POSTED ON Oct 23, 2022 2:00:36 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrheadinner"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topper"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-topleft"]
[attr="class","ltr-tags"]for
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]burning so sweetly [break] this fire is outta control
[attr="class","ltrhead-topright"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]ROUTE 117 connected the idyllic town of VERDANTURF to the famous hi-tech city of MAUVILLE. The main route was often quite busy, particularly during summer and spring. It was the easiest path to escape the nonstop hustle and bustle of the city life and find some inner peace in the abundant nature.[break][break]

Unfortunately, wildfires were quite prevalent around this time of year. And, despite the measures taken to avoid this sort of thing, another had sprung up to consume the trees and grasslands in the valley. As a RANGER and WILDLIFE BIOLOGIST in the field, was particularly invested in seeing the wildfire quelled as quickly as possible.[break][break]

Then, of course, rooting out the cause of it to begin with.
[break]
There's a sort of home-base set up by the rangers at the end of Route 117. It's a site on the side of the road containing multiple medical tents and stations to supply gear for volunteers. Audric descends upon this site atop his AERODACTYL, then swiftly slides off its back to approach the FIREFIGHTER station. There's a large portable tank where they fill up smaller tanks with water before handing them off to others.[break][break]

"Hey," He says to the attendant there, conscious of sounding calm and collected despite the air of panic in the air. "How can I help? I've got an Aerodactyl... we can drop water from above, if need be."[break][break]

"You need a partner for that," The man responds. "You're not allowed to go alone."[break][break]

[attr="class","ltr-lines"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-1"]
[attr="class","ltr-line-2"]
[attr="class","gimcredits"]made by gimmick
[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #98022F; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 6:36:50 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The measures taken to prevent wildfires this time of year are quite extensive.[break][break]

And so, when one had broken out regardless, it was swiftly determined to be the work of Rocket vandals.[break][break]

It's an effective strategy, all things considered. Spreading League resources thin right when they're needed most, keeping Rangers occupied left and right with smaller issues. It's a distraction, a facade to hide bigger plans, but one that no one can afford to ignore.[break][break]

Although Luka happens to be in Verdanturf entirely by coincidence, she can't help but get involved the moment whisps of black smoke appear along the horizon. Despite having little fire training she grabs her red cadet armband out of her bag and pulls it up over her forearm; it clashes with her cute blouse and skirt, but that doesn't really matter.[break][break]

Her Altaria's cloudy white feathers begin to turn dingy gray with ash the closer they get to the wildfire. Luka steers her close to the volunteer and medical tents, eyes fixed on the forest before they alight on some of the assisting rangers. One standing by the water tanks catches her eye, and snippets of his conversation reach her the lower she flies.[break][break]

"I'll go with him!" Luka volunteers, waving her arms as she sits atop Meringue. "I have water types to help too!"[break][break]

The man below is offered a tense smile and a little wave. When the attendant nods his approval, her expression brightens just a bit.[break][break]

"Let's go!" she calls down. "The flames are dying down, but I think I saw a group of Zigzagoon trapped in the forest. We've got to help them!"[break][break]

[break][break]
[break]mission[break]valor: the fire one

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
break the rules in beautiful ways
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2022 7:23:06 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltr-lyrics"]burning so sweetly [break] this fire is outta control
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]A bubbly voice calls out, and Audric blinks in surprise as he turns to set his gaze on its maker. Bright-eyed and clad in cute clothing, the young woman seems quite of place in the midst of such a red alert. He looks to see whether anyone else had spoken instead, but it soon becomes clear that it had been nobody else but her.[break][break]

Nevertheless, the gruff firefighter at the attendant's table nods with approval. With the two-person rule out of the way, there was no other reason for him to deny the able-bodied volunteers they desperately needed. And, Audric supposed, if the two of them seemed good enough to participate for this man, then there really wasn't anything of concern for him to bring up either.[break][break]

Like, for example, how easily a skirt might catch on fire in an emergency like this.
[break]
Instead, the young biologist nods and quickly follows along. "R-Right! I don't have any Water-type Pokémon, though, so I'll have to requisition some water barrels! One moment!" He adds, running off to do just so.[break][break]

Within moments, Audric mounts his Aerodactyl before it seizes two large containers of water with its talons and takes to the sky. They group up with the girl and her Altaria high above afterwards, drawing close enough to hand her a firefighter's mask like the one he is already wearing. He'd been given a set just after they'd prepared the water for his Aerodactyl to carry.[break][break]

"What should I call you?" He asks, waiting for her to place her mask on before they set off with haste. "My name's Audric."
[break]

[googlefont="Nunito Sans:400,600,700,800"][newclass=.ltrhead] width: 340px; margin: 30px auto; --accent: #98022F; --skybase: #efefef; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead a.gimcredits] display: block; text-align: right; padding-top: 4px; font: 700 7px/10px sans-serif; letter-spacing: .8px; text-decoration: none; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner] background: var(--skybase); position: relative; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper] display: grid; grid-template-columns: 1fr 1fr; grid-template-rows: 1fr auto; padding: 25px 25px 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topleft] width: 240px; height: 49px; overflow: hidden; display: grid; grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 240px); align-items: center; color: var(--accent); font: 800 10px/13px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1.25px; padding-bottom: 1px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topper::after] content: ''; display: block; height: 1px; background: var(--accent); width: 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags a] color: inherit; text-decoration: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags, .ltr-lyrics] transition: transform .5s ease, opacity .3s ease; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-tags] transition-delay: .2s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-100px); -webkit-transform: translate(-100px); -moz-transform: translate(-100px); -o-transform: translate(-100px); opacity: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-tags] transform: translate(140px); -webkit-transform: translate(140px); -moz-transform: translate(140px); -o-transform: translate(140px); opacity: 0; transition-delay: 0; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrheadinner:hover .ltr-lyrics] transform: translate(-240px); -webkit-transform: translate(-240px); -moz-transform: translate(-240px); -o-transform: translate(-240px); opacity: 1; transition-delay: .25s; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-topright img] width: 50px; height: 50px; object-fit: cover; border-radius: 50%; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text] color: rgba(0, 0, 0, .8); font: 400 13px/17px 'Nunito Sans', sans-serif; letter-spacing: 0; z-index: 100; position: relative; padding: 20px 25px 30px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text b] color: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltrhead-text br+br] content: ''; display: block; margin-top: 12px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines] position: relative; z-index: 100; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-lines>div] background-size: 5.66px 5.66px; background-size: 9px 9px; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-0] height: 5px; background: var(--ltr-line5); display: none; [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-1] height: 1px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass][newclass=.ltr-line-2] margin-top: 5px; height: 20px; background: var(--accent); [/newclass]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 6:51:52 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

Pah. Who says girls can't kick butt in a skirt? Watch literally anime ever (just ignore the gratuitous panty shots).[break][break]

But hopefully, Luka won't have to worry about the flames much from the air. She waits as patiently as she can for her new ally to collect two barrels of water, keeping her eyes fixed on the billowing smoke ahead of them. As soon as he's airborne she directs Meringue to speed off in that direction, though not before accepting the offered mask.[break][break]

"My name is Luka," she answers just before slipping the mask on. "It's nice to meet you, Audric! I wish the circumstances were better!"[break][break]

Her voice is muffled, but she hopes she's loud enough to be heard over rushing wind and the sounds of shouting below. "I only caught a glimpse as I was flying in," she continues to yell, "But I thought I saw a bunch of them running...there!"[break][break]

She points to a small clearing in the woods, where several small brown shapes seem to be huddled. They're trapped on all sides by burning trees and foliage. Luka releases her Vaporeon; it's rather precarious, balancing both herself and the water type on Meringue's back. But they need to put out some of the flames in order to safely land. Jet streams of water from Bella Luna attempt to douse some of the fire, falling like rain into the burning forest.[break][break]

Below, Luka can hear the frightened yips of the trapped Zigzagoon, and her heart aches. "Maybe we can just swoop in and grab them!" She suggests with a shout. "Once they're safe we can worry about the fire!"[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 1:46:23 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Luka. He'd need to commit the name to memory, but it wouldn't be too difficult considering she was the only 'Luka' he had ever met so far. Though the same could be said for much other names considering two things: HOLON didn't have too much diversity in the name department, and HOENN appeared to be quite the opposite. Regardless, he nods and spurs his Aerodactyl, ABSOLOM, to fly forward in haste.[break][break]

"I'm just glad you were there to volunteer with me so quickly! Thanks!" Audric calls out over the whipping wind and flapping of his dinosaur's wings. When she signals to follow her lead, he nods once more. "Let's go!"[break][break]

Approaching the location, the ZIGZAGOON below are, admittedly, frightened by the sight of the ancient apex predator in the sky. There is little Audric can do to ease their worry, however, as he prompts his Aerodactyl to tip the barrels of water downward and smother the flames below. The cascade of water drifts down like a heavy cloud before clearing a portion of burnt forest.[break][break]

"I'm going in now! Make sure to keep those flames away from me!"
[break][break]

Audric calls out to Luka, steering himself straight towards the small group of Zigzagoon. Covered in ash and huddled tightly against one another, they debate fleeing. Though, with walls of flames enclosing them from every side, it's clear they don't really have that option at all.[break][break]

Eventually, the Aerodactly sets the now empty barrels down sideways before landing himself. Audric slides off its back before raising his open palms to the Zigzagoon and slowly approaching them. "H-Hey there, little guys... we're to help you, I promise." He stops and crouches down when he realizes many of them are shell-shocked and panicked. "It's going to be okay, I promise. Just follow me, okay?"[break][break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 8:35:31 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Got it! D-don't worry, I'll keep you safe!"[break][break]

It's a tall order, and Luka isn't the most qualified. But she's determined to try her best regardless. To have the power to protect others...it's what she's always wanted, isn't it? She can't let anyone down— not her partner, nor the innocent pokemon counting on their assistance.[break][break]

At Luka's behest, Bella Luna keeps up her barrage against the fire. Torrents of water spill from the sky as Luka urges Meringue to swoop down as close to the fire as she can. The closer they get, the hotter it becomes; heat shimmers in the air all around them and the smoke that billows up is thick, oppressive. Luka is fine behind her mask, but her Altaria seems uncomfortable as fluffy white feathers turn sickly grey with ash.[break][break]

She wants to turn away so her Pokemon can breathe better, but Audric is still down there and the flames still burn. If only there were greater bodies of water nearby...it's too difficult for Bella Luna to summon a surf when the air around them is dry and devoid of any moisture.[break][break]

A hydro pump is the best they can do. The surface area isn't as large, but the water pressure is immense. It splashes off of trees and brush like a geyser, and the crackling flames do seem to start to smolder and recede.[break][break]

"How are you doing down there?" Luka yells, able to see Audric a little better now as the wind carries plumes of smoke away from them. "Do you need any help?"

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 20:46:44 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]The gas mask probably wasn't helping. Audric was aware of how scary he probably looked to these little critters so, in a risky move, he takes that gas mask off and stuffs it in his backpocket. His eyes almost immediately begin to feel irritated as the oppressive smoke hits his face. "Look, see? I'm just a normal human. Nice human. Not scary. Not monster."[break][break]

Luka calls out to ask how things are going in that moment, and Audric turns over his shoulder slightly but doesn't take his eyes off the Zigzagoon. "No, it's fine! They're a little scared, but I think we're making some progress!" Having someone else drop down from the sky would likely only serve to frighten them more.[break][break]

Thankfully, the lead Zigzagoon dares to take a step forward toward Audric before too long. Just then, however, the flames engulfing a pine tree nearby suddenly cause it snap. It hasn't fallen yet, but it's clear that it will. Noting this, Audric runs ahead to swiftly scoop the Zigzagoon up into his arms before attempting to run back and place them inside the empty barrel.[break][break]

Then the flaming tree snaps again, and begins to fall directly towards them.
[break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 23:00:40 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Okay!"[break][break]

Assured by Audric's word and the way the Zigzagoon begin crawling towards him, Luka turns her attention back to the fire. Putting it out is slow going, especially in the dry season like this, but it seems as though the combined efforts of every volunteer are helping to keep it in check.[break][break]

Bella Luna seems exhausted though, and Meringue would be struggling much more without her cloud nine ability. A shame that it can't be used to put out forest fires, but nothing in life is ever that easy.[break][break]

After some consideration, Luka withdraws her Vaporeon and releases a Musharna instead. It seems a strange choice until she requests Ume use hydro cannon on the smoldering flames. The powerful burst of water seems to do the trick, putting out several larger areas of flame. Luka grins behind her mask, prepared to welcome Audric and the Zigzagoon back into the air, until she hears a loud SNAP below.[break][break]

"Look out!"[break][break]

The tree is falling so fast that she knows she won't reach it in time. Without sparing another moment to think, Luka hurls a Pokeball towards the ground. It bursts open and her father's Blaziken leaps out, plummeting to earth with a force so great, the ground trembles slightly when he lands.[break][break]

Though he hasn't been in the field in years, Helios' reflexes have never dulled. He seems to grasp the situation almost instantly. Undeterred by the flames, the avian races to the falling pine and catches the trunk before it crashes down. He grunts as he holds it aloft, allowing Audric and the Zigzagoon a narrow window to escape by.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 2:25:09 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]If Audric had known the BLAZIKEN hadn't see action in years, he would have been considerably more frightened. As things were, however, he only instinctively braced himself for the worst before it swooped in and caught the flaming pine. The moment he realized such a heroic feat had been accomplished, the wildlife biologist kicked back into gear and ran off with the Zigzagoon in his arms. "Thanks Luka!" He calls out.[break][break]

After placing the rescued pokemon into the empty water container, Audric mounts his Aerodactyl once more before taking to the sky. Unable to provide any more water dousing on their part, they make a beeline for the firefighting station. Thankfully, their efforts were to be continued by a larger squadron of firefighters who flew past them on PELIPPER.[break][break]

"You really saved my hide back there," The Holonite says over the sound of the whipping wind as he regards Luka with a nod. "We make a pretty good team, I think."[break][break]

Meanwhile, one of the Zigzagoon in the barrel climb up to anchor their claws on the edge of the barrel being carried. They poke their head out to view the sights from above, tongue lolling out of their mouth as the wind cleanses their fur of ash.[break][break]

close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 5:55:20 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Oh, thank goodness![break][break]
Luka's heart lurches with relief as soon as she sees that Audric and all the Zigzagoon have made it out of the forest in one piece. She quickly recalls Helios, and as soon as he's transferred back to his luxury ball the burning tree falls with a loud thud and a shower of sparks.[break][break]

"Oh gosh...well, it's the least I can do!" Luka calls back. "And I think so too! You did amazing down there!"[break][break]

Her Altaria certainly appreciates being out of the fire, though her feathers are still stained with soot. Luka offers the bird a few reassuring pats on the neck, while also trying not to giggle at the sight of Audric's Zigzagoon. It's undeniably cute...but this is a time to be serious, darn it![break][break]

"Come on! Most of the fire is taken care of, but I'm sure there's more stragglers! Let's head back in and then look for some more!"[break][break]

The Pelliper crew manage to quell most of the fire, though there are more Pokemon trapped by flame and smoke in the forest. By the end of the day Luka is sooty and exhausted and her adorable skirt is ruined. But together, she and Audric had rescued a few terrified, chittering Aipom, an injured Minccino, and some Budew that were nearly charred to ash. It's hard work, but when she looks at the faces of the pokemon they'd helped, it's all made worth it.[break][break]

"There's going to be a lot of clean up," Luka announces unnecessarily, surveying the damage with her hands on her hips. "I'm going to stay and help out...and then nap for a week," she adds with a laugh. "Wanna give me a hand? It's like you said...we make a pretty good team!"

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

close tab

played by

Oslo

Aud-ball
He/Him
July 15th
Holon
Pansexual
Wildlife Biologist
Cadet
red leaves
and alibis 🍁
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
110 posts
Audric Black DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @audric
Audric Black
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 6:31:52 GMT
Audric Black Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ltrhead"]
[attr="class","ltrhead-text"]Luka is a very modest person, that much is very clear. Overall, she seems extremely kind-hearted and brave. Most people wouldn't dare risk their lives amongst walls of flame for Pokémon. Though, admittedly, he supposed he fell in the category that did, too. And that also made him quite modest himself.[break][break]

Nevertheless, they continue their efforts well into the day until the firefighters call the job done. Audric, too, is covered in soot. He removes his gas mask and throws it into the bin where they go before washing his face with water and a paper towel. Afterwards, he regroups with Luka as his exhausted Aerodactyl waits on standby to leave.[break][break]

"It was nice working with you today, Luka." He smiles. "If we're lucky, we'll get paired up again. You're a part of the VALOR INITIATIVE, right?"[break][break]

FIN[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,253 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
WEST COAST WILDFIRE
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 22:47:11 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(RANGER)