serendipity [mission]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serendipity [mission]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 20:54:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
"Thank you so much for the ride," Marcella thanked the bus driver as she stopped at the exit, "It must be so hard working late hours like this, I really appreciate it."

'Oh don't you worry about it, dear. I'm used to it,' a second passed, 'are you sure this is your stop? No offense, sweetie, but this area doesn't . . . it doesn't look like a place for you.'

Marcella nodded with a blinding smile, "This is me! Have a wonderful night."

The bus driver tipped her hat -- still looking anxious -- and Marcella hopped off. She adjusted her backpack as the door shut behind her and waved pleasantly as the bus started up again with a hiss. She kept waving until it rounded the corner and she was left alone in Mossdeep's downtown. With a sigh she let her arm fall to her side.

"Nosy bitch," she murmured with a click of her tongue before reaching into her backpack. She came back out with a Dusk Ball, and dropped it carelessly onto the concrete. Her Scovillain, Vile, appeared in a flash of light and let out a low snarl -- a sound that stopped suddenly when Marcella slapped down on the top of its green head.

"Shut up. Carry this."

The long necks of the pokemon tangled as its heads drew close to one another and leaned back away from Marcella. Still it held out its arms as Marcella pulled something else from her bag. A small gas canister, which she passed over without another word.
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
serendipity [mission]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 3:43:44 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gasoline sloshed out of the canister Zev held above the head of Henrietta Payne, a former Team Rocket executive who had fled from the battlefield of Littleroot Town. She was another coward on a long list of cowards seeking refuge and protection among the League in exchange for the crime syndicate's secrets.[break][break]

Her treachery ended that night, in the basement of an abandoned shop in one of Mossdeep's poorer districts.[break][break]

Tied to a chair, bloody and beaten thanks to Zev's Infernape, Payne coughed and sputtered as gasoline filled her nose and mouth. She spat it out vehemently, her eyes wide and wild as she looked between her captor and the Fire-type Pokémon pacing several feet away.[break][break]

Zev tossed the empty canister to the side. "Ready to talk?" he asked her, his voice callous and cold.[break][break]

Unbeknownst to him, someone lurked just outside the shop on the ground floor, seeking a way to enter without alerting Zev of their presence.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]@marcella
[break]

NOTES

Mission: I've Done Nothing Wrong

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serendipity [mission]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 15:14:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Marcella walked the dark streets of the city like she belonged. Her now mostly empty backpack hung loosely off her left shoulder as she marched towards her destination, on her heels Vile -- heads down and arms wrapped around the canister it had been handed. As she walked she scanned her surroundings with great care disguised as lazy glances.

Every once in a while she saw someone, or a pokemon, and when they looked at her curiously she merely smiled and waved. If they approached they were invariably scared off by the odd, foreign pokemon at Marcella's back that snapped its teeth and hissed at them. Eventually there was no one left to wave at or ward off. This was what she'd been looking for. An abandoned corner of the city with low traffic and empty buildings.

"Give me the canister," she demanded of her pokemon and was quickly obeyed. Marcella's no-longer-free right hand dangled at her side (weighed down) with the canister held loosely by a few fingers as she hunted now for a specific building. Maybe with broken, boarded windows or a condemned sign. It didn't take long to find a shop matching that description. An old grocery with half the letters of its name missing.

Unfortunately there was someone already scoping the place out. Just her luck. It took everything in her to put the mask back on.

"Excuse me, sir, is there anything I can help you with?" Marcella asked and the man whirled around. His eyes narrowed as he looked her over, before widening at the sight of her pokemon and canister. Already she was preparing excuses when his reaction threw her into a rare, stunned bewilderment.

'Shit, I thought he was working alone,' he cursed, reaching for something at his belt. No, Marcella didn't think so.

"Blind him," she said simply and, before the man could free whatever weapon (pokemon or steel) he had, he was hit in the face by a SPICY EXTRACT. He howled and clutched at the suddenly red and angry skin. Clawed at his eyes.

Marcella tossed the gas canister aside with the same carelessness with which she'd released Vile. Approached the man as he still reeled and kicked him, hard, between the legs. When he fell to his knees she followed, squatting down and resting her arms on her knees.

"Who is he," she asked, "And what kind of work is he doing tonight?"
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #726db3; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
serendipity [mission]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 21:25:16 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

An agonized scream from above cut through the stale air of the basement. Zev's gaze snapped in its direction, though he obviously could not see through the ceiling and walls. The sound was too close to be from an adjacent building; if its source was not inside the shop's ground floor, it was directly outside.[break][break]

"Keep an eye on her," the hitman told his Infernape, though he'd taken great care to make sure his victim couldn't escape her bindings.[break][break]

The Flame Pokémon nodded and resumed glowering at Payne while Zev took the stairs up to the ground floor. As he went, he unclipped a Pokéball from his belt and released its contents. His Gengar, Smoke, emerged in a flash of light.[break][break]

The ground floor of the shop was devoid of other living beings, while the noises continued just outside the front of the building. Zev heard a man groaning with pain and a young woman's voice speaking clearly, demanding information. Both were voices he didn't recognize.[break][break]

With a signal from his master, Smoke entered Zev's shadow. Then the hitman seized the handle of the front door and opened it wide to interrupt the interrogation on the street outside. Standing in the doorway, he eyed the two people before him: the silver-haired woman crouched in front of an older man who looked like his nuts had just been kicked.[break][break]

Zev did not say anything. He merely stared at them both with analytic coldness, his brow furrowed slightly, and waited for one of them to speak.[break][break]

In his shadow, Smoke grinned.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
serendipity [mission]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 3:09:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
The man wasn't of much use as a source of information after the SPICY EXTRACT to the face. No matter how Marcella asked or prodded his answer was the same: crying, yelling, gripping at his face. She'd overwhelmed him. It was a shame, and she was ready to call her night at that when the sound of dilapidated hinges squealing pulled her attention to the store's entrance.

Like on the walk here, Vile was the first to break the silence as it snarled defensively. Like when it was let out of its pokeball, Marcella silenced the Scovillain with a rough slap to the head -- this time the red one. Fair's fair.

Marcella did not immediately fill the now quiet air with words of her own, though. She stood and searched the man in front of her in much the same way he searched her.

Tall. Good posture. Angry face -- just his face or was he . . . Probably expectant. Marcella knew she would be if she were doing some kind of work and interrupted by a couple of strangers. So then he likely wanted answers.

"I was in the area when this man attacked me," she said matter-of-factly, gesturing to the still downed man beside her, "it seems he thought I was here with you, which I'm not, but given he tried to assault me over this perceived connection I'd like to know what you're up to."

A second's pause as an idea occurred to her, a way to better her position and the odds of an answer.

"I'll even give you this man in trade. Even if I'm ignorant of everything else, I assume he's some enemy of yours."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,675 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
serendipity [mission]
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2023 12:05:35 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

When the girl gave her explanation, Zev's eyes slid from her toward the man on the ground. He could clearly see that something had happened to the strange man's face, something like burns. Zev's gaze flickered to the unfamiliar Pokémon with two heads.[break][break]

And to the unopened gasoline canister lying nearby.[break][break]

"The intel did say Payne had an accomplice," Zev said, crouching down next to the pair and seizing the man's hair in a fist to yank his head back. His sharp cry cut through the air, though Zev continued to study the other's damaged face with an apathy edging on boredom. Sure enough, he was the other person in the dossier. "Her boyfriend, a man named Lloyd Bowen."[break][break]

"Y-You! What have you done to her?!" the injured man finally managed to gasp out.[break][break]

"You're not exactly in a position to make demands, Bowen."[break][break]

His fingers still curled into the defector's hair, Zev turned back to the young woman with silver hair. He had to admit — her callous attack on an older, larger man, her demanding tone of voice that lacked fear, and her immediate instinct to bargain with Zev were all impressive for someone so young. In a strange way, she reminded him of his younger self.[break][break]

Perhaps that was why he felt compelled to agree to her offer.[break][break]

"This man and a woman are defectors. I'm going to get them to tell me what they leaked," the hitman replied, watching her closely to gauge her reaction.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,944 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
serendipity [mission]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 6:21:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION INCOMPLETE...

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: