Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Poppy Field [Elisabeth/Social]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 19:56:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Poppy Field

Your expertise is needed, .

Deep within the military compound known as Camp Winstrate, formerly the Mauville City Gym to the public at large, a garden could be found nested far beyond the offices, barracks, warehouses, hangars and training fields. Formerly barren, sporting little more than grass, weeds and overgrown trees—

Now, a field of poppy flowers stretched over every inch of the gardens. Puddles and small ponds formed into an incomplete, spiral that reached towards a small body of water at the center of the gardens. Interesting and bizarre rock formations formed around the waters as an ever present breeze blew through the well trimmed trees, allowing for sunlight to reach the rest of the plantlife abound.

The area had been practically terraformed by the former Gym Leader, his bug and grass-type pokemon, and the help of several friends, all of whom could be trusted to know far more about plants than he alone ever could.

"Welcome to our Poppy Fields, Ms. Fiorelli." Former Gym leader Doug sullivan said simply as they stood over the tallest point in the gardens, a small hill overlooking the area. From there, they could see the several bug type pokemon that made their home in this place.

As well as the several not bug type pokemon that Doug kept among his numbers. As well as several of the pokemon belonging to the Captain's soldiers...

It made sense, why the gardens were about 60% of the land that made up all of Camp Winstrate. It really housed far more than the soldiers alone could ever occupy.

"Sorry to make you come all the way 'ere."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 20:09:37 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]
"No apologies necessary," came the florist's breezy response. Her own Bug-type Pokemon had accompanied her for this voyage to Camp Winstrate; a Vivillon, a Butterfree, and a Beautifly all hovered about her in an entourage of bright, glossy wings.[break][break]

Soon the butterflies all abandoned her to explore the Poppy Fields -- intrigued and easily distracted, as all butterflies were.[break][break]

"You seem to have done quite well for yourself here," she continued, her eyes flitting from Pokémon to Pokémon as an amused smile tugged on her lips. "At least, your new fans think so. Petunia in particular can be fussy, so well done."[break][break]

The Vivillon in question was already nosily inspecting a bright red poppy, pink wings aflutter with excitement.[break][break]

"What did you need me for in particular, Mr. Sullivan? I see precious little to improve upon."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 20:25:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Poppy Field

Doug chuckled.

"Oh good! My pride's still safe then. I like to think o'myself as something of a bug expert, ya see." He said, watching over the woman's bug types with a smile. It turned to a grin as he turned to the blonde, humor dripping from his words. "You a bugcatcher as well, Ms. Fiorelli? There's a club for that if you're interested."

would surely be glad to hear if he acquired the Unofficial Bugcatchers Association™ (UBA) a new member!

Elisabeth helped the conversation move along efficiently however, prompting another chuckle from the youth.

"Right. Follow me, please." He said simply, taking the lead as he descended unto the gardens below. Through the grassy fields, the shallow ponds, and the beautiful flowers, he led her into what seemed to be any other patch of grass in the gardens.

And then pointed at it.

In there, planted with about as much care as anything else, were a number of crystal blooms.

Unlike the rest of the flowers however, these ones did not seem to be managing to spread out— or grow much, for that matter. Around them, a number of grass-type pokemon rested nearby. Their caretakers, or perhaps merely those who enjoyed the flowers' presence.

"I've been tryin' to grow these." Doug said, pausing briefly as he considered his words. "As you can see, it ain't goin' stellar. These ain't like any other flowers in the world, so I can't internet the problem away."

He turned back to the woman.

"When I was askin' 'round, a gardenin' buddy o' mine dropped yer name. So... I was hopin' I could enlist yer expertise."

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 20:34:31 GMT
[nospaces]
She mulled the thought over, faint laughter answering before she nodded in the affirmative. "I have never considered labeling myself that way, but I suppose I am. A bugcatcher, that is." She grinned at him as she followed him through the gardens, admitting, "My first Pokémon was a Wurmple, actually. I was saving it from some pest control in my parents' gardens."[break][break]

What sort of people would be in a bugcatching club? The question sparked some idle curiosity in her.[break][break]

"Ah." Crystablooms were a less surprising topic, however. "Did they bloom here organically? Or did you transport them?"[break][break]

An Ivysaur keeping pace at her heels sniffed at one of the crystablooms as Elisabeth knelt down, inspecting the patch of grass with quiet interest.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 21:08:19 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Poppy Field

"Welcome to the club!" Doug had said with a laugh as they walked through the fields. "Meetings every whenever we can be bothered. I'll be in contact."

He had balked when she mentioned her Wurmple... and the attempts on its life.

"Aw, those lil' guys are adorable!" Doug said, pursing his lips. "Can't believe anyone would call 'em pests... Beautifly are great for gardens!"

Nothing like a number of resident pollinizers to keep the gardens pretty and lively. He paused.

"... Well, I guess Dustox ain't as good for'em though."

Those things would eat a garden whole if left untrained and unsupervised...

Back to the matter of Crystal Blooms, however!

Doug knelt before the flowers besides elisabeth's Ivysaur, smiling at the kantonian grass-type starter and gently scratching at its head much like how his own Bulbasaur enjoyed.

"No, these are a lil' project o'mine. Tapu Lele has been moody lately." By which he meant, she had disappeared completely and he had no idea of where she was... yet. "She likes flowers, so I was hopin' a bunch of these would make her a lil' happier. My buddies 'ere have been luckily able to keep 'em going so far, but they don't really know how to go 'bout it either."

He wasn't quite at the end of his rope yet, but...
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 22:20:56 GMT
[nospaces]
"Well, I am glad to have passed your club's rigorous orientation process," was her teasing reply. "Let me know when you're meeting, and I'll see what I can do."[break][break]

Her Ivysaur basked in the younger man's attention, lifting its little head up to get scritches under the chin. A low, contented growl answered him, the bulb on its back seeming to bloom slightly with the Grass-type's brightening mood.[break][break]

Elisabeth covered a smile with her hand as her gaze slid towards the pair, quietly entertained. Sometimes her Ivysaur could be a bit grumpy, truth be told, but Doug had seemingly charmed the thorny beast.[break][break]

"Tapu Lele?" she echoed, until the memory returned to her -- that was right, the man in front of her was the former Gym Leader of Mauville and a member of the AQUA Initiative. She'd read some files on him at the Rocket Headquarters, though admittedly, her memory on them was a bit hazy at present.[break][break]

Something she would regret later, on a battleground in Littleroot facing the man and his terrifying Orbeetle.[break][break]

"I wasn't aware she liked flowers. Or crystablooms, for that matter." She pursed her lips. "Admittedly, I know very little about Legendary creatures. I've met precious few."[break][break]

Mentioning Lugia or Xerneas would be very, very unwise.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2022 22:35:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Poppy Field

"Only the best of the best make it." He had said with a grin, scratching under the Ivysaur's chin gently, cooing as the Ivysaur bloomed.

His attention went back to Elisabeth after a moment, looking up at the woman and smiling.

"Yup. You wouldn't think so, but she really does." He said, humming thoughtfully. "Maybe it reminds her of Tapu Bulu?"

The amicable youth had a terribly sparse file as an avatar. Beyond the presumption of some manner of healing ability to mirror @illana's own, the youth hadn't used his avatar abilities in any public engagement nor against Rockets to date.

He looked friendly enough, though! Probably a natural born healer, right?

"I'm right there with'cha." Doug said simply, standing up. "Never been too religious; most legendaries catch me off guard more often than not."
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2022 2:36:08 GMT
[nospaces]
Oddly, she looked forward to the Bug Catcher Association meetings. What sort of people were attracted to such an interest besides herself? Her curiosity hungered to know.[break][break]

"I've never been religious, either," Elisabeth admitted, watching with no small amount of fondness as her Ivysaur lavished in affection. "I can't imagine what it's like, to bond with a Pokémon of such consideration power. It seems like such a distant and unfathomable thing."[break][break]

She'd confessed much the same to in a different place than here, albeit one just as surrounded by crystablooms: her laboratory in Rocket's submarine. They'd talked of immortality that day, among other things.[break][break]

"I don't know much about the Tapus, to be honest. Other than--" She caught herself here, pausing in a way that could just as easily be interpreted as a moment of contemplation, as it was one of self-reproach. "Well, no more than anyone else, I suppose. I saw 's morning show, at least. The one with ."[break][break]

It had showcased a brief demonstration of Tapu Fini's power. A demonstration that now, Elisabeth knew, would never be repeatable.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 15:27:41 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Poppy Field

"Now ya know." Doug said, scratching the Bulbasaur's chin for a little longer before pulling his hand away with a hum. "Though, the poppies just ain't doin' it for her nowadays. She's had it rough recently."

The thought was sort of amusing, though he was quick to squash some feelings. Regardless of Lele's general attitudes, he wasn't one to laugh at the misfortune of others— specially not when it came to family.

As he rose back up to his full height, he briefly turned to look towards the poppy field, looking over each one.

Come the meteor, he suspected he might have to plant quite a few more poppies.

"Haven't seen her in a while— not much I can do help if she won't even turn up." Doug said as he scratched his cheek, before turning towards Elisabeth. "So I figured I might as well try n' bait her out. She's never too far— she has to notice if her playgrounds become all shiny and infinit-ey, eh?"

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 4:24:45 GMT
[nospaces]
"She sounds almost childlike, when you describe her that way," Elisabeth said, mildly endeared by the mental image. To think deities cared about things like flowers was surprising.[break][break]

All the moreso that her own gifts might be of interest to such a creature.[break][break]

"Well, then. I'll have to help you with the care of the crystablooms then, won't I? To ensure that she enjoys your fields again."[break][break]

In patient, almost maternal manner, she outlined the ways to take care of the strange, ethereal flowers, being mindful to explain in ways that felt actionable to someone of Doug's means and abilities. He wouldn't have access to a Rocket laboratory, but there were multiple other things he could do to enhance their light source, to improve the nutrients in the soil, to ensure they were properly watered as needed.[break][break]

There was something enjoyable in sharing this art she'd studied for so long with someone who shared her interest. A rare pleasure.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Social.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 21:21:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Poppy Field

"Very astute observation, Miss." He said, a smirk stretching across his lips. "She throws tantrums, too."

It could be very cute, when it wasn't hospitalizing him.

When she finally offered to teach him, his hands came together and a grin stretched his lips wide, excited. He had many mentors —had need for every single one of them— and he was ecstatic to add Elisabeth Fiorelli, to the list.

[End thread]

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 22:26:59 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: