Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 6:47:05 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Spirals of sepia kicked up into miniature tornados grazing across the wide landscape of The Border. It'd grown familiar in a way that was almost...worrying?
[break][break]

A shudder ran down her spine as they crossed over another bridge kept together by a collection of waning spirits.
[break][break]

"It should be this way."
[break][break]

She glanced to her side, noting with a brief nod. After their last expedition and surprisingly nice conversation, she'd thought to invite him out on her next expedition. Made sense considering her...situation with ...
[break][break]

"Thanks for coming, by the way. Hope you weren't too busy."

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

into the wilds

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 8:26:04 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"what could i possibly be busy with?"[break][break]

defending hoenn? he's doing that right now by investigating the oddities of these rifts. he says these rifts when he's only been to one of them so far. in his defense, this particular one is arguably one of the more dangerous ones if only because of the effects it has on people.[break][break]

sadly, matias is not immune to them even if he acts like he is.[break][break]

"i'm kidding. thanks for the invite."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 22, 2023 15:06:11 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

His original snide comment was enough to earn an eyeroll. Albeit it aired more on the playful side of things.
[break][break]

"Oookay."
[break]
[break]

The further they walked through the rift, the more distorted their world became. Pieces of land fell off, trickling into floating islands or spirals of levitating of rock. It took decisive movements to navigate through it all, but with the help of 's map, it was no trouble at all.
[break]
[break]

A sudden shudder ran up Penelope's spine. Like a phantom's finger, the prickling sensation lightly traced the curvature of her back, looping around each piece of her spine, until it reached the top where it lingered, drawing idle circles along her skin.
[break]
[break]
Suddenly, their path came to an end. Where a spiritual bridge once stood, barely knitted together by the energies that surged through it, now laid a simple sign. Rich and warm, it looked to be made of yew, with a small passaged etched into it.
[break]
[break]
'CONCEALMENT MAKES THE SOUL A SWAMP. DRAIN IT, CLEANSE IT, AND YOU SHALL BE CARRIED FORWARD. '
[break]
[break]
"Huh. That wasn't there before."
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 10:28:22 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

matias takes note of the subtle differences both in the environment and within themselves that they have grown to be familiar with. forced to, more like. but he does so to be aware and prepared for anything.[break][break]

the last thing he wants is to have repeat incidents where they feel extreme pangs of ENVY, HATRED, or something else entirely.[break][break]

he stops by the sign.[break][break]

"the fuck does that mean?"[break][break]

concealment.[break][break]

"you have a secret you want to share, livy?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 13:42:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She immediately moved to meet his hard gaze.
[Break][Break]
"Fuck no."
[Break][Break]
At least, if there was something worth confessing, she sure as hell wasn't going to say it to him. Especially not to him.
[Break][Break]
It was at this moment change flickered around them. Colors fade and indiscernible movement vibrated off into the static around them. Detail became a luxury only their bodies possessed, all else forced into the haze.
[Break][Break]
Then a voice broke out from it. It neither belonged to nor her herself. Old, grave, and wise, it bore out a singular message: "Speak for you shall be judged, listen for you shall decide."
[Break][Break]
"Fuck. This place doesn't let up. Fine, just tell me something stupid and I'll do...the same..."
[Break][Break]
Again, Penelope eyes forced themselves over his. This time, however, a familiar feeling enveloped her throat, choking her, until impulsive compulsion fried her tongue.
[Break][Break]
Her mind offered no resistance to the words that dripped from her lip.
[Break][Break]
"Actually, I do have a question for you."
[Break][Break]
A heavy pause broke her words.
[Break][Break]
"What happened in Sootopolis? How did you let it fall?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 14:18:40 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

annoyance is quick to spark when he hears a voice in the air around them coming from nowhere and everywhere.[break][break]

this place is cursed. they're cursed.[break][break]

"tch. i have nothing stupid to say."[break][break]

while he is glad she takes the initiative and prompts a question, the one she decides to ask is by far one of the worst she could've in the situation. or ever, really.[break][break]

his guard is immediately put up.he turns and approaches her.[break][break]

"how the fuck do you know about that?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 15:27:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She fell back a step.
[Break][break]
Memories were discombobulated in her head, like a bundle of puzzle pieces that didn't quite fit into each other.
[Break][break]
"I don't know," she admitted, mouth numb and swollen. The more they stood they, the more the compulsions grew onto her, nails digging into the curve of her throat, forcing out each straggling thought from the depths of her mind.
[Break][break]
"I think you mentioned it once."
[Break][break]
She didn't remember the game. Not entirely, at least. Only flickers of his face. Of the anger that spilled.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 16:06:35 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"liar."[break][break]

the same anger may soon start to spill if she doesn't give him the answer he's looking for. then again, there isn't really one. nothing can explain how she knows.[break][break]

"did eva tell you? or was it someone from rocket?"[break][break]

he takes another step forward, now looming.[break][break]

"have you been colluding with them, livy?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 16:27:49 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Accusation cut through the fog. Narrowing her gaze, she took a step forward.
[Break][break]
"Excuse me?"
[Break][break]
He'd told her about it. She wasn't lying about that. At least, she didn't know how else she would've become privy to such (apparently) damning information.
[Break][break]
"Watch yourself, Silph," her voice grew harsh, fueld by a sudden surge of HATRED. "I'm not lying. You mentioned it once before, so I'm asking you again, what happened?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 16:43:38 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"there are only a few privy to that information. you, for obvious reasons, are not among them."[break][break]

but there's no changing the fact that she knows. what he can control is what she decides to do with it.[break][break]

so, a breath stills the HATRED enough to get him to share.[break][break]

"weeks before the invasion, i was doing recon in the underwater passages that lead in and out of the city. there, i ran into someone from rocket."[break][break]

for better or worse, his secret is now shared with another.[break][break]

"they basically told me their plans. how the civilians would turn, riot, and rise, and that the city would fall under their control once additional forces arrive."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 16:50:16 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

For obvious reasons.
[break][break]
The snide comment twisted her expression further into a scowl. Who did he think he was?
[break][break]
"And you didn't report it in?"
[break][break]
Again, she took another step forward, voice rigid and frozen over. Matias had already lost her sympathy.
[break][break]
"Why?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 16:57:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"nope. i didn't."[break][break]

does he lie now? bend the truth to make it seem not as bad as it actually was?[break][break]

curiosity gets the better of him as he stares her down, unflinching even as she inches closer and closer.[break][break]

"because sootopolis deserved it, and hoenn needed it."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 17:04:26 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

HATRED melded with GRUDGE, coalescing into the muddled emotions that tore at her skin.
[Break][break]
"What the FUCK does that mean?"
[Break][break]
Those deaths -- those stories. She remembered them all. They gripped at her ankles like shackles, groveling and pleading for their memories to live onward. And they did. Every waking night, their stories filtered through her dreams, turning bright skies into a hellish scorn of relived traumas. How could he say any of that was necessary?
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 17:11:33 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"how fucking stupid do you have to be to believe rocket truly want what's best for hoenn? that they're here to help, to liberate, but never to conquer."[break][break]

from matias' point of view—a foreigner who had just touched down mere months before the invasion—it was the wake-up call hoenn needed. the slap in the face that should've been enough to dissuade any future support for the organization.[break][break]

and yet so many sympathizers still exist. supporters. far too many.[break][break]

"tell me you wouldn't have done the same."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
Do I Wanna Know? [M]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 17:23:10 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

She hesitated with her response.
[Break][break]
If it were her on the other side, would she have done anything differently? She'd like to believe wouldn't have kept quiet, but he was right in one regard; after that, who would be so stupid to believe in their cause?
[Break][break]
"You were wrong then and you're wrong now," she affirms both for herself and him. "You had no right to make that decision."
[Break][break]
A heavy swallow. A heavy breath. A heavy realization.
[Break][break]
"You're just as guilty as they are for those deaths."
[break][break]