Ashley Shepard
How to be Friends Again [S][C]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2023 2:09:33 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]
[attr="class","ashley1body"]

Ever dread a moment more than the day you die?[break][break]

Ashley's there right now, as he stands outide the office to the admin he has to report to today. He has to ask permission. It's stupid. It's silly. He doesn't want to, but he has to play the game. He has to play it properly, if he wants to be happy. If he wants to be better, a more rounded person.[break][break]

Even if it means asking the last person he wants to talk to for it.[break][break]

It's not easy, but he eventually enters in. "Jayden." The last time he spoke with Jayden was technically at the masquerade, but the actual last time he would consider was the hospital where Isaac and him were. His face is uneasy, his silver eyes filled with disdain for the moment. A Slowbro was a nice gesture.[break][break]

Shame it came only after Jayden got exactly what he wanted.[break][break]

"I intend to lead a group to go on a job in Mauville. I wish to do this for two reasons; wealth distribution and creating funds that would help Rocket." One look over him, he closes his eyes. Though the first part is selfish, it was only natural to do the second. It would sell the job. "I am aiming to become an Admin. I would like permission to lead the mission."[break][break]

He hates that pit in his stomach.[break]

[break][break]

NOTES

- Setting up a future thread. A bank heist. Ashley asks for permission to lead it.[break]
- He does not feel comfortable talking to Jayden again. But finds necessary to lead.[break]
- He just hopes to leave it at that. Poor fool. Never that easy.

[attr="class","ashley1pkmn"]

[attr="class","ashley1credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1"]--accent:#4066E0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 b"]color:var(--accent);font:800 14px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 5:48:27 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

PROJECT LOCKBOX was going well. stacks of reports are littered across jayden's desk as he peruses each and every one of them, adding them to the map that he and had drawn up together, making the beginnings of what would surely be yet another one of rocket's underground networks.

[break][break] jayden.

[break][break] there would be only one person who would step into his office and regard him as such. and only one person that jayden would allow for it to happen with.

[break][break] violet eyes regard the other carefully.

[break][break] "is this a verbal proposal? or do you have a written report to back it up?"

[break][break] ashley would know that jayden was not the type to cut corners, especially not in regards to this. even if it was ashley.

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(100%); padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img:hover { filter:grayscale(20%); transition:0.2s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
But I, I will, go on howling and hollow
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 6:09:15 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

The pit of his stomach was eroding quickly. The longer he stayed in this room, the more he had to talk to him. And... it was giving him mixed emotions. But, Ashley knew how to separate Jayden the admin from Jayden the former friend.[break][break]

Officially speaking, that was the nature of their relationship now. Ruined by circumstance.[break][break]

Ashley has a small folder written up, placing it on his desk. In it, five names: , , , , and himself. Each one with written dossiers on each. Roles within the heist, potential reasoning for the choice at hand. But it wasn't just that.[break][break]

He gestures underneath it. The target of the strike was a Mauville investment bank. Much more money on hand, and more for corporate businesses. A prime target for a heist, with a printed out floorplan, potential locations of entry, assets needed; one such being the potential of a power drill to open a vault. Added to that, there was the time-sensitivity to this particular heist; with the move to the digital age, this was a prime time to steal physical money.[break][break]

And of course, security detail; a number of Gastly, Houndour, and a security room with rotation shifts, three guards counted, but only two per shift with an emergency button for tellers behind bulletproof glass for immediate assistance with authorities. There's also just a small page on a getaway vehicle, to which is stated, they will ride Pokemon to get out. Pokemon are harder to trace than humans.[break][break]

"Everything has been thought through. Prepared for. Do I have your permission?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley reveals every little thing he's accounted for; if there is a blindspot, he hasn't found one.[break]
- He's asking for permission. He wants to get this over quickly.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".ashley1 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:18px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ashley1 .ashley1credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 6:19:55 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

as it's handed to him, jayden takes the small folder and peruses the files. each of the recruits mentioned were far more than competent enough for the mission, and the details of the heist were thoughtfully written out. not that he expected any less of ; after all, they had been best friends once upon a time.

[break][break] "this looks good."

[break][break] the admin's critical eye remains as it drags down the rest of the page, flipping onto each page therafter.

[break][break] looking up, jayden regards the other calmly. almost annoyingly apathetic.

[break][break] "what resources do you need? what's the back-up plan in case things go south?"

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase; } .littlejay img { filter:grayscale(0%); [/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(100%); padding-top:20px; } .jaytop img:hover { filter:grayscale(20%); transition:0.2s all; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2023 8:14:22 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

To the point. That's a relief. Sucking in a breath, he relaxes his shoulders finally. He knew he had done a good job, the amount of research he had to do had paid off.[break][break]

"A lot of this can be out of pocket for us, so really it's just the potential of the thermal drill, which can be paid back in dividends." He smiles, knowing that he's keeping half of the money for the team who are doing the job to begin with. A million for him, Isaac, Cygne, Gerald, and Makoto, and five million for Rocket. He's sure Walsh would have something to say, but as they say, you don't get a win unless you play in the game.[break][break]

His other question is answered quickly enough. "As it currently stands, if enough goes wrong, the idea is to cut losses and go before the League gets involved. But things are rarely that simple-" He levels his hand flat in the air. "-in the event I have to, I am prepared to be the fall guy if need be to ensure the rest of the team gets out safely. Otherwise, we can always take hostages, but that is an utmost last resort." He does consider it a moment. "Actually. If we could get a van in the resources, just somewhere a block or two away in an alley, that would be a great alternative."[break][break]

He smiles, now waving his hands forward. He gestures to Jayden, in case he has any further questions to ask. After all, it did help the plan come together.[break][break]

"Thanks. Really. I'm feeling rather confident now."

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash speaks of asset acquisition and contingencies.[break]
- Thanks Jayden for helping him out.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2023 5:12:20 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

the mission report will have to be pushed up the chain eventually, but he hasn't seen any alarm bells yet. at least, as far as the finances are concerned, it seemed fairly intact.

[break][break] that is, until ashley says he'll be the fall guy.

[break][break] the folder is placed on the table, slow and careful. calm, some might say. but there is nothing calm about the way jayden regards his old friend.

[break][break] "you're volunteering to be the fall guy?"

[break][break] his lips twist into a frown.

[break][break] "no. absolutely not. i withdraw my permission until you find a solution that isn't your self sacrifice."

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 7:47:00 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Eh. It was flimsy. Being the fall guy, that wasn't in the books. No, Ashley ponders this a moment, thinks it over in his head, and nods. He gets why Jayden wouldn't want that. Rubbing the back of his neck, he nods.[break][break]

"Right. Then I just won't fail. Like I said, if we can get a van just in case, or some vehicles to ride out in, that'd help. Hell, I'll even find more people to ensure we have more eyes on security, everything." Ash shoots Jayden a smirk, having thought of a quick alternative already. If he didn't fail, he didn't have to worry about the return.[break][break]

"Sides, that's a last resort. Plan Z. I got A through Y. I'm not lookin' to get jailtime, Jay, come on."[break][break]

The nickname still kind of stings at him, and he doesn't understand why it still bothers him. But there's a little bit of anger still. Irritation? No, just exasperation.[break][break]

Scratching his nose, he thinks it through again.[break][break]

"If things go south, we cut our losses, and escape. With enough force, the individuals I have hand-selected should be able to cut a path through."[break][break]

He waits for Jayden to speak now. To retort. To really piss him off.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Providing backup plans, he seems confident in his success.[break]
- Enough so to be even maybe overconfident. He's getting irritated.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 8:21:04 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"no. that's not good enough."

[break][break] jay.

[break][break] the old nickname causes a pulse of pain to reverbrate through him, the only flicker of emotion in his expression is a brief shift. like a ripple in a large lake. but of course, would be able to point that out.

[break][break] he had done it on purpose.

[break][break] "the plan is sound, but your mind is not. your arrogance is your greatest strife — " he said, tapping the folder down. "what happens if i tell you i want to replace one of your picks with one of mine?"

[break][break] "what if i said i wanted to lead. or . both are capable; i've watched them work."

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON May 13, 2023 8:35:20 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's going downhill.[break][break]

His brow furrows, and he slams his hands on the desk, silver eyes looking with grave irritation. Jayden may be an Admin, but that was vicious. A bitter pill to swallow. He knows Isaac is better than him. Cygne has more experience.[break][break]

"You've worked with me back then." Ashley's voice was bitter. He could feel every pint of visceral rage pushing up through his throat. "Isaac is a good pick. Cygne too. I agree on both. I think both could lead this. But-"[break][break]

Then it came out.[break][break]

"-I want to do it myself. I'm aiming for an Admin spot, and I think doing this would make that more possible. I figured you would understand that. Clearly, you don't."[break][break]

He wants to be rude. Mean to Jayden. But he keeps his disdain back. Just a little. His fury is stifled. It comes out quiet. Pain in his voice. A similar pain he felt a long time ago.[break][break]

"Why can't you just believe in me? Are you even in there?" Then it just slips a little too far.[break][break]

"Was Sushi not enough for you?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- It's not that Ashley disagrees. In fact, he somewhat agrees. But he is prideful.[break]
- Slams desk, raises voice, explains why he wants it, and attacks Jayden's character. Their past relationship is detrimental to Ash rn.[break]
- Man. I feel for Jayden. This is messy a f.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 6:19:00 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

back then.

[break][break] so this was the moment that decided he wanted to remember? it was a low blow, and ashley knew it. knew all the reason to pull jayden back towards that moment in their life. if only ashley knew the grief that had filled him when he'd known his friend had defected.

[break][break] had betrayed rocket. had betrayed him in the worst of ways.

[break][break] "i do understand," he says, voice bordering on frustration. "you told me that. of course i know."

[break][break] then, his voice lowers into cutting steel.

[break][break] "but you told me a lot of things - now, and back then. how do we know we can trust you?"

[break][break] how do i know?

[break][break] after a moment of silence he turns, instead going back to his computer. it seems like he's almost done with the conversation up until sushi is brought up. violet eyes slice towards lighter silver.

[break][break] "was stabbing me not enough for you?"

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2023 7:42:37 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

Violet versus silver, and it burned. It ripped into Ash, tore in like a knife. A knife he dug into that shoulder. He winces. But he doesn't relent, not for a second.[break][break]

"It was enough. Because you still get to wake up tomorrow." Pain and anguish were a lot less than the loss of a life. Hands balled into fists, and he prepared to throw them at Jayden... and he stops. He stops, because even if Jayden wasn't giving him what he wanted, acting like a child wasn't going to solve this. Something about Jayden always did make him go back to when they were kids. Bitter as it was... like arguing teens.[break][break]

He takes a breath.[break][break]

"Sacrifice isn't the answer. I admit. But I do think it's presumptuous to prefer Cygne or Isaac as leader without having seen how I work now. Personal feelings shouldn't cloud judgment."[break][break]

So he provides compromise.[break][break]

"How do I prove myself to you?"[break][break]

Now if he can only stick the landing.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ashley retaliates but... manages to get back in control of his anger. No longer wishing this.[break]
- Tells Jayden it's presumptuous to judge him based off personal feelings.[break]
- Asks how to prove himself.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,140 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2023 3:45:31 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"you didn't want me to."

[break][break] for a flicker of a moment, there is betrayal. but then it shutters off to understanding.

[break][break] at least, that was never the part that jayden had been upset about. the situation, yes, but the circumstances, no. they had been taught the same, raised the same.

[break][break] if was going to stab him, he was going to stab to kill.

[break][break] it was the only way.

[break][break] but just like back then, ashley had been unsuccessful. just like later, in that lighthouse, when jayden had been unsuccessful in killing him too.

[break][break] "fine. then -" pulling a manila from his desk, he slides it across his table towards the other.

[break][break] "underboss fiorelli is leading the trinity trials in a few weeks."

[break][break] "prepare for it."

[break][break] "and then succeed."

[break][break] "show your loyalty to rocket, ashley."

[break][break] and to me.

[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]

close tab

played by

Kiwi

Ash
He/Him/Them
December 2
Aspertia City, Unova
Pansexual
Picking up the pieces
--
awards
1,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ashley
Ashley Shepard
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2023 21:03:59 GMT
Ashley Shepard Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ashley1"]

The sheer audacity of what Jay says pisses him off so far, that he's close to grabbing him by the collar and punching him. He's so close to snapping, but he refrains. If thi sis what Jay feels, he'd shatter that.[break][break]

That's complicated though... there's a part of him that still feels it. He grumbles. A shake of his head... and now, a new task.[break][break]

Underboss Fiorelli had a trial going on. And Ashley looked at the manila on the desk, and stares. He moves to grab it, reads through it... shuts it, and nods.[break][break]

"Fine." He turns on his heel. About to barrel out this office... when he turns back.[break][break]

One last word. "For what it's worth? I'm glad you're alive." That's just about it though. After this disagreement. And with the door shutting behind him...[break][break]

Silence.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Ash wants to fire back, but he just... doesn't.... he lets it sit in the air, and checks the task. The SPECTRA Trials...[break]
- Agreeing to it, he wheels out the office and gives Jayden some food for thought; he was glad he was alive. Out the door.

MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights