Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
How to ride your Pokémon (Duo Wild)
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 19:01:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor looked around. She was in a room, yet she had no recollection of how she got there. It looked familiar, yet something was off. Her hand reached for her trainer belt with all the experience she had accumulated. But it wasn’t there.

“Where is it?” She looked around, panic in her eyes. The glint of red and white shine upon a table not far from her alerted her to its presence. She tried to reach for it but found it outside her reach. She tried walking towards it, but it moved away. However much she kept on moving, it never got within her reach.

The sound of explosions in the distance began to appear.

Elinor hurried, heart pounding, lungs heaving for air. Pokéballs still out of reach.

Explosions came closer. Now caressing the building walls with each boom. But then they suddenly stopped. She halted. With no windows in the room, she knew not what was going on. It didn’t take long before the walls shook as giant claws punctured the wall and ripped off what it could of the building.

“No, no it can’t be you.” Despair struck her face as eyes gazed upon the terror of the Tree-of-life Necrozma. It grabbed her and lifted her to its face. Its cold dead eyes looked upon her not with anger, not with hunger, but indifference. She was nothing to it. And then she felt its claws crushing her.

And then nothing.

Eyes shot wide open. Drenched in sweat she woke from the nightmare in the Fallarbor Town Hotel Room, precisely three minutes before she intended to.

With a sigh, she got out of bed and made herself ready for the day’s work. She’d decided to spend a day or two helping the Rangers here with quelling some rambunctious Pokémon in Route 114. The working theory was a scarcity of resources causing this. But nothing is proven yet.

It didn’t take long for her to reach the foot of the Meteor Falls area, which had been designated as a meeting spot for her partner for the day, . She had to admit the name was unfamiliar to her. But if the Rangers thought her trustworthy enough to employ her without being an official member, well who was she to doubt her?

Clad in her ranger uniform and surrounded by Three Kommo-o, one shiny male, two females one completely average, and one much larger than the others. The Shiny Male and the Large female were busy playing wrestling. Though for the uninitiated it might look like actual combat, just without the moves.

OOC: DW looking for: dark / ground/ dragon (With a preference for Dragons)

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 10:03:09 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Shalin had a lot of work to do with the Mount Chimney investigation. She was quickly finding that just Kiara was going to be nowhere near enough help to explore the superheated interior of the volcanic area where one of the Medallions of Eight was at. She needed Pokémon that could handle high heat well. Ice-types could do that for a limited time, but they would wear out more quickly than others. What she needed was a solid Dragon-type that could fly.

Shalin was already at the meeting spot, observing the Ranger and her three Kommo-o at play. It reminded her of her own Kommo-o, Treble. Unfortunately, it seemed like they were a little too far out of sight, and this was simply too much distance for Queen Zing to cover. She put her earplugs back in and took off aboard her giant Beedrill, buzzing over the Ranger's Kommo-o (but not too closely!) before landing next to her, removing her earplugs once the giant bee's wings stopped vibrating. "Elinor, I think?" the reined-up bug's rider waved with a lack of confidence.

{WC: 182}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill       Good
Flit          Yanmega        Good
Treble        Kommo-o        Good
Starr         Espeon**       Good
Letheia       Ninetales-A    Good
Kiara         Pyroar-F       Good
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2022 20:18:25 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The playfight halted as the buzzing sounds of wingbeat reached them. All four turned their attention toward the sky. Elinor had to do a double take when she saw the huge Beedrill with a trainer upon. Though as the sound grew there was no mistaking it. That really was a Beedrill large enough to carry someone.

Small hints of surprise on her face as the Beedrill landed nearby. For a moment she didn’t want to assume. But when the trainer stated her name the answer was clear. This was her partner for today.

A smile spread over her lips. It seemed this was going to be more fun than she expected. “Yep, that’s me.” She nodded enthusiastically. “And I presume you are Shalin, right?”

Meanwhile, the Kommo-o group just watched the Beedrill cautiously.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 5:57:51 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Elinor's reaction was typical of people meeting Shalin for the first time. After all, Beedrill were some of the most aggressive Pokémon in the world, and the giant queens spent their lives in the hive, laying many, many eggs to propagate their hives. If anything, Queen Zing was a queen that ruined the species' terrifying reputation. Her red, compound eyes flickered at Elinor in greeting. "That's me!" Shalin waved. "Wildest Pokémon rider this side of Hoenn!" she introduced herself, her mount waving a foreleg sting toward the Kommo-o like a human would to a friend.

Seeing the three Kommo-o, Shalin dismounted her Beedrill, the queen embracing her trainer with the flats of her foreleg stings. Though she was a dangerous predator, she had the heart of a house Skitty. She acted almost exactly the opposite of how her species stereotypically acted. She withdrew the venomous insect, sending out Treble, her own Kommo-o, also wearing riding gear custom-fit for him.

"I'm sorry about that. It looked like your Pokémon weren't very comfortable around Queen Zing," Shalin apologized, Treble's eyes shifting toward his kin. "She's a real sweetie, but everyone assumes she's dangerous. And rightfully so. Right, this is Treble," she gestured to the dragon-type near her, looking ready to hop on her partner's back at any moment.

{WC: 219}
{PC: 6}

Tari          Scolipede      Good
Sandy         Flygon         Good
Kiku          Skuntank       Good
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 9:08:40 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

“I appreciate the concern,” Elinor replied as the Beedrill was retrieved to its Pokéball. Elinor was a bit let down by this. But couldn’t really do much about it.

Though Elinor could not help but look surprised when the Kommo-o was summoned wearing what she presumed was some sort of Riding gear. “Do you also ride Kommo-o?” A curious glance was sent at Shalin.

Meanwhile, the family of Kommo-o cautiously walked toward Treble. Led by Kaleo the Shiny Kommo-o. He sniffed the air around Treble not only as a greeting but to see if there was any hostility to be found.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 18:46:30 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Though Elinor was being a bit formal, it was to be expected from a member of the most powerful governing body in the region. "Yep!" she quipped, mounting up to demonstrate. Though Treble was taller than some of his brethren, and not quite as friendly as the Beedrill, he was friendly enough to greet Kaleo and the others, Shalin idly holding the reins as to be ready when Elinor was to get going. "Whooooo!" she let out a cry as the dragon-type gave her a gentle rattle...well, gentle by Kommo-o standards. The low hum was much more audible than the scales colliding. "Careful, Treble! I know you're excited, but be careful!"

Though her hair was a mess now, Shalin was in great spirits. It was almost like she was having fun while the scales were shaking so fast. "They're really fun to control, too! I could teach you!" After all, that was what Elinor had come to her for, or so she thought. "When we get farther away from town, I can show you my other Pokémon, too!" She looked just as impressed with Kaleo's scales. "The bright one is really impressive! What's their name?"

{WC: 197}
{PC: 3}

ooc note: She doesn't actually have her scolipede with her because plot convenience XD
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2022 22:59:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NICKIT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] RUN AWAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NIGHT SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD STEELIX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ROCK HEAD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MAGNET RISE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HARDEN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2022 21:29:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor’s Kommo-o accepted Treble well enough, and it seemed to return the favor as best it could before Shalin got onto its back.

Elinor gave the woman a curious glance. She couldn’t imagine it being comfortable. But perhaps she should give it a chance. She pondered it even more so when Shalin offered to teach her. “Well, if you are giving free lessons…” Elinor spoke.

Her gaze turned to the family. Pondering which one she should try and ride. Well, the only one who had the size would definitely, and ironically be the youngest of the bunch.

“Thank you. His name is Kaleo.” She said.

Kaleo suddenly looked to the side. Sniffing the air, its scale began to clang quietly. For a moment it looked to Elinor, then a loud roar emerged into the area. She gave it a nod in reply. And of it went. With powerful footfalls did the Shiny Kommo-o storm off towards a Steelix who had emerged nearby ready to cause havoc.

A short battle began once the two forces met. But alas, Kaleo was well versed in fighting experienced Steelix, given Elinor already had two. And so he came out victorious, ready for Elinor to claim her prize. Whenever they’d get there.

OOC: Trying to capture Steelix.
THREAD NOTES: DW looking for: dark / ground/ dragon (With a preference for Dragons)

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2022 17:23:32 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Elinor was certainly the humble but curious one. Kommo-o were not a species most would even think to use for travel, let alone dare to attempt. Their body shape drew natural parallels with riding on a dinosaur Pokémon like Tyrantrum. The dragon-type's scales posed a new danger beyond the deafening noise, as well, one that Shalin and Treble were about to demonstrate, whether the green-clad girl wanted to or not.

She was about to acknowledge Kaleo's name when her mount bolted off after a wild Nickit, eager to show off exactly what he was capable of. Shalin could not react with the reins in time before Treble engaged the Nickit in combat. She lurched back in the landbound dragon's saddle, faking her Pokémon out with a SUCKER PUNCH. Provokng Treble's wrath, he raised a fist toward the fox. Shalin put her earplugs back in, knowing what was about to come.

A loud, low humming sound accompanied the clashing of his fist's scales. While it wasn't unbearable, the noise was definitely loud. The vibrating fist easily tore through what meager defenses the Nickit had, leaving the wild dazed and unable to stand. Shalin let out a loud whoop, squinting as part of a blissful facial expression as the rapid shaking coursed through her. She got so distracted she almost forgot to throw an empty Poké Ball toward the Nickit!

{PC: 4}

ooc: Nickit catch please!
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2022 6:40:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHIFTRY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] EARLY BIRD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FAKE OUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DRAGONAIR APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MARVEL SCALE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TWISTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA TAIL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 19:22:57 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor watched the little riding performance that Shalin gave her. And to claim her surprised would be an understatement. She had thought the very moments of Treble would make it rather inconvenient to ride, but perhaps the Kommo-o adapted its movements to accommodate the rider.

By the time Nickit had been caught. Kaleo had dragged the Steel serpent to Elinor. An amazing feat of pure strength on its own. She quickly caught the creature within an empty Pokéball and returned her attention to the girl and her Kommo-o.

She made her way over there and while doing so she asked. “Am I right in assuming a saddle will be necessary?” Elinor asked. “I mean, I can only imagine how Kommo-o scales will tear clothes and skin alike from the friction."

The battle between Steelix and Kommo-o had caused quite a commotion, commotion which caught the attention of a Dragonair which slithered over to the gathered flock.

With happy coo did it ask what was going on?

With light growls one of the Kommo-o replied. And so the dragon-types conversed for a moment. As the older Female Kommo-o asked if the Dragonair wished to join their little troupe.

Seeking entertainment the Dragonair pondered it for the moment.

OOC: Trying to capture Dragonair.
THREAD NOTES: DW looking for: dark / ground/ dragon (With a preference for Dragons)

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 17:46:18 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Elinor's surprise wasn't unwarranted. Treble certainly felt more like a bipedal dinosaur like Tyrantrum than a traditional quadrupedal mount, but that didn't stop Shalin! She reciprocated that surprise when she saw Kaleo dragging the gold-plated snake Pokémon toward the trainer within recall range. What strength they had! It gave Shalin pause to reconsider using Treble's raw strength rather than just his vibration in combat, though she was aware that the Kommo-o's vibration was his most potent weapon. Still, having less noisy options could come in handy!

"As long as she doesn't rattle her scales when you're on her, you should be fine without one," Shalin clarified. "But yes, you are correct. Without one, it would be like getting pinched over and over again, faster than the eye could see." Seismitoad was another Pokémon known for using vibration in this way, The dragon's scales not only could be rattled faster, but could tear foes apart.

"Long as your Kommo-o isn't prone to doing that unprovoked, you shouldn't need one," the wild child reiterated. "Any tanner that handles Pokémon should be able to get one custom made for her. But if you want to practice with one, you're welcome to go for a run on Treble! Plus, when their scales start to rumble, that's the most exciting part!" It was also by far the most tiring. Even with the saddle shielding the rider's legs from being sheared, the vibration would still be intense.

{PC: 5}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Queen Zing     Beedrill        Good
Flit           Yanmega         Good
Treble         Kommo-o         Good
Sandy          Flygon          Good
Kiara          Pyroar-F        Good
Kiku           Skuntank        Good
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,989 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2022 22:51:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MAMOSWINE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]THRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE HIT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GASTRODON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] STICKY HOLD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MUD BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MUD SPORT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE DRAGONAIR!

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2022 11:48:06 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor listened in quiet contemplation to the explanation. She pondered her options and then looked towards Kahula the larger Kommo-o. It looked toward its two parents, both of them had a smile as they shook their heads.

They would not save their daughter from this fate.

Elinor stepped over to the young Kommo-o, giving it a gentle pat. “Hmmm, you know. I think I will try without. If anything I am sure it’ll teach me the importance of a saddle really quickly.” Elinor joked.

Kahula the Kommo-o glared for a moment at its trainer. Then sighed in defeat. Even it knew that once an idea had settled in Elinor, there was no stopping her. Kahula bent down, making it easier for its trainer to jump on its back before it would rise once more.

Elinor wobbled a bit, unaccustomed to the new sensation of riding a bipedal Pokémon. Since her focus was elsewhere and the other two Kommo-o was busy trying to keep their snickering hidden, none of the wild Pokémon that had made their way nearby caught their attention.

OOC: Skip

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2022 18:57:04 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The appearance of much contemplation among Elinor and her dragons didn't surprise Shalin. After all, Kommo-o were dangerous to use as mounts. It was doubly dangerous for Elinor, what with her going for a run on Kahula with no gear at all. Shalin could never do that with Treble; the dragon was prone to getting excited, and the species was known for flourishing their rattling scales when emotionally charged. Even with a saddle, such a discharge would be jarring. Withot, it could be downright painful.

Elinor appeared to be having difficulty finding stability stop the fighting-type. While Shalin was unsure how adept Kahula was at it, Treble was skilled at using his long, hybrid upper limbs either as legs or as arms. This made him able to stand up and sock foes when need be, yet he could also run much like a swift feline could in situations where raw speed mattered more. Perhaps Elinor would catch on as she led the way further along the mountain trail.

As a traveling Mamoswine came a bit too close to Treble while he was bounding forward, he rumbled every scale on his body lightly, at least by species standards, to scare the ice-type away. There was absolutely no fear in his actions, and the Mamoswine yielded. "Wahoo! That was perfect!" Shalin cried, the brief but strong rumbling beneath her getting her blood pumping.

{PC: 6}

ooc: also skipping

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Queen Zing     Beedrill        Good
Flit           Yanmega         Good
Treble         Kommo-o         Good
Sandy          Flygon          Good
Kiara          Pyroar-F        Good
Kiku           Skuntank        Good