awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 7:26:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He remembered that they had to talk… about the dungeons, all eight of them.

Well, this was also going to be something like a discovery for him as well.

He wondered if she’d gotten his message to meet him over at this small roadside family café near the outskirts of Petalburg City—so here he was, waiting for her to arrive.

Having already ordered a vanilla milkshake to pass the time, he also had something else with him—a very familiar-looking journal, some scraps of paper and a pen.

He hadn’t fully updated the contents yet, seeing as there may be more added with this meeting…

passing on tales from the old to the new

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 8:08:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
It was certainly a late morning, but it was still early enough in the day that Rydia's Café was still serving breakfast alongside lunch. had invited her to share her findings regarding the Gale Mesallion she had found in the Braviary's Nest, as well as the other Medallions of Eight. While she only had five in her possession, she had a lot to tell the Fortree Leader about her goings-on. Her ride Espeon, a bright green one at that, sat down next to Alex. "You picked a good place to have breakfast," the wild child greeted him, though it was a bit late for breakfast. It was already mid to late morning.

No sooner than a minute after the two had exchanged pleasantries, a waiter had arrived to take orders. "Swedish Supreme, with the eggs scrambled and a large milk, please." she requested. It was a little of everything: some scrambled eggs, some Swedish pancakes, and a waffle to go with it. It was a big breakfast, but perfect for those who could not decide.

Once Alex had placed an order for a meal, if any, she would cover her side of the table with the five Medallions she had retrieved, leaving the Gale Medallion closest to the Djinni's Patron, for lack of a better word. "I've got a lot to share, so I hope you can take good notes."

{WC: 231}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Starr         Espeon         Good
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 20, 2022 8:17:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

After placing his own order for a complete breakfast platter with extra bacon (because this was Alex, c’mon what kind of an idiot was he if he didn’t have more bacon to chow down on) he flipped the topmost piece of paper over so that the ‘fresh’ side was facing him.

“Speaking of the Halls of Origin… the way you mentioned that there were like. What, eight of these,” he gestured with his pen as he looked at the familiar medallion, “…doesn’t that mean there’s some kind of… legendary Pokémon or some such involved in all this?”

He then idly wondered if the other had spotted any crystalblooms in the other places she’d explored so far. What had happened and caused those to suddenly become literally fucking scarce? What was up with that?

(And to think the sudden ‘disappearance’ of the flowers seemed to be a fucking omen…)

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 8:02:40 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Upon hearing Alex order bacon, Shalin thought to get a side of it, as well. With it being so late in the morning, she could easily turn this to a brunch. She had worked hard the last several weeks. She deserved to treat herself every now and then! When the server returned with their drinks, she asked. "I'm sorry, can I also add a side of bacon to my order, please?" With a nod, it was made so.

"...No one knows," Shalin slowly answered Alex. "The Halls of Origin were sealed away so long ago that no one truly knows why they were sealed or what's inside." With the Medallions of Eight all depicting legendary Pokémon, the Fortree Lorekeeper could be right. "It wouldn't surprise me, but there's no way to know. Considering it's not only in the same location as, but shares a name with, the Cave of Origin..."

She recounted the tale of her brief trip to the Halls of Origin with . "There were so many statues of legendary Pokémon at the entrance. And the entrance was not easy to get to, either. I legitimately think Team Rocket doesn't know about the place," she whispered before speaking in her normal voice again. "We didn't get far, though. Not far after that, there was a small hall with eight pedestals and an inscription that read, 'Ones who does not have the Medallions of Eight can't go in.' That's how I know there are seven more just like the Gale Medallion. And you're looking at four more of them right now."

{WC: 264}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 21, 2022 20:48:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Looking at the one they’d both retrieved, he could only wonder—why did this one have the relief of a very familiar-looking djinni from all the way home back in Unova?

“I was expecting these to be like, you know… legendary Pokémon that are local to the Hoenn region,” he continued as he took a sip of his milk shake, looking over the current collection of five that she’d managed to scrounge up so far.

“Although it begs me to wonder. Was the name of the place just a coincidence with the supposed same place that may have a similar name, in another region altogether?” he thought out loud.

The possibilities were endless, after all.

And then, he had a brainfart of an idea.

“Have… asides from the one we’ve been to. Have you seen any sign of crystalblooms anywhere?”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 22, 2022 8:41:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"That's what puzzled me," Shalin agreed with Alex. Out of the five Medallions she had gathered so far, all of them depicted legendary Pokémon not native to Hoenn. She passed them to Alex one at a time, having started with the Gale Medallion because of his obvious interest in the Flying-type Unovan legendary Pokémon. Though she didn't know he had already befriended the Djinni, she had a good idea, given how much he loved Flying-types. "The Night Medallion," bearing Yveltal's image, "the Glacial Medallion," bearing that of Articuno, "the Chrome Medallion," of Regigigas, "and the Mirage Medallion," of Volcanion. "There are three more out there."

"I haven't been able to make a connection," Shalin replied. "There's the Cave of Origin, but that's in Hoenn. Nothing off region comes to mind. I do find it strange that the gods on the medallions are all from different parts of the world, though." She paused to collect her thoughts one more time. "Inside that entry chamber in the Halls of Origin, there were clues on where the rest of the medallions were at. This is what I found."

"One atop a remote peak, passed down by avian-blessed warriors..."

"One in the depths of a wetland snake's belly..."

"One buried in an arctic prison..."

"One in an ancient pharaoh's tomb..."

"One in a mystic palace erected in defiance of reality..."

"One beyond the jaws of a dragon of stone..."

"One in the shadow of the grandest tombstone..."

"One in the hottest, fiercest depths of Hoenn's red earth..."

She let out a sigh after she was done reading aloud. "We went to the first one together. The second was a place deep in the swamps of Route 123, called the Seviper's Remains. The third was the Crystal Trench, buried in Shoal Cave. You know, that place not even Hoenn's Rangers will rescue you from? The fourth was the Epoch Ruins in the Great Desert, and the fifth was the Mirage Palace in the Fiery Path. All of them were...extraordinary, to say the least. And I've located the sixth one but it's in a harsh place. It's the Shark's Maw, and it's at the very peak of Meteor Falls. That's where I'm going next."

When asked about Crystalblooms, Shalin shrugged. "What are Crystalblooms?"

{WC: 380}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 8:33:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Of course he would spend maybe more than a lot of time ogling the first one, most likely because it had the relief of the one he knew all too well—the djinni and brother, part of four three that he knew.

The one with Articuno’s image, he cracked a smirk at—but the one with Volcanion he almost threw across the table.

“That… that one. The fifth one. I saw them—down at Shoal Cave,” he stammered, hoping the other would have the mind to catch it in time.

“I don’t know how the hell it got down there, but… well, I saw it there. Scaring… scaring a bunch of Phione.”

When she mentioned she didn’t know what the crystalblooms were, he sighed.

“I figured I’d ask you, since you go around finding all these places hidden across the region. They… they’re flowers, seemingly normal flowers that when they bloom, they’re extremely radiant in the daytime. But… when night falls, that’s when their true beauty shines. I thought… I thought you’d have seen them elsewhere asides from the place we’ve been to,” he explained with a defeated sigh.

Just what happened to those flowers? It was… strange, really.

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 9:04:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin gasped when Alex nearly threw the Mirage Medallion across the table. "Careful! I can't go losing any of these!" she exclaimed, some heads in the café turning toward her mid-outburst. "...Interesting," she replied to the Fortree Leader's remark about Volcanion. While she didn't know the name of the Pokémon directly, she expected it was a legendary Pokémon of some kind. "Interesting you say that, because I found this one in that palace I told you about. Is it a Fire and an Ice type at the same time? The bottom of that place was boiling hot, and the top half was built out of solid Never Melt Ice. It was, needless to say, a living hell." A living hell that would remember all too well.

"I've been to a lot of corners of Hoenn, and I did not see a single Crystalbloom. Or at least nothing resembling what you described," she answered with a sigh. "What is with Hoenn's wonders just up and vanishing of late?" When the waiter came back with their beverages, Shalin slid the medallions to the side and started stacking the ones Alex had already examined in detail, leaving the Gale Medallion on top and the Night and Chrome ones separately visible. She took a big gulp of her milk before setting the glass back down.

"I noticed you looked at the Gale Medallion especially closely," Shalin made Alex aware of her observation. "Do you know a lot about this Pokémon?"

{WC: 250}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 9:58:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It’s actually Fire…and Water,” he corrected her. “Kind of strange, to have two completely contrasting elements be found within a Pokémon’s typing.”

At the sight of the Night medallion, though, he couldn’t help but wonder—how his friend was.

“Shame,” he hummed as he took another look at the one with the image of the bacon bird other avian. “I know someone who knows a lot of stories about this particular one, and yet the last I heard of them they went back to Kalos.”

Of course, he knew better than that. Much as he didn’t want to deceive the other, he knew that some secrets had to remain secret.

When she mentioned that everything that was beautiful was also fleeting, he couldn’t help but sigh.

“It’s… just how the way things are, unfortunately,” he replied quietly.

Once the conversation turned to the very first medallion, there was this light in his eyes that fanned itself and set aflame.

“Well… you see,” he began once he’d managed to gather himself together. “The djinni are originally from my home region, Unova.”

He then opened the journal and began thumbing through the entries until he found the ridiculously-detailed entries he had written down about the three.

“One of the stories I picked up about them goes, that there were two brothers. One of wind, and another of lightning. But… they never got along, so they would always get into fights and stuff.”

He paused to allow for some dramatic effect.

“They would fight, on and on—bringing fierce wind and rain, and lightning storms wherever they went.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 8:33:12 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"...Fire and Water?" Shalin asked, confirming what Alex had said. "That's such an odd type combination. I wonder why this would appear inside a palace of fire and ice, then?" Perhaps at one point the second floor of the Mirage Palace revolved around water rather than ice. She would have much preferred that than what she went through up there, given how close she came to freezing despite sitting on a fire-type's back most of the time she was up there.

"Must have been several months ago," Shalin remarked. "Is this a Kalosian Pokémon?" she asked. "It reminds me a lot of the Guardian of the Sea, Lugia." As she listened to the tale of the two Djinn, it reminded her of how Lugia and Ho-oh didn't really get along after the Brass Tower, now the Burned Tower, had been struck by lightning. The similarities to Johtonian legends increased. "Just like the Guardian of the Sea and the Bird of Rainbow Colors, it seems..."

Once Alex had paused long enough, Shalin shifted the conversation back to her own expeditions. "So I mentioned earlier that the other two were 'In the shadow of the grandest tombstone' and 'In the hottest, fiercest depths of Hoenn's red earth.' You've been traveling Hoenn longer than I have. Do you have any idea what those lines may be referring to?"

{WC: 226}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 11:09:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Yes, its type combination is apparently Fire and Water, not Fire and Ice… that’s an oxymoron if I ever heard of one,” he replied with a quiet chuckle.

“Approximately, maybe,” he continued at the image of Volcanion. “I’d have to ask my Kalosian friend and confirm it with him,” he hummed.

He wondered if he would be able to contact to ask about Volcanion, considering what the other man was up to.

As Shalin asked about the other two, he could only tilt his head to one side in confusion before looking through his collection of notes. Coming to a stop on the section that had the Hoennian legendary tales he’d managed to gather so far, he pondered.

“I’m not sure if the one found in the volcano may be Groudon,” he hummed. “As for the other one, it doesn’t ring any bells.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 16:31:13 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Despite Shalin's misconceptions, she was mostly on the right track. "You would say fire and ice together is an oxymoron, but that would change real quick if you set foot in that place," she replied, Janus trying to implant calming feelings in Shalin, as well as Alex if his mind consented. It was clear the young female was getting a little heated. After all, she remembered the environmental whiplash the Mirage Palace put her and through. How could she forget? She showed Alex two pictures: one of the magma-laden, Chandelure and Magcargo-filled room she had nearly burned her lungs out stepping into, and a second of the map she had taken, the surrounding structure clearly constructed out of pure Never Melt Ice. "These photos were both taken from inside Mirage Palace. I know it sounds hard to believe, but they were." Just like the inscription at the Halls of Origin stated, the strange building in a remote corner of the Fiery Path seemed to defy the laws of reality.

It seemed like Alex had a clue on one of them, at least. Shalin pulled up a regional map of Hoenn on her phone after taking another big drink of milk. Only one place fit Alex's description. "Mount Chimney," she concluded. "I don't have the Pokémon to explore such a hot place. Gonna have to go hunting." There was no shortage of water Pokémon in Hoenn. What there were a shortage of were Pokémon that were amphibious, water-type, and large enough to fit with a saddle. And that was just one step of her preparation. She had her work cut out for her.

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 17:20:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Looking at the two pictures presented, he frowned.

“This is possible,” he remarked, tapping at the picture that was literally nothing but magma with his pen (and internally recoiling, there was no way in hell he was going to set foot in a place like that), before continuing.

“However this—how certain are you they’re both from the same place?”

Unless there was like, some kind of a hidden wormhole or something within the single hottest place that existed in Hoenn, then…

“There’s only one place cold enough to look like this… and that’s Shoal Cave. However, the so-called… Titan of Ice, unironically called ‘Regice’ by the records, doesn’t seem to exist there.”

Which begged the question: what was this other Pokémon the other location was depicting?

“Water-types are good to have while going through Mount Chimney, sure,” he hummed quietly as he realized what she was thinking of doing.

“However, I would also advise bringing along a Fire-type that knows Flash Fire. Specially when the wild Pokémon start attacking with nothing but flames, Flash Fire is a useful ability to have around.”

close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,401 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 17:50:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Alex's reaction to the two photos being from the same place was understandable. Never Melt Ice only occurred naturally in Shoal Cave in Hoenn, after all. Why would the stuff be in such a hot place? "Absolutely certain. When I heard what my Wyrdeer had to say after she scouted, I was in just as much disbelief as you are now." It wasn't exactly a wormhole, but there was definitely something paranormal causing it. While she never got to the bottom of why the two halves of the Palace were connected to each other yet separated by thousands of feet, it was there. And it was very dangerous. The Rangers' warning for people to keep out was well founded.

"Like I said, I've been through Shoal Cave, too," the explorer added, stopping what she had to say when their meals arrived. "Thank you so much!" There was so much good food in front of her. It was a good thing she decided to make a brunch out of this, because this was going to fill her up! She began to dig into her scrambled eggs, letting her pancakes and waffle soak in syrup to make it more delicious. "It wasn't that Pokémon I heard down there. The cry I heard sounded more...avian."

Water-types were indeed a good idea, but a Pokémon with Flash Fire was an even better idea. "I would have one if it weren't for the barrier," she added. "Caprice, a giant Ninetales of mine from Johto, would fill that well, but she's stuck on the other side of the barrier. Until after the Meteno crisis is over, she won't be able to help me."

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
herstory [m][c]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2022 9:44:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The moment their food arrived, he held up the hand with the pen before making a grab for one piece of bacon and literally inhaling it in less than 0.5 seconds.

“Sorry,” he muttered around the crunchy, fried piece he was chowing down on. “Just really hungry,” he added with a cackle.

“What, customs?” he continued as he reached for one of the rolls on his plate and the butter knife, but instead of spreading butter on said knife he went straight for the marmalade and made himself another sandwich before sighing.

“That stupid barrier. It’s fucked up a lot of things, you know. Migrating Pokémon are stuck on both sides—some can’t come in, and others can’t leave. This is going to regally mess up their routine…”

He then moodily stabbed at the eggs after the first ‘roll’ had disappeared, before slathering it in ketchup and cutting himself a piece.

“What I want to know now is how in the fucking hell can a dungeon be in two different places yet exist within the same plane—you didn’t notice any wormholes or anything there, did you?”