snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2023 19:02:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]logically, it is only right that her first inquiry into a meeting lands on the doorstep of .

after all, she has not forgotten his level of expertise, put on display in these very halls. and on some level, she wonders if he has already begun charting these new waters.

a golurk rumbles out right before the door to her office opens. she rises, lips already ushering in a smile as she gestures for him to make himself comfortable. this could, perhaps, be a bit of a long meeting.

"angelo, it's a pleasure to see you again."

and really, it is. he's a familiar face despite uncertainty and anomaly creeping up in the shadows.

"i hope you have been well with everything that's happened."

too much activity in the region bleeds instability, whether it's small trembles in structures or whole fissures in walls. space and time have become distorted. has it been fated or has it been made?

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 16:58:56 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
Considering Angelo had turned down the invitation to join the AQUA initiative, he'd sure spent a good deal of time recently working alongside the League regardless.

This was not the first time that he'd draped a visitor lanyard over his neck and bid a familiar greeting to the secretary manning the Pokemon League's front desk. Nor, he's sure, would it be the last.

Not when their officials continued to present him with business partnerships. 

Today's meeting comes to him from the office of one professor and after waiting for a Golurk's hulking tin shape to rumble through the door, he effortlessly slips past into her workspace, replacing the golem's presence with his own.  

You too, Dr. Reyes. It's been a while.” 

Angelo replies with a smile, clicked in place as soon as he walked through the League entrance.

Well, definitely being kept busy, that's for sure. Bet you can relate.

After all, everything had been happening lately, hadn't it? 

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 19:28:01 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]”absolutely.”

amusement lends itself to her smile. despite the busier atmosphere they’ve been thrown into, it’s not all bad.

they’re able to joke about it, at least…

”sometimes i wonder if things will ever slow down.”

despite the airy sigh, she knows. it will never change. if it’s not rifts then it’s another disaster looming over the region. a never-ending nightmare.

she gestures for him to take a seat with a warm wave. and when he does, she tilts her head toward the coffee station set up in the corner. it looks messy, as if drowning in overuse.

”can i get you a coffee or anything before we start?”

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 19:53:54 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
For the likes of you and me? Probably not.” He answers frankly, smoothed with a soft chuckle. 

Not in their line of respective works, anyway. Although in different veins of expertise, still the unknown calls for discovery. 

Stepping forward, Angelo drops himself down into the gestured chair, sigh of the cushions mimicking the weary exhale from the professor. 

Suppose the content could change, less region-ending disasters, for one.. But I do like being kept busy.” 

Following her head tilt, Angelo is presented with the revelation that Illeana herself appeared to be a practitioner in the art of organised chaos, her coffee nook cluttered and overflowing. Tell tale remnants of a many late night, no doubt. 

Go on then, why not.” He smiles as he leans into the back of the chair, undeterred. “A black coffee would be great.

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 4:02:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a tinkering laugh escapes.

"less disasters might mean less work, i'm afraid, but not having to think about my last days on earth every other week would be nice."

perhaps she'd even feel more at ease. unfortunately, such a thing hasn't been in the cards. not in the past few years, anyway.

where one disaster is avoided, another pops up to take its place. a never-ending cycle of misfortune. fate is a cruel and fickle beast.

she cracks a smile out of exhausted muscles, breaking the face apart and rearranging it to her own liking.

"you got it."

and while she busies herself at the overly messy coffee station, she attempts a slight clean up as she prepares his black coffee. stains are swept away with a napkin. sugar packets shoved back into their eevee decorated holder. stirrers plucked up and tossed into the mini trash can by her feet.

once the coffee is gurgling through its brew, she turns toward him and braces herself against the counter. an empty mug sits next to her left hand, ready and waiting.

"have you been to the rifts, yet?"

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 20:05:45 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Illeana turns her face away from him, attending to the coffee and what looks to be a quick opportunist tidy up while she's already out of her seat.

While her attention is diverted, Angelo leans back in the the chair and scans her office. Not searching for anything in particular, he collects snippets of the scientist's story through clutter and decoration. 

When she turns back to him, blue eyes are already waiting to acknowledge her with an unassuming blink.

First chance I got.” His lips crack into a smile, amusement spilling out in an exhale. Was a ditto pink?

I've been to Mt Pyre so far - the border, or so I've heard it's being called - and I'm planning to go back for a few more trips. There's a lot there to be discovered, feels like I've only just scratched the surface.

And there was the matter of the vengeful Victini, too. It's aggression towards him only proving to do the opposite of deterring Angelo from returning. 

And you? Taken the plunge yet?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 4:16:08 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]when the coffee finishes brewing, she pours it into the empty mug and returns to extend the hot drink toward angelo. the pink dittos on the ceramic exterior wink at him.

"i suppose i should have expected nothing less."

her smile matches his own. he is an explorer through and through.

"have you found anything during your first trip? what was the border like?"

the purpose is obvious: she wants to pick information out of his brain until there's nothing left. she won't be satisfied otherwise.

"not yet. i have an expedition set up to explore the mechanical kingdom in a few days."

she settles, then, on the corner of her desk and directs her full attention onto him.

"are you documenting your expeditions?"

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 22:50:59 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Thanks.” Claw machine gripping the top of the mug, callused fingers dulling the heat of the fresh brew, Angelo takes the ditto peppered ceramic. “Gotta be the cutest mug of coffee I've had in a while.

Sitting on the edge of his seat now with elbows on his knees, Angelo cradles his mug while it steams, enjoying the aroma.

If you ignore the temperamental spirits and the sea of mist, it was sort of beautiful, actually. From what I could gather, the landscape's mountainous. There were floating islands, too.

Illeana's Mechanical Kingdom beckons his interest. Angelo makes a mental note to check that one out later.

That's the plan,” he confirms.

At this point, charting and exploration had become an important part of his trade. To not take advantage of the rifts would be detrimental to both Nautica's reputation, profit and his strengthening craft.

It'll take a couple of visits to do a proper surveillance and gather the data, but I'll be working towards documenting a detailed map of the terrain.

Taking a sip, blue eyes peer up at Illeana from beneath his brow.

Should I put you down as an interested party?” He grins.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 1:36:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the extensive mug collection her and have cultivated is proving to be a success in his eyes. she's glad, in a way.

"sea of mist?"

it jogs a memory. faint, barely there but persistent. island deities are known for their mist. one in particular is tied to the dead. and for the briefest of seconds, she wonders if it's there somewhere. perhaps it's even controlling the place. it's... not possible, realistically, but the concept keeps her quiet for a moment.

she brightens with the question, then, and there's familiar curiosity in the way she watches him. if she moves her head a certain way, maybe fluorescent light would even paint it into hunger.

"yes, please."

contemplation rises, falls, and settles with ease. her mouth opens soon after, a question flooding out as if breaking free of a dam.

"do you have a way to record dimensional frequencies, by any chance?"

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 14:20:22 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Deals had already been put in place for collaboration between the League and Nautica, agreements forged over the the Wilds in which resided beyond the rifts.

Adding Illeana and the research department into the mix would be no issue. Certainly not for their reputation, nor for profit.

I should have something lying around from studying the space-time distortions. Sure it can't be too difficult to adjust, if you need it to pick up different frequency readings.

He takes a sip of the coffee, its bitterness a pleasant accompaniment to the hunger that stirs in the room, poured in from the discussion of exploration. 

Both his own and Illeana's he notes, caught in the glitter of light beams hitting quartz, just so. It's a familiar and welcome sight - hunger is infectious.  

What was it you had in mind?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 1:27:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a nod follows.

"perfect, that should hone in on each rift's frequency if adjusted."

she suspects it'll take a few errors but angelo is a seasoned explorer. no one is more equipped for the job than he.

and her intentions, no matter how hidden, are being dragged to the surface.

she's quiet for a moment, as if contemplating two possible scenarios. will he support her intention? will he refuse?

"i would like to have each rift's frequency to begin working on figuring out how to close them."

they are, after all, still a blight on hoenn's dimensional stability. the longer they exist, the more unstable the region becomes.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 21:29:58 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
I can bring them in for adjustments if you need to do it by hand. It's no problem,” he offers. It's no problem travelling in, unlike plenty of people his age, Angelo thrives on the commute. 

Besides, that way Illeana can demonstrate which frequency to tune into while on the field, should he need to alter it. 

If she was willing to pay him to record numbers on a device, he hadn't been planning to pry into the why. Not until the scientist offers the information up for free and Angelo, being ever curious and hungry, becomes intrigued. 

Step by step her intentions peek the surface. He tests the water by dropping in a worm. 

Oh, you want to close them?” He leans back in his chair, blue locked on through the steam from the mug swirling between them. “Indefinitely?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 5:27:35 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"if you could, that'd be really helpful!"

a few ideas come to mind for the altercations needed but without the trial and error process, nothing concrete will stick.

and as her intentions come into the form of a full concept, she doesn't shy away from them. it's a different song than she's previously sung, perhaps. less selfish and more region-oriented. at least, she hopes it comes across as such.

"yes, indefinitely."

her curiosity doesn't deter her from the dangers they present. sometimes, she wishes it would.

"hoenn's dimensional structure grows more unstable the longer they're open."

as she explains, she studies him. analyzing muscles in the face for a hint of opinion has almost become second nature when presenting her more recent ideas. it's better, she thinks, to see the disapproval before hearing it.

"i fear if they are not closed soon, hoenn's dimension could begin to collapse in on itself."

a pause.

"besides... the next disaster we face could come right out of those rifts."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
gallifrey
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 20:55:58 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Their study goes two ways, exploring one another's facial muscle twitches with knowledge hungry gazes. One for signs of opinion and the other for shrouded truth - concealment. 

You're the expert, Illeana. If you've been seeing dimensional instability from the rifts, then you've got your duty to prioritise Hoenn.

They'd hit the big, red button on that one after 99943 Meteno. It didn't matter whether what they'd learned from The Cloud was real or not. The bed had been made. 

But I think closing them permanently before they've had a chance to been thoroughly searched and documented, would be an irreplaceable loss.” Personally and for Hoenn's advancement.

But mostly for Angelo's own desires.

Taking another sip of coffee, Angelo lets out a thoughtful and amused hum of realisation. “That does seem like the reoccurring pattern, huh?

His lips take on a sympathetic smile, shared between two people who'd fallen into an oceanic version of their world. “But Sea!Hoenn has been dealt with. Unless you're expecting other civilisations to be found in the rifts?

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,124 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
gallifrey
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 16:11:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]while she wants to close the rifts indefinitely, she understands angelo's logic.

it coincides with her own.

"closing them will take time and in-depth analysis of their structural dimensions."

she's certain they can do it with the proper research, with the intelligence gathered by angelo and the other participants. their experiences are uploaded into her mainframe and pushed into theories and calculations until something will click.

until then...

"while i work on a solution for the rifts, i hope explorers such as yourself and will capitalize on these worlds. they hold key information we might need in the future."

the mention of sea hoenn strikes a chord. it is with practiced fingers that she holds her mask in place. the professional smile widens slightly, concealing what truth lies beneath.

"i'm expecting the worst to come from these worlds and others we already know of."

if she expects doom, she'll be prepared. she has to be.

"new beasts or enemies could emerge from these rifts and lay siege to this realm if we allow them."

some days, she even expects sea hoenn to be knocking on their door after traversing these realms, calling for her head.