played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 0:35:31 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
With less than a month's span of time separating themselves from the incoming meteor, the organization was running out of the most valuable resource imaginable: time.

But that didn't necessarily mean they were forced to spend their entire days running, restless, and without a spare moment to rest. No, fuck that.

As such, during their destinated lunch hour, Felix came knocking on 's door as planned. In one hand he held his bento lunch, with the other, the latest report on a documented blossom of crystablooms.

"Got something for you."

He slipped the manilla folder across her desk as he settled down at the chair positioned in front of hers.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 0:53:29 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
Her own lunch was simpler in nature: cucumber sandwiches, romaine salad, and white tea cooling on the side of her desk.

Typically, she ate alone, and worked through her lunch. Her flower shop had been closed far more often these days, or manned personally by . METENO demanded firing from all cylinders, literally and metaphorically.

She would know, having witnessed such attempts of firing infinity energy from the Absorber, herself.

"What's this?" Elisabeth asked, glancing up at the manilla folder and then at the man who had hand-delivered it.

A faint tension existed between her and since the last time he'd entered this room, but she did her best to defuse it with a faint smile as she rifled through the papers, scanning the reports of more crystabloom samples procured for the lab.

"Ah, will be pleased. We'll be needing more Sync Stones for his pet project," she commented off-handedly, comfortable discussing such a topic in the presence of a fellow admin. Her eyes turned to the bento box in his hands, an eyebrow lifted. "Were you planning to stay for lunch?"

It was less of an invitation than a hesitant inquiry.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Admin Office ✿
[break]
[break]
[newclass=".elisafont b"]color: #7bb661;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 1:03:54 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Good."

Nodding placidly, the admin thoughtlessly plucked the top of his prepared bento box, making his side of the desk already noticeably consumed by his lunch and utensils.

"Should I not?"

The question returned to Elisabeth with such genuine curiosity that it was clear, despite their previous conversation, all tension had already fled from his thoughts. At least for right now. With things how they were, when Felix wasn't reviewing the 20th document stating Rocket's backup measures should another three-day war against the ultra beasts occur, he was basically running at 20%. Only able to put effort into eating, breathing, and standing up straight.

"If you want me gone, I can go back."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 1:10:59 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"You can stay." An inherent awkwardness settled in the admission. "I don't mind."

Seeing him eat reminded her to do the same, and she placed the papers down, instead taking a bite-sized sandwich in hand. Eating with another person wasn't exactly an unusual thing, but doing so here, in her office, was. It felt a bit like being spied upon while working.

Maybe conversation would improve the mood.

She glanced at Felix out of the corner of her eyes, swallowed, then asked, "Do you ever wonder if the crystablooms might be radioactive from the distortions?"

It was a terrible attempt at small talk, but it had been the most recent report she'd been mulling over.

"Passho berries are actually chockfull of wormhole radiation," she said, by way of explanation. "It's what makes them so potent."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Admin Office ✿
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 1:32:08 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Okay."

Back to eating then.

Today's bento box, a specialty crafted by the culinary chef himself, was a simple one: just a box of rice, fruits, and vegetables. Honestly, Felix hated most things that weren't chicken nuggets, steak, or mashed potatoes, but after seeing his little brother pour so much time into his cooking skills, he thought, he couldn't say no to it.

"Hm?"

The crystabloom report? Honestly, he hadn't taken the time to go through it.

"Not really."

Was that what she wanted to talk about? Crystablooms and their possible radioactiveness?

"I...don't know too much about them, honestly. I usually leave that to the scientists."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2022 1:55:06 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"Oh," was Elisabeth's brief, brusque reply. "Well, it was just a thought."

It wasn't exactly what she wanted to talk about, per se. Although she had much more enthusiasm for the subject than did, apparently.

Usually she felt pretty adept at conversation. Unpredictability threw a wrench into comfortable social routine, however.

A slow sip of tea filled the silence, and Elisabeth's mind raced with possible ways to lessen the discomfort she sensed present between them. It may, in reality, have only been one-sided on her part; Felix himself looked content to eat in silence, all things considered.

"Speaking of scientists. Did you know has a Poipole?"

Arceus, she was really at the bottom of the barrel for conversation topics.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Admin Office ✿
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 5:35:14 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The bento box was good.

So good, in fact, it had Felix wondering if it beat out his typical lunch of plain chicken and rice.

"Hm."

The silence that sat between the two admins was one of comfort. There were no harsh feelings plaguing his mind, nor worries that sent his heart feeling frantic. Just a calm, solemn sense of tranquility that allowed him to slowly pick apart his food in pieces. That is, of course, Elisabeth's voice sliced through the silence for the second time, beckoning for his attention.

"I didn't."

Why would he?

"Do you want to talk about it, though?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 6:39:30 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
"They're interesting, aren't they?" Elisabeth said, picking at her salad. "Of all the Ultra Beasts in our files, they and Nihilego intrigue me the most." Her appetite had withered as the meteor approached, replaced by a frenetic energy to do something, anything, that felt remotely productive.

This time, her companion's disinterest did nothing to deter her from her own pet topics.

"In the Cloud, had one, too. An Ultra Beast, I mean. Hers was a Nihilego." She could still see the magnificent display that had been the noxious plumes summoned by the Elite Four in all her fury, and the memory instilled her with a pang of awe and jealousy at once. "My Aromatisse's AROMATHERAPY did nothing to ease the poisons that Ultra Beast inflicted. I'd love to be able to study its toxins properly, or to perhaps derive some bioweapon from it."

Maybe would be open to such a line of inquiry? Then again, maybe not.

METENO demanded the attention of Rocket's head scientists at present. Rocketships came before concocting new poisons.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Admin Office ✿
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:41:24 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"Uh huh."

Picking part of his lunch, the admin silently chewed on his lunch as the other rambled on about things he frankly held no understanding of. It wasn't like he'd prefer to be this way -- he imagined, if he could contribute to the conversation, their lunch break might become more enjoyable to share? Might conversation even bloom like crystabloom?

Finally, something came to mind.

A bridge that would've allowed him some footing to jump off from.

"Hm. If just one can do that, I wonder what a swarm is capable of."

Placing his fork down, the man leaned back into his chair. The leather cried beneath the shifting weight. Elbow propped up against the chair's right armrest, he placed his hand on top of his hand and heaved a heavy sigh.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:55:57 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
She gave the matter some thought, her brow crinkling as the mental image of countless Poipole came to mind, plumes of purple fumes suffusing their surroundings like a suffocating blanket. "That would be something, wouldn't it?"

Something terrifying.

"Think of how much damage a single Nihilego is able to conduct." She thought to the reports she'd read on , a woman whom she had personally met in a far more innocuous place than here. A frown pulled on her lips. "Ultra Beasts are peculiarly strong creatures. I don't think the poisons I concoct compare at all in terms of severity. Mine can all be healed with proper antidotes."

To infiltrate someone's mind the way they had with Nihilego... what would she do with power like that?

It was a frightening and thrilling question.

"Am I boring you?" Elisabeth asked suddenly, noticing her companion was suspiciously quiet and unopinionated.

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Admin Office ✿
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 23:55:10 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
"No," he sighed again, shoulders slacking as his thoughts drifted from not only a singular swarm of incoming Poipole, but also the other ultra beasts, which he'd been forced to look into ever since becoming an admin.

How frustrating.

"It's just--" Felix paused, almost forcing himself to stop. If it was anyone other than sitting there, occupying that second seat, he might've left it at that. But it wasn't anyone else. It was her. "I've been stressed about them. " The Ultra beast.

How do you defend against something like that? It almost felt as though he was given an impossible task.

"Not really sure what'll happen if they show up again."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 0:03:23 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
A hand cupped her chin in silent contemplation, fingertips restless as she considered the notion. 's concerns about Ultra Beasts and Avatars matched her own. In many ways, Elisabeth felt ill-equipped to stand as an established member of the Rocket organisation, but in no way more than in sheer firepower.

"The world is unfair, in that way," she said at last. "Power rarely comes divided in equal shares."

Most of the battles she'd fought in life, figuratively and literally alike, had been from a compromised position.

She was a woman well-acquainted with losing, and with facing her own mortality. It had been something she'd confessed to not so long ago, although the man had surprised her with his response: that he could imagine her becoming something more than what she imagined herself to be.

"The nature of power is that it changes and fluctuates. Few who seek power and ambition remain stagnant." Her green eyes flitted up to meet his, mirroring them like twin emeralds. "Just because you feel weak against such threats now, doesn't mean you will always remain that way. S.P.E.C.T.R.A. was designed with such goals in mind, wasn't it?"

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Admin Office ✿
[break]
[break]
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 0:48:58 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar
The neverending problems that leaked from this avatarship were something he'd come to struggle with daily. When being tasked with the organization's defenses, your worst enemy is one that cannot be beaten by your hands alone. It'd take another demi-god to bring one down.

But, at least there they had a solution. Even if it left Felix uneasy, if the likes of were ever to bring hell upon sootiopolis, there were always those like who'd be able to stop her.

"You're right."

At the very least, they'd be easier to deal with than another ultra-beast war. If they were to burst through realities seams again, Hoenn might crumble easier than a crystabloom.

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,366 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
LUNCH BREAK
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2022 1:34:25 GMT
[attr=class,elisafont]
[googlefont=Meddon]
La Vie en Rose
[break][break]
[break]
So often, appeared stoic as a statue, lost to thoughts that his face refused to betray in any shape or fashion. Elisabeth privately wished to appear the same, more often than not; hers was an artificial glacial fortress she'd built up in herself, too easily scaled for her own liking.

In moments like this one, however, she felt she could see a glimpse of the gears turning in the other man's mind: calculating in their own subtle way, if not as overworked as the cogs that turned in her own.

A somewhat amused smile creased her lips, and soon a soft laugh left them.

"Be patient with yourself, Felix. No one is asking you to throw yourself at Avatars or Ultra Beasts at this present moment. You have time."

Though time remained a finite resource, and one they couldn't quantify, not in this context. Dialga they were not.

The chiming of a clock on her wall arrested her attention, and Elisabeth heaved a small sigh, her unfinished sandwich pushed to the side as her Leafeon stretched and yawned.

"Ah, apologies. I have to check on the flowers in the crystabloom lab. You're welcome to join me, if you like."

[break]
[break]
[break]
Social ✿ Admin Office ✿
[break]
[break]