Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
if the path to strength is filled with dismay, i will evolve.
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2022 0:11:45 GMT
Genevieve Cromwell Avatar
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
The best way to relax after a hard day's work is a nice cup of joe! That's what her dad always said. Luckily, Genny was doing just that, still wearing her Ranger attire with the red scrunchy in her hair. She takes the window seat, the cup of coffee warm to her lightly glossed lips within a small little coffee shop slash bakery as she takes her first sip.

The sounds of snacky happiness are that giddy excitement. This was what could get her through one, if not twenty more days of this! And the best part is, they were going to throw out some pastries too! So Serenity, Bubbles, and even Mr. Business had a lovely treat to eat!

Things were looking up! They always did for Genny! Or maybe that was just how she was always looking upwards? It doesn't matter! The point was, she was looking up!

Another sip of the coffee. Super sugary, every bit that milk, and the hazelnut creamer! It tasted like magic in a small round mug, and she loved every second of it, as the small four foot ten girl looks towards her Pokemon, petting the small little Azurill and Eevee, as Mr. Business looked out the window, a big four feet of protection himself.

Today couldn't get any better, could it?

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".genny"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny b"]color:#FF4500; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny i"]color:#DAA520; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".genny a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 16:03:46 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

He’s in dire need of a caffeine boost. Early mornings have never been his favorite time of day. Not that it’s really morning anymore, but he’s definitely still feeling the lingering effect of having had to get up earlier than usual to be at the gallery for a new exhibit installation. Maybe he had some coffee then, but it’s not enough! The question is – is it ever enough? Probably not.[break][break]

What he’d actually like to do instead is drag himself home to the lower district and throw himself in bed. Maybe drag with him if he’s home and force his boyfriend to cuddle up with him until he’s wholly and truly unconscious for the foreseeable future. Not that that would really be much of an inhibition if Rook was busy – Lam would fall asleep within minutes. Really, he could fall asleep just about anywhere without an issue.[break][break]

But alas, he can’t go home to his comfy bed and cozy clothes and sleep yet. There’s still work to be done, and he’s not fully off the hook at the gallery yet. He’s only been given a break before he has to go back to finish helping to set things up. Not to mention the other planning that he has to assist with for the actual show opening. It’s such a joy being an intern, isn’t it? He’s been delegated to probably way too many tasks.[break][break]

Lam is determined to not think about any of that right then, though. Not when he’s got the down time to step into a nearby coffee shop for a pep up. And also a sandwich. This is one of his favored places (apart from the cheaper one nearer to his apartment.) It’s not until he has his things in hand, and he’s turning to find a seat with Noodle, his shiny shinx, stuck to his ankles that he notices that unmistakably familiar red hair.[break][break]

No way. “Genny?” he asks, green eyes narrowing in surprise. Since when was she in Hoenn?? Is everybody out here in Hoenn these days?

[break][break]

| cuties! | 'fit

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"]

[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 2:56:48 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Every star and garter was on fire the moment the voice came back into her life, and brown eyes zipped towards the source. Though it seemed to take less than a minute, glossy lips made an 'OOOOH' before turning into a wholesome smile.

"Lammy! Oh my Arceus!" She's practically bouncing in her seat now, Bubbles and Serenity popping out next to her to get a good look, Mr. Business doing his typical business by waving and sizing Lam up, the Darmantian the biggest Pokemon in the establishment.

She couldn't be any happier than she got to see an old friend here from Alola!

Her voice couldn't help but mimic the warm fuzzies in her heart to boot; and that wasn't just the coffee talking! "Look at you! You've gotten so much taller! And handsome to boot!" This coming from the perpetual four foot eleven adult, but it still showed no slowing to her roll. "What are you doing on Hoenn?"

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 1:36:13 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

Yeah, this was definitely the Genny from his memory. It was evident in her reaction and expression before she even began to speak. Lam couldn’t help but mirror the wide smile that had slipped across her face. Lammy. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d been called that. Probably the last time he’d seen her, actually.[break][break]

He couldn’t recall when that was. They’d both been sorta young, though they were still generally young now. He didn’t really consider twenty-three the pinnacle of seniority. “Hey! I thought it was you.” He pointed at his own head to indicate her hair. He’d recognize the shade of it anywhere.[break][break]

Lam observed the darmantian eyeballing him, then laughed. “Mr. Business is the same as always, I see.”[break][break]

Color dusted across his face, and he rubbed at the back of his neck– always bad at responding to praise, even from an old, old friend like Genevieve. “Thanks! I mean, you’ve grown too, obviously,” he eventually responded with another laugh. It had always been easy to fall into laughter around her–it was the simple combination of her energy and his easygoingness.[break][break]

“What am I doing here? What are you doing here?” He noticed the uniform she was decked out in, head tilting. “I just wanted to explore somewhere new, but you look, like, all…official.”

[break][break]

| cuties! | 'fit

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]padding:1px; text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 8:50:03 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Oh, always bad with praise! Same old Lammy, and Genny was just tickled pink, her own blush painting her cheeks. Oh, just like old times! Mr. Business was happy to see him too, as the moment he stopped analyzing, he gave a thumbs up. Comically enough, he nods in quick succession not once, not twice, but three times.

The laughter between them was nice, to say the least, and with him commenting on her own growth, she nods, though she does puff out her cheeks. "Yeah. Growing pains. Back pain. But you know, I look great in this! Thank you for noticing!" The Ranger outfit really did suit her, as Genny even got up to show it off. She's not arrogant, she's just bubbly and wanting to show off her uniform! "I'm a Slateport Ranger! Cadet Cromwell, reporting for duty!" She makes a salute, as if addressing Captain Fawley himself. Then the memory resurfaces, as first time she met him, she called him Captain Fawnley. To say that nearly crushed her was an understatement.

She bursts into a bit of laughter, before turning back to Lammy. "I'm so glad someone else is here in Hoenn. You have NO idea. It's been a little hard, but you know? I make due with what I got! A working lady!" She flexes with one arm, placing her other hand on the bicep, though her strength level would have the muscle going downwards, as Genny was as scrawny as a Sawk who did not eat protein. That is to say, very skinny.

"But exploring somewhere new though sounds really neat! I'd love to come with on my days off! Are you free this weekend?" She's bouncing on her heels, pupils turning into stars. She's so HAPPY!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2022 17:48:53 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]Genny’s energy is just like he remembered. Bright and zippy and contagious. Despite his mellower personality, Lam can’t help but match that enthusiasm to some extent. Though he’s not quite bouncing in place the same way she is. A thumbs up is definitely returned to Mr. Business, though, along with a bright peel of laughter.[break][break]

“You’re welcome,” he answers with another laugh, nose wrinkling in his amusement, “It makes you look so official, I almost didn’t recognize you.” That was sarcasm, of course. She’d be hard to miss no matter what she was wearing. “That’s way more accomplished than me, and I’ve been here months! That was okay, though. He’d not been looking to take on ranger duties when he’d moved over from Hau’oli.[break][break]

He shook his head, “Oh, no. I definitely get it. It’s a lot, starting out all new and fresh.” A little overwhelming at times, even. But he’s glad to see that she seems to be handling it all pretty well.[break][break]

“Yeah! I try to go here and there when I’m not working. Sometimes my, um, boyfriend comes along, but he’s not always available, obviously.” Within moments, he nods along enthusiastically. “I’m free, yeah. It’d be cool to go somewhere together! And I’m sure it’d help with, like, ranger-y stuff?”[break][break]

He sips at his coffee, smile stuck on his face. “This is really nice. I’ve been sort of homesick, so this is some good kismet at play here.” Like a piece of home falling right in front of his nose. He’d even started to miss the more annoying antics of his younger brother by that point. Which was to say he missed home a lot, no matter how much he’d come to enjoy the life he was building there in Slateport.
[break][break]

| cuties! | 'fit

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2022 7:09:17 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Puffy cheeks, Genny's eyes squint a moment. When was she not official?! Oh, this boy was gonna get it! But she immediately deflates, as he recognises how she accomplished a lot! Yeah, yeah she did! Well... no, actually. Her life is in ruins, but the small things add up. Sure, she lived in the world's most decrepid apartment next to a drug dealer, but she got like only three-hundred on rent with free utilities!

It's the little things.

When Lam starts on about his boyfriend, Genny's gentle hands are over his mouth. She's positively bouncing like a bubble in the air, only grounded by those lovely legs as he mentions him. "OH MY ARCEUS! You have a boyfriend! I'm so happy for you!" She's positively sunshine in a bottle, she only lets her envy out for a moment. It evaporates soon after though!

"Well, good news for you, Lammy! I'm here to stay, so wish that homesickness away! We're going to go do stuff this weekend when I'm off work!" She's bouncing like a schoolgirl who just got asked to prom, and as she looks to Lam, the question is...

Where?

"There's a beach here, but it's so close to winter, the water is probably freezing. Why not head over to Lavaridge then? They have wonderful hot springs, don't they?" Mr. Buisness hands Genny a pamphlet, as she looks over it. All the Hoenn locations, as she licks a finger to peel through it. "You can bring your boyfriend too, I won't mind!" What was the worse that could happen!

A day trip with an old friend sounds amazing, but a spa day could also be just as good!

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 3:01:24 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]He doesn’t intend to strike a nerve in calling her unofficial or something– that’s definitely not what he means. As she squints at him skeptically, Lam’s ready to offer that explanation. And the fact that he’s drawing comparison from when they were younger, so obviously she’s way more official and stuff now. They’re not kids anymore, obviously. But then Genny perks up, and Lam puffs a sigh of relief that he’s not on the receiving end of a scolding.[break][break]

Lam has no idea of the state of her affairs, but if he did– he could definitely commiserate. His own place is on the lower side of town, equally as crummy and low-quality, but it was the only affordable thing he could find when he landed in Slateport and…well, yeah. It’s still probably the only thing he can afford. But at least helps with the rent now.[break][break]

And at the mention of Rook, minimal as it is, there’s no missing his old friend’s reaction. Despite his comfortability in his relationship, and the fact that he’s known her for years and years on end, Lam still goes red in the face as she expresses her enthusiasm. “Yeh, about time, right?” His nose wrinkles as he laughs. Always sort of chronically single when he was younger. “Thanks Gen,” he pauses, snapping his fingers before shooting her a finger gun, “that just means you’re next!”[break][break]

Lammy. He wasn’t aware he could miss that old nickname, but it stirs up old nostalgia, tinged with a sort of rosy softness. And true to her declaration, he can feel some of that homesickness ebb. Simply because that’s who Genny is. She’s like a part of home, tucked in a bottle and carried all the way across the ocean to the Slateport beach. [break][break]

“Do you have a lot of weekend duties? Usually where I work is closed, so I’ll be good to go whenever!” His head tilts in thought, and Lam chews at his lip in consideration. But at her suggestion, he’s quick to perk, green eyes brightening. “Ooh, yes. I haven’t been to Lavaridge yet, but I’ve heard good things, and you know I have no problem with relaxing.” Laziness is sort of trademarked to him, after all, isn’t it? Setting him down in the middle of somewhere warm and soothing sounds like a recipe for the most sluggish version of him possible.[break][break]

“I’ll ask him, and see if he’s interested! If you want to meet him, that is!” Yeah, she offered, but he doesn’t want to impose, either. Or for her to feel like it’s an obligation. The last thing he wants is for her to feel like a third wheel on a trip they planned for the sake of catching up.

[break][break]

| cuties! | 'fit

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2022 1:46:05 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Happiness swells in her, as he explains not only that it was about time. The thank you is sweet, but the finger gun leads to her own face flushing in that scarlet. "Hahaha, iunno! You think any guys are into ditzy redheads from Galar?" She was giving herself so little credit, but she points back towards him with the same finger gun.

She knows she's got her worth. Genny knows her worth, so it's not self-doubt. Instead, it's more a teasing gesture, a little fun. With a giggle, she gives every bit that same sunshine smile she always did. If they do, she knew she'd rock their world anyways.

The question came of weekend duties, and as she places a finger to her chin, she gives a nod. "Not this weekend! I'm all yours, Lammy!" with her exclaimation, she has one of his hands in her own. She was excited to meet him, if he could come!

Seeing those green eyes of his brighten up is just like old times. With their plans now cemented, she nods with a giggle. "Hehe, do I! Of course! I have to make sure he's treating you well!"

She worried for her friend, so now she had to go see this guy herself. She'd never make a scene of it, but there was part of her that wanted to bring someone too. So, she says all of a sudden. "I'll try to bring someone too, so we can have a small group getaway to the hot springs!"

Now the only question was whomst? Guess she had to go to a mixer now or something.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2022 5:50:55 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]The bright flush that reaches her face makes Lam grin teasingly. He can’t help but goad her a little further, though it’s only playful. “Oh, pft! Are you kidding me?” Lam waves a hand as he puffs out an amused breath. “There’s gotta be. Cute as you are, anybody would be missing out.”[break][break]

That bit is genuine— it would be a loss on anyone’s part if they failed to see what a gem she is.[break][break]

Of course, he’s sure it’s all in due time. As far as he’s aware, Benny’s never been shy a day in her life. Unlike himself, who was easygoing and generally friendly enough, but typically had to be coaxed out of his shell to grow fully comfortable with others. Gen had always helped with that, when they were kids.[break][break]

He gives her a big thumbs up in lieu of a verbal response as he sips from his coffee cup. Once she swallows, he’s quick to pipe up again. “Awesome! You might even get me up and at ‘em early in the day with that enthusiasm.” No late day sleeping for him, as was typical of his Saturdays and Sundays…and any day of the week that he can get away with it.[break][break]

When she clasps his hand earnestly, Lam grins and turns his hand to hold hers back. “I’ll ask, then! He’s been working a lot lately, but hopefully he can manage.” His smile turns a bit sheepish then, cheeks reddening. “He does, though. It’s been nice. Really nice.”[break][break]

His worry quells somewhat, in light of her suggestion, and he perks a bit again. “Oh! That would be fun! Do you know of anyone who might want to come? Any cute squad-mates?” He adds the last bit with a slight snicker.
[break][break]

| cuties! | 'fit

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2022 23:44:53 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Her cheeks are so hot. Oh Lammy. He's a sweet guy, but wow him knowing her when she was young now lets insecurities run wild. She covers her face... but its his words that really show the kind of boy next door Lam was.

Genny did have a small crush on him when she was younger. It's lines like that last one that really brought it back out. But, Genny was courteous, as she waves it of, throwing a hand in front of her, waving it to and fro. Instead, she decides to dismiss it. "You flatter me, Lammy." Hazel eyes open, a big smile on her lips. "No wonder you found yourself someone special!"

It's the thumbs up that has her now bouncing in her seat, as she's so giddy to have this opportunity!

"Bright and early! Think about it, an afternoon with hot springs! If I get enough pay, we can make it a spa day!" She's now absolutely ecstatic, thinking towards the best weekend she's had in awhile. Not that giving baked goods to her druggie neighbor wasn't good, but like. This was Lammy!

To that, when his cheeks redden, the turn tables as she chases the moment. "I have to be sure! No way I'm leaving it up to chance!" But the turn tables again when Lam asks about cute squad-mates, shattering Genny's composure a moment, as she thinks over them. "Most of the guys are taken, or not interested, I think! But that's okay! Just means I gotta give it my all and woo a date! Or a least a friend over!"

No way would she be stuck as a third wheel. This was a chance she wasn't going to let down now.

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 18:17:52 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"] When they were little, any crush she’d had on him, he’d been woefully oblivious to. Lam was bad at things like that– dense and immune to most things labeled ‘affectionate’ unless there was no conceivable way to not notice.[break][break]

But that didn’t mean he wasn’t quick to compliment her, even so. In his mind, it’s no more than friendly affection, and honest statements at that. Why shouldn’t he boost his friend? “Oh, I think I was more embarrassing than flattering with him, so I’m lucky he stuck with me,” he shook his head with a sheepish laugh, still smiling.[break][break]

Lam slumps back in his seat dramatically. “How early is bright and early? Before 9?” His tone takes on a playfully whiny edge. But he really is bad at waking up much earlier than that. He supposes the exception being made for hanging out with Genny, though, is worth it. There’s a ton of time to make up. “Oh, I wouldn’t want you to pay all by yourself, obviously.” Not that he’s exactly…flush with cash. Actually, that’s sort of a hiccup for him. But that doesn’t matter, he can save up.[break][break]

“That sounds great, though. The whole cucumbers on our eyes thing.” Really that’s about all he knows about spa days, but he’s not going to protest the opportunity for extended relaxation. That’s, like, his whole state of being.[break][break]

As she continues to tease him, his hands lift to press against his reddened cheeks comedically. “You’re gonna put him in the hot seat, huh?” Well…he sort of wonders how she might react to finding out that they initially met because he’d caught trying to rob the art gallery he worked at. That didn’t mean Rook wasn’t good to him, though. He was just…unconventional in his wooing tactics.[break][break]

Just as quickly, though, he’s able to flip the embarrassment back on her. It’s all in good fun, though. He huffs out a sigh, “Aw, that’s kinda lame. Just think – it could be like a whole hallmark Christmas movie… bonding over saving cute pokemon, just in time for the holidays..” He sticks out his tongue at her, then grins. “Well, there’s no real pressure. Like I said, I don’t want you to feel awkward or anything.” Whether that was as a third wheel, or because she felt obligated to bring someone else.

[break][break]

| cuties! | 'fit

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 8:17:17 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
Excitement shifts towards a smile, as she only says the truth. "Oh, we've need to arrive by 10AM, at least. Besides, I'd have to get ready for whoever I bring!" It's not that she doesn't know about Lammy's habits, it's more that Genny knows she'll be up at 6AM regardless to get ready for the event. Knowing Lammy would help him pay the costs, she's bouncing even more now in her seat.

The cucumbers on the eyes only has her sigh in delight, hands towards her face. "A facial to make the skin silky smooth, a massage from the best Machamps we can get, and the hot springs, of course!" It's like a trip straight to the best place on the planet.

She would't even tell him yes to the hotseat, she just gives a sly, almost childish smirk like when they were younger.

"What ever do you mean, Lammy?" She bats her eyelashes. They both knew that meant yes. Hundre dpercent.

With a flex of her left arm, and a hand over it, she shifts gears. "Oh, I'll find a date, don't worry! You inspired me, Lammy, so I'm gonna be on the hunt again!" She's got the fire in her eyes, as she gets up, fist-clinching confidence. Oh yeah, she was going to bring a guy alright.

And then she pops and giggles, unable to hold it in.

"Guess I better get to looking!"

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 13:38:40 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]
“Your commitment to effort is impressive,” he retorts with a laugh, a hand lifting to push through the messy tangle of his hair. Then he puffs out a breath angled upward so that it blows those green locks up off his forehead. “I’m lucky Rook doesn’t mind the bedhead.” Lam makes the I just rolled out of bed style kinda work though. Maybe, hopefully. “How far even is Lavaridge?” he asks as he rubs his chin. “Though I guess it doesn’t matter, I’ve got some flying-types fast enough to make it a quick trip.”[break][break]

Saves on transportation costs too![break][break]

Lam finds himself slumping in his seat as she goes on, though more out of relaxation rather than disappointment. “Ahhh, that all sounds so nice. It might put me back to sleep.”[break][break]

As she slips into a sneaky expression, his own brows lift skeptically, and Lam laughs then shakes his head. “Uh uh, no way I’m falling for that. You look mad mischievous right now.”[break][break]

Leaning forward, his elbow props on the table so that he can drop his chin into his hand as he watches her brighten up the space with her energy. “Can’t say I don’t love being an inspiration,” he teases with a grin, nose wrinkling when she hops up and flexes. “With that enthusiasm, I’m sure it’ll take no time.[break][break]

He laughs with her– again, because it’s always been an easy thing to do around her.[break][break]

“You got this, Genny. For sure, for sure!”

[break][break]

| cuties! | 'fit

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Genny
She/Her
July 19th
Hau'oli City, Alola
Bisexual
Full Time Ranger
Elite Ranger
awards
634 posts
part of
TAG WITH @genevieve
Genevieve Cromwell
The Boy Next Door [S][C]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 9:15:30 GMT
[attr="class","genny"]

tag
notes
With a shrug, she just beams at Lammy. Same ol' Lammy. He does make the rolled out of bed look work, but Genevieve would often force herself to wake up at 5AM to spend three hours looking good before her day started. Early to bed, early to rise!

Besides, if Prince or Princess Charming falls into her lap, she won't be caught dead looking bad for them!

"You should still look good once in awhile! I'll do your hair once for Rook... Rook?" It's as if that tidbit of information just gave her an edge... when in all reality, all it did was give her more information about Lammy's life since they parted ways.

Lammy always seemed reactive to energy, in her honest opinion. There was nothing wrong with that, but as he teases her, she makes a giggle of her own, a hand to her face. "Tell you what. I'll give you my contact details, so when I do find a date, you'll be the first to know!" She's already got her phone out, as she opens up a new contact for him to enter.

"It'll be nice to talk to you more again, Lammy." She was ecstatic. She adored him, and now they'd get to talk again! The best ending to a great day!