awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
When You Wish Upon a Star [M]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 16:15:34 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Word was out that a certain wish-granting Pokémon under the League's custody had recently woken up. It was time for Andrea to put her AQUA ties to good use once again. However, unlike other legendaries that she'd requested a battle with, she didn't want to beat up Jirachi, but rather to assist with training the almighty critter. If the staggering power of science couldn't bring her lifelong dream to fruition, perhaps a nigh-omnipotent wish granter could.

After much begging and swearing that she was sane, she'd finally convinced councilwoman to bring the little starchild out of its well guarded containment for a little walk. The young PokéManiac waited at the sprawling rooftop of the Mossdeep Space Center, a starlit night sky hanging above their heads. Upon noticing the pink-ette's arrival, the dragon-costumed woman jovially waved. "Good evening, Elinor! Glad you could make it! Did you bring Jirachi with you?" She asked.
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 16:27:35 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Elinor had never thought Andrea would come to her for a request like this. Though she had figured there was no bad blood between them after their little onsen run-in, she had still figured the young woman would want to take some distance from her as a Council-member.

So when Andrea asked for the presence of Jirachi, she was certainly skeptical. But at last Andrea convinced her.

And so, she stepped forth upon the roof of the Mossdeep Space Center. The starlit sky immediately caught the Jirachi’s attention.

“I did.” Elinor nodded.

The Jirachi’s attention turned to Andrea floating just in front of Elinor as it greeted the PokéManiac with a kind and warm smile.

MISSION: VS JIRACHI

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 16:51:46 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Jirachi's size came as a surprise to the dragon enthusiast. It was even smaller than Tapu Koko. "Oh my gosh! They're so... CUTE!" The girl squeed, crouching down to the diminutive legendary's eye level. Barely resisting the urge to pinch those adorable white cheeks, she settled for patting the top of its star-shaped head. "Nice to meet you, Jirachi. I'm Andrea."

After introductions were done, the onesie-clad woman took a step back, pumping her fists in excitement. "Alright, time to see if you're as powerful as the myths say! O great Jirachi, I beseech you to grant my wish... I wanna turn into a Pokémon!" She declared loud and clear, yet despite her bravado nothing happened.

After several seconds of awkward silence, Andrea sighed. "I guess you can't grant big wishes yet... Don't worry, that's where I come in! I'm gonna help you train! Elinor is a really good trainer too! With our help, you'll be granting people's wishes in no time!" The eccentric cosplayer confidently proclaimed.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 17:29:13 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Jirachi murmured some words in its star language, as the smile grew even wider it clearly enjoyed the head pats.

And then the purpose of this little excursion was revealed to the wish-granting Pokémon. It looked confused for a moment. What did Andrea mean to ‘turn into a Pokémon?’ Humans were Pokémon too!

But Jirachi wasn’t about to not try! And so it floated into the air, its body began to shine as it focused its mystical energies. But as the wish came closer and closer to form in its mindscape, the light began to flicker, the power began to fade.

It could not fulfill the wish. Jirachi looked perplexed, as it lowered itself again. Though its eyes began to sparkle as Andrea made promises of help.

“Sure?” Elinor spoke. Not really sure if Andrea knew what she was promising.

“But Andrea, wasn’t that wish a bit arbitrary?” Elinor asked. “For starters, which Pokémon did you want to become?”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 9:50:12 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
The young PokéManiac blinked. "What do you mean arbitrary? I've wanted to become a Pokémon my whole life!" She retorted. However, Elinor's followup question got her to think deeply... What Pokémon would she turn into, if she had the freedom of choice? "Hmmm, I wanna become a Hydreigon... or a Salamence! No, a Dragonite! Wait, no, I wanna be a Nidoking... I mean Nidoqueen! Argh, there's so many cool Pokémon! What should I choose?!" The girl groaned in desperation.

Well, she would cross that bridge when and if she ever got there. For the time being, she focused on the task of training Jirachi, a prospect the little legendary was quite enthusiastic about. "OK. Training first, choice paralysis later." Andrea said, sending out her Togepi, Eggnog. "Let's teach you how to use the move Wish. Just look at Eggnog and try to copy him."

The baby Pokémon put its stubby hands together in prayer. A shooting star appeared in the night sky directly above them, its cosmic energy bathing the Togepi in an otherworldly, revitalizing aura. Wish was primarily used as a healing move, but in essence, it was the power to manifest miracles. A power that lied dormant within Jirachi in its prematurely awoken state.
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 10:13:10 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
A small sigh escaped Elinor as Andrea didn’t quite realize what Elinor meant with her comment, or perhaps she willingly stayed ignorant of it. It didn’t matter in the end. They were here to teach the Legendary Pokémon a move or, perhaps rediscover the move.

Meanwhile Jirachi just snickered as Andrea’s bout of decision paralysis was overcome with her wish to teach.

Jirachi was all ears, listening as the young PokéManiac spoke and even summoned a companion to show how the move was performed.

Jirachi tried to mimic the Togepi, stubby hands together it gathered what power it could and well. Sure a shooting star swooshed by in the sky, but that was about it. No revitalizing aura, no manifestation of one's desire.

Jirachi looked confused…

And so did Elinor. Something caused the move to halt halfway through? But she couldn’t figure out what from just that one look.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 11:58:43 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
When another shooting star appeared in the sky, Andrea's amethyst eyes widened. "Yes, that's it! Do your best, Jirachi!" She cheered the little legendary on. Sadly, it wasn't enough. Jirachi was unable to use its own signature move, much to its confusion and that of Elinor.

The dragon-costumed girl hummed in deep thought. "Hmmm, maybe they need to see the move one more time..." She switched her Togepi out in favor of a much more imposing creature: A Salamence that boasted an Intimidating presence. "No need to be scared. Sora is very gentle and kind." Andrea reassured Jirachi, the azure dragon leaning down and smiling warmly at the starchild.

"Since birth, Bagon long to sprout wings and soar in the sky. It's a Wish that's hard-coded into their species' DNA." The dragon fanatic explained in a scholarly manner. Her Salamence roared at the heavens, causing yet another shooting star to appear that shone with a much more vivid light than the one Togepi had summoned.

Wishing for power, to transcend one's limitations, and make the impossible possible. Perhaps that was the lesson Jirachi needed to learn. The Bagon line truly were an anomaly in the world of Pokémon.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 7:58:05 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Elinor’s eyes lit up at the sight of the imposing Salamence. It looked to be a well taken care of specimen. But before her enthusiasm on the species could take too much hold, she reigned herself in and built up the professional facade that she so often wore.

Jirachi was a bit intimidated. It floated behind Elinor to find cover, peering at Andrea and the humongous dragon from behind Elinor’s shoulder.

But at Andrea’s reassurances the starchild floated back to its prior position.

Andrea had made a promise now, surely she wasn’t about to break it.

Anyhow, Andrea began to regale the starchild with the tale of Bagon’s wish.

Jirachi listened in awe. It knew about wishes, it could fulfill those or rather, it used to be able to. But that was why they were here. Salamence used the move WISH. Jirachi watched, then pondered.

Perhaps it was a matter of just wanting it enough? Jirachi wasn’t certain but it tried again nonetheless. This time it would want it HARDER!

With tiny arms raised high, the starchild called out to the universe for a WISH. And the universe responded in kind. A Shooting star flew over the skies once more. And Salamence was covered in a greenish hue of healing energy.

Any ailments it might have, be it a sore throat, a weak knee or wing fatigue would disappear.

Jirachi had succeeded in using WISH.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 15:22:04 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Sora was startled to see the greenish aura, until she realized it was just the result of Jirachi successfully using the move Wish. Now that you mention it, her wings did feel a bit fatigued, so that small amount of healing was much appreciated. The cerulean dragoness bowed her head to show her gratitude.

"You did it! You did it!" An elated Andrea cried out in a celebratory manner. Once again, she was overcome by a desire to smother the cute legendary with affection, but she respected their boundaries. "See, I told you I'd help you relearn how to grant wishes!"

Of course, Jirachi's powers had yet to fully awaken. The young PokéManiac briefly contemplated how best to continue their training. "Hmmm, I guess transformations are still a bit too advanced. Let's try a simpler wish, shall we? Then we can move on to the more complex stuff. I wish... for a meatball sandwich!" The eccentric girl requested.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 26, 2023 16:24:59 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
Jirachi was overjoyed with this development. It could cast WISH now! It quickly hugged both Andrea, The Salamence and of course Elinor who seemed to be there for emotional support.

As the celebration came to an end Jirachi was not blind to what would be coming.

Andrea would make her request once again. And it was proved right, though it was not the same request as before.

This seemed a simpler task. And so Jirachi nodded eagerly in agreement. It raised its arms to the heavens and began to summon all the power it could muster before sending the WISH into the universe.

A shooting star flew by once again. But other than that nothing happened.

Jirachi looked confused.

Elinor looked confused once again?

“Perhaps its wish granting power can only affect Pokémon?” Elinor questioned.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 8:40:23 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Despite all the progress they had made, Jirachi was still incapable of even producing a mere meatball sub. Andrea pouted, her brimming optimism challenged by this new shortcoming. "What's wrong? Do you need more practice?"

Elinor theorized that it might only have been able to grant the wishes of Pokémon. Naturally, the dragon fanatic wasn't pleased by this catch 22. "Aww, does that mean they can't grant my wish of becoming a Pokémon?" The girl whined. She then stroked her chin, quickly getting another idea. "Why don't you try making a wish, Elinor? Maybe if you do it, it'll work." She suggested.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 21:09:24 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Jirachi was saddened. It had really tried its best, and thought it had worked.

“I could. But if it didn’t work with your wish, I doubt it would work with mine.” Elinor stated.

Jirachi looked even sadder.

“Oh, I didn’t mean it like that, Jirachi.” She tried to apologize, realizing how it might’ve sounded to the wishmaker.

Little did the two women know or perhaps notice that a car pulled up to the Mossdeep Space Center. The person inside quickly got out as if compelled by some mystical force and almost ran through the building before bursting out onto the roof area.

Elinor’s attention shot toward the sudden sound alongside Jirachi.

The man looked mildly bewildered as he looked around, holding a small plastic bag in his hand as he calmly stated. “Uhm… One Meatball Sandwich for an Andrea.” He looked toward the group almost pleadingly. “Please tell me one of you is Andrea.”

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 10:47:01 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Andrea tilted her head quizzically at Elinor's words. "Why would it not work?" OK, now she was genuinely curious. "What would you wish for?" She inquired.

As the two women essentially found themselves at a dead end, salvation appeared in the form of an exhausted delivery man arriving with one order of meatball sub. Once again, a quizzical look was plastered on Andrea's face. "We didn't order anything..." She muttered in mild confusion.

Her ruby eyes widened as the realization hit her. "It was Jirachi! I'll have this, thank you! Thank you so much!" The dragon-hooded girl rejoiced, grabbing the sandwich, and giving the delivery man a big, celebratory hug. Taking a big bite out of her sandwich afterwards, she moaned in satisfaction. "Mmmm... I'll give this a perfect rating of 100!" She declared with her mouth full.

"Alright, let's do some more training!" Andrea said after swallowing her bite, releasing a towering Alolan Exeggutor whose incredibly tall trunk seemingly reached the stars. "We've gotta teach Jirachi about all the different kinds of wishes. For example, when Lola here makes a Wish, she wishes for bountiful harvests." The eccentric trainer explained, while her Exeggutor summoned another shooting star in the sky, using the move Wish like its predecessors.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,600 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2023 20:51:43 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

“Oh I would wish for peace in Hoenn.” Elinor replied.

But not long after the sandwich-man appeared. After a moment of quizzically looking at him, it dawned upon Andrea that he was here at the behest of Jirachia.

Once Andrea freed him from Jirachi’s spell by accepting the sandwich, and giving him a hug. He would be off. Taking the poor substitute for a tip, before the wishmaker could steal his freedom once more.

Elinor watched with bated breath as Andrea would taste the sandwich, giving it a perfect rating.

At this Jirachi smiled and cheerfully let its voice ring out into the heavens. It had succeeded at making a singular wish. But its celebration did not last long as the training montage would continue.

This time Andrea seemed intent on teaching it about different kinds of wishes. It looked surprised as the huge tree that suddenly stood before it. However, it made sure to take notes as Andrea explained the Alolan Exeggutor wish.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
awards
1,680 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 15:45:32 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
"Peace in Hoenn... I wonder how that wish would work." Andrea pondered aloud, while finishing what was left of her sandwich. Could Jirachi make the DRK Triad and Kyurem simply disappear? And if it had that sort of power, what was stopping the League from using it to eradicate Team Rocket and the rest of their opposition?

"Well, I have nothing left to teach you." The dragon fanatic said after a while. She didn't possess any other Pokémon that knew Wish. It was a very niche move to begin with. "Maybe Jirachi just needs some time to rest up and process all of these lessons." She suggested. Information overload could affect even legendaries, after all.