Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,730 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2022 23:45:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She blinked.
[Break][break]
"I hope not. But, either way, I think it's sometimes worthwhile to remind ourselves that we're all striving for the same thing. Even if we go about it in different ways."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 0:45:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

NEVERLETGO OF THE NEVERMELTICE

WHERE SHE BLINKS, he does not. a nifty trick he’s learned now that doing so irritates his empty socket. just one of the few prices he’s paid to protect hoenn.

an interesting take you have then—

his hand shuffles into his pocket and produces an already open carton of cigarettes. only one is missing but he offers her a take before he indulges on his own.

i won’t commit to saying who in the league does not care about hoenn but i know the league does not.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,730 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 3:52:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Frowning, she instinctively reached out for the open carton, taking one between her slender fingers before offering a simple nod of gratitude. With it hanging from her fingers, she patiently waited for him to move for the lighter.
[break][break]

"Is that so."
[break][break]

It was hard for her mind to crawl to any concrete guesses, especially given her short tenure thus far. But that only made her all the more curious.
[break][break]

"Are these facts, or assumptions based on their actions?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 4:10:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“THOSE ARE YOUR WORDS,” he brandishes. the glint of stainless steel sits between the nook of his fingers. just last month, a DEOXYS CORE shared the same fate. fortunately, this time there’s no one to beat him over the head for it.

reporter penelope livy declares the league does not care about hoenn and its people,” he states while working his lighter. it takes him three clicks to get the flame to ignite. he extends it toward her first, shedding some light onto his stance about her career change.

but councilman livy can’t name a single person who fits such a description. how fascinating.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,730 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 4:46:54 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Ah, so that's what you're going for."
[break][break]

Another gotcha.
[break][break]

Because why find common ground when you can test the very foundations of one's agreed partnership?
[break][break]

"I thought we were past this already," she sighed, extending her arm to let the end of the bud catch light. Once it did, she'd allow the stick to hover inches from her lips, taunting her with its promise of warmth and temporary relief. If only she could extend that promise into a lifetime's worth of supply. "It isn't as simple as who does or doesn't care for Hoenn. Even if one's intentions are good, if their actions suggests otherwise, it creates a net negative for the region."
[break][break]

Penelope couldn't help but think of the instances Fernando had brought up earlier. The head scientist who attacked one of their machines, and how that helped contribute to their dire current situation.
[break][break]

Finally, she allowed the cigarette to slip between her lips, filling her lungs with its cancerous smoke, before eventually letting it all plume back out, blanketing the sky with a heavy gray.
[break][break]

"As a reporter, my job was to speak of those actions. Because, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what The League says. It matters what they do."
[break][break]

"As a councilwoman, I look at the entire picture. What were the person's intentions? What were the actions they committed? What were the results of those actions? Why did they do what they did? "

[break][break]

"I naturally want to believe, deep down, all of us are here for the same reason. It makes tolerating each other a bit easier, I think."
[break][break]

She leaned forward for another pull from the cigarette, taking a second longer to release the pent-up smoke.
[break][break]

"But, more than anything else, even as reporter, all I wanted was accountability. Which I intend to bring, should anyone's actions prove to fit 'such a description' "

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 5:54:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

HIS OWN CAN’T BURN QUICK ENOUGH. the way fernando finds solace in the bitter smell keeps him quiet. long enough to let her serenade him in her own perspective. what she leaves him with is his own reflection as the memories of saffron streets fester within his chest.

he exhales well before responding, streaming grey until it runs empty.

then go ahead.

he flicks the end off, allowing ashes to evaporate well before they ever touch the ground.

name them. i want to hear you say it.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,730 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 6:47:45 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

" ."
[break][break]

The first answer came after a hefty amount of time reviewing the Ranger's meeting back in August.
[break][break]

" ."
[break][break]

The second answer came after a careful review of her incident with Sea Hoenn, and the repercussions of it.
[break][break]

" ."
[break][break]

The third answer was almost instinctual, as her position within Council always rose a few questions for her. Not only that, but after their meeting with Sea Hoenn, she always meant to schedule a short meeting.
[break][break]

" ."
[break][break]

Another name with a list of questionable decisions to back it up.
[break][break]

"Those are the names I've been watching the most."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 7:34:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

HER CHOICES STRIKE A CHORD. one that reverberates with the melody of fernando’s coarse laughter. a genuine bout of amusement that lasts wholly too long. its one of the few times fernando expresses himself outwardly and openly. a mutual grandeur to the absurdity of her suspicions.

is stupid, inarticulate, and by no means a leader.

he takes a long drag before he has to double back.

but he loves this region and will defend it with his life. an unfortunate byproduct of being the best candidate at the moment while being unsuited for what we need. like you, he lives the duplicity of disparaging the league while being at its helm.

which, overall, is not a bad measure by any means. fernando’s fondness, and annoyance, with the first HEAD RANGER puts him loosely in the middle of his spectrum. one that’s fickle depending on the day and circumstance.

a man of the people forced into an office he hates.

the length of his defense is paramount to anderson’s tenure. with what few that still remain, fernando values those who hold through difficult times above all else. a botched sense of loyalty.

as for , i too would like to remove him from his position. however, we have no replacement for someone of his decorum and accolades. but my reason is selfish and unrelated to the sanctity of hoenn. i would say his actions so far have been of hoenn’s concern.

which leave the other two. while he has no reason as for illeana’s position on her list, fernando’s own reasons are based on his own perspective. one he doesn’t expect her to share.

has an illustrious career with the league during the ULTRA BEAST WAR.

is his way of shelving the conversation for later. a bookmark that he anticipates her picking up like a well armed booby trap.

is a surprise considering her recent appointment. surely a career of criticizing the league has a better suspect list then these four.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,730 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 8:14:56 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The councilman's rare burst of laughter only served to irritate Penelope. With harsh movements, she yanked the cigarette from her lips once more, this time blowing out the huff of smoke from pursed lips.
[break][break]

"Again, I say, intentions are meaningless when your actions act contradictory to your words."
[break][break]

So many times they were promised better from The League and 's smooth-talking speeches, and so many times the organization failed to deliver.
[break][break]

" 's love for the region doesn't dismiss the damage he'll continue to inflict towards the rangers if he doesn't grasp the magnitude of his role as Head Ranger quickly."
[break][break]

She could still remember the shock she faced when first reading the report had initially submitted to her office. How a meeting, meant to rally their rangers together in preparation for the meteor, turned into a pie-slinging fiasco where the leader himself resorted to calling their commissioner a bitch.
[break][break]

" undoubtedly loves the region and works to protect it. But my worries lie in the day he determines The League's ruling to be inefficient and make a move by himself."
[break][break]

What is he willing to do to complete his goals, she wondered. Because, the moment those actions stray from their jurisdiction, it became a problem she'd have to deal with, one way or another.
[break][break]

"Frankly, I hold a bias towards . I know quite well her love for Hoenn and know of her capabilities. She's one of our best for a reason. But, like , she holds a questionable history of decision-making. She has a goal beyond just the region's safety -- or, at least, that's my personal assumption. Which makes me wonder: what's more important for her? Achieving said goal or protecting the region."
[break][break]

She prayed a silent apology to the scientist.
[break][break]

From the list she provided, Penelope purposely skipped over the only other council member, as her reasonings were not as concrete as the others. It was more personal, much like 's apparent feelings toward his own brother.
[break][break]

"To clarify: I'm not looking to remove any of them from their positions. Nor anyone else in particular. Not now, at least. Just, during my time onboarding, those were the names that popped out among the rest. As you said, they've all proven their loyalty to the league, so it's not their commitment I worry, but their personal goals and the actions they're willing to take to achieve them."
[break][break]

Because they all had one. And it was her job to figure them out.
[break][break]

Finally, she finished it off with a simple conclusion.
[break][break]

"Be satisfied with this much."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 8:54:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

SOMEHOW, her answer brings a smile to his face. full and bright. just as blinding as the spotless white landscape around them. the way his lips curl cause his scars to wrinkle, bunched up skin peeking at her from the outer rim of his eyepatch.

i am.

his hand drops to his side and the small embers of his movement bring attention to his hand. the way his thumb and pink ball into a fist undermine the looseness of his index and middle. should they join in, what’s left of his cigarette will surely break open, torn apart at the seams.

before you became a councilman, you were wrong about the league not caring. wrong about them not trying to do what was best for the region. at their heart, they are good people.

which is as grand a compliment he’ll ever give them. it’s only natural that he says this out of earshot, in the bitter winter of gossip and defamation. they do not deserve such niceties at face value.

but they have their faults. some are selfish. others naive. but most, i’ve found, are just a special type of stupid.

this time, when he licks his lips, he can already feels the cracks. skin turns crusty and dry. easy to peel should he pick at it.

a friend of mine once told me, ‘no one can match my impossible standards of what it means to be good enough.’

it’s an unfortunate truth he’s come to realize. one that tempers expectations when dealing with people who make subpar decisions and irk him to no end. the reminder that there is some merit to all the high praises that are etched onto his name rather than the constant failure of those around him.

so, either i accept them for who they are and try to make them better, or remove them and do without. unfortunately, hoenn’s circumstances means we cannot do without.

the itch for another puff scratches at his throat. but this time he does without.

after all, half of and your appeal was that the region would remember that the council and the elite three were meant to be four.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,730 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 9:19:42 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The smile that cracked came as a wild surprise she hadn't expected from someone like himself. With her eyes lightly widened, she reached for her lips again, desperate to feel the familiarity of nicotine's consistent comfort, all to combat what had just been unlocked.
[break][break]

But, somehow, the frigid air did more for her than the flimsy stick. Quietly, it reminded her, how death is merely a part of the cycle, not the end of it, just like how a sunrise can never occur without the previous day's setting.
[break][break]

"Maybe one day I'll grow to agree with you," She offered. Unlike , her experience working alongside the mentioned names was short and without many difficult choices. Moving forward, that would be forced to change. "Or, maybe, they'll prove to me that I was right to assume what I did."
[break][break]

Remembering the ball of ash between his fingertips, Penelope extended her hand toward the councilman. There, snugged between her index and middle finger, she offered her still-lit cigarette to him. To save him the hassle of lighting another one.
[break][break]

"But, for once, I hope you're right about this. For everyone's sake."
[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 9:32:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“YOU WILL.”

he’s confident now that he’s scoped out her psyche. it’s not a long or particularly deep conversation, by any means, but it reveals enough for him to understand penelope livy, council member and hbs report. what he finds is both exhilarating and reassuring. something that seldom comes around in such a positive light.

the fact i’m not on your list is telling,” he reveals between puckered lips. her offering is met with an awkward slouch, one that brings him to her level. eye to eye.

and says a lot about you.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,730 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 9:46:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His sheer confidence earned itself a half smile. Despite all of their disagreeances, she could at least secretly admit to herself that this was one thing she envied about @fernando, council member, and silph co. CEO.
[break][break]

When he came down to a slouch for the cigarette, she had to bite back a laugh. Wouldn't it just be better to take the damn thing, she initially wondered, but even those thoughts were curtailed by the sudden awkwardness of being forced into seeing the tall man at eye level.
[break][break]

"Is that so?"
[break][break]

If only she could pick his brain without the threat of a hidden beartrap awaiting her ankles. Maybe then she could offer the same sentiment of confidence toward her coworker. "Well, for all that you are, take it as a compliment."
[break][break]

Because she sure would've loved to include him, had he given her a reason to.
[break][break]

"For once, my reports won't be targeting you."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 10:04:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

FROZEN

“INDEED.”

what is left of her offering is sucked dry. just like fun, or any sense of positivity she tries to wedge between them, he indulges in his own gluttony. what’s left is an expired flame, withered, as he hoards her smoke in the canals of his lungs. there, it festers, corrupted by his own pessimism, before he lets it seep out.

slow.

my greatest fear was that you would abide by your principles. ‘the people deserve to know' and all that bullshit.

purposely.

but you’re not stupid. you’re a fucking snake. hypocritical and willing to bend to whatever lets you be the hero you want others to see yourself as.

he laughs inwardly, modest this time.

imagine my surprise when the harbinger of truth eats up all these classifications and report restrictions. but i prefer that, honestly. stupid is hard to adjust to but conniving?

he sighs, content, wisps of smoke flooding out all at once.

i can work with that.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,730 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
FROZEN [m]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 10:19:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Tsk."
[break][break]

Just like that, the experienced politician went for the finishing blow, dealing more damage than he might've realized. Even she couldn't properly understand the extent of the cut.
[break][break]

But, instead of recoiling and allowing the biting cold to claim her, the councilwoman continued to stand strong, unfalteringly so.
[break][break]

"Your desperation to make the world hate you astounds me."
[break][break]

Her fingers twitched for another swing, but there was none left to be had. Because he had consumed it all.
[break][break]

How ironic it was to find someone colder and more ravenous than the silent Icelands, within The silent Icelands.
[break][break]

"If that is what you want to think of me, so be it. I don't need to explain my decisions to someone like you."
[break][break]

Because, as she already learned, there was no compromise with . Even when there's a possibility of a mutual victory, he'd rather seek out a way to ensure himself the one and only slot among the top.
[break][break]

"Because, even if I did, you wouldn't have the heart to understand."

[break][break]