ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 4:34:23 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"you ready? you ready?"

[break][break] if it wasn't already painfully obvious, ollie was a morning person. the ranger captain grins broad as he waits for to finish tying her shoes and getting ready, already starting to jog in place.

[break][break] he had always been a bit of an active person but ever since the events of meteno and being forced into bedrest (thanks ), he'd felt even more keen on getting back to his feet than before. when he'd heard that wanted to start working out (or at least that's what he had heard, even if she hadn't been the one to actually say it), he'd all but bullied her into accompanying him.

[break][break] plus, she was like - supposed to be in charge of the league's lore, right? what if they saw moltres up on the mountain?!

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
ROCKY STEPS

[attr="class","milkcredits"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 5:40:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she hates this.

it's not bad enough that she stupidly thought working out would make her feel less shit but is absolutely, without a doubt, too chipper in the morning.

and she looks like she has barely slept, circles beneath red eyes more hollow than usual. there's a dullness to her expressions, movements, appearance.

"ready."

even if she wasn't, he would drag her along until she was ready. her shoe laces settle against the tops of her sneakers, having been tied and retied to waste time. she knows, in some regard, she had only been delaying the inevitable...

this is supposed to be a distraction, though, and she'll try anything at this point to silence the thoughts, the anxiety, in her mind.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 18:09:52 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

she's definitely a lot less energetic than he is, but then again most people are, so it doesn't even phase him.

[break][break] "okay! let's go!"

[break][break] ollie starts the ascent up the mountain, being mindful of their precious head scientist to make sure she doesn't fall too far behind.

[break][break] "do you ever go jogging up here?"

[break][break]
ROCKY STEPS

[newclass=".ollie3"]--accent:#FFB546; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote b, .ollie3 blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .ollie3 blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .ollie3 blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".ollie3 .milkcredits"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .ollie3 .milkcredits a { transition:0.5s all } .ollie3 .milkcredits a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 18:18:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he sets the pace quickly and for a few moments, she struggles to catch up.

her lungs already call for her head over this, barely able to keep enough air in them to fuel life. her chest heaves. fuck being so out of shape.

he's mindful, at least, to keep her close. what would people say if ever grande's captain had lost a head scientist someone on mt chimney? nothing good, she assumes.

"no, i'm not a big jogger usually."

besides, she doesn't believe she ever has enough time.

"do you?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 18:23:33 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

these days, he mostly exercises himself.

[break][break] though that's mostly because he doesn't exactly have a gym buddy. is too far, is too busy, and the people closest in proximity to him are and , but both are out of the question.

[break][break] "yeah! all the time. but i prefer rock-climbing or hiking, i think."

[break][break] he flashes a grin.

[break][break] "what's your preferred exercise then?"

[break]

ROCKY STEPS

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 15px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 18:28:29 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she can't help the little laugh that escapes.

it's becoming more and more apparent that he's just like . it's cute, she muses faintly.

"hiking isn't bad."

although, she's not big on the whole exercise thing.

"i don't think i have a favorite, not enough time to explore any options."

the universe keeps the league busy and in turn, the league keeps her booked.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 18:32:44 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"oh yeah."

[break][break] he blusters out a laugh, breathless, as he hops over a rock cropping.

[break][break] "you like to box with palkia these days, don't you?"

[break][break] he chuckles.

[break][break] "maaan, i can't believe we saw it. and that i got attacked by it."

[break][break]

ROCKY STEPS

[newclass=".ollie3 blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 15px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 19:09:27 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her face begins to flush a slight pink. she'd prefer to blame it on exercise induced heat instead of embarrassment.

"it was not boxing and it wasn't with palkia... just the primal points."

perhaps she'd feel better about the whole thing if she could, in fact, prove her worth to the deity and her colleagues by simply boxing with it.

"it wouldn't have attacked us if not for that prick winter."

people wouldn't have died, come back to life, suffered...

if she had managed to find it before they did, would the ending have changed? would people have been spared? would sea hoenn not be a threat now?

the freight train of thinking causes her to pick up a little speed, maneuvering around some rocks.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 20:44:10 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

he chuckles. "yeah, yeah."

[break][break] in all honesty, ollie knew very little about it. it was just fun poking illie's buttons. she made it so easy.

[break][break] plus, she was cute when she blushed.

[break][break] "woah!" he crows. "look at you go!"

[break][break] "make way! head scientist coming through!"

[break][break] some of the other people on the path look startled, stopping in their footsteps as the pair make their hike up the mountainside. something that would have been embarrassing for anyone else, but ollie relishes in it.

ROCKY STEPS

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 21:41:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]okay, did he have to do that?

her feet stumble over themselves as all eyes on this current path turn to gawk.

and she really wants to crawl into a hole...

her cheeks brighten into a livelier shade of pink and she tries to focus on not falling, not on how many eyes are currently on them.

only when they're past the people does she throw a sharp glare in his direction.

"what was that?"

a beat passes and her chest heaves from exhaustion already.

"are you trying to mortify me?"

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 22:04:34 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

"no."

[break][break] okay. maybe a little.

[break][break] "i was just proud of you! and everyone should know."

[break][break] he laughs once more, patting her slightly on the back as he steps closer to her.

[break][break] "plus, it made you run really fast. your heartbeat's racing now, isn't it?"

[break][break] he smiles blithely, not at all phased by her withering glare.

[break][break] he'd been on the receiving end of that plenty, thank you and .

[break][break]

ROCKY STEPS

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 23:34:30 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"right, proud."

she doesn't quite get why he'd be proud of her. they don't know each other, not really. is he proud of strangers?

and as he pats her back, stepping closer, she has to stop and catch her breath.

a look of displeasure rises, the kind you do when you're tired and out of breath and ready to throw in the towel.

"yeah, a little too much."

stupid running.

she places her hands on her hips as if that'll help her body calm down and gather more air into the lungs. it doesn't do much.

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 14:27:16 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

she looks a little green now. oops. had he gone too hard?

[break][break] "here," he says, cracking open his canteen and offering it to her. "drink some water. it'll make you feel better."

[break][break] as he does so, ollie puts his hands on his hips and cranes his head backwards to look at the dawn sky. it's a beautiful sight, really.

[break][break] the ranger captain looks back at her, grinning.

[break][break] "better?"

ROCKY STEPS

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,125 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 16:29:39 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a look of pure gratitude rises quickly as his canteen is extended to her. she takes it quickly, already moving to gulp down excess amounts of water.

and only after a few moments does she return it to him.

”so much better.”

until she begins running again…

then she might puke all of that water up.

that is a problem for later, though.

”thank you.”

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
running buddies [m]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 16:39:43 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ollie3"]
[attr="class","top"]

securing the bottle from her, he throws his head back as he takes a swig of the water. if he was the kind of person who cared about that kind of thing, he might've registered it as an indirect kiss.

[break][break] which, you know, of course he didn't.

[break][break] "we can take a break, if you want."

[break][break] he twists the cap back on, clipping it to his belt.

[break][break] "why'd you want to start working out, anyway?"

ROCKY STEPS