saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 10:44:57 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

poor . for years now she has been in charge of all of his pr activities, of ensuring his public image doesn't fall to ruins in spite of all the incidents he has caused. it's a tough job and he would not fault her for leaving.[break][break]

but should she leave—which is a likely possibility considering recent events—he will need a replacement. better start training one now rather than later.[break][break]

"."[break][break]

he reads off her resume, peering up briefly.[break][break]

"why do you want the job?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2023 17:11:30 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

The job posting had been one that had been found while idly combing inquiry sites. Never one to miss seizing an opportunity, Calla had jumped on it. It wasn’t every day that office positions for the elite four opened up.[break][break]

Sitting in his office now, though, she wonders just what it is that she’s managed to get herself into.[break][break]

A brow lifts as he states her name, and she has to swallow the urge to make some sort of clipped remark about his reading capacity. Or that it’s obviously her, because she was called in here only moments ago.[break][break]

Instead– .” Spoken without inflection. Neat, even.[break][break]

He launches straight in, cutting to the chase. No preamble, no wasting time on fluff questions that have no real place in an interview. She supposes that she can appreciate that, at least.[break][break]

“As you will have noticed, I already have PR and assistant experience. This seemed like a good opportunity to reach higher. Accomplish more.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A0E0D9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 2:43:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"that you do. assistant to councilman black's son."[break][break]

the only reason he brings up is that he's more familiar with the councilman than he is with his son.[break][break]

he lowers the resume, placing it back down on his desk before looking at her.[break][break]

"it's no secret that i'm not the easiest person to do pr for, so why here? why work for me?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 3:18:48 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“Former councilman Black, you mean,” she corrects primly.[break][break]

No, she hasn’t met him herself and no, she hadn’t hoped to work here at League Headquarters anytime soon, but yes, she pays attention.[break][break]

“But yes, at Akura.”[break][break]

She crosses her leg, fingers clasping over her knee. He is…definitely not wrong, and that is exactly why Cal is questioning her choices now, but she holds his gaze evenly.[break][break]

Her chin tilts up a notch, self-assured.[break][break]

“I like to be challenged vocationally.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 5:31:23 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"former."[break][break]

the correction isn't minded but it does stick out as he's not usually called out like that. definitely doesn't do it nearly as often, if ever.[break][break]

"sure, i get that, but to this level?"[break][break]

one could argue it's a bit masochistic, but even then he'd understand.[break][break]

"what was it like working for akura?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 6:52:48 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

There’s a silent, smug part of her that wonders what it might feel like to be so promptly corrected. Perhaps that’s not smart to do in her interview.[break][break]

But even if she doesn’t stick this landing and end up with an offer, it will have been a satisfying moment. Small and inconsequential as it is.[break][break]

“Yes. To this level.” Sure, it verges on masochism, but she’s also competitive. And she definitely doesn’t care for being told she’s incapable up against certain odds.[break][break]

“Fine. Safe, secure.” By all accounts, that should be fine, right? She should want those things.[break][break]

But she is young and she is hungry. Eager to prove her mettle where higher stakes come into play. To show that she has the grit for this.[break][break]

Of course, there are other, more personal reasons too. But those have no place here, where they could compromise her chances.

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2023 9:29:32 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

she's short and to the point; traits he can appreciate given his incredibly busy schedule. maybe she will be as efficient with managing his schedule.[break][break]

"let's walk through a scenario."[break][break]

he starts, leaning back in his chair.[break][break]

"my engagement to has come to an end. how would you handle it?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 20:36:53 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“Alright.”[break][break]

She watches him evenly, though the scenario he presents has her internally peeking up instantly. Though she does no more than lift a brow as she mull it over, the part of her that soaked up her journalism and written media comms classes is feral for if this is a true statement or not.[break][break]

Aka, she nosy.[break][break]

The last thing she’s about to do is miss her shot now. Lacing her fingers together, her hands settle in her lap.[break][break]

“Well, first and foremost, it would be important to have a meeting to lay out the details. What’s true. Gather a list of anyone who might be privy to the knowledge who might poke holes, or leak information. Then, we proceed with how to address the matters of your personal life with the media.”[break][break]

Calla pauses, still watching him carefully. “Groundwork can be more important than the final presentation in these situations. Especially in cases where details can be exaggerated or called into question.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2023 5:46:54 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

it's not a bad answer but it's not really what he's looking for.[break][break]

"i find that they often exaggerate the details regardless. sometimes even twist and manipulate it to fit what they want it to be."[break][break]

as they have done so in the past.[break][break]

"how will you stop it from turning into a scandal? from stopping people from saying 'oh, matias silph, didn't he cheat on his fiance?'"[break][break]

all hypothetical, of course, at least where she's concerned.[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 5:41:44 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She has to resist the urge to let the high-toned sound of disbelief crawl up the back of her throat. Her head tilts as she looks at him. A tiny scoff still slips loose in spite of herself.[break][break]

“With all due respect, I disagree. Sure, the media might do as they will, but how do you expect your staff to respect you or do an exceptional job if you’re incapable of being straightforward with them?”[break][break]

Sitting back with a sigh, Calla’s foot taps in the air.[break][break]

“There’s no way to stop people from talking.” Her brow lifts, “Maybe act less conspicuous? That would knock out half the issue.”[break][break]

That’s an awfully specific scenario though, isn’t it? Maybe. Absolutely an opportunity for sensationalized scandal. “First of all, schedule talks with reputable sources to establish the proper story. Then fill your schedule with opportunities that aid your reputation and boost chance for photo media to cover these events.”[break][break]

A pause. “Of course, this only works if you’re careful and cooperative.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2023 12:11:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"that's going to be the challenge for you, then, because i'm not known to be either of those things."[break][break]

again, it's a wonder why hasn't quit yet, but it's safe to say he's incredibly lucky to still have her working for him. gods can only imagine what his reputation would be like now without her.[break][break]

"but i hear you. in most cases, i do end up doing what my team tells me to do. it just takes a little persistence from them, i guess."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 6:12:55 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

“Maybe you could stand to learn.” Simply stated. Not that she would not accept a challenge as is, but clearly that’s a him issue, and not a staffing issue.[break][break]

Whether or not it’s professional of her to say so, she can’t quite stop the slip up from happening. From bluntly speaking her mind. His matter-of-factness about it just coaxes it out of her.[break][break]

Her brows lift as she leans back in her chair again. “Oh, only a little persistence?” There goes the slip of her tongue again. “That'll do you well, then. In the long run. If you’re persistent in listening, anyway.”

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 7:02:37 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"did you talk to uriah like that?"[break][break]

he spares calling him black simply because that's what he calls . makes it easier and less susceptible to getting them mixed up.[break][break]

despite his words, no animosity comes from him. just amused curiosity.[break][break]

"how did you last that long working for him?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2023 23:28:00 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

The use of Uriah’s first name causes her to pause. Just for a moment. She’s sure it’s not meant to be a baiting question, exactly, given the lighter tone.[break][break]

Still, she blinks at him for a confused moment, then shakes her head. “CFO Black is much more amenable from the onset, if I’m being frank.”[break][break]

Her words are chosen carefully. Delivered neat and professional, as something protective and sharp flares up in her chest. She doesn’t wish to linger on Uri as a subject heading. Not for this.[break][break]

“How long did I last? You make it sound like I was driven off, or that he’s disagreeable to work with. But to answer your question, quite some time. It’s a good job.”[break][break]

But she wants to climb higher.[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,096 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 7:15:29 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"yeah? do you think it's from your influence or is it just in his nature?"[break][break]

his words are chosen not so carefully. recklessly, actually, as they leave him with no regard for the consequences that may occur.[break][break]

"akura's a better job than this one, i'll admit, but it's a boring one. you'll only be able to climb so high with him."[break][break]

him, not them.[break][break]

"but with me, you can reach new heights. achieve what you want to achieve and more."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]