2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2023 23:00:00 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
As soon as Angelo walks in through the front door, his first punch of the day comes in the clattering din of weights, the smack of gloves meeting leather and the scent.  

Sweat clings pungent in the air, interwoven right into the fabric of the mats and punching bags. Stubbornly sunken into the stitches as a mark of hard work, grit and discipline by those that train. 

It makes for an electric impact on first arrival, that's for sure. 

Checking in at the front desk, the pilot then breezes into the heart of the gym proper, finding its leader soon after.

He smiles. “Ready to meet your eleven o'clock?

Stepping forward, Angelo stretches out a palm towards the steadfast Verdanturf gym leader in greeting. “Hey, Noah. It's been a while.

And it really had. Since the HST, in fact. 

notes;

- 2v2, singles

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 23:12:44 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
the verdanturf building houses a separate gymnasium for battles. a caged ring sits doused in stagelights, chainlink catching crystals of light in their corners of metal mesh.[break][break]

on either side, a small elevated stage awaits either trainer.[break][break]

"oh man, long time no see for sure." noah takes angelo's hand, the rough warmth of his lifting gloves gracing the other's palm. "how's life? guess not too busy since you can fit a battle with me, huh?"[break][break]

a laugh is loosed through a brilliant smile. though muffled, the electric pulse of workout music drums against the walls.[break][break]

"you ready for this?" noah plucks out a pokeball from his holster, its small globe expanding to full size. "i've trained some new pokemon up for this. try 'em on for size, aight?!"[break][break]

he throws the pokeball against the metal fencing. the capsule cracks open as it falls back and a red bolt arcs aggressively into the cage.[break][break]

a FLAMIGO stands tall, neck coiled up tight like a choking balloon animal. bright yellow eye staring straight and loud like a foghorn.

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
feel free to use first move / have the bell ring for the battle to commence in first post so they clash![break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/PDPNKPV/takeruicon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 23:43:19 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Mixing up the ol' roster just for me? You shouldn't have.” He grins, light banter flowing easily between the pair. “I had the same idea.”   

Electric thrums in the air to the sound of a bass backtrack, Angelo following Noah to the edge of the ring. It's metal fence seems to thrum, charged on the adrenaline in the gym air as the leader releases his first new pokémon.

Got good taste, Noah.” Angelo admires the long, knotted neck of the unfamiliar pink bird in earnest. “Have to tell me where you found her later.

Lifting the capsule towards the chain-link surrounding the ring, red sparks shoot a bullseye through the gaps. 

Bright yellow eyes blink owlishly back at its Paldean counterpart. An otherworldly, floating cone staring back at the opposing Flamigo as it materialises in the octagon.

Ding! Ding! 

Alright, Vizz. Let's get things started!

Alienesque petals unfurling, Vizzola twirls, scattering tiny STEALTH ROCK shards across the cage as deadly as an upturned box of lego pieces.

notes;

- 2v2, singles
- glimmora uses stealth rock

[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2023 21:02:55 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
"totally. beaker needs some friends." [break][break]

noah laughs, while his flamigo stares coldly. facing its opponent from its side, it is a yellow cyclops: one webbed foot lifted and dangling like some fishing lure.[break][break]

"i've never met one of those in person," noah says under his breath. the glimmora is an odd creature; otherworldly in form and movement, eyes haunting like scrutinizing stars.[break][break]

as STEALTH ROCKS scatter across the ring, noah is quick to issue command.[break][break]

"LIQUIDATION! take it down quick!"[break][break]

the flamigo soars across the stony shrapnel. though its movement is limited, it manages. barely. water pulses from its beak as its taut neck swings toward the alien creature.

[break][break]

flamigo's movement hampered by STEALTH ROCK; attempts to use LIQUIDATION.[break][break]

[newclass=".noahf"]--accent:#5d8bd5; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/PDPNKPV/takeruicon.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .noahf blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .widecurve blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[newclass=".noahf .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]

[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 21:00:41 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Beaker doesn't look very chipper. Whether its mood is dampened by its choice of (brilliant) nickname or its opponent, has yet to be revealed. 

Although it certainly displays no mercy as it slams into Vizzola with a Liquidation. 

Springy little guy, isn't she?” Angelo comments, intrigued and impressed by Beaker's surprising agility.

With a squeak his pokemon flies back, TOXIC SPIKES scattering out of its folded leaves like pollen over the floor. 

Bumping into the cage with a rattle of steel, Vizzola braces herself, latching onto the links and Angelo capitalises on its stability to launch a counterattack.

Now, hit it with Venoshock!

There, clinging onto the ring, the Glimmora unfurls its leaves. Eyes gleaming amongst the dark petals as the VENOSHOCK drips off the ends, gathering and surging at the Flamigo in a gunky wave. 

notes;

- 2v2, singles

- glimmora is hit by liquidation 
- glimmora's ability toxic debris activates
- toxic spikes scatter on the field 
- glimmora uses venoshock 

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 10:16:27 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
TOXIC SPIKES clatter against the canvas like spilled jewels. after all, the pokemon's petals are reminiscent of the jewels formed during terastallization.[break][break]

there is little room to maneuver. littered with poisonous caltrops, the tables are turned. noah's flamigo is now trapped with the glimmora rather than the other way around.[break][break]

the flamigo is struck by the VENOSHOCK surge. it drenches the bird's wings and oozes like foul sap.[break][break]

"oh man, angelo. you're dirty for bringing this pokemon in." noah says in jest. "take flight, beaker! stay in the air as long as you can!"[break][break]

cawing, the pink bird launches from the floor to avoid the TOXIC SPIKES.[break][break]

"AIR SLASH!"[break][break]

sharp blades of air soar toward the GLIMMORA like westerly winds. though the flamigo is in the air, the gunk caught between its feathers will eventually force it to land...

[break][break]

flamigo hit by VENOSHOCK; takes flight and tries to AIR SLASH; will need to land eventually because wings are drenched.[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 16:35:26 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
I'll take that as a compliment.” Angelo reciprocates the jest in kind, flashing a grin. “As if I'm going to throw myself into a slugfest with you.

Out on the field the Flamigo becomes drenched in a layer of sticky purple ooze, feathers waterlogged.

Angelo calls out to his Glimmora, whetted eyes focused on the pink bird. “Bring her down, Vizz! Power Gem!

Clinging onto the chain fence, petals fold back inwards just before the AIR SLASH collides into it, sheltering itself from the worst as the ring rattles. 

Cone-shaped face pointed towards the Flamigo, Vizzola detaches and launches forward like a speeding bullet, shards of POWER GEM streaking ahead towards outstretched, candyfloss wings in a barrage. 

notes;

- 2v2, singles

- glimmora is hit by air slash 
- glimmora uses power gem and rushes at flamigo

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2023 0:23:40 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
dripping with sludge, the flamigo is forced to alight upon the canvas.[break][break]

brilliant gems soar alongside the launching glimmora like crystalline stars. though noah ponders the bird recovering by ROOST, he opts for a more ruthless defensive.[break][break]

"don't let it get a free hit!" noah shouts. "DOUBLE KICK!"[break][break]

the flamigo leaps toward the glimmora. one leg pushes off the ring's littered floor while the other swings. the two pokemon meet in the center as the POWER GEM collides in a spectacular show of brilliance.[break][break]

perhaps, a kick or two has landed. but in the fade of their duel, noah's flamigo lays fainted among toxic shards.[break][break]

"nice work, buddy." he recalls the flamigo back while simultaneously unholstering his next pokemon. "this one's an old friend of mine! we got this no problem."[break][break]

with a smile, he summons his ANNIHILAPE. the frenzied fighter with tortured hair lands upon the TOXIC SPIKES and is immediately poisoned; however, the pain does not register on its contorted face of deathly rage.[break][break]

"man! poison's a pain, isn't it?" noah says- but his grin does not falter once.

[break][break]

flamigo faints from POWER GEM; attempts to use DOUBLE KICK before going down.[break]
annihilape sent out into TOXIC SPIKES and is POISONED.[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 16:39:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
And down the Flamigo falls, though not without throwing one last ditch swing to ensure it isn't alone.

You sure about that, man? Use Spiky Shield!

Spindly bird legs lash out in a DOUBLE KICK, more powerful than they look, no doubt. In her close range, the Glimmora's flowers unfurl, barbed with a protective SPIKY SHIELD

When the smoke clears, Beaker is splayed out on the ring mat and Vizzola still remains levitating - although her petals droop in fatigue. 

Good job, Vizz.

Angelo doubts she'd last much longer, especially not when Noah brings out his next pokémon. Despite clocking onto its resemblance, it's not one that he's actually seen before. An unknown.

It looks like a mean son of a bitch, though. 

Maybe that's why I like it so much,” he jests in return, grin widening. Being labelled a pain was fairly common occurrence. “Kindred spirit and all that.

notes;

- 2v2, singles

- glimmora uses spiky shield to protect double kick
- glimmora is low in health

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 22:02:51 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
like, you're sayin' you're toxic, man?" [break][break]

noah laughs, not quite grasping the comparison the pilot makes. not that it matters much. there is little time to linger upon their banter.[break][break]

the spikes scattered about make any possible advance haphazard. yet, noah does not let hesitance shackle his tongue.[break][break]

"PHANTOM FORCE!" noah says. "keep them guessing!"[break][break]

the annihilape plunges into a spectral pool. an eerie stillness pervades the ring before the ape appears behind the glimmora, aiming to strike with its ghostly fist.

[break][break]

annihilape uses PHANTOM FORCE to avoid spikes + tries to strike glimmora.[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 21:15:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Course not,” comes the retort, smooth as butter. It's a light, contrast of flavour amongst the competitive sparks of battle. “Obviously meant I'm a delicate flower.

Lips split into a fox-like grin at his own counter. Yet his eyes never waver from the battle, not as his aforementioned toxic flower starts to look close to the very definition of delicate. 

Noah's ghostly ape blends into the shadows, their cage turning silent, awaiting the release of breath from where it'll emerge.

It's a feeling that Angelo is used to being on the other side of. He can't say he likes being the one in the dark.

Time to flush it out of hiding. 

Earth Power!” He commands in retaliation, their surroundings shuddering as the ring begins to violently rock in response to Vizzola's summoning cry. 

One that ends in a choked squeak as a shadowy fist collides into her weathered petals, toxic barbs scattering on impact as the Glimmora is knocked out of the air. 

Good job, Vizzy.” Angelo returns her before she can crumple on the floor like a wilted sunflower head. “Nice one, guys. That one's got a killer punch.

notes;

- 2v2, singles

- glimmora uses earth power
- glimmora is hit by phantom force
- glimmora's ability toxic debris activates

- toxic spikes scatter on the field
- glimmora faints 

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2023 8:47:20 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
across the ring, the toxic spikes skitter like crushed pill fragments. the annihilape huffs as the glimmora is recalled, and though it twitches from a tick of poison, remains forever scornful in expression.[break][break]

"'course leonard does!" noah says of his pokemon's punch. "he gets it from me!"[break][break]

the gym leader laughs, a play-fist firmly sculpted at the end of a flexed forearm. [break][break]

"who's next?" noah shouts. "we'll take 'em."[break][break]

readying its fists, the annihilape snorts. its tendril-like hairs sway like cemetery branches as it waits.

[break][break]

annihilape awaits next mon![break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 19:01:18 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Noah makes for a good opponent. His banter bringing a competitive edge to Angelo's smile, enjoying the harmless battles on two fronts. Neither he wants to lose. 

A chuckle airily breezes as Angelo unclips the next pokéball from his belt. “You've kind of got to. Isn't it in the job description?” 

Pointing the beam through the bars of the ring, red light twists into the shape of a sleek, pale Charizard. Shrike emerging with a strong stroke of her wings, keeping her claws suspended above the blanket of spikes. 

Well, here she is,” Angelo proudly presents as she snorts out attitude smoke plumes, tone edging close enough to it sounding like a warning. “You asked for her. Shrike, ominous wind!

With an almighty flap, Shrike stirs up a tainted storm. Howling wind sweeping up toxic spikes as it sweeps towards the annihilape. 

notes;

- 2v2, singles
- toxic spikes on the field

- charizard uses ominous wind

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,526 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 2:48:08 GMT
noah faber Avatar
[attr="class","noahf"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
noah rides the wave of angelo's raillery and a laugh leaves him. it's in the job description yes—and although his seat in the gym challenge carries with it, a multitude of pressures, he counts his blessings that this his what sustains his living here.[break][break]

and not just by income, but by being a continual defense for a region at risk of folding into itself.[break][break]

the OMINOUS WIND sttrikes the annihilape and poisonous barbs sink into its fur. briefly, the damage seems significant. super-effective, poisonous and unnerving... but the annihilape rares up again, its nostrils flaring like a thousand furnaces.[break][break]

"RAGE FIST!" noah says with a cunning smile.[break][break]

leaping forth, an empowered spectral punch is thrown toward the charizard, the metal cuff rattling about.

[break][break]

annihilape hit; uses rage fist poggies[break][break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
flying press [gym]
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 17:47:46 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Angelo could call out for Shrike to pull back, to ascend higher up the height of the cage and yet he knows his charizard too well. Knows she thrives in the thrill of the fight, burns for it. 

She'd probably burn him with a searing look if he suggested she turn tail. 

Leonard leaps after taking his beating, rage manifest in its fist and Angelo steps closer to the wire fence, drawn in to the rattle of building momentum. 

They'd just have to play into her strengths. 

Counter!” He calls out as the rage fist slams heavily into Shrike's jaw, her eyes wincing and body flinching. Fire joining in the surge of rage, also.

With a whirl of movement, her tail whips in a blur of blue flame and ash to counter the annihilape up close. 

notes;

- 2v2, singles

- charizard is hit
- charizard uses counter