Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2022 21:45:05 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The silent icelands.
[break][break]
Blanketed by the frozen rage of a Pokémon whose sheer power made the entire region tremble beneath his step, the once grassland of Oldale remained locked in time itself, as nearly no movement broke through the snow.
[break][break]
When Penelope first read the reports, she didn't want to believe them. And yet, here she stood, near the center of its devastation, with nothing more than a heavy winter's coat to shield her skin from the aftereffects.
[break][break]
"I still can't believe it," She thought out loud, more to herself than the councilman beside her, "It's like something out of a nightmare."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
mission [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 1:46:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

NEVERLETGO OF THE NEVERMELTICE

“NOT THE LIGHT WORK YOU EXPECTED WHEN JOINING THE COUNCIL, HM, LIVY?”

fernando has made the icelands his home away from home. an environment drastically altered by a creature that has no business being in their dimension. to some, he’ll explain it as his method of adapting to the possibility of a more drastic shift should KYRUEM return. something simple but plausible enough to refute further inquiry.

the truth lie more in the shade that this place holds an unnatural umbrage. silence is golden and this place is an oasis he could never run dry. the quiet allows him a chance to play with his own inner monologue. dissect and digest his thought as the temperature numbs fresh bruises.

hopefully, an insider’s perspective shows you why our priorities lie in the threats themselves rather than the aftermath of such disasters.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 3:30:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Just to be clear, I never thought it'd be light work, but..." She pursed her lips, eyes fixated on the frozen wasteland that enveloped them. In stark contrast to the tranquility her partner felt, Penelope could only associate the silent icelands with the hellish reality that awaited Hoenn, should they allow the world to continue to beat them into submission. "You're right. I never expected this."
[break][break]

The councilwoman's face crinkled at his words.
[break][break]

"Don't use this as an excuse to lecture me, Fernando. I'm fully aware of the importance of prioritization." She glanced back at him, eyes narrowed into a heated glare. "I just don't use it as an excuse to shrug off the need for relief."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:03:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

THE HEAT OF HER GLARE dies in the permafrost of hoenn’s newfound winter. it takes more than the supernovae of some lukewarm conviction to pierce the resilience of their failure. the pokemon trapped here remain a testament of what they could not prevent and what is still to come.

do you think you can beat this kyruem?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:08:21 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"We have to beat it," she reminded him, cocking an eyebrow at his question. While he appeared hellbent to use this eternal winter as living proof of their failure, Penelope sought to look toward their very existence as evidence of their success.
[break][break]

They were breathing. They were alive. Could he not see that? Or did he refuse to ever recognize anything positive in life?
[break][break]

"Unless you think we're already doomed?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:12:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“NOT US,” he corrects. “you.

do you think you can beat kyruem?

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:16:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I didn't know I was facing the world alone."
[break][break]
Her arms crossed over her chest.
[break][break]
"But, no, I don't think I can beat it by myself. Is that what you want me to say?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:27:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“FAIR ENOUGH.”

her answer keeps him complacent. “i don’t think i can either,” he chimes in for good measure.

what about groudon? it’s much smaller, comparatively.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:35:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Alone," she repeated again, eyeing him cautiously, "I don't think I can take down any of the legendaries."
[break][break]

"I'm not exactly the best at battling."
[break][break]

Though, she was getting there. Somewhat.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 4:56:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“LEGENDARY POKEMON ARE STILL POKEMON.”

all he hears is excuses. that their classification is enough to dissuade her from even the slight most confidence. this sentiment, even despite her specialty of lack thereof, is why he despises the notion of the AQUA INITIATIVE. for what they now usher as champions is an excuse for the masses to treat as scapegoats.

not unlike a certain reporter.

then how about ? or me, even?

his eyes narrow.

i could take groudon, if that helps your judgement.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 5:29:01 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Congratulations," She scoffed back, holding her glare against his icy replies, "But not all of us are part-time gym leaders with years worth of experience on the front lines."
[break][break]

Before this, she was a reporter, and before that, a college student. Other than the rare practice match between friends, there hadn't been many occasions where battling became the obvious solution. Even now, under the pressures of a new job with new responsibilities, empowering her own prowess in battle was the least of her concerns.
[break][break]

Well, maybe that was becoming a lie now.
[break][break]

"If you're asking me if I believe in , or , or any of our other gym leaders or elite 4 members, then let me clarify that I do. But I won't apologize for being unable to take down a pokemon who literally possesses the ability to expand continents."
[break][break]

If this was a lead-up to something grander than themselves, then it was a poorly thought-out one.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 5:39:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“OH,” she catches him off guard. “no, not them against groudon. i too believe in them and know their rough battle levels."

the urge to click his tongue is buried under the open air. wetting his lips now will only chap them well before they return.

i meant you against them. well, and me. you can add to the equation if you want.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 2:37:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh." Her sudden, singular response mirrored his, as realization of her misunderstanding clicked into place.
[Break][break]
Damn these frozen Iceland's. They made it too cold to think straight.
[Break][break]
"Well, either way, my answer doesn't change. I can't beat kyruem, or Groudon, or you, or , or even ."
[Break][break]
Truth be told, the admittance stung her tongue, as for once, she actually dreaded the mentioning of her lackluster strength.
[Break][break]
She sighed. The frosty remnants of her breath encircled her cheeks and she idly curled and uncurled her fingers to fight the biting cold.
[Break][break]
"I'm well aware of my lacking capabilities in combat. I don't need a reminder.
[Break][break]
So just get on with your point.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,752 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 2:50:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“THAT’S FINE,” fernando accepts with little tug in either direction. “not everyone is a battler. in fact, i would say those are some of the strongest pokemon and trainers in this region.

he inhales sharply, sniffling against the winter weather.

the league received a lot of public criticism in regards to ’s position as an elite four. i had to personally vouch for him to quell such sentiments. he and , among many of the league’s members, proved essential to saving our region from METENO.

he clasps his hands together, bringing them to his mouth, exhaling into the small cove to keep his ungloved hands warm.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 3:08:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"there will always be critics," said the critic herself, in a cruel twist of irony. Who would've thought, 10 months ago, she'd be able to say that to a councilman.
[Break][Break]
"It's good that the public has high expectations of us. They should. Even I would be a bit skeptical of a rockstar joining The League, especially after necrozma. With their contributions during Meteno now being known," Something Penelope made sure of, " I'm sure many of those skeptics will see that their doubts were misplaced."
[Break][Break]
And maybe, in seeing that, they'd be able to scoop up an ounch of their favor back. Inch by inch, The League could regain the lost trust of their citizens.

[break][break]