awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2022 8:14:29 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
It's a cold December day in SLATEPORT CITY. The merry lighting that adorns the lampposts and buildings, in traditional hues and even a HANNUKAH menorah, is enough to warm the heart, but certainly not the body. After running into and finding she was alone this chilly winter evening, invited her to instead warm up with a drink or two at the local bar: RITUAL.

The doorman takes their coats as they enter. The dimly lit lighting here sets the atmosphere in a relaxing and elegant mood. After reaching the bar, Remiel pulls out a stool for the lady before taking a seat beside her. He then orders them both an OLD FASHIONED. "I'm partial to Mint Juleps," He explains, neatly folding up the sleeves of his shirt as he speaks. "But the Old Fashioned's here are a grade above the rest. I'm excited for you to try it, Ophelia."

He smiles at her, his cobalt-hues appreciating and soaking in her beauty with every glance. Grade above the rest.

MERRY MIXMAS
BAR CRAWL: RITUAL

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

nikki

coin, fi fi
she/her
june 26th
sunyshore city, sinnoh
bisexual
bank owner, chairwoman
cadet
7 height
7 height
i want to watch wisteria grow right over my bare feet
awards
27 posts
ophelia coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 6:48:10 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia b"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]she's used to this sort of thing. not necessarily the bar atmosphere but... the man ordering a drink on her behalf.

it's both a custom and a curse in this world, isn't it?

she's not particular to an old fashioned but it's alcohol and it's been a long night of networking her way into hoenn's social circle.

"is it?"

her tone is pleasant, polite, reigned in. she's still in socialite mode, perhaps.

"i'm excited to try their best."

she knows it'll be good. the establishment looks popular, crowded even.

and when she settles into her seat, she's flashes a smile. the edges are loosening, as if she can't be bothered to keep the practiced efforts in place for much longer.

"do you usually come here?"

[newclass=.ophelia] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ophelia b] color: #AF9AC4; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ophelia i] text-decoration: underline dotted #AF9AC4; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 12:58:02 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Ophelia had always struck Remiel as a woman who preferred the best. They'd never had a chance to peel back the proverbial layers both wore until now, of course, but the prince could tell in the way she conducted herself: her poise, her demeanor, and her taste. Taste in clothing, anyway.

Feeling blessed by her smile, the ambassador needs a moment to regain his composure before scanning the lounge again with his eyes. "I can't say that I have," He answers. "I'm usually a solitary individual outside of work. Places like these, however, are good for entertaining diplomats from other regions. It's how I became aware of Ritual." He adds, pausing when the bartender returns with an Old Fashioned for each of them.

"And you?" The royal ambassador asks, gently seizing his glass but holding off from taking a sip just yet. His cobalt hues are back on her now; dedicated. "Do you frequent these sorts of places often, Miss Coin?"

MERRY MIXMAS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

nikki

coin, fi fi
she/her
june 26th
sunyshore city, sinnoh
bisexual
bank owner, chairwoman
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
27 posts
ophelia coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 1:35:31 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]"solitary?"

a light, almost amused chuckle escapes.

"in this day and age, one might call that a blessing."

she knows, perhaps a little too well, their positions grant them no such happiness. expectations are high and while hers are heavy, his must be crushing.

her head tilts with information and she leans into it without much hesitation. it's a privilege to be given bits and pieces of the man before her. she wouldn't want to squander it.

"do you typically entertain diplomats while in hoenn's borders?"

while she knows little of galar outside of the realm of currency and trade, she likes to imagine the reach is quite extensive.

and where he waits to touch his drink, she takes the first sip for them both. it burns in a way that's familiar, often paired with more business than pleasure.

"i cannot say that i do, mr. calcifet. it has not been in the cards for me as of yet, i'm afraid."

[newclass=.ophelia] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ophelia i] text-decoration: underline dotted #AF9AC4; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 13:05:36 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel laughs along with her. "Believe me, I know. Though sharing the company of someone as lovely as you is even better." He adds, offering to clink his glass with her own before they each take a rich sip. With a satisfied hum, the prince swallows it down and proceeds to answer her next question as he sets his glass down.

"I do. It's part of my job as GALARIAN AMBASSADOR," He explains with a nod. "I'm sure you've dealt with the same as chairwoman before. Even our richest clients have needs, don't they?" Every politician could be bought; he'd put that to practice. Though that's not the line of thinking he cares to go down here.

Leaning his elbow on the counter and propping his chin on the butt of his hand, he asks: "What about you? You must have some needs as well. If it isn't drinking cocktails at a bar, how do you relax?" The royal smiles warmly, though most certainly not before adding one last thing.

"And please: call me Remiel."

MERRY MIXMAS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

nikki

coin, fi fi
she/her
june 26th
sunyshore city, sinnoh
bisexual
bank owner, chairwoman
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
27 posts
ophelia coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 19:53:12 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]in a way, she supposes this isn't the worst way to spend time.

their glasses clink together and she allows hers to return to its paper coaster after she's done with her sip.

"they do have needs but it can be hard to meet every client personally."

some require a different touch than she can provide.

"i find business meetings are best conducted over dinner. both parties leave happier when food fills them prior to their wishes being met."

besides, she deals in loans and financial backing more than anything else. her meetings go swimmingly simply because no one wants to lose their money. she makes sure they never do.

and when remiel asks a question of her free time, she blinks.

how does she relax?

"reading, i suppose?"

there's uncertainty there, as if she doesn't quite know the full answer. perhaps it'd be better to say she rarely gets to relax with a company beneath her wings.

"i've found relaxing is a luxury i seldom see."

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 22:43:52 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Remiel agrees, though doesn't pry into her business further. The mention of needs had only served to prove a point. Their time here was better spent getting to know one other, he thinks, than talking about their respective jobs and clients. Ophelia's momentary blank expression in response to his latest inquiry serves to fulfill that idea.

And he smiles because he's been there before.

Prim, proper, and clinically serious, were still aspects of his personality that he put into practice in his daily life, of course. Though they once seized control of his life, social or otherwise. The woman sitting beside him seemed like the type. The strength and intelligence to succeed came at a cost.

"Hm... what good is our wealth without enjoying some of its luxuries?" Remiel responds, gently stirring his libation with a thin black cocktail straw as his eyes meet her own. "The dedication we place our in work makes enjoying the fruits of our labor that much sweeter, but it is all for naught if you don't stop to enjoy them at all."

Finished with his stirring, the prince lifts his glass to his lips for another sip. He savors it slowly, almost as if to prove his previous point, before setting his glass down and looking back at her with curious blue hues. "What do you read?"

MERRY MIXMAS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

nikki

coin, fi fi
she/her
june 26th
sunyshore city, sinnoh
bisexual
bank owner, chairwoman
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
27 posts
ophelia coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 2:47:56 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]"i suppose..."

though, she isn't as big of a fan of wealth as she necessarily should be.

"i don't know if i'd say my wealth breeds luxury, however. i prefer to not indulge myself in my own financial background."

it leaves a poor taste in her mouth.

sure, her entire life in founded in money... but does it need to dictate everything? she's found a precarious balance of money and care to be the best way to handle her business. too much emphasis on one side and the other suffers.

a light shrug overtakes her shoulders as she raises her drink to take another sip. it's growing on her, perhaps.

"whatever is near."

she flashes a small, barely amused smile.

"trashy books, gossip magazines, anything."

a beat passes before she asks a similar question of him.

"do you read as well?"

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
awards
4,532 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 11:18:51 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
Although Remiel questions what Ophelia truly continues to accrue wealth for, he figures they can delve further into that topic later. Money was a vehicle that took one wherever they wished, after all— it did not replace one as the driver. And, surely, the two of them had enough of it to live comfortably for the rest of their lives if they so wished.

So where was she going with it? It'd be a shame if the answer was nowhere, though he doubted that.

The literature she admits to reading, however, inspires a trickle of laughter from the prince that moves their conversation along. "Is that so? I hope you haven't read anything too unflattering about me, in that case," Gossip magazines seemed to love him, after all. And trashy romance novels of the 'royal' variety alluded to him plenty as well.

He nods when asked if he reads as well, gently stirring his glass again in the meantime. "Of course I do. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest, or so they say." He adds, shifting his gaze onto her with a playful question in mind. "What kind of books do you think I read? Be honest. I'm genuinely curious." He smiles.

MERRY MIXMAS

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
MERRY MIXMAS
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2023 23:10:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: