lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
you’ve sure got a lot of gull [m]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 0:25:36 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

Seated on the edge of the pier, Lam let his legs dangle as he picked at a container of loaded french fries. The weather was nice–brisk, but not too cool yet to be chilly in only a hoodie. He’d taken the advice of a new friend and finally made his way out to Lilycove for a weekend visit, set on seeing if it did remind him of Hau’oli city.[break][break]

And it hadn’t disappointed. While not as big, nor exactly the same, it was at least reminiscent enough to settle some embedded homesickness he’d been holding onto. His only regret was that he hadn’t managed to drag along with him. He’d definitely be bringing his boyfriend back here, though. Maybe for a birthday, or something.[break][break]

For now, it was nice enough to enjoy the cool air that rolled off the ocean. A lonely little wingull landed on the end post of the pier nearby in a flutter of wings. Not wanting to miss the opportunity, Lam set his snack to the side and pulled his sketchbook from his bag, intent on catching a nice still.[break][break]

The wrong move.[break][break]

Not only did the wingull on the post zero in on the food temporarily set to the side, but the act alone seemed to manifest several more within seconds. All of them hovering, staring with their little beady wingull eyes.[break][break]

Slowly, he set the sketch pad down and reclaimed the carton of fries.[break][break]

The wingulls hopped closer as Lam went still, still, still. Rigid smile on his lips that probably looked more like a silent scream for help. One, then two, then three. Another landed on his head, and nestled in his hair. Each of them as frozen in place as he was, waiting for the sudden movement of depositing the food so that they could tear at it like a horde of ravenous mightyena.[break][break]

Bump that. They were way worse than the most vicious mightyena.[break][break]

And here he’d thought he was good with birds.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

m: don’t feed the gulls // death by bird??

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lam"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote b, .lam blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lam blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lam blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lam .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .lam .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiki

She/Her
November 19
CherryGrove City
Hetero
-
-
10 height
10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
32 posts
vivan flores DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vivan
vivan flores
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 5:43:58 GMT
vivan flores Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She breathes a sigh of relief. "I'm glad to hear that" She chuckles awkwardly, somewhat surprised at Lam's reaction. In her experience most people wouldn't react the same way he did, she figured he'd be more upset. Once again Vivan laughs at his remark only this time did it sound more natural.

"Nonsense, I apologize for not using a gentler method." Noticing a feather on the man's shoulder, Vivan slowly approaches. "You missed a spot" She alerts him gently before stepping close enough to pluck it away. Retreating backwards to give him personal space again.

Minnie also wished to apologize to Lam, climbing onto his shoulders the minun gently rubbed her cheeks against his, hoping that he would forgive her. She smiles at the sight of it - but it quickly vanishes with the sound of angry squawking. Looking towards the sky Vivan realized that the wingull have returned but in mightier numbers.

"We should get out of here for now!" She said urgently unsure if it was the thunderbolt that caused them to be so angry or if it was because of something else.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 0:15:20 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

This was a familiarity with Hau’oli that Lam couldn’t quite say he was fond of.[break][break]

Wingull were relentless birds– pelipper too, for that matter. Nasty little buggers that even he couldn’t really find a good way to reconcile. And he loved birds. Lam sat as still as he could, hands covering the carton of fries in his lap to keep them all from descending on the snack at once time. Long, little beaks inched nearer and nearer. The one on his head tipped forward, leaning down over his face and blocking his face with white feathers.[break][break]

Actually, as much as he’d wanted his boyfriend to visit Lilycove with him, he was majorly glad that wasn’t here at this very moment to see the potential disaster unfolding. Lam would never hear the end of it, ‘bird whisperer’ that he proclaimed to be between the two of them.[break][break]

He tried to wiggle his shoulders to dispel the flock of them, but any that fluttered off of him only resettled moments later. He was just about to forgo the fries and attempt to toss them to the side so he could get out of dodge when a thunderbolt crackled up the dock.[break][break]

The move caught him off guard, and Lam could feel the energy vibrating in the planks underneath him, possibly shocking him just a bit purely from contact. It did the trick, though, and the wingull scattered in a tangle of wind, feathers, and angry squawking. Dusting feathers from his hair, Lam twisted around at the sound of a woman’s voice.[break][break]

“Oh, yeah. I’m okay,” he offered with a weak smile. A sheepish laugh followed. “Thanks for that, I thought I was gonna have to sit like a statue until next spring.”

[break][break]

And here he’d thought he was good with birds.

[break][break]

[newclass=".lam"]--accent:#9eb591; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam blockquote b, .lam blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lam blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lam blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lam .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lam .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .lam .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiki

She/Her
November 19
CherryGrove City
Hetero
-
-
10 height
10 height
awards
32 posts
vivan flores DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vivan
vivan flores
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 1:01:34 GMT
vivan flores Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

She breathes a sigh of relief. "I'm glad to hear that" She chuckles awkwardly, somewhat surprised at Lam's reaction. In her experience most people wouldn't react the same way he did, she figured he'd be more upset. Once again Vivan laughs at his remark only this time did it sound more natural.

"Nonsense, I apologize for not using a gentler method." Noticing a feather on the man's shoulder, Vivan slowly approaches. "You missed a spot" She alerts him gently before stepping close enough to pluck it away. Retreating backwards to give him personal space again.

Minnie also wished to apologize to Lam, climbing onto his shoulders the minun gently rubbed her cheeks against his, hoping that he would forgive her. She smiles at the sight of it - but it quickly vanishes with the sound of angry squawking. Looking towards the sky Vivan realized that the wingull have returned but in mightier numbers.

"We should get out of here for now!" She said urgently unsure if it was the thunderbolt that caused them to be so angry or if it was because of something else.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 17:26:35 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

Luckily, Lam was a laid back sort of person. It took a lot of effort to truly irritate him, let alone fully anger him.[break][break]

“Oh, it’s fine. I’m used to little shocks,” he replied with a wave of his hand. From his pocket, he fished free a pokeball that he’d been unable to reach while covered in the wingull. In a bright glow, his shinx popped free–yellow and black fur ruffled before he shook it out. “Ah, thanks.” He hadn’t even realized the feathers. And honestly, it was something that didn’t even faze him, given his typical work with flying-types.[break][break]

He couldn’t help but laugh as the minun jumped up to his shoulder. His opposite hand lifted to scratch between her ears as she nuzzled his face. “It’s okay, I’m not mad at you. You did good! Those wingull were a pain.” It seemed he’d never quite get the hang of working with that particular avian.[break][break]

A persistent pain, at that.[break][break]

Lam frowned, turning at the same time as his new acquaintance when the sound of angry cawing blotted out the sound of the town in the nearby distance. “Yikes, yeah. Looks like we’re about to have a bigger problem on our hands.” Turning, he looked down the length of the dock for any sort of cover they could find. “What about over there?” he asked as he pointed at a small tackle and bait shed further along the marina’s edge.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Kiki

She/Her
November 19
CherryGrove City
Hetero
-
-
10 height
10 height
awards
32 posts
vivan flores DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vivan
vivan flores
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 23:46:09 GMT
vivan flores Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Curious to what Lam could mean by he was used to electric shocks - Vivan guessed that frequently worked with electric types. There wasn't much time to discuss it further since they had a flock of angry wingull after them. At the very least - she was grateful that Lam was such an understanding person.

Looking in the direction he pointed out, she gives an affirmative nod when locating the bait shed. Vivan begins to run towards it with her luggage in tow. Just above them she could hear the angry cries of the flock as it chased after the group, and it sounded terrifying. Right when she was just about to reach the shelter Vivan failed to notice a loose stone on the path. She takes a tumble and scrapes up both of her knees as a result. Managing to scramble up in time she makes it into the shelter before the angry flock rains down on her.

With some heavy breathing and sweat down her face she looks towards Lam with a slight smile. "Barely made it, you alright?"

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2022 2:52:35 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

The wingull were not giving up so easily, it seemed. They had definitely amassed in greater numbers to take their revenge on the three of them— which was pretty unfair given how outnumbered they were comparatively. So rather than let it remain just two people and a minun, Lam fished out a pokeball he couldn’t reach earlier and sent out his shinx. “Tail us! That sound good, Noodle?” The golden-furred shinx chirped its understanding, and dogged their heels as they took off. Occasionally he sent little WILD CHARGES up at the flock to slow them down.[break][break]

It must have been difficult for her to drag her luggage, so at some point, Lam hoisted up her bag by the handle. Probably around the moment she took a tumble. Rather than keep going, he waited for her, not wanting to leave his impromptu companion behind. He threw open the door to the shed, and only pulled it shut once everyone was securely inside. The angry honks of the sea fowl continued in front of the door and from the roof.[break][break]

“Maybe they’ll forget about us soon,” he said as he struggled to catch his breath. Lam was then quick to shake his head, “Don’t worry about me, I’m fine. Are you? That looked like a rough fall.” Brows furrowing together, his glance drifted down to her scraped knees.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 2:23:14 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","top"]

In the end, it’s just a waiting game. Maybe a bit awkward being stuck in a utility shed with someone you don’t really know, but luckily Lam is an easygoing person. And in any case— Vivan did him a solid in the first place, it’s really not much trouble to patch up her knees with some spare bandaids kept in his pencil case for when he gets sore calluses on his fingers from holding a pencil or brush for too long.[break][break]

Still, though, maybe he should’ve just chucked the fries and run in the first place. He sort of lost them in the getaway dash, so why had he held onto them to start with? Oh yeah, his rumbling stomach reminds him when the screeching of the wingull finally fades and he is able to part ways with Vivan, wishing her the best on her travels.[break][break]

Shinx at his heels, Lam heads for the closest foodstall he can find. Though this time he won’t eat down on the docks. He’s not about to make that mistake twice.
[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 4:59:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: