part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
ELINOR ANDERSON | INTERVIEW
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 3:50:07 GMT
Callan Young Avatar

Interview

ELINOR ANDERSON

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/798740629588672583/1060566747905790033/Pokemon_League_Interview_Pokemon_Scarlet__Violet__Original_Soundtrack_OST.mp3[/player]
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, League Interview OST

On the third floor of Ever Grande's League Offices, a single room stripped of any embellishments existed. Inside, a single desk of marble and wood, and two chairs, one for the interviewer, and another for the interviewee, illuminated by vaguely warm, halogen light.

Callan slipped in several minutes early, as usual. In front of him was a single laptop that he placed slightly ajar from the center of the desk as he awaited the participants entry. He crossed his legs and opens up a word document of existing generic questions that he would ask to any trainer.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 17:12:08 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Light thuds of shoes against flooring announced Elinor’s approach to the office. Clad in a casual business suit, hair flowing like a pink waterfall down her back.

Her heart was thumping, palms sweaty. One of the goals she had when she returned to Hoenn earlier last year was coming close. Defeating the Elite Four. The finish line was so close, she could almost grab it.

But before she could challenge the Elite Four, there was an interview to be held.

Callan would be the one to ask the questions.

This excited her. Not in an intimate way, but more of a professional excitement. It wasn’t often she got to be on the receiving end of his professional doings.

She walked through the door right on time. “Hi.” She took a seat with the casualness befitting her station.

OOC:

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 6:40:09 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan smiles as she enters into the interview room. "Hey. Good to see you made it Elly." Callan began, he moves over and briefly hugs her, but otherwise attempts to maintain his neutrality. He slides a chair for her before sitting himself down on the other side, pressing a button to begin the recording.

A script begins to log into the screen as he starts talking: "This interview is really a set of questions I'm asking to assess your character. But you don't have to treat it as an interview, it's just for me to get a reference of your personality." Even though they did know each other, he preferred neutrality, particularly when it came to the subject of conflicts of interest. "So, let's begin, can you tell me a bit about yourself and why you want to take the champion assessment?"

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 20:56:22 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

A brief hug and comforting pleasantry was shared between the two before the interview began.

With a press of the button the interview has officially begun.

Callan provided a brief introduction of their objective for this interview, and she responded with a nod. He might claim that she ought not treat it as an interview. But she would give it the professional respect it deserved.

“Of course.” Elinor took a moment to ponder her introduction. “Well. My name is Elinor Anderson, as of recording this I am twenty-three years old and a member of the Hoenn Council.” She took a breath. That should be enough of an introduction.

“Why do I want to take the Champion Assessment?” She seemed thoughtful. “Bragging rights.” The joke was clear in her tone. “But in all seriousness. I am a Pokémon trainer, competition is what I live for. When I am not working, I am training. And In all honesty the Champion Assessment is just another step on the ladder that I am climbing.” Perhaps a bit too much honesty. But the confidence was sure to win someone over.

Her gaze never left Callan, and now it even sought his gaze. “I am aiming for the top.” The answer was given with the same confidence.

OOC:

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Jan 31, 2023 16:38:22 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Bragging rights is an entirely fair point, but maybe phrased a tad informally." Callan replies, smiling, He knew it was a joke, but for many it was a legitimate source of motivation, and one he did not downplay on. Callan pauses as she continues. His eyes gaze on her like a hawk, he needed to be impersonal.

"Great, this leads me to my next question, what defines a good Pokemon Trainer to you?"

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2023 17:56:18 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Callan seemed to accept her answer and quickly moved on.

However, the next question was a tricky one, or at least she liked to make it seem so.

“A good Pokemon trainer?” She repeated quickly followed with a light thoughtful ‘hmmmm.’

“That’s a very extensive topic, which I am sure there’s been written a whole library’s worth of literature on the matter, scientific and otherwise.” She continued. “But I will try to summarize my thoughts on it.” She took a moment to breath.

“A good Pokémon trainer is someone who can get a Pokémon to live up to its full potential, whether it is on the battlefield, in the Contest Halls or merely as a support Pokémon for those in need. Of course to do this requires both extensive knowledge of a variety of Pokémon species as well as the patience and Pokémon handling skills to gain their trust, especially if they work with former wild Pokémon.”

Elinor finished her answer and looked to Callan to see if the answer was satisfactory.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 6:01:47 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan nods silently, unconsciously at her answer, as he reads the script on Elinor's reply. He pauses for a moment, having gleaned a small part of her personal beliefs on raising Pokemon, he'd like to inquire about her training and preferences. "Okay, I'd like to give you a hypothetical situation, Elinor." He begins.

"Let's assume you are about to face a member of the Elite Four in three weeks time, and you are building a team to create an opportunity to take advantage of their heavy reliance on physical attackers. You're given a choice between two Pokemon to raise." Callan pauses, considering the choices. "You have the choice of two Pokemon that can give you a significant advantage against them.

One is a Tyranitar, fresh caught from the wild. It is violent, aggressive, and prone to taking risks, but clearly the more powerful of the two. The other, is a Corviknight who is a silent and powerful defensive presence, but not the strongest. Which one do you choose, and why?"
Callan paused, "You may ask for clarifications or elaboration, if you wish."

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 18:58:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

She wasn’t surprised Callan gave her a hypothetical scenario nor did she mind it. She did take a moment to consider, and even went as far as jokingly say “I presume taking both is not an option?”

She would’ve done so if it was.

Alas it seemed she had no choice but to pick. “My choice would be Corviknight.” She gave a moment for Callan to take that in or note it down if he wanted to.

“My reasons for that choice are as follows. One, my current selection of Pokémon are very offensively inclined. A defensive Pokémon would help balance my team. Second, given the temperament of the Tyrannitar it would take me longer than the allotted three weeks to foster enough mutual trust between us that I would feel comfortable bringing it with me to an Elite Four match.”

“If I had been given more than three weeks, the choice might have been more difficult for me. But with the time constraints in mind. It’s a rather easy choice.” Elinor finished.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 14:13:40 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"Okay, great." Callan notes her answer, having gotten a feel of her choice of Pokemon and her thought process behind it.

"Let's move on to the next segment. Can you tell me a bit about how you raise Pokemon, and if you can, your battling style?"

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 11:28:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

“I like to raise my Pokémon with a very personal touch, especially in the beginning. I will spend as much time with them as my work permits, and make sure they are well incorporated into the family.” She took a moment to breathe.

“Once that’s done training will begin, and how that is approached depends on a lot of factors such as their previous level of battle experience etc. But one thing that I do for all of them, is to pair them up with one or two experienced members of my team in a buddy-system.”

And from there she’d trail off into a long explanation of the various training regiments that she put her Pokémon through to make sure they were well versed in dealing with as many styles of battle as possible. It was probably a good ten to fifteen minutes before the focus of her conversation moved onto the second part of the question.

“As for my battling style. I like to approach any battle with an emphasis on hitting hard and hitting fast.” She smiled, knowing full well how simple it made her sound.

“It isn’t complex, but it is efficient. And should my opponent be capable of handling the initial attacks, It will often have provided me with a good idea on their approach to the battle, allowing me to adjust my own strategy accordingly.”

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 15:05:07 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
"There's nothing wrong with simplicity." Callan replied. Regardless, he knew nothing else that needed further be said about her battling style. Of all of his interviews, this question was the one that needed the least amount of focus. It was less about what they said, and more about how they said it. "Okay, I have a fairly good idea of your personality in total. I just have a few more questions. My next one is: What do you think being a Champion entails?"

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 19:38:20 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

The next question came as expected. But this time she took a moment to think, to ponder how to word the answer she would give.

“Well, being a champion means being a beacon not only of battling prowess, but of Hope. It means that you are someone the people can put their faith in when times grow dark. It means no matter the dangers, the League can trust that you won’t shy away from helping.”

Elinor took a moment. “Of course, I am under no illusion that ALL Champions will be like that. But it is what I hope they all aspire to be –” She paused

“And how I aspire to be.” she finished off.

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2023 8:20:59 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan nods, he knew this much already. He paused as he looks at the script before back towards her. "I see, I think that's admirable, I also believe that it's something that a Champion should have." Callan paused, "I want to ask more about your aspiration. You've said that a champion should be a beacon of hope, I want you to break it down for me why you want to help people, what is the motivation behind it? What caused you to aspire to be a 'beacon of hope'?"

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,601 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2023 13:14:29 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

“If I had to decide on a single event that caused those aspirations. It would definitely have to be the day Necrozma visited Sootopolis.”

A dark day indeed, the darkest day some might say. She had been there, and she knew Callan had been there as well. She pondered for a moment how well he remembered it.

“Seeing how helpless I was during that, made me realize I had to do better and be stronger.” She began.

“But I know I am only one person.” She paused. The taste of dark memories on her tongue as the words left her mouth.

“That’s why I hope that by leading through my example I can inspire people to become their best selves and to be ready when something like Necrozma decides to go for round two.”

OOC:

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2023 12:21:40 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
Callan listened intently as Elinor recounted the pivotal moment in her life that inspired her to pursue the challenge of facing the Elite Four. He remembered the dark day when Necrozma visited Sootopolis, the chaos and helplessness that had engulfed the city. He could see the determination in Elinor's eyes as she spoke.

"It's clear that your experiences have shaped your desire to become stronger, Elinor," Callan said, nodding in agreement. He paused for a moment, reflecting on her words. "Challenging the Elite Four is a test of not only your skills as a trainer, but also your resilience and adaptability. Based on what you've shared, I believe you possess the qualities needed to take on this challenge."

Callan leaned back in his chair, studying Elinor's expression. "How do you plan to approach the Elite Four challenge, knowing that each member will test not only your Pokémon's strength but also your ability to strategize, adapt, and persevere? Give me an example of how you've demonstrated these qualities in a previous battle."