saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 8:59:30 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

taking a page out of 's book, the environment that they find themselves immersed in today is a recreation, conjured up by PSYCHIC TERRAINS that continue to hold as long as his pokemon stay concentrated.[break][break]

"impressive, huh? this is the training i've been doing with greyson."[break][break]

he assumes she knows of him considering his recent tenure as a gym leader.[break][break]

"we've run the route before. and and i. but i wanted to see if you could make it on your own today."[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 14:43:04 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"Goddamn."
[break][break]
It was impressive, sure, but also daunting as hell. Dressed in a pair of shorts and fitted white tee, Penelope stood beside Matias, staring out into the projection he'd created for her to dig into. Bits of worry traced the lines of her expression, telling a story of pricks of anxiety still biting her arms.
[break][break]
This would be the truest test of her skill since that run-in with those four rockets.
[break][break]
"Okay," she huffed, hands resting on her hips, "Where do we start?"

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 17:28:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

at her question, the PSYCHIC TERRAIN shifts, producing a hologram that hovers before them displaying the layout of the submarine. he zooms in on one of the entry points in particular in the lower sections.[break][break]

"you'll start from the shitter and work your way up, moving from there, to there, all the way to there."[break][break]

his finger points as he speaks. basically, her goal is to get from one of the dorms all the way to the engine room at the bottom of the submarine. she will have to descend a set of stairs to get there.[break][break]

"we'll assume the worst and that they know you've just breached their sub. you have to make it to the engine room as fast as possible. clear?"[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 0:17:48 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The holographic map looked blurry, and the objective itself felt out of reach. Without effort, just one simple line of instruction was all it took to sow the seeds of doubt. Of unsettling unease. In long intervals, her pulse pushed out rushes of adrenalin through her, kicking her mind into gear.
[break][break]

Reaching upward, she looked to pull back the cascading waves of her hair into a high ponytail.
[break][break]

"Head to the boiler room as fast as possible, got it"
[break][break]

She nodded, retaining as much as she could.
[break][break]

"How does this work, though? Like, will my environment change as I move around, or...?"

[break][break]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 2:40:07 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

matias spares a gesture at the training facility they find themselves in.[break][break]

"the space should be big enough to accommodate the route, so just move around as you would if you were actually on the sub."[break][break]

the hologram disappears but the PSYCHIC TERRAIN remains.[break][break]

"any other questions?"[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 4:12:28 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"nope, I think I got it."
[Break][break]
As much as she could, at least.
[Break][break]
Hand trickling down to her belt, fingers found their way to her poke balls, clicking them to life. A spark of crimson breathed life into a roaring Blaziken and Metagross.
[Break][break]
"Oh! Actually, one last thing."
[Break][break]
She turned to face him, smiling.
[Break][break]
"Wish me luck."
[Break][break]
But it was time to start and only her earned experience could push her forward.
[Break][break]
Immediately, Penelope mounted the metagross, fingers clutched around the edges of its head. From there, they could kick into gear.
[Break][break]
"Let's go! Metagross, use agility."
[Break][break]
AGILITY threw the Metagross forward, while the Blaziken's SPEED BOOST allowed him to keep him at pace. [Break][break]

As they barreled forward, racing to meet the first set of stairs, the BLAZIKEN's DOUBLE TEAM surrounded the Metagross, encircling it with his copies.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 4:37:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"good luck."[break][break]

the smile is returned before he disappears to take his position on the map.[break][break]

as he has mentioned before, it's a simple mission. the tricky part is making it in and out in one piece. and even if he had agreed to her coming along, he's hoping their training today will dissuade her.[break][break]

time to make it hell, then.[break][break]

TRICK ROOM flips the board, slowing her metagross and blaziken enough for his slowest pokemon to capitalize.[break][break]

from around the corner, a tidal wave of SURF comes, looking to drown them.[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 4:55:06 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

"are you fuckin kidding me..."
[Break][break]
There was no mistaking the roar of water pushing forward. It was coming, and it was coming fast.
[Break][break]
"Shit, hold on!"
[Break][break]
Luckily, Blaiken was able to DETECT the incoming wave, evading it with one massive jump to the corner of the ceiling, where it could hang off the supporting beams of the submarine's interiors. Metagross, on the other hand, was left to its own devices. Steeling himself to the ground, the metal beast prepared to ENDURE the rush of water, whereas Penelope could only serve to hold onto tight and pray for its passing.
[Break][break]
Once it did, and the coast remained clear, the trio would continue forward. Metagross' LIGHT METAL proving to aid its speed forward, while Blaziken's SPEED BOOST propelled him ahead.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 4:59:42 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

in an odd turn of events, every instance of boosting their speed makes them slower, each step dragging instead of carrying.[break][break]

a flash of yellow sparks as a THUNDER surges through the SURF, looking to electrocute anything and everything.[break][break]

all the while, snorlax continues to yawn.[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 5:14:41 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The faster they moved, the slower they felt.
[Break][break]
As if the world was flipped in on itself - fuck.
[Break][break]
It was then, amid the incoming surge, she recalled her time spent with rehearsing the different pokemon moves and their individual qualities. There weren't many opportunities for lessons after they started, especially given, well, everything that happened between them, but she did remember one thing from it all.
[Break][break]
"Fucking trick room."
[Break][break]
But it was too late. The storm was coming and there was no escape. Blaziken was still hanging from the roof, swinging from piece to piece, using his BLAZE KICKS to carry him across larger pieces of metal. Metagross, on the other hand, held no reprieve for himself or Penelope.
[Break][break]
"Send me up," she told the psychic type, hurriedly. And it obeyed, using PSYCHIC to toss the woman upward into the Blaziken, who'd caught her with one of his spare arms.
[Break][break]
Electrocution overtook the Metagross, however, and it continued to bare the brunt end of the slew of attacks, still barely able to push forward.
[Break][break]
"wait, METAGROSS! The psychic terrain! Use expanding force!"
[Break][break]
Stumbling, the pokemon listened and released a wave of pink energy, empowered twice by the psychic terrain, which came forth as arrows looking to meet their mark.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 5:20:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

from afar, out of view, matias watches, observing to see how she reacts and how she fairs when met against obstacles that should be no problem for the league's best to overcome.[break][break]

so far, he has yet to be impressed.[break][break]

the EXPANDING FORCE surges along and seeps into snorlax's pea brain, rendering it a simpleton. it slumps to the ground, RESTING.[break][break]

but the first obstacle is not clear yet.[break][break]

even while ASLEEP, the snorlax sends out a BLIZZARD, looking to leverage the wetness of everything in its favor.[break][break]

she will have to knock the snorlax out soon or risk being unable to move forward.[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 5:33:22 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The water was gone, and now with the Snorlax resting, a move could be made.
[Break][break]
"Drop me and go! Now!"
[Break][break]
The blizzard was fast - faster than they could defend fully against, but Blaziken held the power of fire beneath his feathers.
[Break][break]
Using the Metagross' PSYCHIC to push him forward, the Blaziken combines the burst of flames from his FLAME CHARGE with the moves of his CLOSE COMBAT[/ to slice through the barreling sheet of ice and strike the Snorlax set afar. Penelope, however, could only do her best not to be swallowed by the ice that melded her feet to the ground.
[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 6:05:05 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the issue with separating from her pokemon will soon become clear as she drops to the ground. her blaziken charges forward, CLOSE COMBAT striking against snorlax's THICK FAT. slowly, its vitality reduces.[break][break]

but up that close, there's nothing to stop the THUNDER from striking the blaziken.[break][break]

meanwhile, with left on her own, a MARSHADOW pokes its head out of the ground right below her, giggling as it swipes at her legs.[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,714 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 6:44:17 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

The thunder strikes, dead on, sending the fire-type stumbling backward. He still stands, but the question now becomes, for how long? Still, he pushed onward, using a DOUBLE KICK to finish the job while it could.
[break][break]

Penelope, on the other, suffered in another way.
[break][break]

Or, she was about to, before Metagross' PSYCHIC grip held the Marshadow's hand in place, preventing contact against her ankle. At the same time, the pokemon forced out its legs from the ice, one by one, until everything shattered beneath it.
[break][break]

"Fuck, that was close."
[break][break]

But she was not out of the clear yet.
[break][break]

"Metagross, keep ahold of it while I get out."
[break][break]

Piece by piece, chunk by chunk, Penelope knocked down the ice trapping her feet. Only after she breaks free does the PSYCHIC grip release and a series of METER MASHES erupt on the small ghost type.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,105 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ready yet
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2023 7:24:45 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

while held in metagross' PSYCHIC, the marshadow continues to giggle, only becoming more annoying as it MIMICS the attack. a PSYCHIC of its own wraps around as it looks to fling her into the wall.[break][break]

this, of course, leaves it prone to being bonked by METEOR MASHES. impact after impact sends it deeper into the floor before it eventually disappears back into the shadows.[break][break]

the DOUBLE KICK knocks snorlax unconscious. the SURF it was just dreaming of never comes.[break][break]

for now, the path seems clear.[break][break]

// MISSION!

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]