awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2022 17:44:25 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
An invitation to battle the legendary Heatran? It was a great honor to say the least. Andrea's last spar with a legendary hadn't ended favorably, but apparently she had made enough of a name for herself thanks to her recent exploits for one of the League's elite to take notice. She didn't even think Matias would remember her name after all this time, yet here she was, being summoned by him to Mt. Chimney's deepest depths for a chance to meet the Lava Dome Pokémon.

Unlike the rest of Hoenn currently experiencing the cold wave of the century, the inside of the volcano was as hot as ever, pools of boiling lava illuminating the cave walls in hues of red and orange. In order to survive in that blazing hell, the young PokéManiac was wearing the bottom half of her signature costume like a pair of baggy pants, and a white, sleeveless shirt on top. Her long, orange hair had been tied into a ponytail, a black headband soaking up her sweat.

Her Fuecoco wandered dangerously close to the lava, his curiosity piqued by the glowing, molten fluid. "Stay close to me, Jalapeño. This place can be dangerous." The young woman said, scooping up the baby crocodile and holding him in her arms like an overprotective mother. "Hellooooo? Mr. Matias? Are you here?" She hollered, her voice echoing throughout the volcanic cavern.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,110 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 8:23:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

unfortunately, matias does not rise out of the lava to make his appearance. that would've been really cool. he does, however, wait until andrea steps deeper into the cavern before deciding to call out to her.[break][break]

"over here!"[break][break]

he stands at the far end by a passageway that has an orange glow emanating out of it. lava on the other side, perhaps.[break][break]

when they're close enough, he smiles, then gestures down at the fire-type in her arms.[break][break]

"it's nice to see you again, andrea! very cute fuecoco."

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-rampardos color-shiny"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Dec 29, 2022 11:03:08 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea smiled back at the Elite Four member. "Nice to see you too, Mr. Matias! This cutie's name is Jalapeño, and I love him!" She cooed, smothering her cute little Fuecoco with affection. "He appeared in my family's ranch one day. He's just a little baby, so I'm taking care of him. Being a mother suits me quite well, if I do say so myself. Maybe I was a Kangaskhan in a past life!"

Ah, but she digressed. Getting her mind back on track, the young PokéManiac gazed inquisitively at their surroundings. "So... Where is Heatran? Is it playing hide and seek?" She inquired.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,110 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 15:28:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"ha! maybe you were."[break][break]

he briefly wonders what he would've been in his past life if he was a pokemon. a charizard, maybe, which explains the bond with his own. but he's soon pulled away by her question, shifting his gaze out to the pool of red.[break][break]

"it's resting in the lava somewhere. no doubt preparing for the tough battle we're about to give it."[break][break]

his rampardos stands at the forefront, keen for a fight.[break][break]

"are you ready?"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-rampardos color-shiny"]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2022 16:53:04 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"You're gonna battle too?" The young, costumed woman cocked an eyebrow, wondering just how tough this Heatran was that it took two trainers to quell it, one of whom was an Elite Four member no less.

The trainer of dragons nodded at the man's query. "I'm ready as I'll ever be. I even prepared a Pokémon especially for this." She explained, sending out a strong-looking Garchomp that stood alongside Matias' Rampardos, priming itself for an epic bout. "Finn here should have an advantage!"

It had taken all of Andrea's deductive skills to figure out that the Pokémon that lived inside a volcano and literally had 'heat' in its name was most likely a Fire type.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,110 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 7:54:45 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

oh! matias won't really be battling, at least not in the way he's known to do.[break][break]

"i'll be acting as your support. think of me as your personal cheerleader."[break][break]

he calls out his blissey who trots on over to stand beside garchomp. not too close as to risk being hit by the same attack but close enough to lend its support.[break][break]

"alright! let's begin."[break][break]

almost on command, the pool of molten hot lava shifts, breaking at the surface as a HEATRAN emerges. the same as he had fought alongside the likes of and .[break][break]

it roars, signaling the start of the battle as it sends a wave of STONE EDGE towards the garchomp.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-blissey"]

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2022 9:54:31 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Heatran emerged from the fiery lake, allowing Andrea a quick look on the creature's anatomy before it went on the offensive. A giant lava frog didn't seem that impressive on paper, but if that Stone Edge was anything to go by, its power was definitely worthy of the title of legendary.

"Finn, dodge!" The draconic trainer ordered her combat-ready Garchomp, who used his formidable Mach speed to deftly maneuver past the pointy rocks that erupted from the ground. "Now use Dragon Rush!" With that same speed, the land shark attempted to ram straight into his more sluggish opponent with force equivalent to a monster truck.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,110 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 9:39:25 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

blissey blinks, unable to keep up with how fast the garchomp is. it's forced to PROTECT itself, summoning barriers to block the STONE EDGES before running after the garchomp. but with its short legs, it can only go so fast.[break][break]

garchomp's DRAGON RUSH finds purchase as heatran isn't the most agile of pokemon. it is, however, tanky, as evident by the IRON DEFENSE that coats the surface of its skin. it allows it to take the attack before CRUNCHING down on garchomp.[break][break]

the heatran looks to fling the dragon away before sending another STONE EDGE to slam it back and away.[break][break]

"run, blissey!"

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 11:38:00 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Crunch found its target, the shark-like dragon grunting in pain. However, that jagged texture proved far from a palatable meal for the gargantuan bullfrog. "Nice try, but you didn't account for Finn's Rough Skin!" Andrea boasted, tapping her temple with her finger to indicate that she had outsmarted the opponent with her big brain strats. Her Fuecoco smiled and waved its tiny arms excitedly.

Heatran went for another Stone Edge. That poor Blissey was getting the workout of a lifetime. "Finn, use Dig!" The young PokéManiac exclaimed, her Garchomp burrowing into the ground to avoid the attack in the nick of time. A few seconds later, the land shark burst out of the ground directly below Heatran's prone belly.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,110 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 15:47:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

blissey stumbles when it runs though never falls, always catching its weight in time before that happens. it skids to a stop close enough to the garchomp. still a bit away to avoid getting hit by any attacks but close enough to throw an egg over at it to HEAL PULSE.[break][break]

but consider blissey's surprise when its egg misses. the garchomp burrows into the ground, DIGGING away only to reappear underneath heatran who might've expected the attack.[break][break]

ANCIENT POWERS make the earth rise. heatran levitates up into the air, high enough to buy itself enough time to fire a HEAT WAVE at the garchomp before it can reach it.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 16:35:04 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Finn's astonishment at seeing such a heavy foe effortlessly floating in the air left him susceptible to the Heat Wave. As a reptilian Pokémon, the Garchomp was partial to heat, but that was too much heat even for him to handle.

Skidding backwards to distance himself from the opponent, Finn let out a few ragged breaths. At least he'd stopped zipping around like a maniac, so that Blissey could do her job at last. The dragon then crossed his blade-shaped appendages, a bunch of ethereal, glowing swords hovering around him.

Jalapeño kept waving his stubby arms in excitement. Andrea patted the top of the Fuecoco's head affectionately. "You like Finn's Swords Dance, huh? It looks cool, doesn't it?" She smiled warmly, before her expression hardened in anticipation of Heatran's next move.

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,110 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 7:35:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

finally, blissey's able to do its job. it pulls out an egg from its pouch and tosses it at the garchomp. the egg cracks upon impact, spreading its goo in a HEAL PULSE that begins to soothe garchomp's wounds and burns.[break][break]

not wanting to fall behind, blissey COPYCATS and does a SWORDS DANCE as well, though it pales in comparison to how cool garchomp's looks.[break][break]

LAVA PLUMES begin to shoot out from the pool, each plume arching through the air before landing splat around the garchomp and blissey.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2023 9:01:57 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea giggled at Blissey's imitation of a Swords Dance, mainly due to how unexpected it was for Blissey to boost its attack power. Was it gonna throw hands with Heatran too? Regardless, that Heal Pulse was much appreciated, as Finn nodded back at the big, helpful puffball.

As torrents of lava rained down on them, the Garchomp once again used his Mach speed to dodge, though the tip of his tail and dorsal fin still got seared by the fire. "Try to wear him down with a Crunch!" The speedy dragon did just that, closing the distance and attempting to gnaw on the legendary Pokémon with his mighty jaws, chipping away at its high defenses.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,110 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 7:51:55 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

garchomp's sharp fangs grind against heatran's steely exterior, CRUNCHING. there's no way blissey wants to get up that close so it plays support from a distance as usual. it pulls out another egg, hatching it preemptively before tossing it at garchomp for a HEAL PULSE.[break][break]

hopefully, it would land before the heatran has a chance to counter.[break][break]

heatran's head twists to CRUNCH down on garchomp as well, intending to hold it in place as wisps of lava start to rise around them. MAGMA STORM soon engulfs them.

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
Oh no he's hot! [M]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2023 10:26:31 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The Garchomp bit into Heatran's tough hide, and the latter bit back with just as much ferocity, before enveloping the Dragon type in a blazing maelstrom, ensuring that Blissey's Heal Pulse never reached him, since it fizzled as soon as it touched the wall of fire.

"Finn, get away from it!" Andrea shouted in worry. Her companion violently shook the giant bullfrog off and, while still coated in harmful flames, retaliated with a brutal Earthquake that shook the entire cavern.