[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]For anyone that has owned a creature that can fit into a backpack, there might just be tales of what a menace they can be when they feel like it. Eris is no exception to this rule, an arm placed securely over the front buckles of her backpack as she begins to whisper directly at it.[break][break]

"For the love of all that's good, please just stay in the bag until I say it's safe to come out!"[break][break]

Right beside her, a Luxray grunts at the sight, gently tugging on her arm as he leads them down a winding path. A chilly wind blows in from the ocean, carrying a salty aftertaste that Eris questions whether is due to their location or the situation she's found herself in. Behind her, a Rotom phone buzzes with life, various symbols flashing across the screen as it pieces a rather strange message together - All that's soon delivered to a certain .[break][break]

I need some advice, are you free? I'm gonna wait where we built sandcastles that time, if that's okay?

[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 3:39:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

When he receives the text message, he’s in the middle of looking through a manila folder. Reports. Coincidentally, on the recent assault on Littleroot Town. Just as during the assault on Mount Pyre, a multitude of odd events had taken place on such a day, but among them, the news had recently shared with him is one of the things that sparks the most interest.
[break][break]
Uxie and Mesprit had appeared in Littleroot that day. They had left with a pair of children.
[break][break]
Now, , a child who he had first grown fond of largely thanks to link the Lake Guardians had created between them and the mystery they all deciphered together, needs his advice.
[break][break]
Puzzle pieces.

I’ll be there soon.

With the response being sent, his Rotom phone returns to his pocket, and the moment it does, the underboss disappears from his office in the north wing of Team Rocket’s headquarters. He makes his way to the beach, and overhead, an Unown-? follows his every step.
[break][break]
”Eris. Reiner. It’s good to see you’re safe.” That much is no lie, and there’s a slight smile upon Mars’ lips when he speaks, even if he does wonder if Eris had truly been at Littleroot on November 18th.
[break][break]
"You said you needed my help?"
[break][break]
A slight frown, as if to say 'With what?'
[break][break]
Her wiggling backpack, presumably.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"][break]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn .grey1] filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 4:00:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Even if he can't quite fill all the gaps in her heart, she can't help but mirror the smile he gives her as she takes a step forward. Then she hesitates, abruptly pausing in her tracks as she gingerly grasps at her left arm.[break][break]

"Pa's been arrested... And there's a lot of things that has happened..."[break][break]

A lot of things that she hasn't been able to ask anyone about. She had slept on it, tried writing out a list of possible ideas and then had a literal breakdown over it. Overall, it hasn't really been going well, especially with a long,slender hand reaching from within her backpack to slap her wrist.[break][break]

"I think I'm gonna get arrested by the League next? B- but I made a promise with Miss Melody and I need to meet her if I want to keep it."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 3:11:42 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Her discomfort and unease are visible, and they're also something he expects to see. She's scared. She's just a little girl, even if she may often try to act like that's not the case.
[break][break]
"Yeah, I've heard about Chu-e." Of course he has; everyone is concerned about both the wellbeing of the former underboss and the potential breach in security. How much will tell the League? "Are you safe? Where are you staying?"
[break][break]
Sighing, he sits by her side on the sand, gesturing for her to join him. Why would the League arrest ? Do they know of her affiliation, then? How much has she told them?
[break][break]
"You met up with ?"
[break][break]
Would Melody really arrest a child?
[break][break]
If she thought she was doing what's best for said child, then yes, without a doubt.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 12px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]

[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn.grey1 img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 4:07:12 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"I'm... I think I'm safe? I've been staying at our home in Mossdeep..." Following invite, Eris tucks her backpack in front of her before plopping down. "I don't know how far they might dig through his brain, if they're the kind to stoop to those levels... If they figure out that we're related, or if pa asks them to bring me in?"[break][break]

"Brri?"[break][break]

There are far too many worries swirling in her brain, but when she hears that voice and sees those curious eyes peeking from her bag, all those emotions seem to wash away.[break][break]

"She remembers. The League undid whatever brainwashing that was done to her. And she remembers me from her time in captivity." Her voice is kept calm by Mesprit's gentle cooing, her mind now focused on what needs to be said. "I was just visiting so I could learn more about Cobalion... a- and then she cornered me and told me to choose between League or Rocket. And I only have until Christmas to give her a reply."[break][break]

Reiner shifts uncomfortably, but reaches to rest a paw on Eris' shin.[break][break]

"She probably won't like it if I tell her I want to stick with Rocket."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 4:38:50 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

It would be easy to take Eris' side in all of this. The League are their enemies and they clearly will go as far as getting children involved. However, Mars can also understand 's reasoning, and Eris has often been considered a potential hazard to Team Rocket?
[break][break]
Does she really mean it when she says she wants to stick with them or is that just another whim?
[break][break]
"Bad move." Mars thinks of Melody's actions, for threatening children is rarely the way to get them to really agree with anything. There will always be a resentment in them, even if fear pushes them to comply. Mars knows from experience.
[break][break]
"See... What did she say she'd do if you choose Rocket?" He asks, knowing there had likely been some sort of threat to get her to sway one way instead of the other. Repercussions for Eris, or more likely, for those who matter to her. But, the person who matters to her the most has already been captured...
[break][break]
"I know you're scared about what's happening with your Pa, but we'll do what we can to get him out."
[break][break]
He sees it then: the eyes. The weight of a stare that feels disconcertingly familiar. Similar but not quite right.
[break][break]
Mesprit.
[break][break]
Mesprit is in Eris' backpack.
[break][break]
For now, Mars chooses not to comment on that fact.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 4:56:48 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"She didn't say it out loud... but I'm pretty sure that she won't just let me go."[break][break]

And judging by the wave of emotions that seep from Mesprit's touch, Eris has the feeling that is going through some thoughts of his own.[break][break]

Liability.
[break]

She brushes the thought to the back of her mind[break][break]

"She's been keeping note of me too, since she has a feeling that Mesprit will find me. And I guess she was right."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 1:43:30 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Interesting.
[break][break]
How does Melody intend to make Eris leave Team Rocket with no outward threats? Did she make clear implications or is it just the good ol' 'Rocket's bad and a good person wouldn't affiliate with them' method? Calm and collected, the underboss considers every possibility that comes to mind, weighing their potential success and the consequences of each one.
[break][break]
It's then that Eris mentions Mesprit.
[break][break]
"Ah, I was wondering if that's who was hiding in your bag." He comments, his gaze turning to the item in question. Locking eyes with the Being of Emotion, a smile tugs at his lips. "Hey, Mesprit. It's good to see you again."
[break][break]
It really is.
[break][break]
It's good to know at least one of the Lake Guardians is safe, although concern over Azelf's wellbeing still weights heavy.
[break][break]
"Melody knows of your connection with Mesprit, then? That's admittedly concerning... The League tends to see Team Rocket members who bond with legendary Pokémon as some of the greatest threats." He sighs then, new calculations and considerations being made. "...You need to be ready for what might happen, Eris. You're safe in Sootopolis, and if it were my choice you'd stay here all the time to ensure that safety, but I know you, and I know you'll leave without much consideration for this. So, instead I'm going to ask you to be ready, okay? Be smart about things."
[break][break]
He doesn't sugar-coat it.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 2:07:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Mesprit looks to with an empty gaze, but it soon fills with many things - Happiness, curiosity, familiarity and perhaps, many more other things that it wishes to say. And in her excitement, the pixie tugs at Eris' hand, trilling and whirling her tails as she bounces about.[break][break]

Mars' next few thoughts are right. Even if she were asked to stay in Sootopolis and hide for good, she would still wish to go out and explore. Eventually, she would make plans to sneak out, especially if it came to things regarding .[break][break]

"I... I've been preparing. Above anything, I'm worried for Reiner and Mesprit." As she speaks, she gives the Lake Guardian a few pats on the head. And she's careful to avoid touching the broken gem on her forehead, lest it hurt her in any way. "Mesprit clearly hasn't recovered after the shadow pokemon attacked... Which makes me think... what if the nursery that opened up was meant to cripple them? So we couldn't stop Necrozma..."[break][break]

The air turns cold, a silence befalling them as Mesprit grows still. The pressure builds, the pixie's stare hardening as she looks to the horizon, but it soon stops as abruptly as it started.[break][break]

It takes a while for the surging unease to settle in the pits of her stomach, but when it does, she finally finds a voice for her thoughts.[break][break]

"We're making plans to save pa, right?" Eris falters for a moment, failing to meet gaze. "What... happens if he doesn't want to come back? If he turns and leaves for good?"[break][break]

On the surface, she knows that she wants to know what the higher-ups think of the matter. But deep down, she knows better than anyone that the one she's truly posing that question to is herself.[break][break]

"I- I'm... I feel like I'm..." A deep breath in to try and find the words, but she stutters and stumbles in her attempts. "I need something to hold on to... so I don't... try to betray Rocket..."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 2:50:49 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

Mesprit emotions are clear in its gaze, and Mars smiles at the sight. He has always liked that about the guardians: even though the trio had twisted their lives and turned them upside down with all of their puzzles and secrets, there's a certain purity about their existence. Pure emotion. Pure knowledge. Pure willpower. At that moment, Mars wishes he could see Azelf again; to return to that feeling the Being of Willpower had instilled in him on the night they met.
[break][break]
"I think that's a possibility, yes." Mars admits, looking at Eris. "How weakened is Mesprit? Clearly she intends on staying by your side, and she will probably try to protect you if something were to happen..."
[break][break]
He's about to sat something else when Eris' next words come, and it's then that a slight frown darkest his expression for a second. She knows exactly what Team Rocket will do if decides to leave for good, just as she knows what most of them would think of her questioning her loyalty. Mars takes a deep breath, grounding himself — pushing tumultuous emotions away. They're no more than noise, after all. He can't let them distract him from the objective reality of the situation.
[break][break]
"If you're questioning if you should betray Rocket or not, then you already have the answer you want me to give you. Many of us here have been loyal to you, cared for you, and looked after you... You don't want to put those people at risk, but you also are against a lot of what Team Rocket does, aren't you? Is the League better? No. They took Chu-e and I'm sure you can imagine what they must be doing to him. So, what choice do you have?" He stares at the ocean, letting the question loom over them for a moment. What choice does she have? The answer should be clear, and so his gaze meets hers when he speaks again. "Hoenn is at war, Eris. The League and Team Rocket intend on destroying each other — the allegiance you choose won't change that. What it will change is how people feel towards you. If you want me to tell you that I won't resent you if you betray us, then you'll be disappointed. I care for you, but there are many others I care for in Team Rocket, and I don't appreciate it when people are a danger to them."
[break][break]
It's harsh.
[break][break]
Perhaps too harsh to be the words spoken to a child.
[break][break]
Some would argue as much, but given the choices Eris is considering, the truth is what she deserves to hear. She matters to him, so she has earned honesty.

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 5:55:38 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]How weakened is she? That's genuinely not a question that Eris can answer. Sure, she's seen Mesprit's power when they were working to seal Necrozma, but how does it compare to the pixie's full power?[break][break]

"I heard she was strong enough to help destroy Dialga's chains."[break][break]

But even now, Mesprit seems unable to do long distance teleports, nor does she seem interested in battling even when threatened. All she seems invested in is getting her hands on whatever is foreign to her and playing around whenever she has the chance.[break][break]

That, and something about tampering Eris' emotions when things go south.[break][break]

Mesprit entwines her hand with her ward's fingers, much like how Reiner carefully wraps his tail around her arm. They had been expecting this: The answer from 's side is clear and he speaks the truth.[break][break]

Rocket might be horrible but is the League any better? Even if they try to leave, they'll be kept on a leash either way. At least while they're here, there is some semblance of freedom, where there won't be people breathing down their necks unless they attempt to step out of line.[break][break]

And the safety that the League provides is... questionable. If is literally able to blow out the Mauville gym by pure accident (and god knows how that happened), then how is she supposed to believe that they'll actually be able to do anything? Add on the fact that they'd probably prioritise someone of the League than Rocket defectors...[break][break]

"Mmm... I don't want them to hurt anyone here either..." Her fingers wrap around Mesprit's hand in turn, her heart quietly mending whatever it can of her resolve. "I wanted Mesprit's help so I could protect you guys..."[break][break]

So that means she's better off not leaving, right?[break][break]

"But no one here's gonna try and hurt Mesprit, right? Does Walsh... have to know?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 4:13:59 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Does Walsh have to know?"

[break]
It's a question he expects Eris to ask and it's also a question that he knows she can guess the answer to. When eyes of rich amber fall upon the Being of Emotion, Mars remembers everything the Guardians had done for them and how it was their intervention that had led him to first meet .
[break][break]
The Unown moves closer, levitating over his shoulder.
[break][break]
"Do you really think Walsh doesn't already know?" Perhaps not yet, but Eris isn't nearly as good at covering her tracks as she believes she is, and one too many people in Team Rocket know about Mesprit as is. People who would speak to of it without hesitation, just how Mars had told the Rocket boss of his own encounters with the Lake Trio. Does he regret it? Of course not. The warning he had provided had enabled them to evacuate Sootopolis' civilians much faster when Necrozma attacked the city. "You know there's people in Team Rocket who are already aware of Mesprit's presence."
[break][break]
There's no need to say more.
[break][break]
No need to further explain.
[break][break]
However, there is something about which Eris seems to be mistaken.
[break][break]
"You're a member of Team Rocket, Eris Halla. As a member of Team Rocket, you don't keep things from its leader. You may not personally know Walsh, you may be hesitant to trust him, but being loyal to Team Rocket means being loyal to him — one does not exist without the other. You need to be aware of this."
[break][break]
He holds her gaze when speaking these words, for he too had once had to come to realize this truth. Organizations fall if their members are not loyal to their leader, and Mars won't allow Team Rocket to fall.
[break][break]
He sighs then.
[break][break]
"I don't know for certain if Mesprit intends to help you, but it looks like that's the case. So, if you're ever in trouble, you should ask for her help. She understands emotions better than anyone else."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 3:42:59 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When it comes to Rocket, it's always best to assume the worst. But that won't ever stop her from chasing that glint of hope, and finding nothing but painful disappointment at the end.[break][break]

"I- I'll do my best... so please don't take her away..." She murmurs, barely able to meet Mesprit's gaze. "No, I need to be stronger so I can keep her safe too."[break][break]

Deep breaths in, quiet breaths out. Mesprit came here for a reason and whatever it was, Eris was going to have to try and make it happen.[break][break]

"Uxie is safe but I don't know about Azelf. And that's why I'm gonna try and find it. You're going to look for it too, right?"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 3:41:48 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Why would we want to take Mesprit away from you?" Mars asks, and the question is a genuine one. He looks at the small girl and then he looks at the Guardian, its gaze bringing reminders of the long gone September night when he had met Azelf. "Legendary Pokémon have their will, and I believe that will must be respected. We can ask them to change their minds, encourage them, win them as allies... but attempting to control them is a grievous mistake that always comes with a hefty price."
[break][break]
All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket.
[break][break]
Yes, that much is true, but not all Pokémon should be chained. Some powers must remain free and unrestricted. If Team Rocket really is so great, they should be able to convince any legendary Pokémon to join their cause. That is what Mars believes himself to be capable of.
[break][break]
"Mesprit clearly wants to be by your side, Eris, so as long as you are no threat to Team Rocket, she isn't either. You understand that, right?"
[break][break]
Actions have consequences. Team Rocket's approach towards Mesprit depends on the actions of the child it has decided to bond with.
[break][break]
As for Azelf, though...
[break][break]
Mars pauses at that the question, looking at the ocean. Eris would not see it, but attuned with emotions as Mesprit is, she would probably sense it: the sorrow and the worry.
[break][break]
"I am looking for Azelf, yes."

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,781 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
trust || c
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 4:03:05 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Why would they want to... She looks to and then turns her gaze back down to her open palms.[break][break]

"Ma... Matias..." She struggles to wrench that name from her throat, conflict running through her veins as she gently digs under her nails. "... once told me that Rocket was just using me. A- and I've seen what Rocket has done to others before..."[break][break]

There are a lot of cracks in her faith, and many more words from those who oppose Rocket have weaseled their way into those gaps.[break][break]

"But if I just remain here, Mesprit won't get into trouble... And the League can't snatch her away either?"[break][break]

Really, considering how she was far more familiar with what Rocket would do to her as compared to the League... Was she really losing faith in 's plan of leaving?[break]

Maybe she'd have a firmer answer once she understood how the League would treat her.[break]

All those thoughts begin to swirl, mixing with the sullen emotions that Mars emanates.[break][break]

"I hope it goes well... and that we can somehow restore their powers."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT