A budding bond (Josh Delvin)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2022 23:08:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The archer is the true weapon;
the bow is just a long piece of wood.
PARTY

The weather couldnt have been nicer. Sun high in the sky and a gentle breeze blowing through the woods that stopped the pair getting too hot. Shion was sat under a large oak tree with Narla to her left, the large panda towering over the woman and providing even more shade. 

Shion had been invited out and about by the man known as Josh Delvin. He had mentioned showing her some of his eeveelutions which Shion had been quite interested in for some time. 

She was carving an apple with a small pocket knife that she kept in her boot, the flesh being handed to Narla who then ate it as though it was pasta. A small almost purring noise coming from her. Shion smiled and bit into the apple slice, the sweet fruit hitting just the spot. 

Sitting under the tree next to the road made the duo clear to anyone who may happen to be walking past and so would make sure that Josh could see them quite easily.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2022 18:40:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had just finished visiting his friend Shalin at her home inside a large, hollowed tree in the northwest corner of Petalburg Woods. He still didn't understand how she could live with just a cell phone, charged by her electric Pokémon, and with no modern amenities. Some truly were more comfortable in the wild than in the city! He got to meet some of the girl's more exotic Pokémon, taking pictures to show his colleagues back at Mauville's Gym. Perhaps he would warm up to the idea of befriending some of his friend's truly bizarre choices of Pokémon for himself?

Kamuy the Umbreon was fired up after having unleashed her strength on an overeager Shalin, having successfully wrenched the wild child off his back. It was an accomplishment the dark-type was proud of; she was one tough girl with an iron grip on the fur of many different kinds of Pokémon! "Careful, Kamuy!" Josh chided his mount, whose running stroke was unusually forceful. Perhaps he was still calming down from the high of overcoming the self-proclaimed Wildest Rider this side of Hoenn.

Just as the Umbreon passed onto the main road, he caught sight of a familiar face, @wolfheart . "Oh, there you are! Sorry I missed you!" Josh apologized. "I have a friend who lives out here and she kept me longer than I thought." Kamuy's yellow rings pulsed brightly to greet the Pangoro and trainer.

@wolfheart

{WC: 240}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Blinky         Jolteon         Good
Clyde          Flareon         Good
Janus          Espeon          Good
Kamuy          Umbreon         Good
Inky           Glaceon         Good
Pinky          Sylveon         Good
close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 6:32:44 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
There was… a Wooloo on the loose. Again. As always.

“Lis? Lis?!” an unfamiliar voice called out, footfalls approaching in the direction of the Pokémon Rider. Where the hell had his Wooloo run off to, again?!

Geez, what was up with Sumi not doing her job?!

He groaned, what was wrong with his Wooloo always running away from him anyway?!

“Lis?! Where are you?!” he continued to call out, bending over to catch his breath. This particular Pokémon really knew how to make a run for it.

+
+ wooloo on the loose!

[newclass=".iggy b"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy i"] color:#e6194e;font-size:13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 6:45:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
@wolfheart took off running at the sight of the Eeveelutions. Highly unusual behavior for a Ranger, known for their bravery to hop into just about any situation in the wilds and find a solution. Were Josh's six tall Pokémon normal-sized, he would have almost certainly received a less adverse reaction. "Sure, Alpha Pokémon are scary, but they shed their Alpha status when captured, and are just big for their species," Josh mumbled. "I don't get what's so scary about that. They're Pokémon, when it comes down to it."

Josh failed to notice that his other five saddled Eeveelutions were completely blocking the road, and there was a panicked, fleeing Wooloo charging at them full speed ahead. It was only Kamuy's eyesight, followed by a bellow from the Umbreon, that caught his attention. "Look out!"

{WC: 137}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 6:51:28 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
Look, to be fair this particular Wooloo still had a wild streak burning within her. Can you blame the ovine?

Little did she know she was going to crash straight into the—uh oh!

“BAA!” the loud bleating noise caught Jack’s attention, who looked up with a hopeful glint in his eye before seeing a bunch of absolutely gigantic… wait a second how were there a bunch of Eeveelutions just loitering around?!

“Lis!” he barked at last, finally getting up and dashing after the wayward ovine.

“Look out—!”

+
+ wooloo on the loose!

[newclass=".iggy a"] font-size:13px; font-family: courier new; text-transform: lowercase!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 7:17:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It became apparent that the Wooloo the Elite Ranger and his Pokémon were observing was trained, and closing in on them fast! If it didn't slow down, it was going to crash into them! "Janus, PSYCHIC!" Josh commanded, turning Kamuy to face the action. "Slow that Wooloo down as gently as you can!" The saddle-wearing Espeon's tail glowed with a paranormal purple-pink color, attempting to use a greatly-restrained version of the psychic-type attack to prevent a high speed crash.

That all six of them wore saddle, bit, and bridle was obvious evidence that the posse were owned by the Ranger astride the Umbreon. "This Wooloo yours?" Josh asked the stranger. the rest of his squad approaching to make sure she was okay.

{WC: 123}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 7:30:06 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
The wayward ovine continued to run, completely and totally forgetting to put on the breaks—at least, until she realized that…

“Baa?!” the Wooloo bleated as she was suddenly… floating, in mid-air? Wha?!

“Lis! Oh thank hell there you are!” he exclaimed as he finally caught up. Geez, what was up with his Wooloo being an incredibly fast runner?!

“Y-yeah, she’s mine… unfortunately,” he began once he drew up to where the Eevee… wait, this one had a rider on it?

“She tends to make a run for it way too much. My Yamper is borderline useless too.”

+
+ wooloo on the loose!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 7:40:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The plan worked! Josh's quick thinking saved the trainer's Wooloo from a nasty collision with Pinky, the Sylveon crying with a low-pitched coo that could have come off as alien-sounding if Jack was used to normal-sized Sylveon. "Your Wooloo is fast! I've never seen anyone try to race with a Dubwool, but she could very well be the first if you wanted her to be!"

Useless? No Pokémon was useless. It was just a matter of finding a niche for it in one's career path. "Did you catch both of them recently? It's just a matter of finding out what they want to get out of you being their trainer," the Gym Leader suggested. Though he was identifiable by his blue Ranger badge, he felt the need to introduce himself still. "Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but I go by Josh. Janus is the Pokémon that helped save your Wooloo, and this is Kamuy," he gently pat the Umbreon's head. "So what brings you out here?"

{WC: 170}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 7:58:11 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“No, see, here’s the thing. I’ve had them since forever. You know the stories of how shepherds that lose control of their herds and have to chase them all over? That… that’s me,” he continued with an embarrassed exclamation as he walked over and literally rescued the Wooloo, who was now tumbling over in mid-air feet over wool due to the Espeon holding her aloft.

“Lis, why do you torture me like this?” he admonished the ovine Pokémon the moment he had her in his arms once more. “You’re going to give me white hair so quick!”

And then a few moments later he burst out into laughter because he then realized that his own hair had already grown white!

“I’m Jack, wayward shepherd and owner of the most stubborn Wooloo alive,” he introduced himself.

At the same time the Wooloo in his hold let out a naughty bleating noise before scrunching her face in welcome.

+
+ wooloo on the loose!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 8:15:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As soon as Lis was in Jack's hands, Janus released his psychic hold on the her, giving her full motor control other than what her trainer's physical hold limited her to. "Difficult personalities, I see." Josh started to relate Jack's tale to one of his own. "Reminds me of several of my own Pokémon. You see, Inky here," he gestured toward the Glaceon, "was hesitant to carry me on his back at first. If you know what your Pokémon want and act upon it, they'll return the favor."

Josh laughed at Jack's self-proclaimed title. "Makes my own title, the 'Master of Faster,' sound a lot less cheesy! I'm Mauville City's Gym Leader, and I used to be a semi-professional Pokémon racer. While Blinky here," he gestured toward the saddled Jolteon who looked ready to run, "is my fastest Pokémon, I routinely race all six of them. I dunno about you, but I'm really excited to see sports in general return to Hoenn in 2023!"

{WC: 168}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 10:55:54 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“She just wants to. Run. See the thing is, even my Yamper, Sumi, can’t keep up with her. It’s. Crazy. It’s like Lis here is on another level of speed demon entirely, Sumi is… yeah you should see her sometime, she’s a fat, spoiled Yamper. Ugh,” he went on with a bark of laughter.

Was it his fault he liked spoiling his Pokémon? Maybe slightly…

“Oh, you race? Mantine Surfing’s pretty big where I come from, back in Alola. Dunno if that’s similar to what you do but yeah,” he added with a chuckle.

+
+ wooloo on the loose!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 11:07:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"If she just wants to run, then why not get her involved in the racing scene when she evolves?" Josh asked perhaps a bit too inquisitively. "It's all about finding what you and your Pokémon can work together at to achieve both your goals. If she's faster than a Yamper, she'll be really good at it." While he didn't voice it, there was nothing wrong with pampering a Pokémon! Josh, of course, had higher standards because he was a Gym Leader, but there was nothing wrong with giving a house Pokémon a little love!

"Yep!" Josh smiled with a chipper reply. "I converted Mauville Gym into a racing facility when I took over in September of last year. It accommodates land, water, and flying Pokémon." Mantine Surfing...that was a phrase he hadn't heard in a while. "Mantine Surfing actually came to Hoenn last summer. Slateport had a surfing contest. I didn't do too well in it; I prefer to be able to sit down when riding a Pokémon rather than standing on one. But everyone has their preference."

Josh reined his Umbreon toward the rest of his squad. "It was great talking to you, but I need to get back to my patrol route. Great to meet you, Jack! When your Yamper and Wooloo evolve, you should stop by my Gym in Mauville. I'm sure they'll love you for it."

{WC: 236}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

Ven

jack
he / him / his
twenty-seven
october 13
Malie, Alola
blissfully unaware
shepherd & lorekeeper
civilian
remember me
for centuries
40 height
40 height
awards
413 posts
Jack Napier DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @napier
Jack Napier
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 12:14:34 GMT
Jack Napier Avatar
[attr="class","iggy"]
“You haven’t seen her run. This was just one time. Wait until you actually see her literally, run. She runs just for fun. It’s crazy. Poor Sumi. My Yamper is at the end of her rope dealing with my stubborn Wooloo,” he cackled.

But that was just two of the Pokémon he owned, so.

“I’ll be around the region, being the poor harassed shepherd to this little stubborn one,” he went on, and the Wooloo cut across him with a very empathetic “Baa!” and he devolved into a fit of laughter.

“Should we run across Mauville I’ll make sure to drop by.”

+
+ wooloo on the loose!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 2:35:45 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: