Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 5:54:31 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac was right on the money when he theorized the impact light would have on their mission. However, he may have underestimated just how big the difference would be. Strange reflections were already coming up on the windows, which Remiel called Isaac's attention to with a quick gesture.[break][break]

He couldn't make them out. The light pollution had gone from nonexistent to unbearable in but moments. What the heck was this phenomenon?[break][break]

He followed behind his senior partner, shielding his good eye best he could. The closer they got, the harsher the light became, until soon he was left practically peeking through his fingertips. Even Lord British's compound eyes were focused on the ground, mandibles clacking in irritation.[break][break]

Frankly, Isaac was amazed Remiel could see anything through the blinding glow. "You sure it's not a crest or something?" he asked, widening his fingers a little to take a better peek. First verdict: ow! Second verdict: nope, that definitely looked artificial. Third verdict: seriously, ow![break][break]

"Could just be like a Sawk's gi. But . . . no, I think it's made of crystal?" It was hard to tell. The entire Pokemon was covered in a thin, crystalline sheen. But somehow, the crown stood out nonetheless. It was the size of the Pokemon, and there was no other material visible underneath the crystal layer.[break][break]

It didn't seem hostile yet. It was just frolicking around in the fountain without a care in the world. "Mind doing the catching honors?" Isaac whispered. "Trust me. You do not want me trying to aim right now."

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2022 7:35:50 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
As they approached even closer, walking down the second floor aisle to get a bird's eye view of it, it soon became clear to Remiel that it was the same Pokémon he had seen prior. Past the blinding light that reflected off the glass ceiling above like AURORA BOREALIS, glimpses of lemur-like features could be made as it hopped about the fountain. In its unusually long-fingered hands, it clasped a granola bar.

Remiel then pauses to check his pack for the granola bar he'd stored away this morning... and finds nothing.

"That little scoundrel... it's a GRAFAIAI."

He mutters.

When Isaac suggests he should attempt to catch it, however, Remiel nods. "Right... harming it could damage the integrity of the terrastalization, for all we know," Reaching back into his pack, he pulls out a luxury ball. "So surprising it with a capture could be in our best interest. Wish me luck, Isaac." He says, reeling his arm back before casting an expert throw at the creature.

Just then, however, the terrastilized crown on its head pulses. The energy wave flings the ball backward, shattering the window display of an abandoned jewelry store.  More than that, however, the capture attempt alerts the creature to their presence. It LEERS at them with bug-like eyes!

A NORMAL TERA-TYPE GRAFAIAI HAS CHALLENGED US!

CRYSTAL COURT
MISSION: A TERA TEST

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 3:24:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Graf-aye-aye," Isaac said, an answer both succinct and characteristically Isaac-like in the face of Remiel's request for luck. No little scoundrel was gonna get in the way of this little scoundrel's support! He watched, keeping his eye on the birdie as it sailed towards the Grafaiai.[beak][break]

The Tera Crown didn't like that. In a great, big pulse of light and power, it sent Remiel's luxury ball hurtling away. Was it a defensive technique? No, the monkey didn't even seem to notice them, judging by how its carefree posture shifted into a hostile leer. This was different. It was like the terastalization itself exerted its will and stopped the capture.[break][break]

No. That's impossible, right? It was just some rock.[break][break]

"If it can block catches without even looking at us, we might have to do this the old fashioned way," Isaac whispered. "You got a bigass net or something on you?" This was Team Rocket! Surely, members of the organization didn't just walk around without some means of stealing Pokemon. Okay, so Isaac didn't. Poaching wasn't his jam. But if someone was mistreating their Pokemon, he just punched them in the kidneys, took the ball, and ran. That . . . wouldn't work here.[break][break]

While the trainers deliberated among themselves, Lord British took point. He flew to the head of the group, gnashed his mandibles a few times, and then launched a silky thread of String Shot right towards the Grafaiai. Who needed a net when you had Grade-A, fresh-made, pure organic Vikavolt silk?

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 11:36:45 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel spares a moment to laugh. "I'm afraid not," He responds, turning to Isaac with a smile. "Walking around with a big net isn't exactly a good 'Team Rocket' look anymore, is it?" They hadn't been in the business of stealing Pokémon with nets since Kanto, as far as he knew. Nevertheless, there was still one old-fashioned way to take care of this Grafaiai yet:

"We have to battle it into submission," The royal continues, sharply waving his hand and issuing a command to his Hisuian Typhlosion. "INFERNAL PARADE!"

Isaac's Vikavolt had done well to string the little creature up. As it struggled to free itself from the STRING SHOT, Dusana summoned a myriad of ghostly fireballs before casting them forwards with a sharp hiss. Unfortunately, these wisps passed through the Grafaiai harmlessly. It TAUNTS them with a finger as it dances upon the empty fountain there.

"It's a Normal-type?" Remiel mutters, narrowing his gaze on their shining target. He could have sworn it was Poison-type. "Or is this an effect of its terastallization?"

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 14:43:36 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Remiel had a good point. They lived in a world where you could catch anything from a random rat to God itself in a handheld pocket of space that cost less than a soda. If you were carrying around a net, you were basically nroadcasting your intention to play outside the rules to everyone in the world.[break][break]

"You're so right," he said, snickering at that goofy, old fashioned visual. Yet the relief the snicker brought was temporary. A strange, melancholy aftertaste settled upon his tongue when the amusement passed. "Still a better look than an enemy soldier, if you ask me," he muttered, more to himself than to Remiel.[break][break]

Life would be so much simpler if Rocket was still just guys with nets.[break][break]

Oh well. The only war they waged now was the war against this monkey, who just ignored their perfectly executed plan. "Little bastard's taunting us like he knew it'd happen. So either he knows a lot more about Terastalizing than we do, or he's Normal." Partial Normal types were a pox, if you asked Isaac. Either you're normal or you're not! Pick one, damnit![break][break]

Only one way to test that theory. Isaac tossed another Pokeball to the ground, a small procession of Falinks bursting out from it. "Crash, get your Boys in a pincer! See just how normal that typing is," he called. Crash saluted, gesturing with his little shields for the Boys to follow in his lead.[break][break]

It was a heck of a sight, seeing a procession of Falinks running in circles atop a broken down mall fountain. However, once they had the Grafaiai surrounded, they would draw tiny spears and pounce it from all sides for a round of Close Combat.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 14:59:39 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel notes Isaac's remark about enemy soldiers with a short snicker of his own. "You're not wrong either. Though I'm partial to knights myself." He adds with a smile.

Nevertheless, they still had the crowned Grafaiai to deal with. Thankfully his partner's FALINKS proved itself effective in two ways: for one, it managed to visibly (and audibly) crack the shining crown that the mischievous lemur wore. Secondly, it established a connection between the terastallization and Normal-typing by doing so.

"Well done!" Remiel cheers, ready to cast another command for Dusana. "Follow up with a DRAIN PUNCH!"

The Hisuian Typhlosion charges in on all fours to issue the punch. But, when it finally strikes, a poof of smoke reveals a SUBSTITUTE instead. The Grafaiai is clinging to a hanging ornament above the abandoned mall's indoor plaza! Angered by this deception, Dusana unleashes a MYSTICAL FIRE to chase the lemur as it attempts to swing away. Unfortunately, even when they strike, a FLASH FIRE flares around its body and protects the Grafaiai from any damage.

Baffled, Remiel takes a moment to wonder what exactly was going on. This wasn't another effect of terastallization, was it? It resembled something more like his GARDEVOIR's former ability, TRACE. Trace... like in a drawing. Like the DOODLE the Grafaiai had made of his Typhlosion earlier...

"It copied my Typhlosion's ability with a drawing..."

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 18:04:11 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Y'know, somehow that's not surprising." It made Isaac wonder just what a man partial to knighthood was doing in an organization like Rocket. "I'd by lying if I said I wasn't a fan, too. Though I've always liked mine more dark and mysterious than bright and shiny."[break][break]

Perhaps some would think that meant Isaac was an unrepentant villain. But would someone with the old world knowledge and noble blood of Remiel get that impression? Or would he realize the real implications that Isaac sought to capture? After all, the Black Knight wasn't always a villain. Sometimes he was simply a knight without a master, eschewing the way things were to take fate into his own hands.[break][break]

For now, though, the only knights on the battlefield were the mob of Falinks Isaac had left behind. They were instrumental in dealing a heavy blow to the Grafaiai, but they proved a lot less useful now that the fight was taken to the skies. Their stubby little legs just wouldn't let them reach the hanging lemur, no matter how high they tried to jump or how angrily they flailed their shields. Crash shot Isaac a pitiful look.[break][break]

"This guy's got a ton of tricks up his sleeves," Isaac grumbled. Pokeball deflection. Type changes. Substitutes. And now stealing Typhlosion's own ability to make itself immune to fire moves. "We can't keep chasing it like this. We gotta be one step ahead of him."[break][break]

Inspiration flashed into Isaac's eyes as he threw down another Pokeball, revealing . . . a fire type? Miyuki the Fennekin looked up at the Grafaiai, as if hypnotized by the massive gem on its head. "Alright, Miyuki. Hitch a ride on Lord British, then get ready to hit it with your secret technique, okay?" Isaac said.[break][break]

Once Miyuki was atop his back, the Vikavolt was all too happy to charge off. He'd been itching for a chance to get back into the fight! Miyuki watched patiently, silvery flame forming around the base of her tail and paws. Closer . . . closer . . . closer . . .[break][break]

Now! Once Lord British was in the Grafaiai's airspace, Miyuki leaped off of his head. Her entire body was ablaze, as if about to unleash a devastatingly powerful fire type move. It was nothing the Grafaiai hadn't endured before; in fact, with his purloined ability, it would only make him stronger.[break][break]

Miyuki smirked, and then disappeared in a puff of smoke.[break][break]

It wasn't a fire type attack at all. Instead, Crash burst out from the smokescreen, cannonballing towards the Grafaiai with his shields extended. Each of the Boys followed, one after the other, for another round of Close Combat. As each either bounced off or missed, Crash scrambled on the ground, trying to catch them with his shields into a wobbly vertical stack.[break][break]

Where they had previously stood, Miyuki splayed out, tail swishing back and forth. Ally Switch was a rarity among Pokemon, but in the hands of a tricky fox like a Fennekin it could work wonders.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 21:28:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
"Splendid maneuver!" Remiel remarks, watching as Isaac's Falinks trick the opposing Grafaiai. Not wanting to be left out of the party, of course, the ambassador swiftly commands his Hisuian Typhlosion to enter the fray once more. "Once more, DRAIN PUNCH!"

Dusana swiftly takes the Grafaiai's flank, taking advantage of its distracted state to land an eerie punch. And, in a sudden and explosive burst of light, the crown above its head shatters. The world surrounding them dims once the terastallization is broken. Then, pulling an empty Luxury Ball out from his pack, Remiel casts it for a capture while the lemur is still reeling.

The ball shakes once... twice... thrice...

Then a small ding signals success.

Remiel proudly exhales, placing both hands on his hips as Dusana goes to fetch the ball in her mouth. "Well, that's that. We can bring this one back to the lab for study." He nods, turning to Isaac with a smile. "Nice work, my friend. This little quest of ours was enlightening."

CRYSTAL COURT

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 2:27:53 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Heh. Thanks," Isaac said, a victorious smirk on his face. He knew damn well that, when dealing with a fox, cutting them off from possible leverage was top priority. Giving them room to breathe was an easy way to end up buried under every cunning trick in the book.[break][break]

Apparently, without those tricks, the Grafaiai was helpless. Once Crash and the Boys knocked it out of the sky, Dusana was quick to finish the job. The Falinks whooped and cheered, running up to Miyuki and tossing the Fennekin up and down in an impromptu celebration. Lord British returned to Isaac's side, the Taunt's aggression ebbing out from the tension in his joints. With the battle over, it was time for Remiel to seal the deal.[break][break]

It was over. No Terastalization, no flash of light, no Pokeball repulsion, no way of eluding capture.[break][break]

"Seems like without that giant gem, it can't repel Pokeballs," Isaac pointed out. "Might be good to pass that along ASAP. If they're trying to be too delicate with the crystals, they might end up having trouble actually catching the dang things." There were plenty of other aspects of this mystery to study, but leave it to Isaac to jump right to the most practical concerns.[break][break]

With his limited scientific observations done, the time for basking in success was nigh! "Hey, you did damn good yourself," Isaac said, offering Remiel a fist. "And I'm not gonna lie. For my first time back in action since . . . well, everything . . . I couldn't have asked for a better mission. Thanks, man."[break][break]

If only he knew that his first mission may well be Remiel's last.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
CRYSTAL COURT
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2023 4:42:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: