twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
This soul of mine breaks over and over ...
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
Up to snuff [Gym][Andrea]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 21:10:02 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec had walked towards the ranch on the outskirts of Fallabour, having a serious look on his face. The memories of his past swirl in his mind. He remembered when he used to be a Gym Leader, and they were his fondest memories. But every time they pop into his head, so do the memories of that fateful day. A hand down below his waist tightened into a fist. "Don't worry about that. The time will come when Team Rocket gets there," he thought to himself. Just as he had entered past the ranch gate, Alec decided to look around for the Gym Leader who resided there. "Hey! Anybody home!? I'm here to challenge the Gym Leader," Alec belted loudly, hoping to catch someone's attention around here. He admitted that he didn't know how much exactly the Hoenn Region had changed, however what he did know was that There was now a minor league gym challenge.

Alec had hopes of taking on the major league, but ... taking things slow was probably for the best. After all, he was presumed to be dead by League and Rocket. He didn't much care whether or not the League knew he was alive, but as for Team Rocket, he wanted it to stay that way, at least until it was time to kick their ass. For now, he'd settle with training, and what better way to train than face one of the new Gym Leaders?

Notes: Hope this is good! ^^

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 21:34:59 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
At first, nobody would answer Alec's call, the ranch being suspiciously empty. Soon, however, the wind shifted, a large shadow blotting out the sun. A beautiful Salamence made its descent, landing on the ground in front of him with an audible thud.

A young, bespectacled woman clad in a dragon-like onesie climbed off the pseudo-legendary's back, greeting the challenger with a jovial wave. "Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting. My name's Andrea. I'm the Gym leader here." The strangely-dressed girl introduced herself. "So, which Pokémon will you be bringing?"
close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 22:01:36 GMT
alec foster Avatar
The way the Salamence and girl made their appearance known to him, definitely reminded him of his own 'grand entrances'. Was she also wearing a dragon onesie? Despite her eccentric choice of garb, Alec answered her. No worries. Also, nice to meet ya, Andrea. Name's Alec. As for my pokemon of choice," he said, tossing out two pokeballs on opposite sides of him, revealing a Garchomp on the left and a Flygon on the right. "I'll be using these two," was all he said. He had plenty of different pokemon to choose from, but he always favored using his own dragons. Admittedly, Alec didn't have a 'strategy' per se, however, he had a feeling that these two would be more than capable of holding their own.

He had no intention of asking Andrea what her choices would be. Instead, he figured he would just wait and see what she would choose. Honestly, Alec liked it that way. He preferred being surprised. Always knowing seemed kinda boring. Either way, the serious-looking expression he had on his face had shifted to a smirk filled with anticipation. It was clear that he was ready for battle.

Notes:

[/quote]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 22:31:26 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The challenger, who introduced himself as Alec, revealed his choices to be Garchomp and Flygon. "Ooh, these are some strong-looking friends!" The draconic cosplayer remarked. Based on her outfit, she was obviously a big fan of Dragon types.

"Double battle sounds good! My first pick will be Sora, obviously." The novice Gym leader said, gesturing towards her Salamence. "As for my second pick..." The young, costumed woman shuffled through her Pokéballs, finally sending out a Slowbro that stared vacantly at the group. "I'll go with Brody here!"

Her team of choice was unusual and had very little synergy, but she was trying to mix things up. Given her last few bouts, she didn't want to become known as the Dragon-type Gym leader. She had so many other Pokémon friends she wished to showcase.

The eccentric trainer ran to one side of the arena, ready to start the battle. "Alright, Sora, dazzle them with your beautiful Dragon Dance!" She ordered her Salamence, who spread her crimson wings and circled the air. Her Slowbro, on the other hand, remained rooted to the ground, letting out a lazy Yawn. For some reason, Alec's Garchomp would begin to feel drowsy.

close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 23:24:08 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec held his smirk as Andrea chose her pokemon. Her Salamence, along with a Slowbro. "Interesting choice. That Slowbro might be a problem if it knows an Ice type Move," The dragon tamer thought to himself. Luckily for him, he had somewhat of an idea of how to start this battle. Alec watched Andrea's Salamence perform a dragon dance while the Slowbro let out a yawn, which he noticed had started to affect his Garchomp. "Zephyra, Sandstorm! Bruce, Sand Tomb!" Alec commanded. Zephyra started to take flight, flapping her wings, which had summoned up a Sandstorm, quickly wrapping around the battlefield, While Bruce at the same time, used the sand that started to blow in the wind, making a good cluster of it sent hurling toward the Slowbro. If the Slowbro were to be caught in the SAND TOMB, then it would have a much harder time.

Just shortly after Bruce the Garchomp made its attack though, it had dozed off, falling asleep. Alec wondered though if they'd be able to find his Garchomp though, despite it being asleep, its SAND VEIL, would make him a little bit safer. "I don't mean to play dirty, but a battle is a battle, Something I'm sure you'd agree with me on," Alec called out to Andrea as the Sandstorm only just started raging, putting up the hood of his cloak as to not get sand in his eyes.

Notes:
Zephyra the Flygon used Sandstorm!

1. A Sandstorm Kicked up!

2. Bruce the Garchomp used Sand Tomb on Brody the Slowbro!

3. Normal DMG if hit & will be trapped anywhere between 2-5 turns.

4. Bruce Fell Asleep due to Brody the Slowbro's Yawn

5. Bruce, the Garchomp's SAND VEIL ability is in play due to the Sandstorm!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 9:18:28 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
A roaring Sandstorm hit the field. Luckily, Andrea's glasses shielded her eyes. Her Pokémon were not as lucky, their vision impaired by the floating dust and debris. "Sora, Fly above it!" The dragon-hooded girl cried out. Her Salamence obeyed, flying over the dust cloud in order to get a clearer view.

Brody the Slowbro was not as lucky, getting trapped in a maelstrom of sand. Whether he actually felt any pain was unclear, since his dopey expression never changed. Letting out a deep, elongated cry of "Slooooooow!" he tried to fling Alec's Flygon around like a ragdoll using his potent Psychic.

close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 0:01:48 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Despite the whipping of the Sandstorm that continued to swallow the vicinity around them, Alec had managed to hear her command her Salamence to take flight. If I had to wager a guess, she's gonna use her Salamence to find Bruce while up in the air," Alec thought to himself while squinting his eyes, seeing the Garchomp's silhouette within the raging storm. "Oi, Bruce! I think it's time to wake up!" the dragon tamer called out to his Garchomp. At first, didn't seem to budge, but a few seconds after, the silhouette started to move. Bruce raised its head, looking over at Alec, giving his master a nod, then proceeding to use DIG, burrowing under the ground.

Alec was kinda surprised that calling out to Bruce actually woke him up. Normally, his Garchomp was normally a hardhead at most times. That was when Alec noticed Andrea's Slowbro start to do something. Was it moaning? That was when he caught Zephyra waving around in the air as if something was swinging her around. That was when he put it together. Andrea's Slowbro was using Psychics. After the worst was over, Zephyra, shook her head, not liking having been tossed around like that, giving the Slowbro from beneath the most sinister glare ever. It kind of even made Alec worried. Zephyra always got upset very easily, especially when battling, but he never saw her make that face. The flygon sped down directly towards the Slowbro, stopping a few inches above the ground in front of it, only to continuously BULLDOZE the ground with its two powerful feet, while shrieking violently. She decided to see whether or not the Slowbro liked the same thing. As Alec watched on, he only thought one thing. I will never make Zephyra angry ever again... She'll destroy me!" he thought to himself.

Notes:
1. Alec calls to Bruce the Garchomp, waking him up.
[break]
2. Bruce the Garchomp uses Dig, burrowing its way underground.
[break]
3. Zephyra is hurt by Brody the Slowbro's Psychic.
[break]
4. Zephyra retaliates with Bulldoze on Brody the Slowbro.
[break]
5. The Sandstorm rages on!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 10:04:13 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Alec's intuition was right. Able to see the Pokémon's shadows from up in the air, Sora dove down at top speed. However, by the time the dragonness came back to the fight, the Garchomp had already woken up and burrowed deep underground, so her aerial attack ended up hitting nothing.

Brody arguably had it worse, inciting the Flygon's wrath. "Watch out, Brody!" Andrea tried to warn him, but true to his species name the Slowbro was too slow. That Bulldoze knocked him off balance, and with his heavy shell it proved difficult for him to get up right away.

Not that he minded lying down for a few seconds. Being the chillest bro in the world, Brody proceeded to Slack Off in the middle of intense combat, which seemingly restored his health back to full, cancelling out any damage he had sustained thus far.

"Slooooooooooooooow..."

close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 20:53:10 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec watched on as Zephyra finished her spiteful onslaught. However, despite the beating it had taken thus far, it started to heal itself, which Alec should have known better. However, the sandstorm was still raging on, so to him, it didn't matter whether or not Andrea's Slowbro healed itself. Not to mention, her Salamence was also affected by the debris the sandstorm was blowing all around them. Bruce the Garchomp then suddenly emerged from behind the Slowbro, charging at it with full force as it came back up to the surface. Andrea was probably wondering why Alec's pokemon had yet to attack her Salamence. But, then again, the answer was obvious. He wanted to let Sandstorm that Zephyra brewed up take its toll on the flying dragon. Then once it was fairly weakened, he'd have his two dragons change their attack pattern and gun for the Salamence together as a team.

"I guess one could say I chose wisely to have them focus on the Slowbro for the time being. I know for a fact that if I had them both gunning for the Salamence, we'd be in a tight spot," Alec thought to himself. "Zephyra! Fall back for a bit and use Dragon Dance!" Alec called out to his Flygon. She nodded, having gotten over her little spout of anger against the Slowbro. She ascended a bit further into the air, dancing along with the raging sands. With his Flygon now having used Dragon Dance, her speed and physical attack power would grow, which made her able to handle the Salamence, if it came down to it. However, he still planned on having his two dragons focus on the Slowbro. Facing off against the Salamence would only be a last resort situation. "You're a pretty good battler, Andrea." Was all Alec had said to her. There was no hint of sarcasm in his voice, which probably wasn't normal for Alec. He was being serious. It was clear that she and her pokemon were working well together, just as he was. He could also tell that she cared for her pokemon deeply, just as he does.

Notes:
1. Bruce emerges from underground and attacks Brody the Slowbro with Dig.
[break]
2. Zephyra falls back and uses Dragon Dance.
[break]
3. The Sandstorm rages on!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 21:22:44 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Bruce landed a good hit on the lazy Slowbro, but in the process he also managed to knock the latter back into an upright position. "Brody, hit that Garchomp with an Ice Punch!" Alec's fears from earlier were validated. With his feet firmly rooted to the ground again, the Slowbro enveloped his fist in frigid cold air, before aiming a calculated punch at the Garchomp's midsection.

Meanwhile, Sora powered through the Sandstorm, but was slowly but surely getting weakened by it. As Alec ordered his Flygon to dance, Andrea got a similar idea in her head. "Thanks! You're pretty good too!" The draconic cosplayer replied to him, before throwing her hand forward dramatically. "Sora, show them that your Dragon Dance is better!"

The azure dragonness roared in affirmation, circling the air gracefully despite her large size. This was her second Dragon Dance for those counting. At this rate, Alec's team would need to do something about the overpowered Salamence before things got out of hand.

close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 22:34:30 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec had smirked when Andrea commanded her Slowbro to use Ice Punch on Bruce. Truth be told, this was the moment that he had been waiting for. "Defend and Counter, Bruce!" Alec called out to his Garchomp. Despite not giving the Garchomp a precise command, it knew exactly what to do. With Slowbro not necessarily being the fastest and most agile pokemon on Andrea's team, as well as having its speed lowered no thanks to Zephyra's BULLDOZE from earlier, Garchomp, managed to bring up the right fin from his arm, using it somewhat as a shield. Bruce would still be hurt by the Ice Punch, however, it was better than taking a direct blow to his midsection. Then with a roar, Bruce the Garchomp, lifted the same fin he used to defend, also, catching the slowbro off balance. The two fins flashed a color of green, then Bruce immediately charged forward, making a slicing motion with both of its fins, slashing at the Slowbro simultaneously, while having passed its target a few feet forward. Alec held a smirk, seeing that Bruce's training had definitely paid off, with Its DUAL CHOP being in synch with its own movement. The real question though was whether or not the Slowbro would have been able to handle an immediate counter, having two hits being conducted on it at once at such a close range.

It was clear that Bruce was slightly a little more banged up than Zephyra, but he was still in this fight, and judging by the look on its face, it was determined to pull through and try to lead Alec to win the battle. "Oi, Zephyra. Keep that Dragon Dance up," he called to his flygon, which happily obliged. One could say that he didn't pay attention to Andrea's Salamence doing another one as well, however, that was far from the truth. He knew that Salamence in general was strong. Hell, he owned not just one, but two of them. He knew their strengths and weaknesses, so there was no need to worry all that much. As long Zephyra kept up her DRAGON DANCE as well, they'd still be on par with one another.

Notes:
1. Bruce defends against Brody the Slowbro's Ice Punch
[break]
2. Bruce still takes damage.
[break]
3. Bruce counters with Dual Chop on Brody the Slowbro.
[break]
4. Zephyra does a second Dragon Dance.
[break]
5. The sandstorm rages on!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 22:59:55 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Again, it was hard to tell if the Slowbro felt any pain at all, since his expression never changed, but he was significantly bruised by Bruce's counterattack. In retaliation, the Water type conjured a massive tidal wave out of thin air, Surfing on it for style points. The aquatic attack would affect every Pokémon currently on the field, including allies, but Andrea's Salamence didn't mind getting a little wet.

Zephyra did another Dragon Dance, trying to match the pseudo-legendary's overwhelming strength that was seconds away from being displayed. "You shouldn't have ignored Sora for this long!" The trainer of dragons smiled confidently. "The time for dancing is over! Now it's Dragon Rush time!" She exclaimed.

Following the well timed order, the boosted Salamence barreled into Alec's Flygon with all of her draconic might, the attack made all the more devastating thanks to the successive Dragon Dances.

close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 1:13:53 GMT
alec foster Avatar
"And you shouldn't underestimate a Dragon Tamer," Alec had said, smirking back at Andrea with the same confidence. Sure, Andrea owned dragon pokemon, that much was clear. However, Alec was born into a family who specialized in training and taking care of them, He had been doing so for the past sixteen, almost seventeen years. Andrea's Slowbro ended up using SURF, not only hurting Alec's pokemon but her Salamence as well. While yes, that was rather clever, but Alec believed that Andrea didn't realize how much it'd actually wear out her Salamence. Even with the two Dragon Dances it had accumulated over the course of this battle, it had still been affected by the Sandstorm since the very beginning of this battle. Bruce the Garchomp braced itself for the oncoming tidal wave conjured up by the Slowbro, deciding on its own that now would be the best time to take out the daft one once and for all. It used its speed and as well as shark-like fins to surge through the water, using a powerful DRAGON RUSH of its own gunning right at the Slowbro with full force.

Bruce stood for about a second after his attack connected, but fell to the ground, no longer able to keep fighting. Alec pulled Bruce's Pokeball, returning it. "You did well, Bruce. Rest up," Alec said, putting the Pokeball back inside his bag. He had given it his all in this fight, and he wasn't gonna down without taking down that Slowbro with him either. It all now depended on Zephyra.

Despite Zephyra Getting hurt from the Slowbro's attack, It still paid mind to Andrea's Salamence which started to gun for her, rushing at her in a straight line. Zephyra used her two wings while levitating in the air as a shield, just like how Bruce had done with its fins from earlier The Salamence had collided with her, and the impact did hurt, however, she made use of her LEVITATE once more, swiftly moving upward slightly, only to bring down a DRAGON CLAW down at the center of the Salamence's back, right between its two red wings. That particular spot was Salamence's weak spot. Of course, it was rather hard to hit, but with Zephyra's increase in speed, she didn't have to necessarily outspeed the salamence, but rather outsmart it. The force behind Zephyra's dragon claw would send the Salamence spiraling downward to the ground. Alec was sure that it wouldn't hit the ground, but he was sure that the attack that Zephyra landed on its back would be extremely painful. Not to mention, The sandstorm was still raging, only making it more difficult for Andrea's pokemon.

Notes:
1. Bruce powers through the Surf and attacks Brody the Slowbro with Dragon Rush.
[break]
2. Bruce still takes damage.
[break]
3. Double KO on Bruce the Garchomp and Brody the Slowbro(?)
[break]
4. Zephyra defends against Salamence's Dragon Rush.
[break]
5. Zephyra still takes damage.
[break]
6. Zephyra counters with Dragon Claw on Andrea's Salamence.
[break]
7. the sandstorm still rages on!

close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,679 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 9:51:40 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Using its shark-like characteristics, Alec's Garchomp deftly swam through the torrent in order to land a devastating hit on the Surfing Slowbro. For the first time in the battle, the pink dope's expression changed, his eyes turning into swirls, indicating that he fainted.

Andrea called Brody back into the safety of his ball just as Alec did the same for Bruce. "It's OK, Brody... You'll always be a bro in my heart." The young woman whispered to the Pokéball.

Two fighters remained, and they clashed against each other with everything they had. Sora's eyes widened when she realized what the Flygon was up to, hastily attempting to protect herself, but it was too late... The Dragon Claw swiped at her weak spot, causing the azure dragonness to roar in pain. No longer able to keep up flight, she fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"Woah, I spoke too soon!" The novice Gym leader recalled her Salamence as well, letting it rest inside its ball. "You really are a Dragon Tamer! You beat us fair and square!" The draconic cosplayer remarked in awe.

close tab

played by

balance

Al
he/him
twenty-six
June 17
Blackthorn City, Johto
bisexual
gym leader
gym leader
53 height
53 height
awards
291 posts
alec foster DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alec
alec foster
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 20:14:34 GMT
alec foster Avatar
Alec wasn't expecting Andrea's Salamence to go down that easily, however, the sandstorm that Zephyra made had sapped whatever strength it had left as it was falling down to the ground, thus make it hit the ground hard. Despite witnessing his own victory at that moment, a part of him felt ... sad. It reminded him of the crushing defeat he had when he faced off against Team Rocket. He remembered lying there with his pokemon, battered and broken. The scar that had been given to him that day started to ache, forcing Alec to instinctively clutch onto the top of his left shoulder for a couple of seconds as the sandstorm finally had begun to subside.

As Andrea was talking to him, he forced himself to smile at her, not wanting to have her see his pained expression as he was reminiscing about that horrific day. "I guess I did, huh? I gotta admit though, it was a very close call. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but you definitely got the skill and spunk," Alec said, giving Andrea a smirk. It was at that moment that he pulled out Zephyra's Pokeball, returning her to it so that she could rest like Bruce was doing.

"You're gonna go far as a Gym Leader, Andrea." Alec said to her, confident in his own words. "I thought I would ... but that ship has sailed ..." Alec thought to himself. A part of him found some semblance of closure today, battling Andrea. Of course, it was nowhere near whole, but at least it was a start.

Notes:
1. Zephyra the Flygon is the last one standing.
[break]
2. Alec is the victor!
[break]
3. The sandstorm subsided.