TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:14:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

NEVERLETGO OF THE NEVERMELTICE

“DOES OCCUPATION MATTER?”

now, he gives her his full attention. only one eye rests on her but the way his body turns, the way it faces her directly, puts her in his spotlight.

people are many things. you see a rock star, i see someone who has the power to defeat eight gyms in less than a year. both were true at the time.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:25:08 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"In an ideal reality, no."
[break][break]

Anyone would be able to do anything, as long as they held the power to achieve their goals. But nowadays, the matter wasn't as black and white as one would think. Now more than ever, there were emotions attached to these mundane news updates. And, when it comes down to emotions and personal thoughts, forgetting details like someone's gym badge count became easier.
[break][break]

"But just one month ago, most of the region thought their lives were going to end. If you were at home, fearing your own child's future, wouldn't you grow a bit skeptical when the league introduces yet another new member to their ranks -- replacing a known local hero with some rockstar?"
[break][break]

She paused.
[break][break]

"Or would you think, 'oh don't worry, he has all eight gym badges. We'll be safe under him.'?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:33:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“NO.”

his tongue clicks in both disdain and carelessness.

i would be doing everything in my power to protect myself and the people i care about. such as joining our understaffed rangers and officers.

and he immediately regrets it. like a bad tic, he can’t help himself. his mouth immediately goes dry. coarse and uncomfortable.

especially as someone who has less than eight badges.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:42:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

There he goes again, putting down the people around him, as if their merit could be reduced to a mere badge count.
[break][break]
"And that is exactly why the public finds it so hard to put their trust in you."
[break][break]
Penelope's eyes narrowed as her voice grew colder than the howling breeze. She could never get used to a man who lacked as much empathy as .
[break][break]
"Tell me -- power, strength, results -- what good is it all if you can't use it to persuade others to your side?"
[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:45:54 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“…”

her question is met with an awkward stare. his nose wrinkles and rather than confront her outright, he looks to his right, then his left. looking around as if searching for something before he finally looks straight up in to the sky.

well, it can stop a meteor from exterminating all life in the region.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:59:25 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Was it one's individual power that dealt with the meteor," she fired back, "Or the work of trainers, beyond just those registered to The League, who were pushed to put their trust in the commissioner's plan and  sign up to defend their region from destruction?"
[break][break]
She gave the words some room to breathe before continuing.
[break][break]
"The thing is: we're not always going to have a world-ending meteor to persuade people to put their trust under us and fight on our side. The more we alienate them, the more they'll turn to an organization like Rocket for answers."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 4:09:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“IT WAS THE LEAGUE,” he answers without hesitance. “and its associates.

her words do little to reach him. no matter how hard she pressed, no matter how hard she believes, she cannot reach him with faith alone. for fernando does not believe in those who are adamant about being wrong.

he only believes in the truth. no matter how hard others deny it.

no. we won’t,” is his agreeance.

METENO is over.

instead, we have the continued destruction of our fabric of reality, the hostile and invasive forces of several dimensions, an organization that looks to end our existence, and the still present threat of a multiversal end due to the ORIGIN POINT.

the fact she uses rocket as a crutch shows how feeble she truly is.

if people are willing to join an organization that is willing to kill themselves just to stop us from saving the world, then they are better set as a clear and upfront opponent.” the accusation lies behind his eye patch. “than hide in our shadow and jeopardize us when it matters most.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 4:54:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The fact that he dismissed the root cause of organizations like Rocket being able to siphon power from The League showed how far removed he'd become.
[break][break]

How lonely it must be, Penelope mused to herself, to sit on the icy throne for so long. Going day by day, with a world's burdens on his shoulder. Had it not been for his persistent habit of dismissing the words of those around him and revering his own as the one and only truth, the councilwoman might've felt sympathy for the man.
[break][break]

Instead, she only sighed and continued to fight back his cynical worldview.
[break][break]

"No matter how right you think you are, it means nothing if no one listens. Yes, dealing with those matters is far more paramount for our survival, but don't you ever consider why people are -- as you said -- joining an organization that is willing to kill themselves just to stop us from saving the world?"
[break][break]

Her fingers curled and uncurled again, shaking off the frost that had accumulated at her fingertips.
[break][break]

"I'm not saying we need to direct all of our attention to playing the PR game. We have far too much on our plate for that. But, I don't think it'd hurt to learn to employ empathy for those we serve to protect. To understand their worries, and why they criticize us, even when it's unwarranted. "
[break][break]

"Without their support, we can't win. Not against Rocket, or Sea Hoenn, or any of the other threats aimed our way."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 5:38:33 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

I DO.

he waits for her to finish the rest of her thoughts before the employs his own.

i wonder why our head scientist would attack one of the only machines that are capable of warping METENO away from destroying our region.

i wonder why a room of hoenn’s best and brightest would say that our best plan is to send the meteor to a dimension we do not have access to.

i wonder why someone would charge straight into an army of megalopolans only to die and open up our world to an invading army.

i wonder why a local folk hero would obstruct a known and decorated councilman from apprehending a high ranking rocket operative.

he wets his lips, dry from his talking, and bears through the sudden chill. what comfort they give him quickly dies out, expunged by the uplifting winds. these icelands are supposed to be still. dead. but somehow they pick new life. a growing buffet to quiet the disturbance that encroaches on these hollowed lands.

do you approve of ?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 3:58:18 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope had to fight the urge to flinch at his words. Each instance felt like a slap to the face, with the final being a blow straight to her chest. By the end of it, all of the wind had been knocked out of her.
[break][break]
Finally, without a response to retort with, she allowed the wind to act as her answer, howling over their heads with the anguish of hundreds of lost souls.
[break][break]
"?" She blinked in surprise. . Beyond her early criticism towards AQUA's original plan to deal with the Meteor, with everything that's happened since her appointment, it'd been a while since she's had a second to consider the commissioner's position.
[break][break]
"It's hard to say. Joining The League has definitively given me some perspective," She offered, finally allowing her lips back into a polite smile. "But I've never been a fan of how she's run things."
[break][break]
"Why? What do you think of her?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 4:41:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“AH,” fernando hums with mild approval. “ignorance tends to crumble once we mature enough to admit we don’t know what we don’t know.

even fernando understands his tendency to speak with ambiguity. it’s the lead cause of miscommunication and confusion with others. so, he clarifies his point with a slanted, “i hope you mature nicely throughout your tenure.

as for his thoughts on the comissioner, they’re not unlike her own. at least, they were in the beginning. although they stem from different reasons, fernando has long acclimated to both her administration and the populace of a foreign land.

i think—

he pauses.

—anyone else would have quit the moment we went from facing a criminal organization to alien invaders. and, as long as her opinions do not stray too far from my own, that is enough for me.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 5:15:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Something about the way he mentioned Penelope, a twenty-nine-year-old woman, 'maturing' nearly made her face scrunch up in disdain. But, alas, she could only assume it to be positive. Better than the alternative.
[break][break]
"I wish the same to you," She smiled, referring to what they spoke of earlier. Maybe, with some new faces joining the ranks, they could teach ol' jack frost here how to feel empathy. Or, at the very least, speak as though he felt any. Or, maybe, they'd continue on this way til their departure, arguing emotions versus logic.
[break][break]
"I can agree with that."
[break][break]
Penelope's eyes flicked back over to the endless blanket of white that spanned all around them. Internally, a small question continued to nag her, forcing her to continue, despite wanting to withdraw back into the silence and let the cold rush through her.
[break][break]
"...I'm curious. What are your nonnegotiable?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 5:21:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“ANY DECISION THAT WILL LEAD TO THE DESTRUCTION OR DECAY OF HOENN.”

which is both a complex and simple answer. it hinges on the very front of what fernando present himself as and cuts out the bloatware that comes with the position. what that actually means is nuanced but to claim such a thing also presents every choice he makes is for hoenn’s well being.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 5:40:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Fair enough."
[break][break]
An answer befitting a politician and businessman like himself. Penelope had no choice but to nod and accept the ambiguous answer, with more layers than one, and hope, with time, perhaps she'd be able to peel back the nuance of its simplicity.
[break][break]
Finally, she glanced back at the cold councilman. Despite how close he stood to her, the man bundled in cloth looked as distant as ever, spanning miles away from herself. But maybe, with this small agreeance, she could look to close that gap. One footstep at a time. If she could only learn to understand him, their future as coworkers didn't have to be a painful one.
[break][break]
"At least we found two points two which we can agree," She smiled, breaking the silence, "even if they're a little...basic. It's something."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,741 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 23:28:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

HE STANDS THERE. silent. alone in the world she perpetuates for him until the wind demands something more. once the howls die down, he looks back to her.

do you think anyone in the league disagrees with that notion?