pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 17:43:00 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
It's hours later when they get back from Pyre.

The war-zone doesn't stop when the battle is over for someone like . So it hadn't stopped for Temp, who had refused to leave his side as soon as the two of them had met back up. There hadn't been talking about it. Too much to do, too much for Gavin to make sure was in line. People to whip into place. So Temp had stood behind with his arms crossed and a snarl at whoever would look at him. No mood to chat.

Agitation rumbled up and down his spine. It would be clear as day for Gavin to see something eating Temp up inside. Other than the most basic of care, he'd refused healing for his wounds. Had stuck to his husband like glue. It might even be stifling.

It's tense as they cross the doorway to their home.

Gavin won't have much of a chance for anything before Temp is on him.

As soon as the door is clicked shut, he would grab for the other's collar. Use what was left of his dwindling energy to slam the other against the door. Lean in and bite into his mouth. It's not sweet or kind. It's savage and claiming, more a battle than a kiss; he takes blood with him when he parts, mixing with his own from the wound reopened on his mouth.

"I thought you died."

His face twists into one of sadness as a few tears gather in the corners of his eyes. Temp tries to grab Gavin into a tight hug, bury his face in the other's neck, smell the sweat and blood and grit that showed he was alive.

It was worry and not anger he had been feeling the whole time.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 18:49:46 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

There had been no time to talk. No time to process Faolan's return.[break][break]

No time, and yet all the time in the world, now that their world was saved. Gavin's head is spinning with it — relief. He cares not for how many others they'd damned in the process; they were alive, and that was all that mattered.[break][break]

He chalks Temp's rage up to Winter. He'd been angry, too.[break][break]

At least the bastard is dead.[break][break]

He is distant as they return to the house. Drained, distracted. It's why he doesn't probe into his husband's foul mood, figures they'll have plenty of time to talk about it at home. They're not two steps in the door when Temp's grabs him by the collar and slams him up against the wall. There's no preamble, no warning, and in a post-battle haze where so much had reminded him of Kanto, the first thing Gavin feels is fear. Instinctual, a chill down his spine, before lips meet his own with no resistance and teeth cut flesh and oh.[break][break]

He gasps against his husband's mouth, tastes blood on his tongue.[break][break]

Not yet, he wants to say, but he's still recovering from the shock.[break][break]

Temp's words register belated.[break][break]

"Oh."[break][break]

Soft with realisation. The primal point. The explosion. .[break][break]

Gavin shakes his head.[break][break]

"No, I—" Temp's hug is crushing. Painful, with his wounds, but welcomed. His return of the embrace is ginger on account of his injured arm, yet no less heartfelt. "Walsh. He saved me." There's a strange note in Gavin's tone, as if he still can't quite believe it. Had he really been suspicious of his boss without cause? "I'm fine, love. I'm here."[break][break]

Fingers red with dried blood and grey with ash card through Temp's hair as the other buries his head against Gavin's neck. He doesn't want to let go, but...[break][break]

"You're hurt. Bedroom. I'll get the first aid."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twtgm] --accent: #765d75; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 19:05:48 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp gives one last rib crushing squeeze before he eases his grip. A small huff; fresh blood oozes slowly down his chin from the cut on his face.

Temp is in rough shape. The Spacial Rend had sliced the shit out of him. There is a limp from where Iron Barbs had hooked in deep through his clothes before he could rip them out. His clothes are basically destroyed, barely hanging on his frame in a few spots. Blood is cracked and caked under his nails.

Yet, still, he dares to pout up at Gavin.

"You need it, too." Petulant. He glances at the various wounds and sores that were ailing the other.

"Let's get you patched up. I've had worse." Temp had not had worse.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 19:54:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"I do," Gavin agrees, for his battlefield tactic of binding the wounds caused by 's Altaria was nowhere near the proper attention they needed. His eyes narrow at Temp's deflection. "Bullshit."[break][break]

The Darkest Day had been worse, perhaps, in that it had nearly killed him. The words were not technically untrue, and yet...[break][break]

"I've had worse. We can worry about me later."[break][break]

He doesn't linger for further argument, jerking his head in the vague direction of their room and leading the way. The dogs mill around the house with a restless energy, sensing the stress of its occupants though they didn't know the cause.[break][break]

The first-aid kit stored in their bathroom is retrieved, gauze and various implements laid out on the side-table.[break][break]

"I can stitch up the majority," Gavin says over the sound of running water as he washes blood and grime from his hands, "but you'll want to have that lip one looked at in medical. It'll be a hell of a scar."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

[newclass=.twtgm] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-family: arial; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twtgm .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 20:00:49 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp makes another vague noise as if to argue but does do as he's told. He peels off the scraps left of his clothes; bits stick to him in places and he winces. While Faolen had done a nice job with the Heal Pulse to start the closing of the wounds, the fast acting properties had gotten things stuck inside that would rather not be there.

He drops what he wears and it makes a moist noise, which makes Temp wrinkle his nose.

While, yes, not nearly as bad as the Darkest Day, the cuts were long and deep. He trusted to put him back together, though, and sat down on the cold porcelain of the toilet so the other could get to work.

Temp rubs the cut on his lip a bit, smearing blood as he does so.

"Do you think it'll make me mysterious and sexy?" He's still tense, nerves still in place, but they're shaking loose slowly. Making into something a little more manic, that both wants to run around the house full speed in celebration but also make him curl up in bed and sleep for days.

They're alive. They lived.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 20:15:29 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin's jaw clenches as he takes in the extent of his husband's injuries, a mixture of anger and concern warring in the storm of his gaze before he blinks it away. There was no use holding onto that anger; Winter was dead.[break][break]

And we're not.[break][break]

Scarred hands are gentle but firm as Gavin sets to work removing debris from the wounds, disinfecting as he goes. He can imagine the pain, knows pride in the other for how well he takes it. There was a difference between pleasurable pain and the agony of war. Gavin understood that more than most.[break][break]

"Stop touching it," Gavin scolds. "If it gets infected you'll be the kind of mysterious they put in horror movies."[break][break]

After a beat, when the flash of concern-induced irritation passes, he says, "You're already sexy. But I like your scars."[break][break]

When Gavin touches the wound, it's to clean it out.[break][break]

"I'm sorry about Shocker."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 20:33:31 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp does listen without argument this time, at least. He removes his hand from digging into the wound and allows to work him over.

"You don't understand. There is this guy I really like. I want him to think I'm a stud." The mood keeps swinging like a pendulum, from joy at survival to whatever it was now. It's not either of their faults. It had been high stress and so far there had been little to no relief from it.

Gavin mentions Shocker. For a second it takes him time to connect the dots, a lot had happened today, before he grips his husband's wrists to pull them away from his face. Temp is careful not to squeeze or hurt the already damaged area; but he does press a soft kiss to Gavin's palms.

"Hang on I... here." Leaning over, he grabs what was left of his pants, digging into the pockets.

Shocker's pokeball sits in his hand. He expands it. Where Gavin might expect the dead body to pop out when Temp activates it, instead the Jolteon is alive and well. Shocker tilts his head and yips at them curiously before sniffing at Gavin's legs and trotting off.

"My mom had him."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 21:09:19 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Though his husband often makes him laugh, today Temp earns only a tired smile in response to his antics. Gavin doesn't have the energy to laugh, not yet. He can feel the exhaustion like lead in his bloodstream.[break][break]

Gavin's brow furrows in confusion at the odd response to his apology, but no verbal protest is offered.[break][break]

A pokeball is pressed into his palm. Gavin's throat closes up.[break][break]

"Temp..."[break][break]

But he presses the button to release the capsule's contents, and a living, breathing Jolteon appears at his feet. He bends down to inspect the resurrected creature, carding fingers through static-stiff fur.[break][break]

It makes sense, he supposes. Faolan had come back.[break][break]

"Your mum?" He struggles with the words. "Is she...?"

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 21:14:11 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
Temp shakes his head.

"When I thought I saw you die, I ran up the mountain to where you were. She was there with Shocker." Temp leans over to give the Jolteon a quick pat on the head.

"She told me she was proud of me and she loved me. Then she left."

Temp had been in shock. He's just been attacked. Then he thought had died. Then his mom was there and revived his dead dog...

"I don't think I've really processed it. A lot of shit happened. I'll probably be more upset about it later."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2022 22:09:23 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

Gavin can only imagine what Temp is feeling.[break][break]

See, he doesn't have a good relationship with his parents. If he found out tomorrow that they'd died in Galar's own Darkest Day, he might find satisfaction in the news. He's never known loss in that way, nor the survivor's guilt he knows his husband carried.[break][break]

There's not much he can say in comfort, but he listens and nods.[break][break]

"We can talk about it when you're ready," he offers, at last. He returns to his careful tending of his lover's wounds. There's a silence before he speaks again. "I'm proud, too."[break][break]

He knows Temp has crossed a line he can't come back from, all for him.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 0:26:23 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
The pride is nice. After they rest, they can deal with any consequences from this attack then. That's for Future Temp to worry about. For now, he just relishes in the affection of his husband. How tender he is when he helps to close his wounds.

"It was a thrill to fight side by side with you. I only wish I could have beat more ass at the start." He hadn't really come into his own with the fighting until later, when a lot of people had already worn themselves down. He'd had the stamina to finish what he had been doing.

"What happened on your end after we were separated?"
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 1:04:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You stood up to ." There's a touch of tired amusement in Gavin's tone. She was a formidable foe and yet his husband had squared off against her without hesitation. "I'd have kissed you if it wouldn't have got us killed."[break][break]

Needle and thread knit torn flesh, methodical.[break][break]

"Had a couple of scraps." Gavin details his encounters with and . Of the latter, he says, "Was her Altaria that did this." Snipping the thread, he nods toward his own shoddily bandaged arm. "Was fighting near the peak when Winter showed up with Palkia." Stormclouds gather in his eyes at the thought of the now-deceased man, and he blinks them away. "Walsh grabbed me right before the Primal Point fired."[break][break]

That he may well have died without the Rocket Boss's intervention lingers, malignant, in the back of his thoughts. He refuses to acknowledge such a brush with mortality when the entire region had come close to being erased.[break][break]

"What happened with you? I saw you deck Winter."[break][break]

He smirks, then. He's especially proud of that.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 19:09:41 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"I'll make sure to pick more fights." But Temp just grinned, tugging at the new scar again as he did so. better hope that he was joking and didn't take the entirely wrong lesson from the promise of a kiss.

"Sounds like you got into more trouble than I did. After that duo and then Katherine, I was looking for someone to scrap with when the whole... well, whatever the fuck was going on. Saw Winter and he pissed me off so much I knew I had to get a good shot in while I could." A bit of a grumble. "Wish he hadn't slithered out of my grip. I was going to try and capture him... that's when I saw you 'die' and freaked out. Got Shocker back and saw mom. Then I saw that chain break and tried to go grab the pieces, but it just dissolved. Waste."

"We both had a hell of a time, didn't we?" He still almost lamented he didn't get to fight more. None of his pokemon even got to Mega Evolve.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,897 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 19:40:54 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twtgm"]
[attr="class","main"]

"You'll want to be careful with that wound until it's stitched up." He frowns at the weeping gash on his lover's lip. Much as it was a relief to see his husband smiling and laughing again, the injury stresses him.[break][break]

His own expression is morose, made more so by Temp's words.[break][break]

"We did."[break][break]

Taking off his glasses to clean the grime from their lenses, he brushes his thumb over the pin belonging to his KEYSTONE. Once his glasses are back on his face, he takes the LUCARIONITE from his pocket and rolls his between his fingers. He couldn't bring himself to give it up, even after Niamh had lost her life in the Darkest Day. He'd sworn off Lucario, heart hardened with grief.[break][break]

He'd have a use for the MEGA STONE after all.[break][break]

Patching up the last of his husband's injuries that could be dealt with at home, he winces as he unwinds the blazer from his own arm and fabric snags against the jagged edges of the wounds. Blood spills anew, dripping red over the sink.[break][break]

"You know how to stitch a wound?"[break][break]

He could do it himself, but it'd be much harder.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
🔗 Post PAAA

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,632 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
chew you
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 16:32:23 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
"But we lived" Is repeated. And Temp will say it again and again and again until the thrill of it wears off. Until it feels real and not like he's walking through some hazy dream.

Temp doesn't answer the second question in words. He only gives a little grunt as he forces weary muscles to stand. Gently, Temp tries to shoo to be the one sitting down. Alcohol and fresh thread and needle is prepped.

"'Course I can." With as many fights as he gets into, it's far easier to stitch something up yourself than bother with a doctor over every little thing. "Might not be as pretty as your work."

And Temp sets to work. His previous words promise a rough job but he moves with a delicate and soft touch, even with his stiff fingers, not wanting to cause his husband any more pain than was needed. He allows the silence to sit between them for a few moments, comfortable.

"You'll have to go back out after we're done, won't you?" The idea of his bed being cold again tonight, of licking his wounds alone, made Temp sad. But, it was a reality he had accepted.

He gives a little wink to the other, playful.

"If you think you're getting back out of this house without eating something you're crazy."
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights