cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 5:12:12 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbase"]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

A tight, perfunctory smile slips across her face as she eyes him. Even, level. “Sorry—What exactly are you trying to imply, sir?”[break][break]

She won’t cave from a poke and a prod. If he steps on her foot, she’ll step back.[break][break]

“You’ll only be able to climb so high with him.”[break][break]

Inside the confines of her mind, Calla seethes. The childish part of her—the angry, protective girl who grew up in the throes of Kanto wants to hurtle over the desk and deck him for insinuating that Uriah is someone she’d be settling for.[break][break]

She isn’t stupid. She can read between the lines.[break][break]

She wants to throttle him. She wants to building him up and tear him down. Something something, the mighty fall hard, something, etc.[break][break]

But her hunger to tear through every obstacle and climb higher still remains. Her polite smile doesn’t faster beyond a slight twitch at the corner of her mouth that wants to twist into a snarl. “Well, as I said before, employment here at the league headquarters seems like an exemplary opportunity.”[break][break]

The blue of her eyes blaze back at him. She will not give him the satisfaction of it solely hinging on him.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]
[attr="class","petalpoke"][attr="class","pkspr pkmn-vulpix form-alola"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.petalbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#A0E0D9;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]

[newclass=.petalpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 8:06:52 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

whatever implications he had meant will forever be left unsaid.[break][break]

she maintains her composure well enough.[break][break]

he slides open the drawer to his desk and pulls out an envelope. he places it on the table, sliding it over to her.[break][break]

"i've already prepared your offer."[break][break]

it's the standard package. average pay topped off with some benefits, the same ones the league offers to all its employees, so nothing special.[break][break]

in fact, the pay just about matches what she's currently getting at akura. he wonders if she'll push back on it or if she'll roll over just because of the opportunity to work for him.[break][break]

"thoughts?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
knew you weren’t ready for a girl like me, my honey’s only sweet if you can take the sting.
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 17:43:48 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

He doesn’t push the envelope, but she continues to watch him with an even stare. As if she still expects him to.[break][break]

It’s for the better, probably.[break][break]

She doesn’t know how well and for how long she’ll be able to hold her tongue, where Uri is involved.[break][break]

Her glance flutters down to the envelope as it’s pushed across his desk, brows pinching together in thought.[break][break]

On the spot? Either he was impressed enough with her credentials, or he’s in that much need of damage control.[break][break]

She has a guess as to which of the two is correct.[break][break]

Thumbing through the contents of the envelope and skimming over the numbers, she can’t say she’s too impressed. “I think it could be better, honestly.”[break][break]

Cal taps the papers back into a neat stack and sets them down before looking up at him again. She talks as she does so. “If garnering quality public reception and improvement is as difficult as you say, why would the pay grade not reflect the level of difficulty?”[break][break]

It’s only as she adds her second point that the cool blue of her stare flicks back up to his steadily. “You yourself speak of the heights that could be achieved from the prestige of working alongside you. These numbers imply, mmm…mediocrity.”

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[newclass=.petalbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;

[/newclass]

[newclass=.star1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.starimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.star3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 18:04:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

he smiles, clearly pleased by how she pushes back. good, it's what he expects.[break][break]

"you've made your case."[break][break]

yes, my queen. he thinks briefly to her otome route.[break][break]

"double the number and you'll have your actual offer."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 1:00:16 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

She doesn’t smile back at him, but she can tell from her response that he’s happy she didn’t allow herself to be a doormat. Internally, she is equally pleased to have made an impression.[break][break]

Her head tilts. “That easily?” It’s not exactly a skeptical question, but it is curious to her that he made a significant increase so quickly.[break][break]

But it’s better to not look a gift horse in the mouth, either.[break][break]

Calla’s hand extends to offer a shake, even as she’s saying, “That’s far more agreeable,” she’s direly hoping she won’t come to regret this.

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 2:50:44 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"that easily."[break][break]

what else can he say? she made a good impression, a lasting one, and he's also in desperate need for help. hopefully, this takes a bit of work off 's shoulders while also allowing them to work on a plan to save his plummeting reputation.[break][break]

he reaches out to take her hand, shaking.[break][break]

"when can you start?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

cal, calla lily
she/her
twenty-four
june 3rd
viridian city, kanto
heterosexual
personal asst. / PR rep
ace
awards
317 posts
calla roth DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cal
calla roth
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 4:27:57 GMT
calla roth Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star1"]

[attr="class","starimg"]

[attr="class","star2"]

The ease of this stage can’t help but leave her wondering. Was there some other factor to prompt the acceptance? It’s a question for another time, she supposes.[break][break]

“I will have to give my notice.”[break][break]

Now that is news she doesn’t relish in delivering. But she’ll sort this particular point later when she’s returned home and allowed this whole meeting to fully sink in. Her hand is retracted after a moment.[break][break]

“So the perfunctory two weeks should be fine.”

[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","star3"]

[/newclass]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,127 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 4:47:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

not ideal, but, "two weeks it is."[break][break]

he would push but he doesn't want her to burn bridges with akura. the connection to and his son might still be useful in the future.[break][break]

for now, this will have to do.[break][break]

"welcome to the team."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
comethru
POSTED ON Mar 28, 2023 4:03:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: