6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 17:33:02 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
illeana has made it know that she's always been tampering with things that tempt fate. reprimands from dahlia have slowed her efforts for a while, but with league's plans no longer in jeopardy, kyle steps up to the plate to explore the realms of possibilities with her.

mostly for her safety because god forbid league brings another scientist in their roster and kyle has to learn another name and face.

he looks around for her in the designated place, arriving at the meet up location later than the scientist. a secluded area made sense, away from the prying eyes of the public alongside keeping whatever they're attempting to do away from them.

eventually, he spots her from afar.

"hey!" he calls as he approaches her. "i hope i didn't make you wait for long."

he holds a coffee cup on his hand, having only finished half of it at the moment. he would have downed it all in one go had it not been too hot for his tongue when he just bought it.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
with what's to transpire.
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2022 21:12:07 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's, truthfully, thankful for the help of hoenn's champion. aside from (hopefully) protecting her from ruining her position further, he's a welcome sight after the events of the meteor plan.

she flashes a small, warm smile when he approaches.

"hey!"

the smile widens.

"no, you're good. how's the coffee?"

she considers, then, for a moment if she should divulge everything she knows right here and now. it seems like a good idea but... she holds the sea hoenn card close to reveal a little bit later.

"i'm glad to see you're okay after the meteor."

and really, she is. they might not be the closest per se but she has to admit, she does enjoy seeing kyle at league events.

but that's besides the point, isn't it? they have a job to do.

"do you mind if i tell you something before we start?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2022 18:04:19 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
a thumbs up is given as he takes a moment to sip his coffee.

there's a sheepish smile at the inquiry of his safety later on. he remains unscathed for the majority of the event, mostly thanks to and . there's guilt that cannot be washed away by telling himself his actions for that event were done for the interest of many.

the reception is taken warmly nonetheless.

"uh, yeah, sure. what do you have in mind?"

information that cannot be risked getting in the eyes of other people come to mind. at the age of technological advancements, it's surprisingly more secure to say things verbally than having it go through the digital routes.

he remains casual about it, telling himself that maybe he's just overreacting.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2022 1:09:48 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile widens a fraction. he's, truthfully, a comforting presence whether he really knows it or not.

and in a way, it is sensitive information. it's not... well, okay it is sort of bad but hopefully not as world ending as one would think.

"i saw sea hoenn mining the meteor right before we evacuated from mt pyre."

there's no easy way to say it, she supposes.

and like word vomit, she keeps going.

"it -- i don't know how to, like, explain it but it sort of just appeared in front of me like a pink slash and then when i looked in, there was sea hoenn actively mining the fallen meteor in their dimension."

a question comes, then, that she isn't so certain she wants to ask.

"do you think it's possible to recreate the pink slash? to see what their plan is?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 20:25:36 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle smiles at her news and then sighs of relief. he's not sure if their actions had actually saved a world or not, but the fact that it's alive is a weight lifted off of his conscience.

he doesn't give an explanation of his reaction though, and instead gives an answer to her questions instead.

"recreate? there's no chance of it."

his shoulders give way to a carefree shrug.

the effects were barely close to what kyle had seen them do originally, even with a sygna suit. amplifying it with other resources was always an option, but wielding it with precision was the puzzle kyle can't even think of how to solve.

"even if we could, there's no proper way of getting their address back. all the paths in ultra space got randomized, so i'm guessing even the primal shards we have wouldn't reach sea hoenn again. i've... already tried going to sea hoenn."

on his solgaleo. it didn't produce anything useful besides the revelation of how small they are compared to the world.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2022 20:47:42 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she mistakes relief of no genocide for relief of bad news. and perhaps, they’re the same thing.

”what if… it’s different than ultra space? would it be possible then?”

it’s still a budding theory but somehow, she believes it true.

”i think it was something — maybe palkia, i’m not too sure — using a move to cut into our reality. father winter called it spatial rend during mt pyre but… it looked different this time.”

almost like it was a different form from the pink cyclones they witnessed minutes prior.

her eyes widen at the admission kyle breathes, however, and her head tilts softly with curiosity.

”you tried going back to sea hoenn? why?”

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 17:18:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he crosses his arms and tries to think of holes he might've missed, nor any other stretch of logic that might have brought a loophole to his logic. a sigh starts the prelude to his conclusion.

"nope. it can't. if what we learned on the cloud is true, then we'll just be cutting the middleman."

he tries to remember if illeana was one of the people subjected to the gauntlet of tasks given to them by the rogue drk triad member, but even if she did, he supposed there still was a chance that she wasn't with the same room as he was.

"if ultra space is what separates the different universes, then creating a rift in space just a., risks another invasion of some kind to the region, and b., try to get me killed by palkia again."

kyle continues to muse on the thought now that his brain was flowing. he probably barely scratched the tip of the iceberg with his ideas though.

"-but i guess we can still try. it's a bad idea that you'd probably still do even without me, so i guess we might as well have it here since my avatar powers are kinda useful for these kinds of things, given they work as intended..."

he breaks his thoughts when illeana prods him of his motives. a sheepish smile comes on his expression as his finger scratches his chin.

"well, we kinda broke a few pieces off the meteor before it got sent there," he says. "people were really crying on the internet over the whole sea!hoenn doomsday ordeal, so i just gave them a peace of mind. i just wanted to check if it succeeded. if you think about it, it's a pr stunt that can get me off the limelight for a while."

kyle deflects his intent, but he's not going to lie if the bad image the league has is swept away from the champion and to its other members instead.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 4:27:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]for a long while, she's quiet. processing. calculating.

and while he makes very valid points, there's something off about the whole thing. it keeps bugging her, festering like a wound she can't see to even begin treating. and it feels so obvious, so blatant that it should take up her entire field of vision.

"what if ultra space isn't there anymore?"

it's soft, barely audible. she thinks of the barrier, of the multitude of scenes it displayed. every single one of them was different. another glimpse into universes, dimensions. and yet, there was no ultra space.

now, the rifts are here and they're open and god, it's such a shot in the dark to even say.

"i -- it's possible ultra space has somehow collided with hoenn. maybe that's how the rifts are possible? if the dimensional highway merged into our universe, it could explain the rifts and the influx of new pokemon we haven't seen before."

she has to admit... even speaking it aloud sounds closer and closer to insanity.

"are you sure you want to try?"

her cheeks are flushed a soft, embarrassed shade of pink.

"i do appreciate your willingness to help but... i don't want to bring you down with me."

being in the crossfire is fine for her, perhaps, but for their champion?

his intent sounds solid enough for her to not worry much about the rest. she is, however, unable to bite back the curiosity and the question it drags straight out of her body.

"what happened when you tried going back? was it similar to the pink slash i saw or was it using the rift beneath rustboro?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 18:32:38 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it is at this point kyle is reminded that he does not have any science degree on any field of physics to back his crazy theories up. while he doesn't have anything to back everything up with besides analogy of concepts, personal experience seems to clash with logic.

"it's possible, but i don't think it's completely gone."

after all, he's been there.

"when i went back to sea!hoenn?" he confirms. "nothing. i checked with my solgaleo. it was, uh, neither. it's really uneventful in my opinion."

he goes back to illeana's previous point.

"oh, and don't get my intentions wrong. up or down doesn't really matter with me. i'd rather be present when you make another primal shard tampering mess and clean up than deal with the consequences after."

while he doesn't know illeana much, he's been with her enough on various aqua missions that he feels some sort of kinship. it's faint, but it's present.

and maybe he should've worded it better.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 2:43:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hums.

not completely gone... but also not quite the same. perhaps the same could be said for sea hoenn or even hoenn itself.

"what'd you see when you tried going to sea hoenn?"

she pries half because she curious and mostly because it'll help her, in some sort of way, to explain what she's seen in that pink slash. if she has concrete understanding, maybe she could even convince in their meeting later in the week...

she blinks, then, as his intentions become more pronounced.

"you'd rather... help me clean up?"

the concept is, perhaps, a little amusing.

"i suppose that's better than watching me get fired, right?"

for both of them, really. he wouldn't have to learn a new face in the position and she'd get to keep the spot she's been holding onto with white knuckles since her return.

"we're in this together for now, then."

and with a soft flourish of her right hand, she gestures for him to take the lead. her smile is faint but there all the same.

"so, what's the plan, champ?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 14:37:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"better than another three day war," he corrects her. "i barely got any sleep during that time."

the worst result he can ever think about with the direction illeana was going to was the unnecessary trip to ultra space. the intent wasn't the same, but both actions were caused by goodwill regardless.

as much as he tries to appear detached, kyle felt nothing such in this case.

"you wanted to force open a rift, right?" kyle takes out his smeargle. "i guess we can try with this."

his sygna suit was ready. three stonjourners were taken out, all of them providing a power spot in an attempt to amplify whatever was there to be amplified.

"don't set your hopes up, though. last time i tried, nothing happened."

the smeargle cuts through space with spatial rend.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 22:29:59 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile turns sheepish.

"definitely better than the three day war."

although, as it stands right now, she doesn't have nearly as much to lose as she did back then.

kyle takes the lead and she observes him with a steady curiosity. a smeargle comes out from one of his pokeballs, followed by three stonjourners.

"okay."

she tries to get her own smeargle out before his smeargle does anything. the silly goose dog plops onto the ground next to her, paint brush tail at the ready.

"let's see if it's the right place for this..."

as kyle's smeargle begins to use spatial rend with the added juice of his stonjourners' power spot, she waves a hand for her own smeargle to try sketching the move he uses. she's not sure that would even work, really, but she's feebly trying something. his smeargle might be too quick for her sketching smeargle to copy.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,751 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 20:34:02 GMT
shiv Avatar

ANYWHERE DOOR

KYLE X ILLEANA

THERE IS ENOUGH TIME TO SKETCH the move 's Smeargle uses, for what it is attemping to do requires mountainous effort. Thankfully, 's Stonjourner grants it some grace.

As it cuts into space, several slices of pink dive in diagonals, leaving a fading trail of its color.

Finally, a tear remains. Space peels away, and indeed, ULTRA SPACE is revealed.

Though it is no wormhole, they are offered a glimpse of a seemingly infinite space. The usual radiance of an Ultra Wormhole can be seen, but its searing white grid-lines are in terrible disarray. The lines struggle to stay together in their framework. Some snap off like cables breaking after being pulled too taut. Occasionally, black dead spaces can be seen between the grid-lines.

There is no destination at the end of this space. It is no tunnel. Just an open cut with no exit wound.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
private investigator
champion
awards
6,601 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 16:57:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
from the corner of his eye, he sees illeana take out her own smeargle. his heart races as he finds himself uncertain of his decisions.

she's smart, but also headstrong, rash and foolhardy. he categorizes her with the number of hoenn's heroes that have good intent, but with the history of reckless decisions. character growth is something that happens though, and there's always a chance that he's just worrying over nothing.

"illie," he calls her in a straight voice. "be responsible with that, please."

it wouldn't make much of a difference on the long term. they're just smeargles after all. still, the origins of the three-day war haunts him to this day given how involved he was with it.

as he finds his tone uncharacteristic of him, he quickly turns and shifts the subject to what they're actually here for.

"s-so, uh, yeah, what do you think of this?"

a tear in space before them grants a glimpse similar to the diagrams they've seen on the cloud.

"there's no overlap with other dimensions, which is nice, but, uh, does this mean we're isolated?" he asks. "it's the second part of the diagram, after the image that has our dimension in a dome."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
consumed
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,333 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
anywhere door [m]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 4:57:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she blinks.

did the sketch work?

kyle's warning comes as white noise at first, barely processed until the third or fourth time it rattles around in her brain. by then, she's motioning for her smeargle to come back to her side. it had moved a little too close to the spatial rend while trying to sketch everything down.

"no worries! i'm, uh, not even sure if it really worked."

she'll have to check later, perhaps.

for now, there's more pressing things at hand... namely the open wound into their dimension laid out before them.

it looks wrong, truthfully. she's no expert but there's something... decayed about the lines in ultra space.

kyle questions her and she hums softly, chewing thoughts until they're bland and tasteless.

"if we're isolated, i don't think the rifts would necessarily be possible."

they had been isolated before by the dome. no dimensional disturbances, made by herself or otherwise, were able to succeed. now... she's not so sure that's the case.

"it looks damaged, actually, like it's been strained until it broke in some places."

is that from gravitational pull or something else's influence, however? there's no way to know.

her expression turns serious, then, as she adds another thought onto their plate.

"if ultra space is damaged and breaking apart, i'm afraid that could mean the multiverse as a whole could collapse or rip at the seams. if we could figure out why this is happening, perhaps we could stop it from getting worse?"

but how is the question she's not sure she'll ever figure out.

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing