Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Thin my Heart With Little Things [MASQUE]
POSTED ON Dec 19, 2022 3:34:33 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest3"]
[attr="class","nomitest3title"]

Merry Masquerade

[attr="class","nomitest3body"]

Nomi sipped her drink - she'd asked for whatever was strongest, and by the taste of it, the bartender had definitely delivered - and watched the crowd of people around her: a sea of glittering fabrics, ostentatious displays of grandeur, and hidden identities. Bodies pressed together on the dance floor, others circled like hawks, and still others laughed raucously as drinks were enjoyed. Few stood alone, as Nomi did now, unaccompanied save for a Pokémon. Valerian sat primly next to Nomi as she leaned her back against the bar counter, gaze scrutinizing as various flashy forms passed briefly by the bar, sometimes stopping to grab a drink on their way to whatever networking - or debauchery - they had planned for the evening.[break][break]
"I feel foolish," she admitted to the Sylveon softly, lips pressed up against the glass as she tipped another sip of mostly liquor down her throat. "These games played behind mask and majesty convolute what already feels...difficult for me." She sighed. "Scientific research is easy compared to...whatever this is," she waved her hand vaguely in the direction of the rest of the party.[break][break]
Val sniffed, a rather noncommittal sound. Nomi flashed him a wry smile. "Look, at least I danced, didn't I?" A small part of her hoped someone else might ask her to do so again, but she also did not feel particularly in the mood to be wooed by some stranger who turned out to be someone who had an actual date, as clearly had.[break][break]
Well, let them come, she thought. She'd worn her Tera Shard visibly for a reason...to be noticed. She might not be especially experienced at navigating the nuances of socializing at a fancy party, but she had come here, rather than turn down the invitation to spend time in the lab. A part of her wanted to be here...and, well, that part of her had enjoyed her dance with a dashing stranger, even if he then ran off to be with someone else.[break][break]
Nomi couldn't give up after one rejection. If she were that sort of person, she wouldn't have a Tera Shard in the first place.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Nomi's Dress[break]
- Nomi's Mask

[attr="class","nomitest3pkmn"]

[attr="class","nomitest3credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nomitest3"]--accent:#f798d6;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3title"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 7:31:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THIN MY HEART

WITH LITTLE THINGS

THE PROBLEM WITH HARD LIQUOR ISN’T THE TASTE. fouler beast have been braved, and he is all the stronger for it. no. the issues stems from the arid aftertaste that long outlasts its invitation. the need to quench this barren thirst is a provocation that leads into an uneasy spiral. a weakness that only grows stronger until one finally gives in.

but fernando does not give up. not now. not ever. this self adhered creed is what keeps him from relishing in shot after shot. while others allow an open bar to line their pockets with gluttony, he paces himself at a steady rate. one drink, two if his conversation partner matches, and then a water before perusing anything else.

somehow, his count still remains within the limit of both hands. one he pushes to the brink each time he visits the bar. however, the repugnance of his conversation with and can’t push him there quick enough.

the amount of people clustered at the other end of the bar means he’ll stand here awkwardly for a good while before some attention is paid his way. enough time to strike up some small talk with whoever is nearby.

a certain glimmer makes his choice easy.

that’s a lovely stone,” is his word of introduction. not far off from the nefarious guile of her last suitor.

that rogue bastard.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2022 4:35:04 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Merry Masquerade

Nomi looked up, meeting the gaze of the newcomer. She did not recognize him, but of course, he was masked like all of the gala's guests. His voice wasn't familiar to her, but something itched at the back of her mind when he spoke, triggering a sudden sense of déjà vu. She cocked her head at him curiously, sipping her cocktail but also drinking him in. He seemed to be a handsome fellow from what she could tell, the mask obscuring some of his facial features, his build tall and lean. He struck her as...professional. A businessman of some kind?[break][break]
Careful. This one may be no different than the last.[break][break]
"Thank you," she replied, schooling her expression into a pleasant neutrality as Valerian moved subtly in front of her in a defensive position, the fiery quality of his pastel pink eyes hot enough to inflict a heat death. "It was not easy to procure."[break][break]
Nomi knew that it was highly unlikely the man had approached her on a whim, intrigued by mere jewelry. No, he knew what she had, same as her scoundrel of a dance partner. That much was obvious.[break][break]
"I assume you have some questions for me about it," she continued matter-of-factly, the bitter aftertaste of hard liquor on her tongue. "Go on then, let's hear them."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Nomi's Dress[break]
- Nomi's Mask

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3title"]letter-spacing:.5px;text-transform:uppercase;font:800 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:jutify;font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest3 .nomitest3credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:10px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 21:48:30 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THIN MY HEART

WITH LITTLE THINGS

“HM?”

there is a defensiveness to her diction that puts him at ease. the way she strings her words together—they taste of a presumptuousness that can only be concocted by scorn. which makes picking her apart easy enough. for the guarded come from bastardized expectations.

all he has to do is unravel them.

not quite. just admiration.

a sleight of hands produces his own TERA SHARD. it’s unpolished, more an object of interest than one repurposed for wear. beneath its rough surface is the refracted gleam of dirty white light. a fragment of the SILENT ICELANDS, a crystalized clue-in as to the TERA TYPE that resides inside.

after all, its rare to find someone with the same appreciation.”

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 20:20:36 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Merry Masquerade

To Nomi's immense surprise, the man produced his own TERA SHARD with a subtle flick of his wrist. In contrast to Nomi's fiery crystal - a swirling mix of polished golds and oranges - this one was the opaque white of raw quartz. Ice, she thought immediately, curiosity piqued. Where had he recovered it? Had he been to Meteno too?[break][break]
"It's beautiful," she said, the appreciation he'd mentioned plainly apparent in the awed tone of her voice. "Have you tested it, yet?"[break][break]
She did not elaborate - if this man was a scientist like she was, then he would know exactly what she meant. If he had been to Meteno, he would have also seen the way the mineral vein had reacted to the Pokémon companions that had traveled with League and Rocket alike. And if he was someone else - someone who had stumbled upon such a rare treasure by happenstance - then she wanted to know how easy it was for anyone to realize the potential of the shards.[break][break]
Merely a collector of rare goods? Or someone more informed...?

[break][break]

NOTES

- Nomi's Dress[break]
- Nomi's Mask

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 1:25:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THIN MY HEART

WITH LITTLE THINGS

“HEAVENS NO.”

her inquiry fashions a firm chuckle. the way his TERA SHARD shifts between his fingers allows its sheen to twinkle against the bar’s dull lighting.

for all of hoenn’s mystery, there is equal parts danger.

as if to annunciate his point, he returns the gem to his pocket.

a risk not worth taking when i can wait for the league to do it for me.

he fashions a pause.

or rocket—you never know these days.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 3:06:19 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Merry Masquerade

Nomi cocked her head cutely, ringlets of curled pink hair spilling across her shoulder, overwhelmed with curiosity regarding this man's identity.[break][break]
"Not a man of science, then?" She inquired carefully. "Or perhaps you're just someone who prefers to keep his hands clean."[break][break]
She knew such an observation would come off rather enigmatic, given the fact that both members of the League and Rocket were in attendance at tonight's masquerade. Something about his comment regarding Rocket made her feel sure that this man was aware of that fact. She did not recognize his voice as someone from her organization, but that didn't mean much. She had not met every Rocket. But he could just as likely be a League government official well-versed in Rocket's activities.[break][break]
Nomi sipped her drink, trying to decide what she wanted out of this exchange.[break][break]
"Regardless of the risks involved in testing them, what do you make of these strange new crystals, supposedly remnants of Meteno's mysterious mineral vein? What sort of impact do you think they will have on our region's future?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Nomi's Dress[break]
- Nomi's Mask

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 9:34:58 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THIN MY HEART

WITH LITTLE THINGS

“A MAN WHO HAS LIVED IN HOENN FOR MANY, MANY YEARS,” is a far cry hint at his actual identity.

that alone, considering the region’s history, should explain his particular penchant for caution over adventure. despite the gushing immigration of trainers to seek out hoenn’ untold wonders, the people who live here simply persist to see another day. they are, in a way, the ones who truly get to watch as the world changes day by day.

i think—

he pauses to weigh in on his thought. looking upwards, chin tilted, as if the answer reside just out of reach.

—they are a catalyst. not unlike MEGA STONES, they will open a phenomenon we do not understand but must undertake in fear that someone else will beat us to the punch. the only difference is that there are more eyes than ever, waiting for an opportune moment.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 2:22:42 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Merry Masquerade

He was right, of course. But --[break][break]
"Who could beat us?" Nomi wondered, genuinely curious. It was both a blessing and a curse. Science was the success of curious minds, after all, but sometimes, it was their downfall. Her parents had learned that lesson the hard way.[break][break]
Perhaps the alcohol was getting to her head, but Nomi felt suddenly bold. She stepped forward, closing the distance between them, so that she was directly facing this mystery man. She gazed up at him, much shorter, and thought that perhaps there was something familiar about him. Like maybe she'd met him in a dream.[break][break]
"You said, beat us to the punch. Who is our biggest rival, then? Distinguished Galar, innovative Unova, traditional Johto?" She tried to see through his mask, comprehend every angle of his face. "Kanto?" She breathed that word out like an incantation, as if she were about to cast a spell. She narrowed her crimson eyes, trying to decide something.[break][break]
"I think you're a business man," she concluded suddenly, smile triumphant.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Nomi's Dress[break]
- Nomi's Mask

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 0:33:43 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THIN MY HEART

WITH LITTLE THINGS

THE GRANDEUR OF HIS HEIGHT SEEMS MINISCULE AT HER BEHEST. for every steps she looks to close between them, so too does the discrepancy between eye level. it brings them to a level where they meet as peers. just as easily in one another’s grasp—

possibly.

his eyes gravitate back down at her presumption. regions that many people don’t even consider how prevalent hoenn has become. but even that is too small a scope to sate hoenn’s mastermind.

that’d be correct, i suppose. a trainer for hire must navigate his work with his life on the line.

his own smile is milder in comparison.

but my business in hoenn has taught me that you have more to handle than other regions. the war with aliens was my first time battling something other than humans.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 1:37:00 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Merry Masquerade

So. He had been to Meteno, then?[break][break]
Inwardly cursing the mask for making it difficult to read his expression, Nomi tried to hone in on his exact meaning. It wasn't arrogance - or rather, some boast about an impressive accomplishment - if anything, his tone was cautionary. A warning. Was she intelligent enough to heed it?[break][break]
"I have seen a fraction of what's out there," she admitted to him. "Beyond our planet." She did not take her eyes from him. "We are not ready for an invasion. The meteor was nearly our downfall. You are right: we have more to worry about than the other regions."[break][break]
And now, a challenge of her own.[break][break]
"And how would a man like you prepare for such a future?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Nomi's Dress[break]
- Nomi's Mask

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 4:54:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THIN MY HEART

WITH LITTLE THINGS

“ME?”

he sounds amused by her question. as if she were to put him on a pedestal he doesn’t deserve.

sit back and let the professionals handle it. the league has done quite well both times so far. them and their avatars, i suppose.

until he peaks at her with the slightest fox grin.

and if they need my help, they’ll know where to reach me.

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
awards
1,336 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 1:27:48 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]

Merry Masquerade

Have the League done well? Nomi wasn't so sure.[break][break]
"We barely survived Meteno," she scoffed, unable to help herself. "There are many who worry that next time, we won't be so lucky." She paused. "There will be a next time." She was sure of this. Nisa Holo's confident smirk still haunted her dreams.[break][break]
Nomi's cryptic conversationalist was obviously someone important. To even suggest that the League might call on him in a time of need was to admit that he had some sway over and her government. This masquerade was an irritating game of "guess who."[break][break]
"Do you want to dance?" She asked suddenly. Her drink was nearly done.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Nomi's Dress[break]
- Nomi's Mask

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 1:40:39 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

THIN MY HEART

WITH LITTLE THINGS

“PERHAPS.” not even the strongest detraction can wipe away his smile. “but they hadn’t called me in for METENO. i imagine they got better at fighting the megalopolans since the ULTRA BEAST WAR.

he extends a hand, all bravado. roleplaying his own sense of what charming should look like. undermining the very deceit of such an event.

i’m far from a dancer.

his face tilts to the dance floor.

but it would be my pleasure.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,791 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 1:14:32 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: