Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,361 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 13:57:55 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullhover"]

[attr="class","skullimg"]

[attr="class","skulltitle"]導通抵抗
[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Are w-?"[break][break]

Oh. Isaac hated what he was going through enough as a grown-ass adult. For a little girl to be crushed under the same burden was unbearable to consider. Understanding lit in Isaac's remaining good eye. He made sure to keep a handle on it before it rolled oved to rage.[break][break]

Still, she wouldn't let it stop her, and he wasn't about to let his own injury stop him. Why should he let hers stop her? He smiled, cementing the understanding between the two as he stepped aside and let her cook.[break][break]

Oh dear. Her first toss was pretty damn off. The gamerunner shot her a sympathetic look, but Isaac settled for a teasing smirk. "Dang, kid, you sure showed that tent who's boss," he teased, before stepping up to throw some coins over for his own set of balls. "Now, watch and learn!"[break][break]

Behind his eyepatch, Isaac didn't need to squeeze any eyes shut. Instead, he just felt the heft of the ball in his hand, carefully tossing it up and down. Once he'd finished feeling it out, he pointed as if to call his shot, then gave the ball a good toss. It hit its mark directly! You know, if its mark was the left side of the tent and not a single bottle.[break][break]

With how hard the two were winging these, and how bad their aim was, the game runner made the wise decision of standing far away from the bottles. Smart man.

[break][break]

[break]
[attr="class","skullinfo"]MOBILE POST /

[attr="class","skullcredits"]TAIKO!

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,867 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 14:27:40 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]just this once
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]let me chase this dream
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]"Okay, at least I hit the back of the tent. How did you manage to hit a homerun on your attempt?" Elbowing gently in the side, Eris laughs and readies herself for her next attempt.[break][break]

Now, when she says they're on even footing, what she really means is that she has an unfair advantage of Reiner being there to give her advice on how to adjust (even if it's simply from looking at the unconscious expressions he makes). Pulling her hold downwards earns a disgruntled snort from the Luxray and shifting her grip on the ball makes his nose wrinkle. When she takes a tiny step back, his ears twitch and she quickly exerts force as she tosses the ball.[break][break]

"No! You watch and learn... YOUR LESSON, OLD MAN!!"

This time, the ball slams into one of the bottles at the bottom, chipping away at the tower's stability. And she's clapping her hands together, muttering quiet prayers under her breath as she watches the stack begin to wobble and shake. But then, it stops - It's almost as if something has simply overridden the force of her throw and swallowed it up.[break][break]

Eris raises a brow but holds her thoughts back as she looks to Isaac with the smuggest grin.[break][break]

"Now THAT'S how you aim!"
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"] || mission || disguise || theme

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/zU3xbnI.png);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/zU3xbnI.png);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,361 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 14:58:41 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skulloverlap"]BUT HOLD YOUR BREATH, GUESS WHO'S RUNNING THE SHOW?

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Because I am capable of incredible things." Incredibly bad was also a form of incredible, it turned out. He smirked at Eris' teasing elbow, then stood aside to let her make her next shot.[break][break]

The kid was a natural hustler. Her little glances to Reiner were so subtle that Isaac missed the majority of them. The two of them could run a damn good scam, if they put their minds to it. Once she was in position, she hit Isaac with a defiant taunt, then yeeted the ball with all of her might.[break][break]

She wasn't the only hustler here. The stack wobbled and shook, but the its momentum was dragged to a premature stop. It shook too much for it to be the old bottle full of lead trick. Was it good old fashioned glue? A Polteageist smuggled inside the bottles? Isaac's eye narrowed suspiciously.[break][break]

Instead, he whistled. "Dang, now that's what I call a throw. You weren't kidding," he said, taking the spot Eris had vacated. "And you're right. I learned a good lesson from it, too." He squatted down to Eris' height. He followed her motions to the letter. That lesson was exactly how to aim for those bottles![break][break]

With a strong armed throw, it was time to test just how honest of an operation this was. Isaac watched with bated breath as his ball sailed forward on a collision course.

[break][break]

[break]

[newclass=.skullhover]width:420px;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;-webkit-transition-delay:0.1s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullhover:hover]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);filter: grayscale(0%)-webkit-transition:all 1s ease;transition:all 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullimg]width:380px;height:200px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/HOVZp0J.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulltitle]font-family:verdana;font-weight:700;font-size:50px;position:relative;text-align:center;color:#D9B800;margin-top:-36px;margin-bottom:0px;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skulloverlap]letter-spacing:1px;font-family:oswald;font-weight:200;font-size:12px;position:relative;text-align:center;margin-top:-0;margin-bottom:-5px;color:#e8e8e8;text-shadow: -1px 0 black, 0 1px black, 1px 0 black, 0 -1px black;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullbody]div-align:center;text-align:justify;width:380px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;font-size:12px;font-family:roboto;color:#d6d6d6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullinfo]width:380px;font-family:oswald;font-size:12px;font-weight:200;color:#767676;text-align:right[/newclass]
[newclass=.skullcredits]width:380px;font-family:roboto;font-size:12px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,867 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 15:27:10 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The fact that he mimics her actions is half flattering and half cheating, but when you add on the fact that he felt the need to copy her height too? She nearly reaches over to give him a good old punch to the elbow.[break][break]

And yet, she finds herself far more concerned with the outcome of 's throw, watching as the ball strikes true in the center of the entire stack. But instead of being knocked from the core and dragging a few of the higher bottles down with it, it only budges by what seems like a fraction of an inch.[break][break]

"My good sir," Her hands slam dramatically against the counter, garnering the attention of a few passers-by as she cocks her head at the gamemaster. "I sense some witchcraft is afoot."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/zU3xbnI.png);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/zU3xbnI.png);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,361 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 16:56:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]"Heyyyyy," Isaac protested, snickering at the little punch. "I had to get the angle right." Otherwise, he probably would've just thrown the ball clear over those bottles.[break][break]

Before, the bottles wobbled. This time, they barely moved. Something was steeling itself against their attacks. How strange. Isaac prepared for one more test, but Eris had seen enough. She stormed up to the gamemaster, tiny hands making a big boom as she slammed his table. It was the universal declaration of shenanigans![break][break]

The gamemaster looked down at her, a cloying grin on his face. "Witchcraft? No, no, no, little girl. Just me and my humble little stand," he said. His drawl was less sweet like honey and more sweet like cough syrup. "Here! I'll show ya how its done. But just this once, alright?"[break][break]

He grabbed the ball. He measured its heft. He licked his thumb, stuck it out, and measured the wind. He primed himself for a throw, once, twice, three times. And then he lobbed it right at the bottles. Despite lacking Eris or Isaac's force, it was a direct hit that scattered bottles in every direction. "See? Easy as a Lavaridge pi-"[break][break]

The man stopped short, eyes going wide. Isaac had caught one of the bottles. "Hey, everyone!" he called, waving over the crowd that Eris had attracted. "Wanna see a magic trick?"[break][break]

Isaac set the bottle on the floor, hooked two fingers by the nozzle, and gave it a hell of a spin. Sweat gathered on the gamemaster's forehead. The crowd looked baffled. But Isaac simply looked on in anticipation, watching as the bottle started to faintly glow.[break][break]

With a crackle and a pop, the bottle split open like an egg about to hatch. Popping out from it was a very dazed looking Alcremie. Milcery rose from the other bottles, bubbling curiously as they surrounded their newly evolved friend. "Ta-da! I just made a Pokemon appear out of thin air." Isaac took a grand bow as the crowd showered him in applause.[break][break]

From the crook of his bow, he flashed the gamemaster a dangerous smile.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,867 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 10:32:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Just when she thinks she might just be a little hasty in jumping the gun, Reiner brushes up beside her, snorting as he nods towards 's antics. Whilst Eris might not see it, he can most certainly see the little creature within the bottle being shaken about.[break][break]

And oh, does he wince as the poor Alcremie flops out.[break][break]

Eris, however, seems fascinated by the difference between the two pokemon. Was spinning the secret to evolving Milceries? She'd never really known that, but Isaac had just given her a real-life example of how to do it! Oh, and helped her crack this case wide open.[break][break]

"Alrighty Milcery! Vacate your little hidey holes and let me have a fair shot at the game this time!" She barks, grabbing her last ball as she watches the little fairies tumble out of their bottles. Then just like before, she takes her aim, readjusting with Reiner's little cues and taking that shot with absolute confidence.[break][break]

Absolute confidence that only gets rewarded by the satisfying clatter of the bottles. Straightening up, Eris looks up to the flustered gamemaster and shows him her biggest smile.[break][break]

"I'd like that Mareep plushie you got there, Mister!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,361 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 14:16:57 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]For her sharp eye and stubborn determination, Eris was rewarded with a huge, fluffy Mareep plushie. For his now far more scrupulous business, the gamemaster was rewarded with a long line of people eager to take the rest of his collection away. For her role as unwitting accomplice, Alcremie got the shield from Isaac's chocolate Aegislash and a quick, apologetic smile.[break][break]

"Not bad for an old man, huh?" Isaac teased, not really bothering with a toss of his own. The last thing he needed was to botch a game that was running on easy mode.[break][break]

He could practically feel the nearby game vendors sweating. There was blood in the water, and he and Eris were a school of Sharpedo. "You know," Isaac said, whispering conspiratorially so he didn't attract another crowd. "I get the feeling the other games here are gonna treat us a bit more fairly now. Ain't that funny?"[break][break]

"How about we go on a circuit and see if we can win some other prizes, hmmm?"

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,867 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 23:25:25 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Strictly speaking, se has no real need for the prizes she gains from these games. Heaven knows how she'll explain to where she got them from other than 'teehee'.[break][break]

But a spark lies within every child's soul, a desire to seek out fun and occupy their mind with something other than empty space. As she hugs her new Mareep plushie closer to her chest, she looks to Reiner for a second opinion and receives it in the form of a paw lifted towards their next destination.[break][break]

"Fish scooping!" Her eyes light up, her steps peppered with little skips as she makes her way towards the stall. "Two scoops please, Miss!"[break][break]

The coins exchange hands, scar-nicked fingers reach for the offered scoops.[break][break]

"C'mon Isaac! Hurry up!"

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,361 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 0:26:02 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Oh dear Arceus. What monster had Isaac given rise to? With Reiner's tacit approval, Eris darted out like an adorable little homing missile and made a beeline towards the fish scooping stall. There was the hunger in her eyes of someone who had been deprived of prizes for far too long, and was now hellbent on making up for lost time.[break][break]

At the bottom of the Fish Scooping pool was a Clamperl, subtly kicking up the currents of a Whirlpool every time it opened its shell. So many of the miniature water types within the tank were zipped away at just the last second by its timely swirls, and the expedited current meant the little paper net tore more quickly than usual. It was a solid scheme, just subtle enough that you'd blame poor luck instead of the operator.[break][break]

A shame that scam was about to meet its match. As Eris zoomed up to the stall, he gave the glass tank a subtle tap with his knee. That was the Clamperl's cue to hush up and stop interfering. Without him to get in the way, it was just Isaac, Eris, and their scoops against the world.[break][break]

The water would still wreak havoc on the flimsy paper, but Eris' survival instincts had been honed to a sheen. Isaac had no doubts that she'd be able to snatch her catch. All the while, he watched the currents carefully, planning on getting in and out of the water as quickly as possible to reduce tearing.

"Bet you I'll make the bigger catch," he teased, scooping hand tensed as he prepared to make his dip.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,867 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 3:39:53 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Despite 's taunt, Eris is far too absorbed in her little world to grace him with some snarky response. Though her specialty lies in large explosions and trouble-making, people often forget that the creation of such explosions often begin with precision.[break][break]

Everything begins with observation, trying to pick out the fishes that seem the least likely to struggle. Then after picking out her target amongst the sea of white and gold, she makes her first move. Her net cuts through the water at specific angles, not quite enough for the full force of moving water to hit and tear the net open. And with a little jiggling, she manages to slide her net under the fish she's pinpointed and scoops it up quick.[break][break]

With Reiner there to keep an eye on her bucket of catches, she continues to fish with every bit of her attention poured in.[break][break]

Nothing speaks louder against Isaac's claims than the results she produces.

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,361 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 5:19:18 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Eris was a practiced survivalist. She knew when to locate weakness, how to isolate it from its kind, and what angle from which she could best capitalize on its weakness. She knew what her weaknesses were, how to compensate for them best, and how to leverage the unique strengths that they offered. In some regards, it was terrifying. In other regards, it was impressive.[break][break]

Isaac was a shameless opportunist. The second Eris' strike sent the nearby fish scattering, Isaac dipped his net down and let it swim right into a capture.[break][break]

Nevertheless, when the two nets came out, Eris was the winner. Her miniature Goldeen was big enough to damn near fill the net, while Isaac's Luvdisc still left a little bit of room on the sides.[break][break]

Isaac let out a short, impressed whistle as he saw the fruits of Eris' labor. "Jeez. If I can get that good at using my one eye, I'm gonna be thrilled."[break][break]

"Still, you won fair and square, and a bet's a bet. So what's your prize gonna be?" Aha! Now she'd have no choice but to let Isaac buy her something! The gift-of-war raged on with a classic Catch 22 maneuver!

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,867 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 6:36:59 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]When their nets finally break from how fragile they've gotten, Eris looks up to Reiner before peeking in her little bucket. The miniature Goldeen swims freely within the container, breaking through the surface every so often to hop into the air and splashing back down. And as marvels at her ability despite her eye, she can't help but break a heavy smile.[break][break]

"Well, I've had about... a year of practice?" She breathes in, carefully combing her fringe out of her face. Then, she reaches up to sling an arm around Reiner's shoulder. "And he's always there to help me to cover my blind spots. So I wouldn't call it entirely fair."[break][break]

But who is she to deny a win if he's admitting it? She thinks for a moment, resting her chin on her thumb as her fingers curl on her lips. What should her prize be? Even though she'd been confident that she would win the game, she really hadn't thought this far ahead. And she doesn't have to be a genius to know that Isaac is probably trying to trick her into letting him buy her something...[break][break]

Her fingers snap as an idea pops into her head, her eyes turned towards the night sky as faint glowing lights begin to float up into the sea of stars.[break][break]

"I wanna light lanterns."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,361 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 14:16:52 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]A part of Isaac was stunned that it had only been a year. With Kanto being years in the rear view mirror, he'd figured any of Eris' injuries would be old, lingering wounds. Clearly, she hadn't been sitting idle since those darkest days, a fact made obvious by literally everything else about her.[break][break]

No wonder poor was so tired.[break][break]

Still, if Eris was this good by a year there was hope for him after all. "And here I thought I'd be fumbling around for another three," Isaac said, his voice heavy with a quiet relief. would be thrilled to know that he finally had an end goal. A smile spread across his face, and his good eye seemed to shine with delight. "I didn't realize how badly I needed to hear that. Thanks, Eris."[break][break]

The sky, starting to darken at long last, was now heavy with lanterns swarming the air. The spectacle was nothing short of incredible, even from the distance Isaac and Eris were viewing it at. "Sounds like a plan," he said, grinning as he lead the way. And this time, he wasn't about to let himself get outran![break][break]

Maybe when he sent his hopes skyward, Kiryu would be there to receive them.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
awards
4,867 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 15:11:46 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]Sometimes, in the midst of trying to bury your own pain and rebuilding your own broken pieces, you forget about how others might feel about the same situation. And as Eris listens to the relief that radiates from 's voice, she reaches and takes his hand.[break][break]

"Well, I learnt from watching some of the people who've had this for way longer... and I can teach you, if you really wanted!" She smiles, "I'll be your eye for today! And maybe tomorrow... or whenever you need me to help!"[break][break]

Because in the end, helping and being there for others are the only real answers she knows how to give.[break][break]

As he leads the way, as Isaac moves with his bigger steps and ends up tugging her hand, she can't help the strange, unexplainable feelings that wash over her. They feel so similar... he takes the lead fearlessly, he watches out for her just like how her brother had done all those years ago. Just like those lanterns in the sky, he glows ever so gentle with his kind foolishness.[break][break]

"Have you ever done this before?" Her question comes quiet in the night, her eyes tracing the bamboo sticks that hold the lantern's structure. As she lets go of Isaac's hand to pick one up, she can't help but search for an empty space.[break][break]

Ink and calligraphy brushes sit upon the counter, the bristles dotted with black from the past few uses.[break][break]

"I did this a long time ago with momma and pa. I... never really liked going to the actual festivals 'cos I didn't wanna see any of my schoolmates' stinky faces. So one day, they brought some materials home and we sat there in the backyard making lanterns..."[break][break]

Her grip on the brush is sloppy, but firm enough for her to start writing down a few things on the surface of her lantern.[break][break]

"I remember setting my first lantern on fire by accident. The candle was tilted when it got placed in, so the whole thing went FWOOM!"[break][break]

She can't quite throw her hands up to show just how it had felt, but the spark in her eyes burns just as bright as that fire had.[break][break]

"Nearly burnt my hands. But pa immediately grabbed the lantern and threw it on the ground. Then he started stepping on it to put the fire out and comforted me. But I wasn't really scared at any point when it happened... In that moment, all I could see was how brave pa was."

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
I've got a, I've got a
Pocket fulla sunshine
Short King height
Short King height
awards
4,361 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
dreamcatcher || c
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2023 15:52:39 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","skullbody"]Before Isaac could just run off, Eris had caught his hand in hers. From one long suffering rebel to another, she offered to help find the vision he had long lost. A tear of happiness gathered in the corner of hus good eye, and try as he might he just couldn't stop smiling.[break][break]

"I'd really like that," Isaac said, his own hand securely taking Eris'. "And I'll do the same for you, okay? That way, we've each got two."[break][break]

They were really two of a kind, weren't they? Strange castaways, ripped from a life of their own through no fault of their own. They finally found lives they were happy with, only to be torn between their love of Rocket's people and their fear of what it represented. They'd suffered greatly, even their injuries mirrored, yet remained so stubborn and defiant at every turn.[break][break]

Eris wasn't the broken burnout he'd visited in Ever Grande. In the light of the lanterns, she was radiant, becoming more sure of herself with every step she took. Despite the world conspiring to destroy her, she still had so much hope, so much promise. Hoenn could try its damndest to chip away at that. He knew she'd never give up, and even if she faltered he would never let her fall.[break][break]

He'd already failed . Never again.[break][break]

"Nope," Isaac admitted. Truth be told, he had once before, back when the man he refused to call father hadn't gotten the memo. After things changed, he didn't see the point in keeping his hopes anywhere but clutched tight to his chest. "But, hey. First time for everything, right?"[break][break]

He listened to Eris' story, a quiet, lonely kid's first lantern project going a little bit crazy. She seemed almost amused as she described her lantern going up in flames, before her tone took a reverent awe in the face of her father's bravery. "Nothing makes you braver than being there for someone you love," he said. He wished he had someone like that in his life. Maybe that was why he was so hellbent on filling that lack for others.[break][break]

"And, hey. If you ask me, I think he taught you well." Even under childish recklessness and the scars of trauma, genuine bravery beat inside Eris' heart.

[break][break]

[break]

[googlefont=Oswald]
[googlefont=Roboto]