Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 7:11:58 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege-light"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The Old Ricketts House stood on the edge of Slateport. Anthony L. Ricketts, sometimes referred to as the Chief, was one of the most famous figures in the Hoenn military. His ingenious strategies once saved the region from invasion a few centuries ago. Now, his house stood as a curious landmark in Slateport. Rumors abounded that the place was haunted. For years now, a certain company had been trying to get permission from the Ricketts estate to send in some ghost hunters for their TV special. It was something of a media spectacle. After much fanfare, the estate gave in. The ghost hunters were given their permission to investigate.[break][break]

That’s about where Navy came into the picture. Miranda and him were hitting up the craft services table set up outside of the old Ricketts House. House didn’t really do it justice. The place was a mansion, with about a dozen rooms worth mentioning, including four bedrooms. Craft services was the term for the snack table on a film set. For a sporadic ‘reality’ show, there was a lot going on behind the scenes. Officially, the two had been hired as ‘security’. They were being told to go above and beyond for the shoot today. They’d be trying to protect the crew from anything that might actually show up. Ghost Pokemon could be pretty brutal.[break][break]

What’d I tell ya?” Navy asked Miranda with a smile, sipping on overpriced carbonated water and eating a cinnamon bagel caked in Nutella. “I’ve worked a film gig or two in my time. They’re pretty good about feeding the crew. They’ve got any kind of snack you could imagine.” Navy took a bite of his bagel.[break][break]

Before Miranda could respond, the director himself came up to them. He was a sleazy looking man, to say the least. Morbidly obese, with a purple suit shirt that barely contained his girth. Underneath was a floral print shirt stained with about four kinds of grease. A few buttons had popped off, exposing a gold chain and his pillowy man-bosom. His eyes were hidden by sunglasses and his smile revealed golden teeth.[break][break]

Heh heh heh. You two Michael Navidson and Miry-chan? Good to see you both. Why don’t you ditch this loser and come star in a film or two at my studio? I’m just kidding. Heh. We’re about to get going. You two ready to head into the danger zoooone?”[break][break]

Oh, that Spamton Sparantino. He was one hell of a kidder.[break][break]

I’m ready to go if the kid is, Sparantino.” Navy remarked, taking another sip of his water. It was lime flavored, and he might have even been able to tell you that without reading it on the can.

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]NAVY

[attr="class","subtxt"]Another day older

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

[newclass=.siege-light] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light] --accent:#FFFFFF; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name b] color:#000080; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:1px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -2px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name] font:50px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600!important; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Poppins:600]

close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 7:24:28 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with @navy .

"Nav," she was looking at the food, eating it, though she didn't look like she liked the taste. "You do remember that I lived in a mansion right? With our own dedicated chef. Like, food like this is so-so to me." she told him, completely unimpressed with the food that was being offered on the set. "Not that expensive food is always good mind you, frankly some of my favorite meals have been made by some mothers who fancied themselves chefs. This processed crap is kind of bad." not that she could do much talking on that front, Miranda couldn't cook very well.

Still she was learning, she'd started to slowly learn recipes though it was clear she was no expert. Most of the food she cooked were friend and just that, she had no real patience for something that took hours to cook like stew. When that fat bloke appeared the girl immediately felt some revulsion, taking a backstep, her hands instinctively gripping Nav's shoulders tightly.

He could see that it was taking a lot of self control for Miranda not to snap, but she was hanging in there. She couldn't afford to piss off this guy and give her employer trouble. "Haha..." her laugh was forced. "That's a good joke sir." she couldn't sound even more fake if she tried but the guy just coasted over it.

"Well I'm game as I'll ever be." at least, Miranda wasn't easy to scare. Hell, there was a reason she picked ghost type pokemon. "Worse come to were at least Gengar can certainly handle other ghost type pokemon."

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 7:34:16 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Gotta ‘member, Miry. Beggars can’t always be choosers.” Navy remarked at Miranda’s first comment.[break][break]

Couldn’t agree more. Miry-chan, I could make sure you never had money problems again. Heh heh heh…” The man’s breath stank to high heaven, too. For a director who seemed well off enough financially, the guy sure didn’t know anything about dental hygiene. Sighing, Navy unslung one of his pokeballs and released Roland, his Gallade.[break][break]

Roland was a psychic type. He’d be perfect for dealing with any ghosts, or at least sensing their presence. Roland didn’t seem to like Sparantino much, from how he moved to guard Miranda from his sight.[break][break]

We’re heading inside now.” Navy said, grabbing Miranda by the hand and pulling her into the mansion.[break][break]

Stepping inside, it really was like they had been transported back in time by about a hundred years or so. The mansion was dusty. Some of the rooms had clearly fallen into disrepair. The estate hadn’t done a very good job of maintaining this place. The crew looked to the two detectives and all of them lit up at the sight of the Gallade.[break][break]

Oh man! Get a load of that guy! He’s gonna be a great help in our investigation!” The leading man, a tall, dark-skinned Alolan said.[break][break]

As it turns out, the hired security had a psychic on hand. They were immediately brought in as consultants for the case…” The 2nd AD, who apparently doubled as the narrator, called out in a dramatic voice for the camera. The cameras turned to face both Navy and Miranda just in time to catch Navy and Roland both roll their eyes.

[attr="class","bottom"]

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

[newclass=.siege-light] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light] --accent:#FFFFFF; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name b] color:#000080; letter-spacing:3px; text-shadow:1px; text-shadow: -2px -2px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -2px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .name] font:50px 'Poppins'; font-weight:600!important; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 10px 'roboto'; color:#000; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:30px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege-light .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 7:44:10 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with @navy .

If she had some quip to say to the man about his comment about her never needing to deal with her money problems, she sure never said anything. Instead she just willed herself to smile politely while forcing an awkward chuckle. She felt that if she said anything, he'd just use that to continue the conversation.

"Right," she normally would've said something about needing to be led on like this but... well, at least Navy was a good enough deterrent against that creepy guy that seemed to want to make moves on her. Miranda was doing her best to stay composed over here but she really, really didn't like being seen by these cameras. Her hope was she'd appear on television once she'd made her grand return but appearing as an extra in a show wasn't something she liked. "Gengar, keep your eyes peeled okay?" she looked at her pokemon, pointing at her eyes and the ghost type's and the dark little thing nodded.

"Are we actually going to be part of their, uh, paranormal investigation? I thought we were just going to remain off-camera." she whispered to her boss, though she was aware that the camera was drifting towards her for a few seconds before it moved back to the scene. Really, the place was dirty but other than that, it didn't actually seem creepy.

Miranda had lived in a place that resembled this when she was younger, though that belonged to her grandfather. "So wait, what do I do? Just sic Gengar on any ghost that appears? Or wait for your signal to do that?"

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 7:56:54 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Navy gave the affirmative nod to Miranda. She was picking up on things quickly. This was more of a security gig than a proper investigation, and it showed. The old, decrepit building grew progressively more and more unnerving as they walked through the rooms. There were portraits on the wall that had eyes that seemed to follow both Navy and Miranda as they walked past. Off in the distance, the occasional cackling of some strange creature sounded. A few of the behind the scenes people shrieked. The leading man with his sculpted chin paid it no mind.[break][break]
More or less, that’s the idea, yeah. We know ghost pokemon are real, obviously. You’ve got one. Chances are, there’s prolly just like, I’unno, a Gastly or something roaming around. We wait ‘til they catch it in camera. If things get too hairy or if the ghostie gets too rowdy, you step in.” Navy nodded at the girl’s Gengar.[break][break]
Chances are, whatever we’re dealing with isn’t really a powerful ghost. Something low tier. You said you lost a battle already, yeah? Tell you what. I’ll have Roland on standby, so let’s see if you can---” A vase flew off of a display table in front of Navy. It flew past his head. Something cackled. The cameras turned on them again. Roland looked around, its intelligent eyes searching for the unseen threat.[break][break]
And, like that, our investigators found themselves face to face with something from beyond our mortal coil…” The narrator/AD intoned.[break][break]
Whoever you are…can you hear us…?!” The host asked.[break][break]
A hallway mirror stood opposite where Navy and Miranda stood. Writing appeared on it as green, ectoplasmic ooze dripped down the mirror. These words were written on its surface:[break][break]
no. lol[break][break]
Miranda and Gengar could see, in the mirror’s reflection, a small Gastly materialize and laugh at its own joke. No one, save perhaps Navy or Roland, seemed to notice it yet.

[attr="class","bottom"]

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 8:08:10 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with @navy .

If the situation were less difficult for her, Miranda might have actually laughed but she couldn't very well laugh when her livelihood depending on the situation.

"It looks like our resident ghost has a sense of humor, ladies and gentlemen, lets see what-" the narrarator's sentiments were cut off when the sound of something scratching on the ceiling made itself known. It looked like there wasn't just a single Gengar involved, but two and this one was deliberately trying to close the curtains on the staff gathered there by trying to crash that rickety chandelier on their heads.

Miranda gave Navy a look and actually stepped forward, her pokemon trailing behind her. "Gengar..." the host took a step back, trying to get out of the way of the decorative that was about to fall when black hands stretched from underneath the floorboards, gripping his ankles. "Get it off me!" the host cried.

"Navy, I'll get the Chandelier, you take care of the host." she was barking orders, when they were meant to have the roles switched. Still he did say she could take the initiative right? "Gengar, use Shadow Punch, right there!" she pointed at the thing that was hanging on by a tiny cord and caused it to fly off into the wall before plopping back down without hurting anyone.

Still this was the chance to catch the other pokemon that was making a mess of things, Navy had only a moment to handle the pokemon who had it's slimy paws on the host lest it get away.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 8:23:19 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

As the world descended into chaos around them, Navy leaned against the wall and watched things play out. There was a quiet sense of pride as Miranda rose to the occasion. It was a big thing, letting her take the lead. She was taking it magnificently, showing initiative that every trainer needed to, lest they fall by the wayside and be overtaken by their own Pokemon. Daddy dearest, whoever bought Miranda her own Gengar, clearly didn’t know what he was doing. These things could be powerful. Key word being could be. Some were weak sauce who just lucked out by evolving early.[break][break]

With a wave of his hand, Navy directed Roland. The Gallade had been Gabe’s originally. The two had a bond that went deeper than words. With quiet focus, Roland rushed for the host. Placing one of his bladed arms around the Alolan, Roland teleported into an empty space in the middle of the room, away from most of the others. The camera man was frantically trying to turn and grab all of the action between Miranda and Navy. The two had turned the show into a veritable mosh pit.[break][break]

Gengar there thinks he has the type advantage. Show him a good time, buddy.” Navy grinned. Roland unleashed a fury cutter, striking out three consecutive times at the Gengar. Once, twice, three lightning quick hits that seemed to form a red X over the ghost Pokemon. Roland’s cape fluttered dramatically in the wind for the camera.[break][break]

Navy turned to see how his secretary was doing.

[attr="class","bottom"]

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 8:35:00 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with @navy .

The girl was remarkably quick on her feet for how lazy she usually is, she rolled out of the way of some old pieces of furniture being thrown at her, using a dust-riddled sofa as cover. "Whoever scouted this freaking location really didn't do his homework." she muttered under her breath, upset at how a simple job was spiraling out of control fast. She watched the host being escorted by some staff as they were making their way to safety, though the film crew was bravely hanging back, recording everything. Miranda couldn't find what was attacking them, it was obviously a ghastly but still... the question was where was the thing hiding.

She picked up her compact, lifting it up so she could see behind her without standing out from behind her cover. "Found it!" she triumphantly said.

"Gengar, use Confuse Ray!" she said, swinging out from her cover, pointing in the direction of where the plume of dust was moving, her handkerchief covering her face in time for her pokemon to land a direct blow on the other ghost time, causing the destruction and chaos it was causing to end. "Navy, how are we supposed to end this again?"

"Like, do I capture it or just give it a good beating." they never really did get that far with the plan for when things went to this stage, but hey, at least she seemed on top of things. Though the girl was clearly winging it.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 8:44:51 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

While everyone else seemed convinced that this was going terribly, Navy was still playing it cool. It was more or less what he had expected, really. They scouted a haunted location, they could expect to see actual ghost pokemon, not whatever weird ghosts they thought they were hunting. Gengar had recovered from the fury cutter. It was on its last legs, clearly not the strongest specimen of its kind, but it was determined to go out with a bang.[break][break]

Roland did an elegant dance. The Pokemon closed its eyes and flowed around the room, doing a dance known as the swords dance in some cultures. It focused the mind and sharpened his arm-blades. The ball struck him mid-step, which only served to infuriate the psychic fighter more and more.[break][break]

Roland unleashed a second volley of attacks on the Gengar. Seeing that the match was essentially over, Navy looked to Miranda to see how her fight was going. The girl was growing. Good. She’d need to find her footing if she was going to ever take on the League challenge and get the three gym badges that she needed.[break][break]

Just knock it out. We aren’t authorized to capture Pokemon in city limits. Once we’re done here, we’ll alert the rangers and they’ll hopefully relocate these guys somewhere…safe. Or as safe as anywhere can be for ghost Pokemon. You got this, kid.” Navy still sounded as calm as ever.

[attr="class","bottom"]

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

close tab

played by

mystic

secretary
officer
15 height
15 height
awards
23 posts
part of
TAG WITH @miranda
miranda walker
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 8:53:53 GMT
miranda walker Avatar

Miranda

Playing with @navy .

The wild pokemon that she was squared off against seemed to be on its last legs, she might not have been experienced enough but that was just fine. She'd manage. "Alright Gengar." she told her pokemon, ready to finish off that dazed ghastly that was swaying in place. "Again, Use Shadow Punch!" and once more, that disembodied purple fist of power would come crashed down, knocking the ghastly into a wall, though given its nature as a ghost it at least wouldn't cause property damage. That ought to be enough for the thing to start running away.

"I'm not sure what we can use the footage for, but it might be worth something." the assistant director said, after she breathed a sigh of relief from where she was standing. The cameraman gave the pair a thumb's up. It wasn't a smooth and perfect job, but they hadn't been paid to do that sort of work.

"I guess that'll have to be that, eh?" she was still keeping a handkerchief against her nose, not really willing to breathe in all these particles into her nose. "So do we have to stay on set? Because not going to lie, I really want to get out of here and shower. Besides, its getting all over my hair." she told Navy, pointing towards those locks of hers, much to the chagrin of the AD who was left behind.

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
awards
3,269 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 9:00:38 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

She…did good. Better than Navy did in his first Pokemon battle, when Old Ironsides fought Gabe’s Gyarados. She was making good progress. Navy smiled at her, excited to see how high this girl could climb in the world of Pokemon. Everyone breathed a collective sigh of relief. The Gastly and Gengar both fainted without any fuss. Roland looked injured, huffing and trying to maintain a cool, stoic look. He was failing. There was a grin on his Gallade’s face.[break][break]

Navy waved off Miranda. If she wanted to go so bad, she could. He wasn’t going to stop her. Turning towards the AD, he decided to speak up on his secretary’s behalf.[break][break]

Per standard League regulations, we have to stop so that Rangers can properly handle these two Pokemon. During this break, why don’t we take lunch? I’ll drive her home, then I’ll come back and serve as the guard for the rest of the night.”[break][break]

That’s, uh, yeah, that’s more than fair. You do that.”[break][break]

Navy walked out, expecting Miranda to follow him. When they reached his truck, the detective turned to her, put a hand on her shoulder, and smiled at her again.[break][break]

I just want you to know that you did good, kid.

[attr="class","bottom"]

and deeper in debt

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

milky

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Ghost Stories [M]
POSTED ON Oct 16, 2022 21:48:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(OFFICER)