743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2022 18:17:13 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

What transpired at Mt. Pyre came to an end. Team Rocket ran away. But Johanna didn’t. Not at first no. Using her Claydol both her and were teleported to the nearest medical clinic. This one in Lilycove City.

It had been a slow day. The staff there have been mostly on standby for emergencies, given what was supposed to transpire. So they were ready when something popped up right in front of their doorstep.

They almost jumped Johanna to begin treatments of her wounded shoulder, though that admittedly didn’t need much given Megan’s previous work on it. But also all the other injuries sustained after Palkia had its spatial way with her body.

Any questions were directed at Megan, for at this point Johannna was fatigued and barely standing.

Once the wounds and damages were finished being treated, she was given a bed to rest and recuperate in. And that’s where she would wake up. Hopefully to the sight of Megan nearby.

OOC: Mission thread for POST PAAA. Takes place right after.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 20:45:36 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

And any questions were all but summarily answered with broadly gesturing at the sky, Mt. Pyre, the madness that took place all over Hoenn and some brief, non-committal notions about a team Rocket attack. Fortunately, she honestly did not know who exactly had attacked her friend, so she was not committing any perjury in that regard even as she answered exhausting questions, receiving exhausting answers in return.
[break][break]
Fortunately, at least Johanna seemed to be out of the woodwork at some point, letting her rest a little. A good while later, she was even able to rest next to the hospital bed, while the staff readied themselves for potential other arrivers from those calamities, just in case. No one really had time to look after someone not critically injured, so they were grateful to leave them together. Though Megan had given Jo’s real name as per request, leaving a small unease that someone might have already uncovered which group the latter belonged to.[break][break]
Another bridge to cross when it came to it. For now, she had simply watched the other, cross-legged on the hospital chair – until the drowsiness had overtaken her proper. She was tired, too, but just trusted Jo to still be there when she woke, seemingly sleeping with a bit of a frown, but completely unguarded even in her slightly scraped-up form.
[break][break]

+ giving her a chance to angst over doing the leaving thing after all if she wants to haha

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
A Beacon of Safety during times of War
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 21:03:12 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Johanna slowly opened her eyes as awoke from her slumber. The first thing she saw was Megan sitting on a hospital chair. It took Johanna a far too long moment to notice that Megan was sleeping. The sight brought a smile on her lips.

A quiet sigh escaped her as her gaze moved to her surroundings. She didn’t recognize it, and to be honest her memory was hazy at best.

But then she looked down. She realized this was not the clothes she had worn when she arrived. Her clothes had been switched with a standard hospital gown. Thoughts moving a hundred miles per hour began to whir in her head.

She was certain that whoever would be looking would be able to find infringing evidence in that bundle of clothes. She had to run, she had to get away from here before the police came for her. She sat up, her hand had grabbed the duvet and was about to pull it off to make her escape when her eyes once again landed on Megan.

You can’t go back to them, Johanna. Team Rocket isn’t where you want to be.

She reminded herself. No, come what may. She wanted to be by Megan’s side as a law abiding citizen, perhaps even more than that.

And so she leaned back into the bed, trying to relax as best she could eyes on Megan as she tried to ignore the aching of her body.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 10:15:01 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

The silent antics of another did not wake her, curiously enough. Megan was far too tired, physically and psychically, from everything that had happened. It would have taken a lot more than that to just up and wake her. And hence, she didn’t. At least not at first, giving the other all the time needed to make her deliberations, albeit accidentally.
[break][break]
But she did not sleep forevermore, either. In fact, before too long Megan did drowsily blink. Likewise, it took her a few moments to realize that the other had woken. Jo was not exactly moving and roving in a bundle of energy, after all. But when she opened her eyes proper, Meg could feel those of another upon herself and a groggy mind slowly connected the dots. Said eyes did widen briefly when she did, however, but she did not jump up or something like that. No, her features softened, already recalling that she had been told not to agitate the patient if it came to that.
[break][break]
Sure, she had also been told to inform the doctor when an awakening happened, but that was pushed aside swiftly. Instead, she started up briefly, only to stop herself and wipe some drool off her face with the back of her wrist. “Hey there, sleepyhead,” she instead gave out, half genuine, half forcing herself to spread some levity. It kind of felt weird, but at the same time also kind of right as well. “Terrible question but are you feeling at least better?”

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 14:42:33 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Megan rose from her slumber, seemingly equally groggy. But like Johanna it did not take long before the presence of another human behind awoke the mind fully.

When their eyes met, Johanna realized that she had been staring. A mild bout of shyness washed over her, forcing her eyes down as her cheeks warmed. But not for long.

“Hey.” She replied, meeting Megan’s smile with one of her own.

“Everything considered. I am feeling about as fine as I can.” She said, “My body is aching in places I didn’t even know was possible. Head’s spinning, all that jazz.” She continued, figuring Megan wasn’t going to settle for the simple and short answer.

“How about you?” She paused worry both in her eyes and on her face. “How are you feeling?” Immediately checking up on her friend as if she had been the one getting short and or dying.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2022 23:04:07 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Guess it’s much the same but just like, less so.” There was no point trying to pretend as if she had been through even remotely as much as the other had had. That image of Jo just being all but flung about by the vengeful finger of god was not one that she would be able to forget anytime soon.
[break][break]
For the time being though, Megan tried to replace it with the picture of current Jo fidgeting but feeling at least somewhat better. That was good enough. For then. “Doctors said that you would be sore for quite a while, but that you would make a full recovery at least. That’s good, I think. I myself just got a few scrapes here and there. My pride took the strongest hit, if you ask me. Nothing I did seemed to even scratch that Pokemon at the end of the day. Kind of pathetic for someone wanting to become a gym leader.” There definitely was a lot of frustration in these words – and she did not try to hide it in the slightest. If nothing else, she wanted to be honest with Jo, especially after what had come to light. Even if that meant being a bit rude venting when the other had been hit so much more strongly by what had been going on.
[break][break]
But it had to get out anyway, even though she had to look down, slightly clenching a fist. After all, the time for sleep had passed now. She had slept for long enough, really.

[break][break]

+ , sleep reference for advent 24

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 18:40:13 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

For a moment she felt Merry. To know that Megan came out of this much less wounded than her. Nothing could bring her more joy.

But where Johanna had been spared the knowledge of her own powerlessness, by being dead and all. Megan had not been granted the same peace of mind. And she vented those frustrations in Johanna’s general directions.

“Don’t beat yourself up about it, I didn’t do much either, right? Besides, Palkia’s supposed to be a deity?” Johanna said. The thought of Palkia’s power sent a shiver down her spine. “I would be surprised if anyone could put a scratch on it alone.” A grim thought indeed, but perhaps there was hope to be found.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 18:21:58 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“I know, I know, it is all reasonable and logical. But my mind doesn’t work that way. That logic loops straight back and mercilessly tells me that if something like that happens again, there is jack I can do. And what then? It’s not like I could have just accepted it if….if you had truly been obliterated like that. I still don’t know what brought you back but without that freak accident there….there would not have been anything I could have done. Nothing at all!”
[break][break]
Still clenched fists, she was looking down now, certainly, agitated even as she tried to suppress just that. Those certainly were not merry thoughts at all. Even though they really should be, at this point in time. “I am sorry by the way. It must have been so much worse for you to live through that. I haven’t really been hurt but at the same time, all my efforts and rage, nothing changed anything. It just flung you away like that and there was nothing ever and at all I could do. That is just so…ughh. So absolutely frustrating!”

[break][break]

+ Merry used

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2023 18:23:47 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Johanna looked down upon her own hands. Megan’s frustration was not unknown to her. To know they could do so little against a deity, even if it was to protect Megan.

But would the frustration help? Not likely.

No, she had to be there for Megan. She had to help her shoulder the burden of failure.

“I know.” Johanna spoke. Getting out of bed, though she probably shouldn’t.

She was quick to try and place her hand on Megan’s clenched fists. “But I don’t think it’s right to hold on to that frustration. There was nothing WE could do.” Johanna said, trying to pull Megan out of her headspace. “But we both survived, and that is what is important.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 20:38:06 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

The best thing the other could do to get her out of that space was, ironically, to move. Because Meg was very quick at getting up herself when she saw that and gently, but decidedly, pushing the other back down onto the bed. “Doc says you stay in bed, so you stay in bed,” she replied, strictly but with a bit of warmth in her voice. There was no telling what kind of issues came from coming back from the dead, after all. It was better to not take any chances.
[break][break]
“But yeah. I know. And I am still not sure how I feel about you almost dying. I mean, we don’t know each other for that long. And you could have probably died in-between our meetings as well without me ever knowing, with that dangerous job and all. I am grateful that we both survived. But that also just means I will worry more in the future. That I will have to get strong enough so that I can actually do something the next time something like that comes up. What if I can’t and either of us does end up dead?” It was definitely eating at her still. And that brush with death was difficult to just get rid of.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 17:34:31 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

This room was clearly a movement free zone. This Megan, or perhaps it was the doctors here, had decided.

The moment Johanna as much as tried to get out of the bed. Megan got out of a rut and pushed her back into the bed as Megan recited the words of the doctors.

Stay in bed.

How could she when Megan was feeling like that?

Though the warmth in Megan’s voice calmed her enough to stay put. Johanna listened to Megan’s worries.

Death had become such a force in the young woman’s mind, it was clear to see even for Johanna. “Well, about that job…” Johanna began.

“I am going to quit. I know doing that will be dangerous, and honestly I fear that they might come for me in retaliation. But I think it’s worth the risk...” Her heart was beset with worry, nervousness. Even saying these words out loud made her fear that on the other side of those walls a spy could be listening.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 20:10:36 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

This all was just no good. To be like this, to be like this in front of someone who had suffered way more than she had, it was all but rude, really. And with every second that passed, she kind of felt worse about it all. Megan sighed, softly, as she rested half-sitting on the bed for the time being, though also careful to not be too close to the injured one.
[break][break]
Who still seemed to take this in a lot better stride than she did, admittedly. Megan was half surprised at the sentiment, half not. Her friend had seemed rather unhappy with her situation when everything got revealed. It probably was just that simple. If you got frozen in shock when a friend found out about your job, it was probably not a good one. [break][break]
Meg reached out, starting to say something, but then she did not. Instead, she briefly patted the other on the head. That one had not been bandaged, so it was safe. “I am not going to second-guess that due to the danger you speak of. But promise me one thing regarding that job change. If there is anything I could do to protect you from that kind of retaliation, you tell me. I can’t take on gods, but I can take on thugs to protect someone I care about. At least that.”

[break][break]

+ ooc notes

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 17:00:43 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

She felt a worry she hadn’t felt in a long time. Deep seated roots tugged at her heart. But then she felt Megan’s hand patting upon her head and she felt a sense of ease washing over her, alongside some measure of comfort as Megan promised her help should she be set upon by Team Rocket.

Lips tightening into a thin line, as Johanna tried to decide whether to smile or look worried. She did not like the thought of Megan getting pulled into her bad blood with Team Rocket. But in the end, her choice fell upon a smile. For she knew she could not stop Megan, even if she wanted to.

“I promise.” Though it didn’t feel particularly great to make a promise that was sure to inevitably lead Megan into danger.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Lime

Meg
Female
April 29
Slateport
Bi
Trainer
N/A
Single
103 height
103 height
awards
369 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime2
Megan Whitmore
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 22:17:51 GMT
Megan Whitmore Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

“Good!” Her reply did sound a bit more invigorated now. Was it because she had gotten her way there? Or was it just because she now had at least a semblance of a plan? Either probably worked, even if neither truly seemed fully applicable.
[break][break]
Either way though, she immediately felt at least bit more lively already. Thus, she was able to sit back down and even ease up a bit. Those things had had to be said, yes, but aside from that things were getting a bit more decent, weren’t they? “That being said, let’s hope nothing too bad happens anytime soon. I kind of had my fill of those kinds of adventures for a while. And you will need to recover for at least a few days the doctor said, so I guess I will stay in town for a while, too.”
[break][break]
And yes, that was just what was going to happen one way or another. Jo didn’t really have that much of a say in that particular matter.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Senpai

JoJo
She/Her
July 07
Ever Grande City
Homosexual
Theme Park Owner
Civilian
Single
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
743 posts
Johanna Joy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @johanna
Johanna Joy
Changing Paths (mission)
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 9:16:25 GMT
Johanna Joy Avatar

Seeing how Megan found invigoration in her promise made Johanna ease a bit. She didn’t like how ready and willing Megan was to throw herself at danger for Johanna’s safety. But there was nothing she could do about that. And, honestly it was nice to know someone cared.

“Same, I’ve had my fill of such adventures too.” Johanna replied as Megan reminded her that by doctor's orders she was supposed to rest. “The next one definitely has to be more light-hearted.” She joked.

With Megan back in her seat, Johanna could ease back into the bed. There was little she could do with the watchful gaze of Megan upon her.

“You know, once I am out of that other job, I need to find something else to do. Got any suggestions?” Johanna looked hopefully toward Megan.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]