sunflower
blooming bright amongst the grey
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]
[attr="class","bang"]theme
[attr="class","bang"]slow day...

[attr="class","Revolution"][attr="class",rise"]
Yet another day that goes by without a letter or even a text, she's pretty much given up at checking her phone for any notifications, save for the occasional emails from returning customers and potential future clients. The floristry is quiet as always, only getting the one or two visitors throughout the day either looking for specific flowers to convey a message or tips on how not to butcher their gardens anymore than they've already had. Even Ren seems restless by the lack of action, his ghostly tail dripping from the ceiling every now and then as he embeds himself right into the infrastructure, leaving only his beady little eyes and sharp claws on the surface.

"You could have joined Astra and Fang with the shopping trip if you wanted. I don't think staying wallstuck is good for you in the long run... maybe? You are a ghost though..." Resting her chin against her palm, Lumia starts to trace circles into her counter, humming an impromptu melody that seems to lead nowhere. "We can't exactly just close up shop for the day either, it'd be rude since we didn't put up any signs beforehand."

The Dragapult merely sighs and sinks deeper into the building's inner walls, his claws leaving an erratic tapping that echoes quietly through the shop.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW
[attr="class","hanapoke"]
[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang a]font:bold 7pt calibri[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 16:58:22 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The wait was unbearable. The constantly looming threat of Meteno above them pushed Elinor to pursue activities that were so unlike her. With the sudden appearance of her little sister, a focus on her family had been forced upon her. And that particular focus was why she was now in Oldale Town. Looking for a cousin she had never heard about. She wondered if knew. He had to. It had been far too easy for her to find this person on one of those ancestry websites, so surely Lars had to know about her.

The Summer heat had receded, in favor of the autumn chill. Clad in more casual attire, a laid-back black jacket, and a pair of jeans. She looked like any other pedestrian were it not for her bright pink hair that flowed down past her shoulders.

By her side, a lazy Dragapult levitated along.

The pair of them quickly paced through Oldale Town, finding their way to a peculiar flower shop. She had honestly been surprised to see that there were other such stores, especially when considering ‘s floristry wasn’t far from here. But alas that was thoughts for another time.

With a well-trained firm grip did Elinor open the door to the place, walking through with the grace and atmosphere of a well-trained politician, even if she didn’t intend to appear that way. Dragapult following right behind her.

OOC: HELLO THERE!

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
We've got the time to take the world and make it better than it ever was
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2022 21:00:30 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
sunflower
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

The bell chimes as the door swings open, revealing one of the most refined visitors she's had to date. And oh, is her presence overbearing, the once listless Dragapult now dropping straight out of his hiding spot in the ceiling with mouth agape. Compared to him, Lumia seems much more composed on the surface, but her hands sure shake as she tries to close his mouth very gently.

"I- uhm- W- welcome?" She's like a Deerling caught in the headlights - She can barely manage look in the eyes, her smile shaking ever so slightly as her fingers begin to fidget. "How may I help you today, Mrs Anderson?"

Another awkward pause sees the Dragapult hurriedly skittering around her shoulders, his claws gripping to the fabric of her sleeve as his tail curls around her neck.

"I- I didn't mistake you for the wrong person, right?"
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2022 18:29:11 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The woman’s greeting was nervous. Her eyes were wide and barely managed to look at her. But Elinor’s smile grew wide and warm. It wasn’t an unusual reaction to her presence.

The skittering Dragapult caught the attention of Elinor’s own Dragapult. It climbed atop her back and peaked from its trainer’s shoulder and to the store owner and their own skittish ghost dragon.

A chuckle escaped Elinor as the woman continued speaking without leaving a moment for her to reply. Still, Elinor shook her head as she continued inside. “No, you did not.” Elinor acknowledged. “And I am looking for a Miss Lumia Peura.” Elinor hadn’t seen pictures of the person she was looking for, and so was blissfully ignorant of who she was talking to. “You wouldn’t happen to know where I can find her, would you?”

OOC: HELLO THERE!

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 8:04:44 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
sunflower
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Oh goody, getting names right was the first step to forming a great relation. Her eyes drift over 's, as if attempting to draw some kind of information from her very appearance. But after a while, as the question is dropped, she finds herself at yet another loss for words.

"I- uhm... Lumia, t- that would be me...?"

Why would they be looking for her? No matter how she wracks her brain, she can't seem to come up with any solid ideas. Had there been some case of tax evasion her parents had committed without telling her? How about some banquet that she'd missed supplying flowers to? No, she doesn't remember having any appointments...

"Wh- Have I done something wrong?"
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 8:38:26 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Oh how lucky! Elinor thought as Lumia confirmed her identity. She continued onward walking closer to the person as she tried to appear as approachable as possible.

The Dragon on her back waved a gentle but curious greeting.

Though surprise struck Elinor, causing her to stop a few steps further away than she intended when the woman immediately assumed her visit was because of wrong-doings. Elinor put on her best most friendly smile as she shook her head and said. “No, you have done nothing wrong -” Elinor put a bit of jest in her following words. “As far as I know…”

“Actually. I am here on personal business.” Elinor informed the woman. “Do you know ?” While the ancestry website had spoken of familiar connections. Broken families with no ties to each other weren’t unheard of.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 8:50:41 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
sunflower
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Personal business... Personal business?

Wait, her parents hadn't done something like borrow money from and forgotten to tell her about it, right? If she needs to pay up this very instant, she isn't sure she even has the funds to do so! She has to explain herself before it's too late!

"Hold on, I-"

The name makes her stop abruptly, her distress melting into confusion as she tries to piece things together.

"I- Well... uhm... yes? Technically? He's my cousin and all... Were you looking for him?"
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 9:08:25 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Her smile grew a bit as Lumia confirmed that she knew Lars and even went so far as to confirm their family relations. This made it so much easier for her.

Though to answer Lumia’s question she shook her head. “Oh no, I was not looking for your cousin. I was looking for you.” She made a small hand-wavey acknowledging gesture towards Lumia.

“Well, you might not know this but, Lars is my cousin as well.” Elinor began but paused. But suddenly she found uncertainty, though it wasn’t shown on her face. How should she word this?

“To be honest I have just been doing some genealogy research in my spare time and stumbled upon you. Figured I might as well introduce myself.”

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 12:07:40 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
sunflower
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Looking for her? Had done something and not told her about it? What would it be this time? Getting hospitalised after an attack? Or forgetting to submit some quarterly report on the rangers? Or maybe he was the one that committed tax evasion...

Oh no, it just seems like... he's a common cousin?

"O- oh... hmm... Lars hasn't ever told me about you, even when he comes for dinner every now and then..."

What if she's just making a joke to see how gullible she is? Even if this were supposed to be some kind of prank, surely a councilwoman wouldn't have this much time to do such a thing, right?

"Uhm... d- do you want some tea? I don't really have any fresh baked cookies though... Oh Ren, there's still some fruits in the garden, right?" Tidying the loose pieces on the table surface, Lumia readily slides from behind the counter. And she keeps looking towards her hands as if trying to count something on the spot. "Do... you have a preference? O- or maybe you like coffee better?"
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 12:33:12 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

It seemed Lars hadn’t informed Lumia that she had family in high places. But that didn’t surprise her. What did surprise her was the little tidbit of information that she provided.

Dinner huh? For a moment she felt a pang of envy. Ever since she returned to Hoenn, Lars hadn’t even mentioned perhaps wanting to have dinner with her in private. Perhaps the baggage of their family’s past kept that option away. She made a mental note to ask him the next time she saw him.

“Oh do not worry. Tea will do just fine.” Elinor spoke kindly.

Her eyes watched the woman closely. She seemed so nervous even though her reassurances were that everything was fine. Elinor felt almost bad, perhaps she ought to have prepared this a bit better.

“Oh no, I don’t have any preferences. Surprise me.” Elinor replied. She turned her attention to her surroundings taking in the sights, hoping that her Talonflame gaze being turned away would provide Lumia with some semblance of peace of mind.

“So, does Lars visit often?” Ah yes, casual conversation no harm in that, right?

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 15:11:23 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
sunflower
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

No preferences means less expectations hoisted upon her shoulders, less eyes on her means less people who witness her mistakes. And perhaps, that is what draws even a hint of a smile on her face as she quickly slips through the doorway to her kitchen. Having learnt from the whole predicament of causing house fires when operating a stove, had kindly made her life just that bit easier by providing her an electric kettle. And in doing so, he had probably saved the lives of dozens of innocent fire alarms.

Chamomile tea is the first thing that draws her attention amidst all the other containers in the cupboard, probably due to how easily it calms her in any kind of discussion. With a few careful movements from pouring boiling water to steeping the leaves, she somehow manages to prepare a teapot without any incidents. And this is met with half-enthusiastic claps from Ren, the Dragapult now hovering more closely to ensure that she doesn't drop it.

"Well, he visits every now and then when he isn't busy..."

The cups are placed on the counter, steam dancing off the rims as liquid gold slips from the teapot's spout. For a brief moment, her lips twitch but that is quickly brushed away with the loose strands of hair falling across her cheeks.

"Checks in every now and then since äi- I mean, mamma and pops left for their trip."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2022 15:41:48 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

She waited patiently for Lumia to return with the tea. For a moment she pondered what the woman would offer, she placed her bet on something basic like chamomile.

And she was right. But she didn't mind. She gave the tea a moment to cool down.

Instead she turned her energy toward the answer the woman gave. She gave Lumia a nod to acknowledge her reply before she spoke. "Ah, I can't imagine he comes around often then, he always seems far too busy." Spoken half in jest of course.

"Oh, a trip? Where did they go of to?" Elinor asked curiously.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 8:28:24 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
sunflower
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

There's a slight pause in Lumia's movements as she looks to , a glaze in her eyes as if she's thoroughly processing what the councilwoman has just said. And when she finally breaks out of it, she finds her words sitting uncomfortably upon her tongue.

"He's been getting injured lately... but I haven't gone to visit him since he usually tells me not to worry."

Perhaps, to spare her of having to tell the nurses at the counter that she's related to . But that thought never once crosses her mind, even as she adds a sugar cube to her tea.

And well, they don't usually tell me where they're going. They always say it's a business trip of sorts and come back with a list of new clients."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 18:17:43 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

“You should. I am sure he would appreciate it.” Elinor suggested. Even if his aloofness often made him appear to be an 'icefall cave' personified.

She was too busy sipping the unsweetened tea to notice the glaze in Lumia’s eyes. But she knew well enough that had been getting into dangers, getting shot being amongst that. By now she had come to terms with it simply being a part of the job.

But she figured that was the last thing Lumia wanted to hear. She seemed a bit worrisome in that regard. Unfortunately, it seemed Lumia wasn’t getting a whole lot of details from her parents either. “Clients for this establishment or?” She let her words trail on for a moment.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
sunflower || c
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 8:20:42 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
sunflower
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Would he appreciate it? Her worrying over the things he refuses to tell her, probing into matters and burdens that he wishes to take on alone... She isn't even sure that she can offer the help he needs if he ever does ask for it.

"Huh? Oh, yes. They're not always Hoennian, so they usually ask for plants that don't quite grow here. And we help to ensure that we aren't introducing any invasive species when we handle their requests. Or well, I do... since they're not around at the moment."
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights