[break][break]
It also means that, once Mars has been made aware of the details of the situation, he can make a quick stop by the gardens of POG Bank’s main branch to retrieve the pokémon that helps keep them in the beautiful state for which they’re known and loved.
[break][break]
By the time he makes it to the campus, he’s still clad in his perfectly tailored business suit and cashmere topcoat. He doesn’t look prepared to do any sort of gardening. It’s also not his forte, after all, but he had helped with transplanting a crystabloom recently, and he also knows what to do. Plus, perched on his shoulder there’s the strangest little pokémon – a Shaymin in its Land Form.
[break][break]
”Surprised these survived out here, guess no students saw them yet. Good eye.” He comments when seeing the familiar luminescent flowers. The Shaymin sniffs the air, looking at Hazel.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
Mission - Zero to One Hundred 🌟[break]
M.A.G.M.A Sector A - GATHER I

[attr="class","pkmn"][BREAK]

[newclass=.tmm2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
tell me how all this, and love too, will ruin us. these, our bodies, possessed by light.
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 15:46:44 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

In all honesty, Hazel wasn’t sure if the underboss would be available to meet with him at this time. But the confirmation that he would be over shortly was a bit of a relief. After all, he couldn’t simply stand guard beside the flowers forever. Something would need to be done with them before someone else spotted them and snatched them up.[break][break]

“Agreed, I’m of the same mind.” A fleeting smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. “Thanks.” His head tilts as the Shaymin looks up at him from their perch on Mars’ shoulder, and he meets the little pokemon’s gaze with interest. “Will they be helping us?”[break][break]

He doesn’t know a thing about properly transplanting plants, let alone crystablooms. For all he knows, the Shaymin is simply examining the vitality of the flora. But if all goes well today, Hazel will know what to do in the future without the constant need to call a superior for assistance.

[break][break]

[newclass=".haze"]--accent:#b0a7db; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze blockquote b, .haze blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .haze blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .haze blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".haze .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .haze .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .haze .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 19:15:19 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

The question earns the professor a slight smile on Mars’ part, causing him to turn towards the pokémon on his shoulder and gently scratch under its chin. The Shaymin is proud but not above such affections, even going as far as lightly thumping one of its little back paws for a second or two.
[break][break]
”He’ll help ensure the crystablooms stay alive. Shaymin are particularly good with flora, but my Linoone will do most of the work when it comes to the actual digging.” It’s from a Luxury Ball that the Rushing Pokémon is released – long and of a shimmering coat marked by gorgeous copper-coloured stripes.
[break][break]
The Shaymin, familiar with the Linoone ever since it first met Mars on its floating island, jumps down onto her back when the banker crouches down by her side. Mars usually favours non-verbal commands, but this time instructions are carefully given – it’s delicate work, after all.
[break][break]
Such being the case, it’s with precision that Nifitsa makes use of ROTOTILLER to begin to dig up the crystablooms.
[break][break]
”Hopefully we’ll find a way to grow them soon. Especially now that the hearts are so coveted.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.tmm2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.tmm2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 23:41:02 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

It’s a cute pokemon, this Shaymin. Hazel doesn’t comment on this aloud, but it might be evident in the slight curl of his lips as he watches it receive affection gladly. And obviously it knows what it’s doing, even as the Linoone is released and both are given careful instruction. “Ah, I see. Do you have something to house the blooms in for the time being, then?”[break][break]

It is his assumption that they will be moved to a private garden space rather than relegated to the confinement of terracotta pots. Hazel stoops alongside Mars, his espeon creeping closer on his other side, and watches with complete fascination as the two pokemon tend the crystabloom in tandem.[break][break]

“I’m sure that would benefit matters greatly.” A discreet nod to their shared factional ties. He hums in agreement, quietly mulling over his words before he pauses and looks over at Mars. Curious as ever.[break][break]

“I will say, however..I’m afraid that though I understand their rarity and the sudden desire for them, I don’t have much grasp on what has made them so special,” Hazel admits as the tilt of his smile turns sheepish. Too caught up in his own personal work at the university to delve into more scientific realms–though not for a lack of interest.[break][break]

If his words seem stilted as he says them, it’s simply due to the fact that Hazel Albrecht dislikes admitting to ignorance in any subject, even those that are far from his strengths.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 21:41:50 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”My assistant gave me some bags that should work for them.” Mars responds while carefully retrieving the aforementioned jute grow bags from one of the pockets of his topcoat. ”They’ll probably be moved right away, though.”
[break][break]
Naturally, even if it’s just the two of them, he can’t mention Sootopolis or Blackstone labs in a place like this. There’s no knowing who might overhear their conversation. Such being the case, Mars keeps things vague, watching as his pokémon work on retrieving the luminescent blooms with utmost diligence.
[break][break]
However, Hazel’s question about the importance and uniqueness of the blooms is one he can answer without a problem. The answer is one most people can find if they’re well-informed enough.
[break][break]
”They started appearing all over the region during the Infinity Energy surge a few months back. As I understand it, they feed on such energy, so naturally there’s less of them now that Necrozma took the Tree of Life.” There’s a pause there. Hazel wouldn’t know it, but Necrozma’s attack and the loss of Sootopolis… They used to be everywhere.’ Tree of Life is a particularly bitter subject for Mars. He had tried to stop it from happening. He had warned everyone, yet it had not been enough.
[break][break]
”These days, though? The hearts are a key material in the production of Sygna suits, which makes them both useful and valuable.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 15:28:16 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

“Very good.” Every component was carefully observed by Hazel, the pokemon down to the bags Mars had brought along. At this rate, perhaps he should take up gardening as a hobby. His glance meets the other man’s briefly, though, at the clarification. “Right. As to be expected.”[break][break]

It doesn’t come as a surprise to understand that they will be moved elsewhere. There is still a slight disappointment, however, to know that he won’t be able to study them further. That simply makes it more essential that he retain the knowledge he is gaining now should he come into contact with any other crystablooms in the future. “Will that be simply for harvesting? Or do they have to be tended further for a time?”[break][break]

He’s eager to learn, at least. A lifelong student no matter the subject. Though he doesn’t enjoy feeling inept in terms of knowledge, he feels comfortable enough asking Mars—the underboss is well-informed and knowledgeable. He wouldn’t have called him here in the first place if he’d felt that he might diminish Hazel’s intellect.[break][break]

“I see. That’s a shame, then.” He wasn’t present in Sootopolis for Necrozma’s attack, but it does seem like an unfortunate chain of events to have lost out on a sound energy source as a result. Though he has little understanding of exactly what happened, he doesn’t miss the slight edge to Mars’ tone. Mild as it is. Almost as if it’s a bit personal, though Hazel chooses not to press on that.[break][break]

He does tuck the subtle observation away, though.[break][break]

“Only sygna suits?” he asks, looking back down toward the pokemon at work. “If they provide enough vitality, I can't help but wonder what else they might lend aid to.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 20:20:24 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

He appreciates flowers, he appreciates their language and all the things a carefully selected bouquet can convey, yet he does not appreciate gardening itself. It awakens grim memories; thoughts of a rose garden that his childhood self had once thought to be as if the most dangerous place on earth.
[break][break]
Despite it all, Mars’ expression remains calm, his attention being fixed on both the work of his pokémon and Hazel’s questions.
[break][break]
”They’ll likely be used in propagation attempts and cared for until the hearts are ready to be harvested.” Mars pauses, looking at Hazel. ”You could visit the lab, you know? I’m sure they could give you the details about the process… and also use your help.”
[break][break]
More scientific minds are always more than welcomed by M.A.G.M.A’s research division, and after all, Mars may be well informed, but he is definitely no biologist, much less a botanist. When it comes to science, physics is closer to his own inclination, and such being the case, he can’t give Hazel every single detail about what they’re dealing with.
[break][break]
By now, the cystablooms are in their bags, ready to be transported back to Sootopolis.
[break][break]
”There’s a lot they could be used for, I imagine… and a lot about them that is left to be discovered.”

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

lou

haze, prof. albrecht
he/him
thirty-three
january 2
hammerlocke, galar
forever tethered
archivist / professor
exec. (researcher)
slow like honey
heavy with mood
5'11 height
5'11 height
awards
190 posts
part of
TAG WITH @albrecht
hazel albrecht
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 2:10:27 GMT
hazel albrecht Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","haze"]
[attr="class","top"]

He is prepared and on the cusp of asking more questions as Mars explains what will become of the crystablooms after they leave campus today. However, he bites them back at the addition offered. “Oh, I would like that very much.” In fact, he has to curb that enthusiasm a bit.[break][break]

It always makes him feel a bit silly, how eager he can be at the prospect of a new experience. Particularly when he normally holds himself in such a composed way. Hazel cannot help it, though. There is just a thrill that comes along with discovery— no matter the subject.[break][break]

His own forte lay in the realm of histories and humanities, but he’s never been one to keep them from blending with subjects like science.
In his opinion, they often inform one another. And admittedly, he’s long been curious about what goes on among the scholastics and scientists immersed in M.A.G.M.A.[break][break]

So perhaps it is high time he makes his way to the facility.[break][break]

The blooms look so neat and tidy in their little bags. The empty spot they once took root in is already covered back over with soil. “I greatly appreciate your help with this,” he says as they stand, “as well as your insight.”[break][break]

Out of a long instilled sense of formality, he offers his hand. “I’m sure you’re correct. After all, why let usage stop at only one thing?” It would be foolish, to say the least.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 2:18:27 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","tmm2"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Ha. I believe I should be the one thanking you for your help, even if only on behalf of my division and our researchers.” Mars admits with a smile, for while he himself may not be a scientist, as one of the M.A.G.M.A Division’s directors, he knows well how valuable new crystabloom specimens are to their research sector. The luminescent flowers in the bags he holds will be greatly appreciated. ”You have made an important contribution today.”
[break][break]
The gesture may seem like a formality, but to Mars in it there’s much more than that. Etiquette and decorum are valued by the underboss, especially in a criminal organisation full of grunts who often seem as if no one ever taught them any manners. And so, the handshake is firm, short, yet undeniably one that speaks of mutual respect.
[break][break]
”I’ll be going, then. Have a good day, Professor Albrecht.”
[break][break]
After calling back both his pokémon, he simply walks away, having already made arrangements for the crystablooms to be safely transported to Sootopolis the moment he leaves the university.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 22:21:20 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: