snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 3:38:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she realizes that, perhaps, she should've sought him out at the league headquarters...

instead, she owns up to the fact she totally ghosted his ass by sending a quick text to meet her at slateport's beach.

when he arrives, she's staring out at the ocean with narrowed eyes. the smell of salt is reminiscent of a future sight that continues to haunt her in the short time after mt pyre was evacuated.

she doesn't turn to acknowledge him. not yet, anyway.

instead, she offers a soft greeting.

"hey, thanks for coming after... you know."

her ghosting, she means. whoopsies!

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2022 8:45:45 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"after you ghosted me?"[break][break]

it's fair to say that matias does not beat around the bush. he is blunt when he means to be, and this is definitely one of those times where it's easier to get it out in the open so they can both get over it.[break][break]

well, he already has, anyways. it's why he decided to show up in the first place.[break][break]

"good job at pyre. heard you all handled it well despite it being a real mess."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-groudon"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 3:49:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a laugh escapes and she finally turns toward him, lips quirking upward into a smile.

"yeah... sorry about that."

a slight flush of embarrassment rises with the compliment. it's, surprisingly, not often she's told good job. not on field work, anyway. she's used to the disappointed sneer of , not this.

"it was definitely a mess. i -- there was some interesting turns."

her tone is genuine when it cuts through silence once more.

"i'm glad you made it out of littleroot in one piece."

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 11:08:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"littleroot has seen better days but at least it's still there."[break][break]

it seems to be a cursed town, really, considering the number of incidents that has happened to it within the span of a few years, but he digresses.[break][break]

waves pull and crash, providing relaxing ambiance for their conversation.[break][break]

"what turns are you referring to?"

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 15:23:28 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]”better than blown off the map.”

she can’t quite imagine that scenario, no matter how many times she tries.

the sound of waves might be relaxing to matias but for her… it’s foreboding. a sign of the conflict ahead, perhaps.

”a pink slash appeared in front of me at mt pyre before we evacuated.”

she doesn’t utter the same name she did before, when she had lost her temper and struck his cheek with a scorned hand.

”it showed me another dimension.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 16:32:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"was it a good one?"[break][break]

one could only hope but so far, from experience, the other dimensions have proven to be nothing but trouble. little does he know about the trouble brewing in sea hoenn.[break][break]

"i cannot wait to jump dimensions again."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 17:16:37 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she’s quiet for a moment.

”no.”

it wasn’t a good one at all.

”the pink slash seemed to be warning me.”

while she would like nothing more than to travel dimensionally, there’s a bigger obstacle that requires prompt attention.

”it showed me a look into sea hoenn… where they were mining meteonite from the meteor.”

she expects, then, that he’ll make his signature tch sound and say something like i told you so.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 17:17:47 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"..."[break][break]

something akin to exasperation washes across his features along with disbelief.[break][break]

"tch."[break][break]

if only they had listened to him. if only their diplomacy had ended way sooner.[break][break]

"did i not warn all of you?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 4:58:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in hindsight, they should have listened to him. unfortunately, he was not rudolph and his nose did not shine bright enough to guide them through the murkiness.

"you did."

it wasn't enough.

"we have to find a way to stop them before another war destroys hoenn."

a war she kind of, sort of... started.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 9:31:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"why is it any different now?"[break][break]

while he's not sure what the material from the meteor does, hoenn now has access to terastal crystals which is what the meteor was harboring in the first place, right?[break][break]

"surely they'll just get stuck at the portals again like they did in rustboro."[break][break]

he would know as he had spent hours and days holding the line.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 14:56:17 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]what’s different?

well, for starters…

”the meteonite fragments had primal markings while in their hands.”

her eyes narrow with just the thought.

”if sea queen skyler uses them on her kyogre, are you prepared to stop her with groudon?”

can he even stop her if it comes to that? something tells her they wouldn’t be on an even playing field unless he, too, underwent the primal process.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 15:37:15 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

primal markings.[break][break]

"those fuckers."[break][break]

that puts them one step ahead of him which levels out the playing field by just a bit. he still comes out on top, naturally, so it doesn't worry him too much.[break][break]

"i'm always prepared."[break][break]

he pauses.[break][break]

"but it would make it a lot easier if i had access to groudon's primal form."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2022 17:29:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a soft hum of understanding escapes.

”what do you need to gain access to groudon’s primal form?”

the look in her eyes is focused, determined. it is bred from a place of assistance, of a genuine urge to ensure he has what he needs.

”i’ll help however i can.”

it’s the least she can do. besides… well…

”i’ll be continuing to look into ways to buy us time to prepare as well as palkia’s location following the events of mt pyre.”

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 8:47:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"primal energy, maybe. but also the red shards. i have a sample of it i can send you in case it helps."[break][break]

he'd done the same with as well. the more eyes and ears he has out there searching for it, the better.[break][break]

"palkia?"[break][break]

reminded of his conversation with a few days prior, he wonders if illeana's goal is similar.[break][break]

"any reason you're trying to find it and not any of the other legendaries that appeared?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anti-hero
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2022 18:25:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]”yeah, if you could, that’d be great.”

a sample would, in truth, provide enough context for her to understand what to look for. the compound’s structure, the physical properties, even the energetic feel to it. and perhaps if they’re lucky enough, she could figure out a way to develop a device to hone in on that energy signature.

”palkia.”

she remembers, briefly, flashes of disapproval from just the mere name from a plethora of faces. they flash too quickly to discern who each one belongs to.

”while i have faith in our technology and even have some ideas for how to possibly mend hoenn’s dimensional structure, i’m worried it wouldn’t be enough to keep hoenn safe.”

a soft, barely there sigh escapes then and she glances toward the sea again. the waves don’t offer solace or solutions, only dread.

”if all of our options fail, palkia might be the only one able to keep hoenn from further destruction. it’s too valuable of an asset to the league and hoenn’s safety to not seek out further.”

this time, surprisingly, the song she’s been singing has changed tune.