Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure [M]
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 4:17:07 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Where did you go when you didn't want to be found?[break][break]

It wasn't that Isaac didn't want to be found right now. Okay, so maybe he didn't. Sure, he liked being around people. But dealing with his own helplessness was still A Lot. He hated how others could see every trip, stumble, and failure along the road to recovery. Some days it was more tolerable than others. Some days, after the third time he dropped his phone in the span of five seconds, he just wanted to run away and scream at the moon.[break][break]

In the daytime, the Silent Icelands were a morbid curiosity. They were Kyurem's blight on the land of Hoenn, and the first natural ice type dwelling the region has seen outside of the boundaries of Shoal Cave. Between the tragic feezing of the land's previous inhabitants, the stunningly quick biodiversification of the area, and the untold secrets that seemed to always follow in the wake of Hoenn's mysteries, it was a sight of opportunity and adventure.[break][break]

In the nighttime, the already frigid air felt like absolute zero. The air was thick with solemn lonesomeness, punctuated only by the distant howls of predators. With not a building nor unfrozen tree in sight, the stars sparkled without a single obstruction, their light dancing in the facets of the ice beneath one's feet. It was beautiful. It was horrible. It was a location unfit for human life, a living reminder of Kyurem's antipathy.[break][break]

It was exactly where Isaac, bundled up in the warmest, fluffiest clothes he could find and clinging to Kilimanjaro for dear life, found himself spending his evening.[break][break]

He wasn't going to sleep here. That'd be suicide, even by his standards. But if he wanted to be away from the prying eyes of the world, what better place to go than no man's land?[break][break]

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 19:10:48 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Some choices in life came easy. But others were hard to accept, even if they were the morally right ones.

By now Johanna had recovered from most of the damages sustained after Mt. Pyre sore shoulder and aching Palkian phantom pains notwithstanding. Having experienced death and lived to tell the tale, she was still unsure about how she felt in this body of hers. It felt weird, wrong even. But she would live her life, after all would be sad if she died. It was actually comforting knowing someone wanted her to live.

To get an opportunity to think clearly, and in part to see what all the fuss was about, she had made her way to the silent Icelands. She had quickly learned that this place was a grim reminder of the antipathy of the universe.

It made her decision slightly easier to make, even if she had already made it.

Johanna walked about clad in the fluffiest of clothes, warmth was a resource that was hard to come by here. And so she had made sure to dress appropriately. Luckily her Fire Type Houndour walked by her side, offering some protection with its radiating heat.

Her attention was definitely on the horrific sights of frozen Pokémon, and so she did not notice the familiar face nearby.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 1:56:30 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]Perhaps she didn't notice the familiar face in the distance. But perhaps she noticed the familiar face in the ice, its last moments twisted into shock and wide-eyed terror. Well, one eye was wide, at least. The other was little more than a dark patch. Isaac Merlo, the man who expressed his belief in her in the lead-up to the Mt. Pyre disaster, was now among the many frozen dead here in the wastes.[break][break]

Okay, so he only let the expression hold for a moment. If she showed any reaction in the slightest, he'd immediately let it drop the show her that he was okay. Besides, even with how thick and clear the frost was, it would quickly be apparent that this was a reflection from the outside looking in.[break][break]

"Sorry, I had to," he said, his little bit of mirth drifting away along the winds. "Not every day you get the chance for such a perfectly timed bit. But don't worry. We're one of the lucky ones on the other side."[break][break]

He sighed as he looked at the frozen waste stretching before him. Gallows humor was all well and good, but once the humor had passed, you were left staring down a gallows.[break][break]

"Me and Kilimanjaro tried making a dent in it, you know. Full blast of Eruption didn't even make it sweat. Something tells me this ice is here to stay." And so, too, were the Pokemon inside of it. They'd seen actual, factual death over at Mt. Pyre. This frozen facsimile of it was somehow even more unnerving. "Friend of mine told me it was some kind of pissed-off ice dragon that came down after the meteor. Sounds like a Legendary, if you ask me."[break][break]

Oh, where were his manners. He was so caught up in contemplating the frozen wastes that he forgot to say hello! "It's good to see you again, Jojo. Or at least, half-see you."

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 9:37:19 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

You would think that being in a frozen wasteland would make her pay attention to her surroundings. Well, that was partially true. She was paying a lot of attention to the frozen Pokémon, only to be truly astounded when she saw a familiar looking face.

A mild yelp of surprise escaped her as she noticed Isaac’s face, she stepped back out of sheer instinct. Her Houndour began to growl at the supposed threat, and move closer to Johanna to defend her.

Luckily, Isaac didn’t intend to keep the joke going for long, as he revealed he hadn’t been frozen in ice.

“You could’ve fooled me.” Johanna replied as a sigh of relief escaped her.

She then listened to Isaac’s words. Giving nods when appropriate. “Yeah, it has to be legendary, what else could it really be?” Johanna replied. Eyes returning for a moment to the frozen victims. It was hard to look at.

She returned her attention to Isaac. It seemed like her, he had remembered his manners. Not that she minded at all. “It is good to see you too.” She replied, her attention going to the unfortunate damages that he had sustained. “How is your recovery coming along?”

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2022 23:53:43 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Her eyes met his eye, and spoiler alert, it wasn't the one that still functioned. By now, Isaac was used to it. You could only have people stare at it for so long before it went form annoying intrusion to fact of life. He couldn't even blame them. If someone he cared about showed up in obvious pain, he'd be curious, too.[break][break]

"Physically? Bout as well as it could. Believe it or not, nothing vital got messed up," Isaac said. "I don't think I got into as many scuffles as some of the other people up on Mt. Pyre did." The fact that he spent most of that "battle" cozying up with League members for quick chats, and his greatest wound came from one of Rocket's own, was still so surreal to him.[break][break]

"The rest . . ." A weary smile spread across Isaac's face as he considered the long road ahead. "I'm not gonna lie to you. It's gonna take a while. And it's gonna suck the whole way there." Grief in the loss of a dear partner. Incapability with his own two hands. Lingering doubts as to his role and identity. These were the three ghosts that followed Isaac from Mt. Pyre, and it was a tossup whether a day would be bearable or a mess of internal screams.[break][break]

"How about you? I went to go check on you after the mission, but I couldn't find you anywhere. You luck out and avoid needing a stay at the hospital?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 18:53:26 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Last Johanna had seen Isaac, both eyes had been in working conditions. But that was not the case now, unfortunately she was far too late in noticing that. And so spent an unfortunate amount of time looking at the wrong eye before she noticed it.

Her gaze shot down in embarrassment for a moment, when she noticed. But then returned to Isaac, this time focusing on the proper eye.

Johanna listened as Isaac spoke. Her smile pained but understanding as he moved from speaking about his physical healing and onto the wounds his soul sustained. She wanted to comfort him, to shower him in loving words and promises of ‘everything is going to be alright’ but she knew those would only be taken as hollow platitudes thrown about by those that weren't in the same situation.

“Yeah Claydol Teleported me to the Lilycove City Hospital…” She took a moment to consider how she would go about to explain what had happened to her. “And can’t say I lucked out…” Johanna said. Her gaze fell to the ground. “I got shot in the shoulder, then my body got mangled…” She paused…

“I think I died for a short while.” There was a grimness to the casualness in which she admitted to this. She knew that it sounded crazy, but she was certain that it was what had happened.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2022 20:52:14 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"I'm really glad you made it out of there alright," Isaac said, relief and concern mixing on his face in equal amounts. Then confusion took their place. Wait, Lilycove? "Surprised you picked Lilycove, though. They didn't get on your case over where you came from or anything like that, did they?"[break][break]

The idea of this injured, frightened girl, who had apparently been killed earlier that day, walking right into an interrogation scared him.[break][break]

Wait. Hold on. The train of thought had pulled into the station, but now he was checking its ticket. What did he mean, she had apparently been killed earlier that day? What did she mean, she had apparently been killed earlier that day!?[break][break]

"You died," Isaac repeated. Of the cocktail of emotions he had been juggling, his face and voice made it clear; concern won out. He looked Johanna up and down, as if trying to make sure that she wasn't a ghost. Okay. She wasn't transparent. And she seemed to be reacting to the environment around her. Those were good signs! Right?[break][break]

"What . . . happened?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 15:17:34 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

“Oh, I didn’t pick it. Claydol did, I suppose it just picked the closest one it remembers.” Johanna remarked. His concern for her secret second life was touching. And had she not been collapsing on their floor by the time they got through the Hospital Entrance, she might’ve been questioned as Isaac assumed.

But that wasn’t the important detail. Johanna watched as the gears began to grind in Isaac’s mind. How he began to think about her wording. She noticed his gaze, how it looked for details pertaining to her death.

“I’d like to claim that I know what happened… But one second I am betting on a Coin toss…” Johanna began. “Then the next thing I know I am dead, walking alongside the other victims of Palkia’s wrath as I try to return to the world of the living?” It was hard to believe, to be honest. She still didn’t believe it. But what other explanation could there be for the sensation of space itself brutalizing her body, sucking out her soul, leaving her to walk the inbetween-space of life and death alongside human and Pokémon spirit alike.

“I know it doesn’t make sense, but I can’t think of any other explanations.” And by Arceus she had tried.

She gestured toward his non-functioning eye as she asked. “Did the coin toss-guy give you that souvenir or was it someone else?”

She was a bit unsure if it was insensitive to ask about it. But she figured it would be better to get it out of the way.

Houndour stayed close to her, rubbing itself against her leg to provide some comfort.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 19:50:47 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]So Johanna wasn't even in any condition to focus on a teleport. Her Claydol had to pick up the slack for her, and was lucky enough to remember a hospital to choose. "Glad they remembered where to find one," Isaac said, a small, amused grin spreading across his face. "You should've seen me and Ash trying to get there. Apparently, our Pokemon had no clue where to take us." The charge nurse may have teased him about it a few times. So what?[break][break]

It was hard to blame Johanna for her state, though. Before being hospitalized, she was literally dead! Passed out and dragged around by a Claydol was an improvement.[break][break]

"Huh. Honestly, I thought he was just being a dick." He actually intended on committing to that flip? "I'm amazed he actually kept his word. Though maybe I should be more amazed that he had the power to just kill us in the blink of an eye."[break][break]

Suddenly, he was all too aware how much he risked in that last, glorious charge.[break][break]

"I get it," Isaac said, looking off into the distance. He knew with how far he was from Eastern Hoenn, he'd never spot the rift above Mt. Pyre. But he sure tried. "When Palkia tore that rift open, I saw her again. Kiryu. I never thought I'd be able to make peace with what happened on the battlefield, but it helped. A lot." Making one last charge with her spirit in tow, and getting to say his goodbyes while she was still around to hear them . . .[break][break]

If he didn't get that chance, would he be half as okay as he was right now?[break][break]

And then came the eye. Right. Kiryu hadn't been his only battlefield loss. Isaac sighed. How in the world was he gonna phrase this? "Let's just say there are times in life where we have a choice to make," Isaac said. "And sometimes, making the right one hurts. Sometimes for a little bit. Sometimes for a long while. Maybe even forever. But . . ."[break][break]

was alive. A smile smile spread across Isaac's face.[break][break]

"It's still worth making in the end."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 7:15:13 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Johanna met Isaac’s grin with a small smile. But the topic quickly turned sour as they began to talk about the coin toss guy.

She gave a singular nod. In hindsight it was rather grim to think about just how close they had all been to complete annihilation. She had sometimes wondered if the coin toss game had been a ruse to hide a limit to the coin toss guy’s killing power, or if it was merely a flight of fancy on his side.

She pushed away the thought, focused instead on Isaac’s words. Admittedly she wished she hadn’t. Because Isaac dropped some huge news on her. Surprise forced her mouth wide open as a quick “I am sorry for your loss.” Quickly escaped her before he continued.

She gave him an acknowledging nod as he spoke of choice and the price to pay. She felt politoed in her throat as thoughts of the choice she had made and the certain repercussions that would follow surfaced.

She could claim many things, but having a good Poker face wasn’t one of them. And so, it would be evident to Isaac, if he were to look that something might be bothering her as he spoke of choice, and he replied with. “That is very true.”

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 1:34:13 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Sorry for his loss, huh? Isaac blinked a few times, as if trying to see for the first time. Just how did he feel about Kiryu's loss, now that had the dust had settled?[break][break]

"Honestly? It's . . . hard. To call it a loss worth feeling sorry over," he admitted. "Don't get me wrong. Not a day goes by where I don't miss her. And I hate that I put her in that position in the first place. But . . . it was her choice. She risked it all so I could keep on living. It hurts so bad, but just giving into that grief'd be spitting on the last gift she ever gave me."[break][break]

"Besides. Thanks to Palkia, we've got proof the afterlife's real! Isn't that shit crazy?" Restless spirits poured out from the rift between life and death, but those unsettled atop Mt. Pyre had made their trip in the opposite direction. "Wherever she went, she's . . . better off. The pain. The fear. This whole damn war . . . she's away from it all. She made it."[break][break]

It was like having a friend move far, far away. Yet where she went, Isaac knew he could never follow. Not until it was his time.[break][break]

All this talk about changes and escapes seemed to strike a chord with Johanna. There was a distant look in her eyes, and it looked like it took everything in her power to stop something from escaping. How strange. "Hey. You all good?" Isaac asked. "If you gotta get anything off your chest, by all means. I can't go hogging all the air on us."

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 7:16:57 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

She hadn’t seen the now dead Aggron during her brief stint in the afterlife. But that was perhaps simply evidence adding wait to Isaac’s claim of her having found peace. Johanna hoped so, for Isaac’s sake.

Another solemn nod as Isaac thanked Palkia for giving them evidence of the afterlife’s existence. Honestly, she wasn’t sure that was such a good thing. How long would it take before Team Rocket attempted to use the afterlife for their own ends? After all, Team Rocket had shown no struggle with performing the most heinous of deeds.

But then the worst thing happened.

How dared Isaac be an attentive friend?!

He had noticed her thoughtfulness, the struggle going on inside. As Isaac asked, she responded a bit too quickly. “Yeah I am fine, really…” She wasn’t fine. She immediately showed otherwise as she continued. “Isaac, we are friends right?”

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 18:42:10 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Isaac squinted at Johanna's mention of being fine. Was there a single cry for help in the multiverse louder than "I'm fine?"[break][break]

Oh well. Johanna would make it to fine eventually. She was stronger than she'd given herself credit for.[break][break]

She answered Isaac's question with another question. Friends. After they struck up a little bond during their Mega Stone training session, Isaac sure as heck would have said so. They weren't two peas in a pod friends or anything like that, but the world was full of quiet, simple little friendships off to the sidelines. They were just as important as the big, dramatic ones. In some cases, they may have even been moreso.[break][break]

"We are," Isaac said, not hesitating for a moment. As he studied the reaction on Johanna's face, a small, mischievous smile curled across his face. "And that's not changing. Not even after you drop whatever thoughts you're clearly holding back."[break][break]

She didn't have a great poker face. That was okay. Its what friendships like these were for.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 19:10:23 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar
The lack of hesitation in Isaac caught her by surprise. And his follow-up comment even more so.

Am I so easy to read?

She pondered.

“I… I hope so.” Left hand began to scratch at a nervous phantom itch on her right arm. “I have been doing a lot of thinking after what happened at Mt. Pyre..” She began as if she somehow had to excuse the decision she had made.

“And… Don’t get me wrong. I do care about you guys.” She had found her metaphorical shovel and was digging a real big hole, but the words fought to not leave her. She knew once she had said this, there would be no going back. Perhaps Isaac might even try to end her right here for defection, surely nobody would notice another victim of the cold.

Houndour nudged itself against her, hoping to grant some modicum of strength.

“It’s just…” The phantom itch grew stronger, she tried to scratch at it, but it didn’t go away. “I don’t think Team Rocket is a good fit for me, and I know I should’ve seen that before joining. But the path they are walking… I can’t do what they ask of me… Mt. Pyre showed me that.” She paused.

“Besides, I want to do proper professional Pokémon battling, maybe even open a Gym -” She paused to breathe. “- and if I did that as a member of Team Rocket. It would only be a question of time before it got out.” Johanna admitted. Becoming a Gym Leader had not been something she had considered at first. But her conversation with had sown the seeds, and the seeds were starting to grow.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
awards
4,329 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 20:56:37 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]If only Johanna knew how strongly her words resonated.[break][break]

Isaac had given so much on Mt. Pyre. His oldest, most beloved companion, more of a starter than his actual starter, perished on that mountaintop so he could live. His best friend lived to see another day, but Isaac had to sacrifice his eye just to snap out of his funk. When he left that mountain behind, he left a piece of his innocence behind with it, knowing that from this day onward he would be targeted, hunted, even destroyed if his enemies had the chance.[break][break]

And for what? To help some power-tripping madman wage war on his home? For the glory of Rocket, this. For the glory of Rocket, that. The catchphrase was just a smokescreen, a distraction the grunts could cling onto to hide the fact that none of that glory was for them. Walsh didn't just get the biggest slice of the pie. Walsh scarfed down the whole thing, and let his most loyal lick the plate clean.[break][break]

Sometimes, Isaac wondered why he was here. He knew the reason. The people he loved were here, and they felt Rocket was their best option. Maybe they were right. Maybe the League truly did leave them nothing to strive for. But not everyone agreed. Some believed that better things were possible, even in a system so stacked against them.[break][break]

"I think if more of knew what to look for, we wouldn't be stuck on that path in the first place."[break][break]

Nobody just woke up and decided "I want to watch this region burn." Not the true believers. Not the lost and the damned. Even the opportunists needed a place to keep all their stuff. Hell, even the ones willing to sacrifice the region wouldn't sacrifice their bottom line. With the League angrier at Rocket than ever, Isaac feared they'd all go down with the ship.[break][break]

Johanna had the guts to grab a life raft. It was proof she was too good for this place. But did she have to grab the life rat covered in blaring neon lights? "If you're hoping to pull the 'killed in action' card and fade away, that's a heck of a way to go about it," Isaac warned. "You're putting a heck of a target on your back."[break][break]

"After all, you're showing us Grunts that we can deserve better."[break][break]

She wasn't a traitorous admin or renegade Beast. She wasn't some big deal running off with armfuls of classified Rocket info. If anything, she was worse. She was a common man turning into a symbol of hope, rising above within the system that so many believed was keeping them down. If she could, anyone could. Isaac loved to see it. He knew Rocket would hate it.[break][break]

"." The name flowed out of Isaac oh so naturally. "She knows where to find the good in people. And she's in a position where she doesn't have to follow the rules; she makes them. Not your department, but if you need a heart of gold to throw its weight around in your corner, you can't go wrong with her. Tell her I sent you."[break][break]

"When it comes to what you're doing, 's more your speed." Heh. "He's the new guy, at least until you step up. Bet he'll be stoked to be the senior for a change. He's still learning. Got a lot to learn, if you ask me. But with his drive, I've got no doubt he'll make it."[break][break]

". . . Don't tell him I sent you. Just. Trust me on that one."[break][break]

He didn't share his own thoughts on the situation. He voiced no approval or dissent for Johanna's decision. All he did was lay the cards on the table, let her draw her own conclusions from the information he'd gathered. Where she was going, he knew he could never follow. But she was his fellow Rocket, his mentee, and his friend. Like hell was he going to let her go into this half-cocked.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]