thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
vying
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 17:13:18 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","theolol"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

it is late into the evening when he arrives at the charming thatched cottage. the recent cold in hoenn has him bundled up in winter wear, still adapting to the change in temperature as is the rest of hoenn, he imagines.[break][break]

he unbundles the scarf around his neck as he steps in. the inhale is to be expected as he takes in the varying aromas, unable to pinpoint anything in particular. he's sure he smells rose mingled in there.[break][break]

eventually, he turns to greet a familiar face.[break][break]

"hello there."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"][break]
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-naganadel"]

[newclass=".theolol"]--accent:#d5d5d5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/983304546132578304/icon-12.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol blockquote b, .theolol blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .theolol blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .theolol blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
vying
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2022 17:34:22 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisatest"]
[attr="class","elisatestbody"]
As the door opened, her late-night visitor would be embraced by the warmth suffusing the interior of the cottage, emanating from the sanctity of her nearby greenhouse. A barren garden was visible through the windows, dead and waiting for the renewal of spring.[break][break]

"Welcome," Elisabeth said politely as he entered. Tea had been set on the table, a respite from the cold he could take, if he wished. [break][break]

The scent intermingled with the plants around them -- a vase of roses, but hanging plants of ferns and ivy, too.[break][break]

"I have to admit, it's strange seeing you so far from work."[break][break]

There were many who believed Elisabeth to be completely inept in technology, but in one significant way, she had a unique perspective others lacked.[break][break]

No bugs or listening devices would be found in the foyer of her home, a careful and meticulous eye ensuring that nothing had escaped her notice in that regard.[break][break]

Security and asset management had, after all, been her late husband's specialty of choice.[break][break]

"I hope the journey wasn't unpleasant?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

[attr="class","elisatestpkmn"]

[attr="class","elisatestcredit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest"]--accent:#df8c7d;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
vying
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2022 9:59:14 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","theolol"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

this meeting should be no stranger than them constantly meeting each other during the splashfest. he remembers the dunk tank vividly. he remembers getting dunked slightly more.[break][break]

fun times.[break][break]

"it was uneventful, which i'm told is a good thing these days."[break][break]

he takes up his seat, appreciative of the warm cup of tea provided.[break][break]

"and how is work? are you settling into your new role well?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".theolol"]--accent:#d5d5d5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol blockquote"]width:320px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 30px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol .icon"]background-image:url(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/541784995921002518/983304546132578304/icon-12.jpg); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol blockquote b, .theolol blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .theolol blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .theolol blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 370px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 20px 20px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".theolol .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 360px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 20px 20px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! CODED BY MAD, PARTIAL CREDIT TO MILKY FOR CODE REFERENCED AND FONT STYLE <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
vying
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 0:31:52 GMT
[nospaces]
Memories of the dunk tank were all tinged in a haze of bloodlust and competition. That she had dunked the underboss many times was something that escaped Elisabeth in this present moment wholly and completely.[break][break]

For the best, most likely.[break][break]

"A good thing? I'd say so." [break][break]

She seated herself across from him, pouring herself a cup of tea. The fresh, sharp flavor of peppermint met her lips with a leisurely sip.[break][break]

There was something jarring in this image, a Rocket underboss and admin sharing tea in a cottage. It amused Elisabeth slightly, enough she had to suppress a tiny smirk from forming.[break][break]

"Littleroot certainly was eventful. I'm told METENO was much the same?"[break][break]

It was indirect, but an answer to his question nonetheless.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisatest u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestbody"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisatest .elisatestcredit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
vying
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 16:30:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","theolol"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

if this image of them amuses her, she will be in for a treat when they inevitably end up on a boat fishing together. it seems the most natural next step in their dynamic.[break][break]

"it was. i quite appreciated the spectacle of it all, though i would not relive it again."[break][break]

his cup of tea raises to his lips, and after a short breath to cool it down, he sips.[break][break]

"i heard league forces were prepared."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
vying
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 6:14:39 GMT
[nospaces]
"Spectacle, hm?" She allowed a small laugh to escape her. That was one way to describe the almost-end of the region. "I can only imagine. The reports were astonishing."[break][break]

Like something out of a science-fiction movie that would show her, explaining in detail all the mechanics of how the ships were made to do this or that, and how practical or impractical the engineering was thereof.[break][break]

All humor dissipated, however, with the return in topic to Littleroot. And the countless League forces stationed there.[break][break]

"They were." Her green eyes flitted up to meet his. "Brazen, isn't it, when the rats brag about their scuttling about in the dark?"[break][break]

The HBS sensationalist article had been laughably poor publicity on the League's part. Endangering their own source for... what? Some notion of infamy and prestige? It would be far better for if he had simply disappeared, leaving Rocket to wonder at the leak among their own.[break][break]

Then again, she didn't expect that sort of foresight from .[break][break]

"Though it wasn't all a loss. It drew more of the League to us in Littleroot, and away from you and Mt. Pyre." She sipped at her tea again, then added, "And we learned Groudon has an Avatar. ."[break][break]

That had been a fun little discovery, hadn't it? A fatal one, almost.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
vying
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 9:45:16 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","theolol"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

it wasn't so much the spectacle of the world ending that intrigued him but rather the brief lull he experienced after touching back down. he remembers the fields of green, the peace and serenity that almost felt like rewards for preventing the end of the world. he'd never experienced such a thing before.[break][break]

of course, that was followed by kyurem's GLACIATE that froze hell over oldale, but he digresses.[break][break]

"i would not call it a loss, no. we gained valuable intel along with access into the odd mechanical world beneath littleroot."[break][break]

he can only nod his head at the mention of groudon and its avatar.[break][break]

"i heard you held your ground well despite that."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
vying
POSTED ON Dec 25, 2022 23:26:09 GMT
[nospaces]
She smiled wryly at the unexpected praise.[break][break]

"Diversion is an easier win condition than victory," the admin conceded.[break][break]

The sheer number of League present had been staggering. . . . . . . . . One battle after another.[break][break]

It was enough chaos to distract Elisabeth from the reality that a meteor was minutes away from potentially obliterating every last one of them.[break][break]

"You weathered quite a lot in METENO yourself. Although given your reputation, I cannot say I am surprised."[break][break]

All this was nothing, to some degree, compared to Kanto.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
vying
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2022 8:56:13 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","theolol"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

her praise, if it even is praise, falls on deaf ears. he has never had the need for such reassurances from anyone other than himself. he chalks it up to her being pleasant, so he nods his head in return.[break][break]

he is curious, however, so after another sip, he sets his cup down, then asks a question.[break][break]

"and what reputation might that be?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
vying
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 3:07:06 GMT
[nospaces]
And was it praise she'd given him? In a sense, perhaps. Envy, maybe, that he held power in a way she never had.[break][break]

Or maybe it was simply fear, masquerading as admiration.[break][break]

"It is as you said in the Transfer of Power," Elisabeth said finally. "Kanto was a different time."[break][break]

Whispered stories around the Rocket submarine had painted a gruesome picture of the Blackwell era, of unimaginable cruelty and ruthlessness enacted to achieve the decisive victory over the fallen region. It was equal parts impressive and horrifying, a tale of caution and of triumph both.[break][break]

Her gaze held the underboss's for a moment, considering the weight of her next words, before ultimately giving them voice.[break][break]

"And you thrived there, when others did not."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
vying
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 12:31:05 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","theolol"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

his gaze holds as well, equally as heavy.[break][break]

"a different time indeed. a time many would prefer to stay in the past."[break][break]

a segue to his next point.[break][break]

"i remember you were amongst the few who agreed with littleroot."[break][break]

he pauses.[break][break]

"would you have thrived in kanto?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
vying
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 15:15:33 GMT
[nospaces]

For all her deflections and her indirect nature, there were those who had stares so piercing, it felt as if they could see through Elisabeth as clearly as a pane of glass.[break][break]

To her mind, was one of them.[break][break]

"No," she admitted simply, though there was neither shame nor disdain in the word. She recited it as a matter-of-fact observation, devoid of value judgment. "Not as I am now, at least."[break][break]

Littleroot had brought her own residual weaknesses sharply into focus for her. What empathies she yet possessed. What fears consumed her still.[break][break]

She thrived in the shadows, not in open brutality.[break][break]

"But I would adapt, to survive," she added, and in this, her reply rang with conviction and certainty.[break][break]

It would not be the first time she had transformed into a more monstrous version of herself, one that she could not conceive of ever becoming until necessity demanded it.[break][break]

"To be honest, Underboss Beckett? My actual opinion on Littleroot was irrelevant. would do what he wanted to do with or without my approval. So the wisest action was to accept that fact, and find ways to make it as successful a venture as possible."[break][break]

She had watched others argue pointlessly, fascinated that they thought a man with as much power as Walsh might deem the thoughts of ants worthy of consideration.[break][break]

He hadn't. Men like him never did.[break][break]

certainly never would have.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
vying
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 15:48:01 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","theolol"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

adapt to survive; a concept so simple in theory yet complex in execution. flawed without the right guidance. he has seen firsthand what happens to those who struggle to adapt. the casualties list between littleroot, pyre, and meteno tell him as much.[break][break]

but there is convinction when it comes from elisabeth. it would not surprise him should she outlive even him.[break][break]

"i wouldn't go as far as to say it was irrelevant. believe it or not, this iteration of rocket is the most diplomatic i have ever seen it. declan is a wise leader because he listens. but you are right in saying that it would not have changed our plans for littleroot."[break][break]

that had been decided prior with . the energy source underneath the town was just the final push.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,409 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
vying
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 15:59:36 GMT
[nospaces]

Diplomatic? Yes, she believed that; the surprise and outrage alike at the Transfer of Power confirmed it.[break][break]

Others had expected their words to hold more weight. They had not anticipated their objections to be dismissed, as Elisabeth so quickly had.[break][break]

"Are you familiar with the concept of the Magician's Choice?" A topic that she had discussed with not so long ago. "It is the presentation of multiple choices, while in the end, only one result proves viable."[break][break]

Attacking a significant base such as Mossdeep, on a day where their forces were already split between two other locations? Laughable.[break][break]

Wasting time on Pacifidlog Town, when Littleroot had stores of energy that inspired greed and envy? Childish and short-sighted.[break][break]

It was all a diversion, either way, to her mind. The true contention point was taking advantage of METENO, and risking the fate of the region in the process. Breathtaking risk, for unknown reward.[break][break]

"Walsh presented the options in the best way to achieve the outcome he wanted. The illusion of choice appeased those who might disagree."[break][break]

She pursed her lips for a moment, debating a further point in her mind.[break][break]

"I do value diplomacy. That does not mean I don't see the puppeteer's strings for what they are, or cannot observe the shortness of my own leash."[break][break]

Propaganda wasn't only wielded externally.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Post-PAAA.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
vying
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2022 7:35:47 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","theolol"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]

"i am not."[break][break]

but as she explains, he listens, mulling it over a sip of his tea that continues to soothe his throat.[break][break]

"you have a very keen eye."[break][break]

something he had not overlooked.[break][break]

"i assure you, the shortness on all our leashes is only temporary. even now, with the rifts open, are options seem endless."[break][break]

he sets the cup back down.[break][break]

"what do you think our next move should be?"

[break][break]