ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 2:06:43 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he rolls his eyes.

[break][break] "that's not fair! you can't answer a question with another question."

[break][break] ollie leans back, pouting a bit, as he crosses his arms.

[break][break] then he grins.

[break][break] "well, of course. you're still a person. but you're head scientist, which means - by definition - you can't be a follower."

[break][break] he arches a brow.

[break][break] "unless you think was wrong?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
ROCKY STEPS

[attr="class","milkcredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 15px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,168 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 2:10:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"technically, i was demoted."

it stings less now that she thinks about it but her smile falters a little regardless.

she holds it in place a little firmer, fingers forcing the expression to stay strong.

"i take orders from , the council, and . that's still being a follower, isn't it?"

or is she simply a means to an end? it doesn't matter but she wonders all the same.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 2:31:38 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeah, but you're still head scientist, aren't cha?"

[break][break] if memory served correctly. then again, ollie wasn't the smartest and he was sure that would have more insight about these types of things.

[break][break] "yeah, sure, sis over you but you know. my sister's real smart. but don't tell her i said that - she'll hold it over my head forever."

[break][break] he laughs.

[break][break] "you can still be a leader even when you take orders. sure, being in charge is important, but it's also something more than that. it's something - in your heart." he points to his chest. "and your perspective!"

[break][break] "leaders are people others look up to."

[break][break] "and you're head scientist. so people hafta look up to you!"

[break]

ROCKY STEPS

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 15px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,168 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 2:46:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he's right: is the smartest person she knows.

it is, and always will be, an honor to work beside her. sometimes, she just wished she expressed it enough.

and she's torn between a smile and a frown, the end result being an awkward sort of expression.

"i don't really think i'm anyone to look up to."

not after what she's done. what she will still do.

she waves the concept out of the air with her hand before shifting to rise to her feet.

"you're right, though, it is a matter of perspective. i think mine needs adjusting before i can consider myself a leader."

finally, a small smile rises.

"but... thank you, ollie, i needed to hear that."

and she means it.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 3:00:07 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"sure!"

[break][break] ollie is as chipper as ever. an endless bound of enthusiasm no matter what happened. it almost made one wonder — what would happen if all that light was one day snuffed out?

[break][break] "i'll give you one tip, though, from one leader to another." he winks.

[break][break] this time, his face grows serious.

[break][break] he frowns.

[break][break] "if you don't have faith in yourself, there's no point. it's almost like an insult to everyone who's helped you climb up to this point. and an insult to yourself too."

[break][break]

ROCKY STEPS

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,168 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 3:32:24 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his expression shifts into a more serious tone and she stares, eyes locked onto his.

and it's not something she hasn't heard before... the face is wrong, less stern and judgmental, but the sentiment is still the same.

"i'm struggling with faith in myself, truthfully."

she heaves out a little sigh.

"you're not the first one to tell me that, unfortunately, but it's a work in progress."

never-ending, it would seem.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 3:44:08 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"yeaaaah."

[break][break] ollie leans back, folding his hands over his head and leaning back onto them.

[break][break] "that kinda stuff is difficult for me too. we all have our moments."

[break][break] he grins.

[break][break] "but that's why you got me! and eva! and your friends. that's what friends are for."

ROCKY STEPS

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,168 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 4:08:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"it is? it doesn't seem like you'd struggle with that."

in her eyes, he's walking sunshine. bright, bubbly, warm. even being near him makes you want to stay a while and simply bask in the glow.

she flashes a smile.

"true, very true!"

he's full of good points today, isn't he?

"it's hard to feel shitty with you and eva around."

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 4:30:25 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

laughter echoes in the space between them, hearty and true.

[break][break] "try growing up with older brothers and a little sister as brilliant as , and you'll see differently."

[break][break] a pause, before he adds.

[break][break] "plus, did you know the councilwoman is my ex-girlfriend?"

[break][break]

ROCKY STEPS

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,168 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 4:36:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she lets out a tinkering sort of laugh.

"i dunno... that sounds kind of fun."

warm, comforting, welcoming.

she's jealous, in a way. being an only child had been hard growing up. it's even harder now, she realizes. there's a loneliness that never leaves her bones.

"oh, really?"

she blinks surprise out of her eyes like one does sleep.

"which one?"

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 4:44:03 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"fun?"

[break][break] he asks, looking sideways as a trail of pidgeotto and pidgey fly overhead. they are caught in a psychic rift, disappearing into it's interior.

[break][break] "more like chaotic."

[break][break] ollie laughs.

[break][break] "mm," he hums. "guess!"

[break][break] his head tilts.

[break][break] "i guess you can ask a question if you want a hint."

[break]

ROCKY STEPS

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,168 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 0:19:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"sometimes chaos can be nice."

it's better than being alone, she reasons, left to fill the hole in your chest cavity on your own.

and she pouts for a moment, as if the thought of this becoming a guessing game annoys her.

the expression quickly dissipates as a question forms.

"okay... um, what does this councilwoman oversee?"

there's only two options. it should be easy, perhaps.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 7:34:42 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he sputters a laugh.

[break][break] "you can't be serious, illie! you can't expect me to answer that. that's like, giving the whole answer away!"

[break][break] his sneakers kick against the ground.

[break][break] "nah, you gotta ask me something fun. liiike - " he puts a hand on his chin. "what kind of food does she like? or her favorite pokemon, or like, a funny fact!"

[break][break]

ROCKY STEPS

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,168 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 7:38:15 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she pouts.

"but..."

she doesn't know many facts about either councilwoman.

"fine, what's her favorite pokemon?"

maybe she's experienced their favorite before in passing or something... anything to help her put two and two together.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2023 8:06:37 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

she pouts and it's cute.

[break][break] "good question," he praises, and jumps to his feet, swinging both arms out.

[break][break] "she'd say her favorite is blaziken or ampharos but personally, i think she's got a soft spot for mareep or even togepi."

[break][break] was rarely honest, he thought, even with herself.

ROCKY STEPS