awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 1:41:07 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

here come more claws, bared fangs, and all willow can do now is feel sorry for penelope. will sees a woman worn ragged, taking out her anger on the nearest person beside her. she sees someone who's been hurt, but she can't fathom why. she can't fathom how

not when she's telling her she knows his goodness. love is a fickle thing, though, and it doesn't make sense on the best of days. 

"have you?" she asks before thinking better of it. she sighs and shakes her head. "stay mad at me as long as you'd like, penny, but i hope you find it in yourself to forgive him."

she could leave. she could walk away and try to get in touch with ollie. but she's not perfect and it's petty, but aside from her pity, she's still annoyed

"so i take it you and cian are doing well then? he asked us all out to dinner, you know."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 1:57:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I have," She reassured her.
[break][break]

Whether Willow chose to believe her or not didn't matter. Despite the flurry of emotions she still felt, Penelope was still certain of one thing: they more so bitter feelings of a crime devoid of justice than indicators of anything more.
[break][break]

"I'm good, thanks."
[break][break]

Out of all of her New Years resolutions, making up with her ex-boyfriend and his mistress wasn't all that appetizing for the stomach. Maybe next year.
[break][break]

"Did he now? First I'm hearing of this."
[break][break]

Annoyance tightened her voice. Why was it, even in her current relationship, this woman had found a way to sour her life. Was there any piece of Hoenn safe from 's manipulative hands?

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
we sewed all the holes we had to breathe
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 23:51:08 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

well, at least she can tell ollie she tried. she can't say she's too upset about it. even with the excuses of inebriation, willow has a feeling penelope isn't that great of a companion to have anyway. callous jealousy is an ugly thing. 

she can tell her comment stings. satisfaction and regret twine together and hit her instantly. she looks away from penny's bleary gaze and stares down her now-empty ginger ale. 

"almost a year ago now. he seemed happy." her jaw tightens. "i'm sure he's happier now that he's out of rocket. was that your idea? telling people like he did?"
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 10:07:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The mention of her goofy boyfriend's joy drew out a faint smile from the woman. He was always happy, even in the worst circumstances. For better or for worse, this infectious apathy toward the stressors of life was what perfectly bound them to one another, with one's instinctual reaction to negativity always counterbalancing the other.
[break][break]

Unfortunately, yet again, Willow violently murdered every positive thought in her mind. With words smeared with accusation, Penelope felt pinned up against the wall, crucified before being given the chance to speak. It was a natural thing -- something she'd experienced time and time again, both as a reporter and councilwoman. And yet, the familiarity of this feeling offered no aid against the surge of emotions that came with her tightened jaw.
[break][break]

"Would you believe me if I said no?"
[break][break]

Shaking her head, her gaze lowered back down to her emptied tumbler. Memories of that day were sobering enough to force her to pause.
[break][break]

"I didn't even know he was in rocket. Not until he told me he wanted to do, you know, that."

Bitterness warped her voice. Memories of his confession still inflicted more doubt than she'd ever admit to. Was he lying about this, how about that -- questions she never thought she'd find herself asking became commonplace within her relationship.
[break][break]

Hunching forward, her finger idly traced the rim of the glass, encircling it until it sang.
[break][break]

"I did support him through it, though."

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 18:15:23 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

suddenly having a productive conversation with penny doesn't seem impossible. willow doesn't know her well enough to read the emotions on her face. her drunkenness gives her some idea - hurt, frustration, etc. - but the nuances escape her.

she listens, green eyes softening, and thinks maybe penny will let her take care of her now. she raises a hand to the bartender and asks for a couple of waters. one, she slides over to penny, but she doesn't push it any further than that. she just leans back in her bar stool and sighs. 

"i'm glad," she says. "you're a strong woman."

silence. "they say forgiveness is the hardest thing you can do, but i think it's trust. it's easy to forgive the past, but to forgive and then say i trust you. i trust you won't do it again. that's hard.

"sorry. i don't mean to ramble. it's been on my mind lately. cian and bo, they're good people. better than most. and i'm not trying to tell you what you already know. i just...sometimes it's nice to hear you did the right thing, you know? sometimes it's nice to hear someone say it.

"so i'm happy you stood by him. and...i'm sorry."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 18:52:44 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

For once, she allowed Willow's innate kindness lick her wounds. One by one, memories of 's confession awoken back up, reviving what she thought to be dead feelings, when in reality, they'd just been overshadows this entire time. Consumed by the horrors of her workplace and Hoenn, Penny never allowed herself time to breath, to greave, and to fully consider the weight of the betrayal she'd felt.
[break][break]

Whenever she tried to give herself the chance to bide by those thoughts, Cian's face always came to mind. How scared he looked back then -- it pained her to see him like that. Her one and only sun burdened by the choices of his parents.
[break][break]

"Mmm."
[break][break]

Without a word, she reached for the water willow had order for her. It's ice cold touch filled her throat with relief she hadn't known was needed up until that very moment. When she placed the cup back down, a elongated sigh left her lips, signaling more than just the end of her night out.
[break][break]

"Save your pity, I don't need it. Or want it."
[break][break]

Even when one might begin to think they were finally mending their crumbled relationship, Penelope found a way to strike it back down. Until only ruble and chunks of debris was left behind.
[break][break]

There was no room for friendship between them, or even mutual apathy.
[break][break]

"Of course I stood by him. There was no way in hell I wouldn't."
[break][break]

She paused, shaking her head.
[break][break]
I'd rather die than let him face everything by himself.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

crow

will
she/her
twenty-nine
november 12
rustboro
heterosexual
horticulturist
civilian
awards
639 posts
part of
TAG WITH @willow
willow atkins
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 17:00:45 GMT
willow atkins Avatar

so much for her attempt to repair things. the strings that tie them together are knotted - thick, ugly things that just about anyone sane enough would take one look and say you're better off cutting it. for now, she lets it rest. she stops her picking and her attempt at fixing it. she's too tired to make a decision just yet. 

"you say of course like it's the most natural thing in the world." 

has she seen the sides of cian he's kept hidden from her? that night at the masquerade, watching the anger get the better of bo, watching him devolve into it - his arms weren't his own. his face wasn't his own. his eyes weren't his own. but they were, weren't they? they were just of the man he both was and wasn't, of the someone who still lives inside him. 

she does not have a friend here so she does not share her anxieties and isn't that the loneliest thing in the world? 

she fishes for her wallet and pulls out several bills. she had imagined she'd be paying for some of ollie's drinks, but the opportunity to make an exit and throw something in the councilwoman's face is too much to pass up. she'll kill her with kindness if it's the last thing she does. 

"don't lose yourself to love, penny. you might end up just like ollie." 

the bartender passes by and she tosses the bills down. "i'm settling her tab. she doesn't need anything else to drink tonight." she stands, shoulders her bag, and sighs at the other woman.

"good-bye, penny." a pause. "get home safe."
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,715 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 3:29:53 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Hatred lay thick on her tongue. For Penelope, standing by is the most natural thing in the world. Without him, without her one and only rock, she couldn't imagine how grey life would become. How scary every little shadow would be.
[break][break]

Alas, she kept these thoughts locked behind her tightened lips and scowl. This conversation was over.
[break][break]

"Ha! "
[break][break]

Her advice couldn't be taken as anything less than a joke. Don't lose yourself to love -- maybe Willow should practice what she preached instead of offering lectures for free.
[break][break]

To the rest, she decidedly remained silent. There was nothing left to be said to this woman.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
EUPHORIA [S/BAR]
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 3:14:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: