Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 7:52:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

When Sygna suits were first announced, Penelope was the first to discard them as another piece of equipment for the more aggressive. Elite four members, head rangers, even gym leaders could be expected to slip on the gaudy outfits, but her? A lone councilwoman?
[break][break]
It felt excessive.
[break][break]
That's until told her otherwise after a particularly long (and overdue) meeting with the other council members. Now brought out from the sanctity of her officespace, Penelope stood outside nearby Evergrade City Park, Blaziken out beside her. The fire type let out a slow cry.
[break][break]
"Hey, what's up?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

Get in a sygnasuit
[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2023 3:56:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"first step in sygna suit is bonding with your 'mon"

kyle skips the greeting and the introductions when penelope appears. he has been at the park for a while, trying to coax his silvally on the great outdoors when it's been used to being indoors.

with his arms around his chimera, he turns to penelope without trying to get his pokemon to act up. it doesn't seem to be the case though.

"you were going to get one, right?"

that was the subject of their conversation before. it's only natural to expect that it'll have a continuation sooner or later, especially when he was asked to meet up.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 6:35:24 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Yes! I've just been waiting for the funds to kick in. Little behind on payments right now."
[break][break]

A chuckle leaked out, masking away the painful reason behind her lack of spending money. AKA, her crippling addiction to FANTASY FINAL, which led to a surplus of purchasing this past week. The store's latest drops were just too much to resist.
[break][break]

Penelope released her Blaziken.
[break][break]

"Okay, bonding with my mon, got it."
[break][break]

Her eyes glanced over at him, then at Kyle, then back at Blaziken.
[break][break]

"Any suggestions?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 7:02:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he doesn't question how her last paycheck couldn't last her when kyle's did. then again, he's in more contracts with the league than her to justify a bigger pay.

"not really," kyle answers nonchalantly. "i don't think i did anything special. have you asked cian how he did it? maybe he has some."

kyle wasn't really a good teacher. he doesn't explain things well unless one needs a recount of events that was straight to the point and didn't need the fine details about it.

the process of 'bonding' with a pokemon doesn't necessarily require it. cian, on the other hand, has more of a way with words, especially when it comes to layman's terms given that, well, he is one.

"what do you think is the tell to say a pokemon is bonded with you?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 7:14:55 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"No, not really. I should though."
[break][break]
Usually, whenever she came home after work, bringing home discussions about pokemon and battling and the like was the furthest thing from her thoughts. She'd much rather dig into the importance of watching another episode of their tv shows, or jumping into bed together.
[break][break]
So, no, she hadn't thought to ask . Nor would she ever get to.
[break][break]
"Uhh," she glanced over at blaziken, "when they're happy to see me? I don't know."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 7:30:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
her answer earns a chuckle from kyle, covered by his mouth as soon as he felt it coming.

"like a house pet? i can see that."

his eyes go to his silvally, who barely budges over anything. kyle leans on it with his side, pulling all of his weight to it, but fails to force the chimera to move.

"do you think this pokemon and i are close?" he asks her. "it doesn't look happy anyways."

the existence of beast killers, alongside their reputation, weren't a secret anymore. they've proven to be unstable and unreliable, but the indifference it shows with its trainer's antics say otherwise.

instead, it snorts, and shifts its head away from kyle, penny and her blaziken.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 0:19:31 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

hm.
[break][break]

She narrowed down on the normal type, brows converging in the middle of her forehead.
[break][break]

On one hand, the Pokémon looked no happier being here than in its ball, but on the other hand, it still allowed Kyle to rest his full weight against it. Something so indifferent might've huffed back. Or, at the very least, show some sign of annoyance.
[break][break]

"On a scale of 1-10, I say you two look to be at a 7.5."
[break][break]

Friendly, but no best friend status.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 3:07:41 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he's not sure if penny is the type of person to start her ratings on 5/10 like every other person as to not discourage the other party, or if she's the type to start at zero, like what the scale was supposed to go.

either way, kyle can agree with her assessment.

"it doesn't make sense, right? you just... do, right?"

kyle only puts on more weight against the silvally as he stretches.

"there's no real measure to it, so i don't get how the suit decides it."

he shrugs and goes limp again as he finishes. this time, the silvally lets out a snort, to which kyle chuckles at and gets back to his feet.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 3:35:03 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Penelope shrugged.
[break][break]
was supposed to be the leading expert, not her. While he spent the better part of the past 5 years battling for the region's safety, her time had been caught in the dealings of office work and reporting. In that field, shared bonds among trainers and Pokémon were just the natural result of time spent around one another's orbits. Not exactly a field of study to be measured and weaponized.
[break][break]
"I'm not sure," she said, eyes flicking over to the type:null, which looked as blank as when she first arrived. "How do you test your bond with your Pokémon?"
[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 3:45:45 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i don't really know. with the crystalbloom, i suppose."

kyle shrugs at his answer.

he looks at her, then at her blaziken. though it's not a pokemon he really sees with her a lot, kyle has to tell himself he barely sees her with one in the first place.

"it's a big cash dump, so you only get limited tries. i guess it all comes down to, well, trust. do you trust your blaziken?"

despite having attacked him before, kyle does trust his silvally. setbacks damage the structure heavily, but with a good enough foundation, it would hardly matter.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 4:11:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I think so?"
[break][break]
Experience didn't bleed from their bond as well as it should've. Beyond her two skirmishes with a pile of rockets, the two were still freshly getting acquainted with one another.
[break][break]
For the most part, she felt something there, though.
[break][break]
Something she hadn't shared with her Ampharos.
[break][break]
"What do you think, Blaziken?"
[break][break]
The Fire type gave a double thumbs up.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,460 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2023 6:37:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he never really discussed salaries with his colleagues. he's not even sure if the council's pay exceeds both of his as a champion and as a member of aqua. kyle decides to be vague.

"are you betting a month's salary for your blaziken's word?" kyle asks, playing the devil's advocate. "or was it more? anyways."

he shrugs.

it's just a tease anyways. even if the suit doesn't react immediately, they can always work on the bond portion after it's been made. it would just collect dust in her closet until then though.

"i guess we can test it the way i know if you want." he starts to pet his silvally again. "but, eh, it's probably not needed, right?"

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 2:41:38 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"I thought you knew me better than this, Kyle," she threw the tease right back, smiling, "I love a good wager. No biggie if it doesn't go my way."
[break][break]

If anything, she'd just toss it in the closet and try it back on later, maybe after a few more battles or opportunities to bond. For now, at least, they could stick to what's within their possibilities of testing. Her hands settled onto her hips.
[break][break]
"Nah let's give it a try anyways."
[break][break]

And so they did.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
DOG DAYS (M)
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 20:35:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: