part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 1:26:32 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia b"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]their meeting place is high class, existing in a realm almost above mauville.

and it's stuffy in the way most business is, white collared and riddled with pleasantries.

regardless of three or four years in the position under her belt, she still feels out of place. it's a practiced manner, sure, but there's a robotic sense to it all that bores the mind.

perhaps tonight will be a change of pace. wouldn't that be nice?

she lingers by hostess stand, her back to the door. behind a curtain of purple hides a small tattoo at the nape of the neck. it winks at when he arrives shortly after.

and when she turns, her smile is as warm as it is cold. a walking contradiction perfect for this meeting.

"mr. caffey?"

at least, she believes so. he looks every inch of the man she saw on a google search in the car on the way here.

[newclass=.ophelia] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ophelia b] color: #AF9AC4; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ophelia i] text-decoration: underline dotted #AF9AC4; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
Act as if you’re a wealthy man, rich already, and you will become rich.
awards
281 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2023 12:06:57 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Three years.[break][break]

It had been three years since Frank had set foot in such a high-end restaurant that he had forgotten exactly how it felt. The stuffiness demanded a hushed tone and a reserved demeanor, but he felt like a kid in a candy store, and Arceus be damned if he wasn't going to enjoy being back in what he insisted was his natural environment.[break][break]

And so he met with a rakish smile, his hand extending to shake hers. She was beautiful, of course — gorgeous, even, the hint of tattoo he'd spied at the nape of her neck before she'd turned an enticing mystery. Frank wondered if he would ever unravel it.[break][break]

"Ms. Coin, what a pleasure," he greeted her, his accent making it plainly obvious he hailed from Black City, Unova. "Thank you for agreeing to meet with me."[break][break]

Once the handshake was over, he looked around, clearly impressed by the interior of the restaurant. "I have to say, you picked a spectacular place for dinner. Love the décor."[break][break]

He couldn't give two shits about décor, but it was a nice thing to say, especially in front of the hostess. The very young, very pretty hostess.[break][break]

But Frank was a gentleman, and he kept his eyes and attention on Ophelia. "Should we take our seat?"

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: New Year, New Me (CC)[break]
Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.frank1]--accent:#E7E7E7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frank1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

coin, fi fi
she/her
june 26th
sunyshore city, sinnoh
bisexual
bank owner, chairwoman
cadet
7 height
7 height
i want to watch wisteria grow right over my bare feet
awards
27 posts
ophelia coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 3:01:34 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]"please," she pauses, hand extending to shake his. "ophelia is fine."

the ms coin moniker still feels off-putting in a way she can't quite place. she blames it on imposter syndrome and yet, she knows it's not as simple as it sounds.

"thank you for asking. i appreciate your interest."

she had, perhaps, thought it a joke at first. the longer the thought of such a meeting lingered, though... the more enticing it sounded. she doesn't need a financial advisor by her side but the concept is sound enough to warrant this.

the urge for cheeks to flush a slight shade of pink beneath idle praise comes and goes. it persists in heat yet fails to produce a color. she's long since tried to keep a vice grip on the girlish tendencies that plague her. they have no place here.

"i have heard the food here is the best mauville has to offer."

at least, the reviews mention as such. she's as unfamiliar with mauville as she is with this man.

her eyes dart to the hostess, to the shy smile she wears. and they soften a fraction, more personal than professional. a habit she can't quite shake... the bleeding heart unbecoming of a woman in her position.

"does our table happen to be ready?"

the hostess nods slowly. a moment later and she's gathering their menus, shy eyes expectant of them to follow her.

[newclass=.ophelia] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.ophelia i] text-decoration: underline dotted #AF9AC4; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
281 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 12:35:57 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Her insistence that he call her by her first name only caused his smile to widen. "Ophelia, then. And you can just call me Frank."[break][break]

The hostess showed them to their table; Frank made sure to help Ophelia with her chair before taking his own seat opposite her. The table was intimate, designed for just two people, and lit with a single small candle. Overhead, the chandeliers were set to cast a low, cozy light over the entire dining area.[break][break]

Not the kind of person to jump straight to business, Frank perused the menu. "What sort of wine and food do you prefer, Ophelia? I'm a fan of Alto Maren cuisine, myself."[break][break]

His great-grandparents were originally from the island city, and he possessed fond childhood memories eating his grandmother's homemade pasta and risotto.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.frank1]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

coin, fi fi
she/her
june 26th
sunyshore city, sinnoh
bisexual
bank owner, chairwoman
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
27 posts
ophelia coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 20:12:00 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]he helps her with her chair first, pulling it out and waiting for her to settle in before taking a seat in his own. and as she sits, she murmurs a soft, "thank you, frank."

the lighting paints them both in a softer light. warmer than the harsh lines of business she's used to. in this atmosphere, she's almost fooled into thinking this is more of an indulgent meeting than the premise allows.

she studies him for a moment beneath the glow of the chandelier before her eyes drop to the menu. there's multiple choices that stick out to her. all of them, in some form, include pasta.

and when he asks of her preferences, she flashes a smile. the low light makes it more warm than practiced.

"i also happen to be a fan of alto marean cuisine, specifically any pasta dishes."

for wine...

"pink or white wine is a personal favorite as well."

she appreciates the sweeter notes. red is too bitter for her palate.

"do you have a preference for wine?"

she leans as she asks the question, a little closer to give him her full attention.

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
281 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Jan 19, 2023 15:39:13 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

"What a coincidence! You've picked the perfect restaurant for dinner, then." Frank chuckled, pleased by the way all the puzzle pieces seemed to slot together. Thumbing through the menu, he eventually settled on a plate of pasta al tonno.[break][break]

As for his preference for wine…[break][break]

"Not really. Whatever you want works for me. White usually goes well with pasta, no?"[break][break]

It was one of the many lessons his grandmother had tried to impart upon him when he stood at the cusp of manhood.[break][break]

The pair placed their orders for food and a bottle of white wine to share. After a waiter poured the wine for them, Frank held his glass toward his companion for a toast.[break][break]

"Cheers, Ophelia. To your good health, good fortune, and exceptional beauty." He grinned and winked at her before taking a sip.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

nikki

coin, fi fi
she/her
june 26th
sunyshore city, sinnoh
bisexual
bank owner, chairwoman
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
27 posts
ophelia coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 2:39:27 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]truthfully, she had carefully selected this restaurant solely based on their course selection. each pasta dish sounded too heavenly for her to not pick up the phone and place the reservation.

and in the end, she settles on the classic fettuccini alfredo with lemon garlic shrimp. a safe choice, perhaps.

"it does."

she smiles a little wider, pleased with his decision.

the waitress places their orders a moment after leaving and returns after a few minutes have passed with a basket of warm bread, butter, and oil. the glasses of white wine follow shortly after.

she plucks hers up and extends it to meet his, the clinking of glasses never failing to be a satisfying sound.

"and to yours as well, frank, beauty especially included."

the corners of her smile lose their polite edge. it's a tease she washes down with a sip of crisp white wine.

"now, shall we begin the business portion or would you prefer to wait until after dinner?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
281 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2023 0:31:51 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

A laugh came easily to Frank after Ophelia's tease. He sipped from his glass as well, pleased she seemed to be in a good enough mood.[break][break]

"Now's a great time for business. After all, who knows what state we'll be in after dinner," he said with a cheeky grin. A beat later, he continued, "Full of pasta and wine! Who wants to talk business like that, eh?"[break][break]

Absently, Frank picked up the white cloth napkin folded elegantly in front of him and unfurled it.[break][break]

"So, as I mentioned in my email, Caffey Financial Group is just starting out here in Hoenn and we are looking to affiliate with larger companies. As a financial advisory firm, we can provide guidance to your customers for any large projects, investments, or trading they wish to undertake," he explained. "From my experience, such a partnership could benefit Jolt United greatly, as it typically does for banks."[break][break]

He paused, taking another sip of his wine so that Ophelia could consider his words and respond.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.frank1]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".frank1 .text b"]font:bold 13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

coin, fi fi
she/her
june 26th
sunyshore city, sinnoh
bisexual
bank owner, chairwoman
cadet
7 height
7 height
awards
27 posts
ophelia coin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @coin
ophelia coin
thoroughfare
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 2:07:16 GMT
ophelia coin Avatar
[attr="class","ophelia"]
[attr="class","ophelia i"]a small smile flashes from behind the rim of a wine glass before he takes center stage.

and as he speaks, she gingerly sips down each word with white wine.

"i see."

the glass returns to its place on table cloth and she leans forward in her seat, eyes focused entirely on him and the concept he presents.

"while i don't doubt your experience, i must ask... why do you believe jolt united should select your firm over other financial groups?"

color her curious, perhaps. there's a necessary dance to this meeting, one she is still growing accustomed to dancing. weeding out the best from the herd requires additional information, portfolios needed to further the foundation he has already laid.

"could you provide examples of where your expertise has led to greater results?"

close tab

played by

gunsmile

Francis
he / him
September 19
Black City, Unova
bisexual
financial consultant
civilian
you let me
complicate you
5'11" / 180 cm height
5'11" / 180 cm height
awards
281 posts
Frank Caffey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @frank
Frank Caffey
thoroughfare
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 15:36:39 GMT
Frank Caffey Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","frank1"]
[attr="class","text"]

Frank continued to smile pleasantly, undeterred by the interview-like questions he had prepared to hear. He reached into a briefcase he had brought with him and removed a manila folder with several reports he'd compiled.[break][break]

Handing it to Ophelia, he said, "I've prepared this for your perusal since I knew you'd ask. Not only will you find my CV, but also detailed reports with graphs of my work as a stockbroker back in Black City."[break][break]

He sat back and sipped his wine.[break][break]

"Caffey Financial Group may be new and small now, but I have a long history of work in the financial sector. I hope to bring that expertise to Hoenn and find opportunities to help business leaders here."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Outfit

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".frank1 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,943 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
thoroughfare
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 21:19:25 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: