thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 17:08:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"We lived," is echoed, firm.[break][break]

Temp answers him without words, at first, nudging him toward the toilet in a gesture that Gavin understands to mean your turn. He masks his relief at the opportunity to rest his weary muscles, limbs aching from battle and exertion. He lays his arm across the cool marble of the countertop, leaning his head back against the wall and closing his eyes in preparation of pain.[break][break]

"Doesn't have to be pretty."[break][break]

Most of his scars aren't. His own stitchwork is a product of many injuries tended to alone in a shitty Kanto apartment, the scars jagged and poorly healed as a result. He had long since abandoned the vanity of attempting to cover those scars with tattoos, the faded ink on his left arm the product of ancient history. He wears his scars with something akin to pride, now, a mark of survival.[break][break]

Though he forces his mangled right arm to relax, the fingers of his left curl into a tight fist as Temp starts his work. Deep breaths are pulled through his nose, weight shifting as he adjusts.[break][break]

"Mm," he affirms, once he's acclimated to the pain. "Yes, I will."[break][break]

He doesn't apologize. Temp had known what he was getting into, entering a relationship with an underboss who'd been married first to his work. But there's a note of regret in his tone, unvoiced.[break][break]

He wants nothing more than to stay home, to hold his husband close.[break][break]

After, he tells himself. Then, aloud, "We've got all the time in the world, now."[break][break]

His laughter is strangled by pain, but genuine. He knows me too well. "I'll make something quick," he promises. "For both of us."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 18:22:08 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"You will make something quick?" It's accented by the snip of scissors slicing through thread. A quick tie off before the next spot is moved to.

"Nuh-uh. You are going to get your butt in the shower and I'll go heat us something up." It would be easy enough to toss some stuff in a pot and make some rice. Then when was done and they had filled empty bellies, he could come shower.

Temp got to stay home and relax in bed after this. Gavin did not. So, Temp wasn't going to let the man he loved run himself ragged on his account.

"Leave your pokemon you had on you here and I'll check them up when I see to mine." No rest for the wicked but he saw his task as much easier. "Is Lugia going to stay here or go with you? If you have her promise not to eat me, I'll go give her some medicine too."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 18:48:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

He'd learned more than how to patch up wounds, in Kanto. He'd learned how to take care of himself in spite of those wounds, as well, had spent the better part of a year learning how to use his right hand when his left hand been mutilated. He'd learned how to repair various problems with his shitty apartment and how to cook on a budget. He'd learned how to be self-sufficient, because there'd been no one else to look out for him, back then.[break][break]

The set of his jaw is stubborn, as if he'd been about to protest, before his expression softens with affection and relief.[break][break]

"Okay," he relents. His nose scrunches as thread pulls at skin. "I love you."[break][break]

Temp's injuries are worse than his own, but Gavin knows his husband will have the luxury of taking it easy in the aftermath. There is no rest for an underboss. He could certainly delegate any physically strenuous tasks to those beneath him, but he still had to work. Not because would demand it, but because Gavin himself would not allow himself to shirk his duties even in the wake of injury. Kanto had taught him those lessons, as well. He would ensure he was irreplaceable in his dedication.[break][break]

"Lugia does as she pleases," says Gavin, fond. "But she won't eat you. She likes you." Emma had feared her, actively encouraged Gavin to keep distance from her, and Theo had seen her as a tool. Temp treated her with respect. The bar had been set pretty low, and he'd leapt it. "I think she's in the Bay, right now," meaning Sootopolis' bay, her favourite resting place, "but if she comes up, feel free to check up on her."[break][break]

He hangs his pokeball belt on an empty towel rack in compliance with the other request, frowning at a particularly old luxury ball. It had been well cared for despite its age, but the black sheen has faded to a deep gray.[break][break]

"I'm particularly worried about Faolan," he admits. "Can't have been easy to come back with all the stress and anger around. He's sensitive; all Lucario are. Could you keep an eye on him?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 19:52:25 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp has a brow raised as if he is just daring to try and argue. But that melts into a pleased look when the other relents. He is quick to get his work done; tucking and tugging torn skin whole. An easy wipe down before Temp tried to lean over and press a kiss to his husband's forehead.

"I love you, too, Cill." Is whispered into his hair before Temp pulls back and away.

"I'll check her out later, then." The news that Lugia liked him perked him up some. The wild ride on her shadowed back had been as awe inspiring as it had been terrifying. Maybe if he kept treating her right, she'd allow Gavin to take him on a trip just to show off.

Temp collects towels and soaps so Gavin doesn't have to get up. Starts the shower so the water can warm. It's familiar habit that feels nice to complete.

"I'll keep an eye out. My dogs will be curious, too." Most of them had never met Faolan. New canines could be trouble depending on personalities. Thankfully, his pups were pretty calm. "I think you'll need to sit down with him yourself. He's been, uh... gone a while." "gone" comes out like a question. Temp isn't really sure what to call the fantastic events that defied death.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 20:23:10 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Upon first moving to Kanto, Gavin had marveled at how quickly the water had warmed on account of the pipes not enduring winter's freeze. In Hoenn, it takes even less time, and the water's already hot when he sticks his stitched-up arm under the spray to rinse the blood from his skin. A soft, pleased note rises in his throat, and he gets up carefully so as not to become dizzy.[break][break]

"I intend to," Gavin assures his husband, "but not as soon as I'd like. He can understand you if you speak to him, just like Niamh could."[break][break]

While most Pokémon could understand commands and intentions, Lucario were one of the species that could comprehend human speech on a different level. It was part of the reason Gavin had grown so fond of the Riolu who'd become his first companion. He would talk to Faolan, then unnamed, about anything and everything — and the pup would listen. Faolan knew more of Gavin's trauma than anyone. Even his husband had yet to pry the worst of it from him, but Faolan knew it all.[break][break]

Yet nothing compared to the comfort offered by Temp's mere presence, and Gavin pulls him close for a quick kiss. He could not often convey gratitude properly with words, but he pours it all into this simple gesture before stepping into the shower.[break][break]

"I won't be long," he promises, then slides the glass shut.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 23:25:32 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
A soft hum. Temp leans into the kiss as he grabs for 's discarded belt, then his own. He'd need to do something about the capsule with Ember's body; while Shocker had been lucky enough to be revived, the Flareon had not been at that border.

"I'll grab Skipper and see if that put him at ease. Yell if you need anything."

Then Temp exits the room. He sighs and heads to the kitchen, his body sore but still thruming with energy. Whenever he crashes he will sleep so good.

Placing the belts on the kitchen table, Temp gives a nod to Clover. A simple soup is made- just vegetable. Spiced rice with eggs, an easy fix as well, isn't the typical pairing with this meal. But it'll do for now.

As the food cooks, Temp walks over to the door by the pool and slides it open. A flood of canines come inside, some his own and some Gavin's. Some of them stop to sniff at him as they pass.

Skipper, his Riolu, darts up. Next to it is a... weird little dog. It looked kind of like a sweet, except burned. Temp has no idea what it is. It seems to be a puppy that wags it's tail up at him.

"Huh." Leaning over, he scoops up Skipper and the odd pokemon. He drops them both on the counter with Clover to look at in a minute. After he served the food.

When Gavin came back, he'd find the food waiting on him. Skipper would be sitting on his rump, the plump Riolu munching on an apple. The other pokemon had curled up and now just looked like a pile of dessert on the table.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 14:34:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Faolan is guarded by nature, the Lucario's severe personality developed amidst the foundations of war. The house into which he is released is unfamiliar to him, yet Gavin's scent is everywhere ⁠— as well as that of a particular blue-furred werewolf that Faolan greets with a soft huff. He'd known it since it was a Rockruff GIFTED to his master by Emma; her scent is absent in this place. There are traces of another Lucario, female, and of two male Riolu he doesn't know.[break][break]

Faolan growls low in his throat. Had he been replaced?[break][break]

It would seem Temp might have more of a problem on his hands than he'd anticipated, unless he could find the right words to calm the jackal.[break][break][break]

In the shower, Gavin leans his back against the wall and simply lets the spray wash over him for a long time, heat soothing sore muscles and water washing blood and grime down the drain.[break][break]

He emerges smelling of body wash rather than battle, dresses in clean clothes and feels almost himself again. But he is still so, so tired. He can feel it in his bones, see it reflected in the mirror by dark shadows under his eyes. He scowls at his reflection as he fixes his hair, the movements of his right arm ginger.[break][break]

He hadn't realised his own hunger until the smell hits him upon exiting the bedroom, mouth watering and stomach growling.[break][break]

Faolan barks, sharp, and Gavin picks up on his anger immediately.[break][break]

Amber eyes fall on the pudgy Riolu with his apple, and he laughs.[break][break]

"No one could replace you." Niamh had tried to fill those paws but though he'd loved her dearly, she was not the same. "Skipper, Faolan. Now you know each other. Stop looking at him like he's lunch."[break][break]

Faolan. It's the first time the Lucario's heard his name.[break][break]

Gavin steps up behind Temp and presses a kiss to the hollow of his neck, just because he can. There is nothing rough about it, no intention behind the gesture but closeness and affection in the wake of their stress.[break][break]

"Smells good," he says of the food. "Thanks, love."[break][break]

Having grown up checking every apple for Applin and dessert for Alcremie, suspicious eyes narrow in on the interloper. He might've mistaken it for dessert if not for the fact that Temp would've had no time to prepare something like that, and he'd put it on a plate if he had. His husband wasn't an animal, but this very well could be.[break][break]

"Is that a Pokémon?" He prods it with a finger. Squishy.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 17:54:11 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp sleepily sits at the counter. He hums and accepts the kiss, leaning back some for that press of skin. Its appreciated; they're both too tired to do much but the affirmation of love and affection feels nice. Soup is sipped with languid movements as adrenaline fades more and more. It's left him more sore than anticipated; nothing some medicine and sleep couldn't fix.

"Replace?" He glances over at the Lucario, brow raised. But it quickly slips into an easy smile. "You know how much this big lug has mourned you? He couldn't even if he tried." A tongue stuck out at before he turns back to his meal.

Skipper's tail starts to thump idly on the table when he hears his name; the puppy had not even realized that there was any chance of danger. Mouth full, he waddles to feet and picks up another apple. Hopping from the counter, he toddles over to Faolan and offers the larger pokemon the fruit. His tail wags as he blinks up at the other with sleepy, friendly eyes.

Night and day. Where Faolan was shaped by war, Skipper had only known love and peace and kindness. He was soft.

At the mention of the pokemon on the table, Temp just shrugs.

"It came in when I let the dogs in. Seems harmless." The Fidough lifts a sleepy head when Gavin pokes him. Leaning over he sniffs the man's finger before giving it a few licks.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 0:39:53 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

There is a wariness to Faolan as he regards his master's new partner. His aura is different than those of Gavin's other chosen humans. Theo's had felt thick from repressed memories, Emma's sharp with suspicion. Temp's aura feels softer, gentler, but with a strength to it that the jackal acknowledges with a flick of his ears. Gavin's aura had changed, too — and not just in the obvious ways, with Lugia's corrupt influence shrouding its edges. There is less fear. There are soft parts that had once been guarded with a cutting edge.
[break][break]

He can feel Gavin's affection for him, too, in ways the man had struggled to express before. He grumbles, then chuffs.
[break][break]

Though he cannot speak with words, Gavin knows his long-time partner enough to know this as acceptance, however reluctant. When Skipper approaches with friendly eyes and pudgy paws holding out an apple in offering, Faolan accepts.
[break][break]

It's a start.
[break][break]

The dessert-dog licks Gavin's fingers, and he allows it for a moment before stepping over to the sink to wash his hands before the meal.
[break][break]

"Have you given it a name?"
[break][break]

Gavin's still getting used to naming Pokémon; most of his bear none, and Faolan's name had been chosen posthumously.
[break][break]

Soup soothes a rumbling stomach, and Gavin takes care not to eat too fast. With all the adrenaline and stress, he'd make himself sick.
[break][break]

"You'll call me if you need anything." It's spoken like an order in between bites. "I'll make time. And I want you to rest. Don't try to do everything yourself 'cause I'm a little scratched up." Temp had it worse, but his husband's worst affliction was his bleeding heart.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights