part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2023 18:53:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
This was still... weird.

It had taken a while for Angelo to get used to Latias not spending as much time around him.

Since last summer she'd come and gone between himself and their friend, (although she'd honestly been more attached to the Delibird Delivery owner's hip).

So it had been a surprise when the younger Eon duo had begun to visit him a little more frequently again. Her increasing presence wasn't the 'weird' thing, however.

It was that she'd taken a new human illusion to better blend in by his side, as she did Locke. Only her inspiration came from a family photograph of his. 

It would take some time for Angelo to get used to seeing Amara Vestri's face running around Hoenn. 

Okay kiddo, this shouldn't take too long.” Walking with Latias through the Lilycove harbour market in the early hours, Angelo briefly looks up from his list to his sister's spitting image. “Keep an eye out for eggs for me?

Latias smiles, nods, then promptly walks in the opposite direction to pet a stranger's pokémon.

@open | MISSION
[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
299 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vanillakingsley
Vanilla Kingsley
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2023 9:05:49 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla had been busy at the market with her Rotom phone to be searching for ingredients for the next big bake sale that she had been practicing for in between bouts of training for the next gym challenge. The aspiring trainer stood in the Lilycove Harbor Market, the gentle Seabreeze going through her hair while her trusted companion would hover a safe distance behind her. The phone was surrounded in a green case with a Rotom's trademark eyes on top, fluttering around as Vanilla was checking the lost she made.

"Bleh, it smells like a bunch of fish here. Why would we want to be buying stuff that's supposed to be sweet from a place that's fishy?"

A soft smile came from the girl, raising a hand to gently pat her Rotom's head. He frowned as she stuck her notepad and pen under her arms and began to quickly make a message in sign language to him. The Rotom watched and understood her words before grumbling. "I still don't want any fishy pies." His little rebuttal was rewarded with a silent pout from the teen, crossing her arms as she'd tap a pen at the top of the list. The Rotom was horrified at the look she was giving him! The look of a baker that had been ready to give up on the best pie he had ever tasted!

"Waaaaugh! I'm sorry! Don't take away the pie, please! You know its my-"

He stopped, feeling a hand on top of his phone that certainly wasn't Vanilla. He leaned upwards and reversed himself to catch a glimpse of another person gently patting his case. Vanilla herself appeared confused while Rotom enjoyed the affection given. "Hello!~ Did you need help or something? Can you continue petting me? It's a lot better when you have a physical body."

The quiet Vanilla laughed to herself and approached the woman with a basket full of baking supplies, watching her Pokémon enjoying itself as she offered the other woman a silent wave.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 19:26:08 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
There was never such a thing as a 'quick drop to the market' anymore, not since Angelo had settled in Lilycove.

There was always a local eager to chat or a member of his company side-tracking him, turning the whole thing into an extended visit. Not like the Nautica owner minded being wrapped up in the dockside community. Not at all. 

Today was just another one of those days. 

List of ingredients tucked back into his pocket, Angelo taps a finger against Latias's shoulder just as she begins to poke the Rotom phone screen... face? 

Hands where I can see 'em.

Like she'd been caught in the cookie jar, Latias's arms lift in surrender and an unapologetic smile blooms.

Silently, she waves at in return and steps back to Angelo's side.

Don't mind her, I swear she's wild sometimes.” The irony is not lost on Angelo, kept to himself and the eon pokemon like an amusing private joke. “Your phone's still in one piece, right?” 

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 2:55:41 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
SPECTRA wriggled around as the quiet woman rose a finger to gently prod the Rotom Phone in its face screen. It was allowed, although he did have to ponder if this woman had her own speech and behavior issues alongside Vanilla. Speaking of which, the smaller girl quietly snickered to herself just as a man would come from behind her and poke at her shoulder with a direct order. Vanilla raised her hands into the air alongside the girl, surprised at the firmness of the man behind the strange girl that had been messing with her Rotom. SPECTRA gave her an inquisitive glance before turning back to the duo before them. The girl waved and smiled before recalling away to the man's side.

Vanilla breathed a sigh of relief and offered another wave at the woman before moving her attention to the man vouching for her. She'd hang her bag of baking supplies across her shoulder before turning to face the man. A free hand pushed her large spectacles up the bridge of her nose that had been sliding off from the previous time she had done so. SPECTRA spoke up, hovering back beside Vanilla. "Nah, I'm fine! She wasn't hurting anybody. Not many people like us Rotom alot, so any kind of attention outside of screaming is good by us!" The Rotom chirped, displaying " : ) " on its screen while continuing, "We were just wondering if she was with anybody." Vanilla's hands moved along in a string of shapes and symbols, showing them mainly to her Pokemon but if was proficient enough to catch onto what she was doing, he might recognize it as sign language. Regardless, SPECTRA would speak up again.

"Vanilla says that she's happy that somebody's looking after her. It's a pleasure to meet you two!" The phone let out happy chirps while it hovered by his trainer's pink head. "I'm SPECTRA and this is Vanilla. She's a trainer from Galar that's been exploring around Hoenn. It's nice to meet you two."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2023 18:14:53 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
He hadn’t expected the phone to answer.

Turning towards it, the screen flashes with a familiar smile. While he may not be the most tech savvy person, Angelo had a Rotom of his own helping him back at the hangar - stowed away in the computer systems of his plane. 

Then you've been hanging around in all the wrong places, buddy. Don't know what I'd do without my own Rotom.” Angelo grins. “Their loss.” 

Thankfully Latias hadn't damaged the thing, saving him the headache of trying to weasel out of paying for a replacement. 

Turning back to the girl, blue eyes take note of her hand gestures with interest. He didn't know what she was saying (without the Rotom translating) but it had to be sign language, right?  

Angelo,” a palm taps against his own chest in a show of identification before gesturing towards the girl at his side, who’s now rocking back and forth on the balls of her high-top trainers. “And this is Lottie.

Latias gives the silent girl a salute.

Well then, Vanilla. Welcome to Lilycove. Are you pre or post dome?” He asks, conversationally. As he oft finds himself doing at the market.  

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2023 0:57:36 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The Rotom snickered to itself, still chirping about as the man showed that he too was a fan of their kind. "Ah, you're a man of Rotom culture as well! It's good to meet another fan, kekeke…" Vanilla fiddled with her glasses again as she looked up at Angelo while he introduced himself and the girl to his side, Lottie. She offered the two of them a small wave of her own hand while SPECTRA observed the two of them. It was rather ironic that both parties had a speaker and a mute individual that just went along with the ebb and flow of the conversation.

"Angelo and Lottie, huh? Well, nice to meet you again!" Vanilla interrupted with another series of gestures as the Rotom watched and then spun back around to the other two. "Oh, and she said she apologizes for not talking. She's very shy." To add onto her words, the silent girl gave an apologetic shrug at Angelo though still appeared willing to speak.

He went beside his trainer and fell into her hand while Vanilla went about watching Lottie stand beside Angelo rolling back and forth while trying to entertain herself. The Rotom phone continued on from earlier. "We just arrived a week ago from Galar. If it hadn't been for that anomaly thing, we would have come waaaaaaay sooner. I'm trying to catalog every pokemon so that I might be able to use a Pokedex one day. Vanilla is trying to become a Pokemon trainer."

She flashed her belt underneath her cardigan at Angelo, showing off the two Pokeballs on her belt while then motioning to him and giving an inquisitive glance.

"What are you guys up to at Lilycove? Looking for something to buy? Or just getting back from riding around the ocean for a bit?"

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 20, 2023 21:25:10 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Fresh off the boat, then. Here's Hoenn treats you two well.

Why this young girl had decided that transferring from Galar (which had seen its own fair share of bad luck) to here would be a good idea, was a mystery to Angelo. One that he wouldn't try to solve. She probably knew the risks. 

Well if you're looking for a region to get some experience as a trainer, you've picked the right one.

While Latias wiggles her fingers about in a crude attempt to copy the girl's sign language, blue eyes catch an inquisitive, questioning look. He smiles.

Two already? Good start, kid.” With his hand, Angelo pushes aside the edge of his jacket to reveal six capsules lining his belt. Lips turning into a playful curve. “Think I've got you beat, though.” 

Her Rotom Phone was a chatty one, pulling Angelo's attention back his way when he lets the corner of his leather coat fall back into place. 

I live here.” Angelo chuckles, gesturing a thumb along the harbour in the direction of home. “Just picking up some ingredients. This place is my go-to.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 1:53:54 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
"It's been pretty well so far, all things considered. Galar isn't much better off, but Hoenn is certainly exciting, to say the least."

Vanilla quietly snickered to herself, though would smile a little more brightly at Angelo's remark. The Rotom phone let out a crackling laugh, hovering around the two again while it flashed an emoji of a devilish smirk until the Rotom's screen returned once more. Vanilla looked over at the girl by his side twiddling her fingers and would hold her own out for her. She slowly made the hand movements to show the her how to say hello. Vanilla's right hand was placed on her forehead, close to her right ear and then moved outwards and away from her body. It was done a couple of times for the girl, just in case she needed time to observe.

"Oh, that's saying "Hello" in sign language, by the way." Rotom said cheerfully to her.

Vanilla appeared more upbeat once Angelo complimented her current Pokémon collection. She gave a thumbs up in response and looked on in awe as he flashed his own team at her from the confines of his jacket. A hand motioned to his collection, followed by a string of more hand movements and shapes. Vanilla mouthed a few of the words while doing so in order to try and make it easier, though the Rotom spoke up again.

"Vanilla thinks that you look like the type of guy that's skilled with handling Pokémon. But ingredients, huh?" The Rotom stroked the bottom of the phone with its ethereal wing. His owner even appeared highly interested in the comment about getting ingredients. "You're in the same boat as us. We were getting some things for the rest of Vanilla's team. She bakes mean and cooks even meaner!" Vanilla herself held up her bag full of products for them to observe, using a single finger to gently push her glasses back up to their proper place.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 17:42:34 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
His eyes crinkle at the corner in a smile when he catches his disguised companion attempt to sign. Latias's golden hues following the real human girl's demonstration carefully.

Don't give yourself a concussion.” He tells the psychic type, as her hand extends away from her forehead and back to try again a little too vigorously.

Latias ignores him, instead signing to him with her newly learned 'hello' before repeating it to the Rotom phone and in turn.

Angelo pats her head. 

Would it shock you to hear that I probably cook more than I battle?” Comes the chuckled reply, taking a pinch of satisfaction for diverting expectations.

He is the designated cook back home, after all, by desire to live. Not like he wasn't keeping tally of meals made to pokémon training, mind you.

Baking though? You've probably got me beat. It's not my forte,” he admits, rummaging through his pocket for the ingredients written on a piece of paper. “Though saying that, I'm giving my father in law's recipe a shot today. Thought I'd take the risk and bake my wife's favourite.” 

He tilts a nod towards the bag that Vanilla shows him. “What're you making?

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 2:33:15 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Sign language was always pretty hard to do upon one's first foray into it. So seeing the other girl work her way through the hand signs and such was enough to already endear her to Vanilla. Upon her successful greeting, Vanilla returned the gesture alongside a small round of applause for her. Her Rotom Phone snickered to himself but became rather surprised at the statement of how often their friend actually battled. "Really? You look like you're the main bad guy's second in command in a game." he said, flittering around him in a full rotation before popping out behind him. "No offense."

Vanilla leaned forward in interest at the mention of the recipe, finding herself a bit peckish. Whatever could this man's father-in-law had been making that he was getting ingredients for? Her mouth watered, imagining the dishes as she'd completely blank on him asking her about her own works of culinary perfection. "We're getting stuff for eccles cakes today. She always makes some for our team every week as a bit of a treat." The ghost type said cheerfully, "Vanilla's a really great baker for us Pokemon! Besides becoming a trainer, it's also why she came here. Hoenn is said to be a mixing pot of food. So there's a lot to learn."

Vanilla made a few more motions to her Rotom, who'd watch for a moment before giving a surprised expression. "Oh! She wants to know if any of your Pokemon might want a free sample. She has a few left from the last batch. And if you might want any when she makes the next one tonight."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 8:47:07 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
There's a pause as Angelo processes the comment on his appearance. 

One second. Two. Then he shatters it with a bark of laughter.

None taken. I'll take that as a compliment, actually.” Judging by the flash of teeth and how he pretend toys with his jacket collar, clearly the roguish man did not mind. 

Their talk turns away from bad guy aesthetics to food and Angelo can't say he minds too much, he always had time to listen to a little culinary conversation. 

If you need some recommendations for signature dishes to try while you're in the region, let me know. Lilycove has some great ones, mostly seafood, if you're into that.” 

Vanilla's offer does not fall on deaf ears. Neither Angelo's nor Latias's at the mention of free cakes. The pilot can almost feel her golden eyes weighing on him expectantly... 

How could I say no to a self-confessed 'mean baker's' free offer?” He smiles, never one to turn down a freebie. 

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 2:12:09 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
The audible silence made Vanilla stand on edge, She had been worried that her Rotom had gone and just insulted their new friend and his...sibling? Child? Either way, it was an awkward moment that had caused her to shoot her possessed phone a questionable glance until he began to laugh in amusement. Relief flooded into Vanilla's body, causing her to relax. That little poltergeist had a mouth on him that sometimes would get them both into trouble one of these days. She gave an mused smile but elbowed the Rotom on his side as a gentle reminder to mind his manners.

The mention of signature dishes across the region did cause Vanilla's interest to renew, the plucky young trainer slash chef showing interest with a glimmer of hunger in her eyes. "Looks like you've caught her eye. I'm sure we'd love to hear all those recommendations from you. Especially if they've got any of those sour berries, kekekek~ Vanilla found some humor, possessing a more sweet palette while the Rotom enjoyed the bolts of sour flavor. It was an ironic comparison between the both of them, a clash of two flavors.

At their agreement to sample some of her works, Vanilla' perked up considerably. The pink haired chef dug into her bag before producing a bag full of berry filled pastries, with smears of varying colors littering the interior. She pulled two eccles cakes from inside, giving one to the girl and the other Angelo got one from the other. The sweet felt moist and chewy, a shadow of what it normally would have been like fresh but still containing that same sugary flavor that Galar was known for. Vanilla strung a few more hand motions for her Rotom, who'd continue flickering about. "She'd also be interested in your feedback. She makes these for Pokemon as well, but this one was made as practice for humans."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2023 16:00:30 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Angelo encourages them away from the middle of the market street so that the small group now stands at the edge of the dock. Beyond an old, metal railing and a small drop, the ocean laps against stone walls.

Its there he and 'Lottie' are handed eccles cakes, with an explanation from the rotom that they're safe for human and pokemon consumption. 

Smart idea.” 

Sweets weren't really his thing, not really.

Free food however, was.

Latias looks ecstatic, signing the newly learned 'hello' gesture at Vanilla again in thanks. Her flaky pastry is rapidly devoured in a spray of crumbs. Her human companion in comparison, takes a generous bite.

Angelo finds it still moist in the center, even if the crust wasn't completely fresh from being in Vanilla's bag. 

I don't know if it was what you were going for but it's not too sweet,” he says as he looks down at the halved cake, expression thoughtful as he swipes sugar granules from his lips. “I like that, though.

She'd asked for critique, so he obliges by pointing to the roomy shell interior. “Your pastry has held up really well. You could probably get away with stuffing some more berries in there, don't be shy about being generous.

A glance is thrown towards Latias, who has gotten flakes all over the floor but magically none on herself. “Looks like its a hit.

close tab

played by

Junkohz

Nilla
she/her
January 3
Wyndon
N/A
Trainer
civilian
131 height
131 height
awards
299 posts
part of
Vanilla Kingsley
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 22:18:27 GMT
Vanilla Kingsley Avatar
Vanilla beamed with excitement as the two would agree to partake in her dessert. It wasn't the freshest batch or anything, but any kind of feedback was appreciated. Lottie gave her that quiet gesture that Vanilla had taught her a few minutes ago in thanks as Vanilla repeated it with as much enthusiasm as the girl had. Angelo bit into his portion, taking his time with the snack, while his companion seemed to want to finish it as quickly as possible. The Rotom buzzed in anticipation as Vanilla grew closer…

It was a fair assessment. Angelo remarked about needing more filling. Vanilla's expression soured, turning into a questionable look as thoughts swirled in her head about her baking process, followed by a frustrated pout at her inability. "Don't beat yourself up too hard. He liked it." Proxii said, looking over towards Lottie. By some black magic or miracle, she had managed to spread crumbs over the entire area around her, but not herself. The two were pretty surprised about the mess, with the Rotom even giving her an inquisitive glance but moving on from the display. "And Lottie did too apparently. You don't need to be a perfectionist about it."

Vanilla huffed to herself. She didn't seem to be open to the advice but came around after some time. She reached up to slowly grab Proxii from the air and open his bottom half to reveal his keyboard then covered her face with it and spun around. A few seconds went by as she fidgeted in place before a new voice was heard.

"U-Um…Th-Thank you…Angelo. I'll try and do better n-next time."

Proxii grinned as wide as the crescent moon at Vanilla's speech, albeit behind his screen. "That's the spirit!" She turned back around to face the two and let go of Proxii before giggling to herself at the mess that Lottie had made. "If you want, we could send you guys some more samples when we make the next batch."

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
cherry on top [o]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 21:14:39 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]
Vanilla wilts like spinach dumped in hot water, his requested critique proving only to deflate the inspiring baker. 

She must care deeply about her food.

Angelo lets out a breath of air from his nose, corner of his lips curling upwards in a softly amused smile. He doesn't take back what he said, however. 

Isn't it obvious?” He tilts a head towards Latias in affirmation, who's now eyeing Vanilla's bag with shameless golden hues. “There's nothing wrong about wanting to do better. Just try not to tune out the positive.

Angelo passes the legendary his remaining half of cake, just to keep her from getting them into trouble. She merrily snacks on the treat while Vanilla shyly turns away, her voice stuttering awkwardly. Honestly. 

Height of her speaking is lost somewhat on Angelo, being a near stranger but he's not utterly nave to it. “Course you will. You're a good baker, kiddo.” His teeth flash in a grin. 

Sounds good. And if you like, I can send you some of this.” Angelo lifts up his ingredients list. “Only fair, right? But you've got to critique me.