he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2023 12:27:22 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

A cybersecurity conference had brought Gunner to Rustboro that weekend. On the surface, he was merely accompanying a team of lawyers from Wesson & Sons. In reality, however, he was scouting potential contractors for HBIC. He'd bring their business cards to later.[break][break]

After a full day on his feet, Gunner wanted nothing more than to put his feet up and grab a drink. While his coworkers from the law firm were good companions, they wanted to do karaoke, which Gunner wanted to avoid at all costs. So when he realized he'd be drinking alone, he sent off a text to the last person he expected to see during that trip: .[break][break]

"Hey Cian, I'm in Rustboro. Going to grab a drink or two downtown. Want to hang out?"
[break]

Much to his surprise, the other man had agreed. That was how Gunner found himself at a booth with a glass of stout beer and plate of nachos. He glanced at the door, watching for Cian's arrival.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 8:36:39 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cianbase"]
[attr="class","cian1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

"hey guys i'm going to head out for a bit, okay? i'm just going for a couple of drinks with a friend. nothing to worry about."[break][break]

with enough reassurances, cian departs and 's home to fly over to rustboro where he quickly meets up with .[break][break]

cian arrives not long after and slides into the booth with gunner with a drink in hand. stout beer as well, given how the ipas remind him of .[break][break]

fuck.[break][break]

"so what brings you to town, man?"[break][break]

there's a distinct lack of energy from cian. very different to how he had been during their last encounter.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]
[attr="class","cianpoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.cianbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#cbb898;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cianpoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 12:44:48 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As soon as Cian sat down across from him, Gunner noticed the lack of upbeat energy in the other man — as if something had wrung the joy out of him.[break][break]

"A cybersecurity conference. I'm scouting for potential contracts for the Bureau, even though I'm technically here as part of my cover with a law firm."[break][break]

Gunner was dressed more casually than the suit and tie he'd worn during his last meeting with Cian. Clad in a simple polo shirt and slacks, he exuded more 'business casual' and less 'secret agent'.[break][break]

He took a sip of his beer and eyed Cian over the rim of the glass. "Are you doing okay? You look rough."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 4:31:39 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

while gunner's outfit is classified as business casual, cian's can only be described as depressed and unemployed casual. the latter isn't true, he still runs the rustboro gym, but he's been on sick leave the entire past week.[break][break]

gotta use up those sick days.[break][break]

"huh? me? rough? nah, that doesn't sound like me."[break][break]

his chuckle comes out flat. no point avoiding it. he's sure it will feel good to share.[break][break]

"penny broke up with me."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[newclass=.cianbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cianimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cian2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.cian3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 15:25:12 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner had no idea who 'Penny' was. Of course, he knew , his direct supervisor, but she was Miss Livy at work. And surely there were other Penelopes in Hoenn besides her. What were the odds Cian knew and had been dating Gunner's boss?[break][break]

Next to none, right?[break][break]

"Oh, damn," Gunner said, frowning. He'd been broken up with enough times before to empathize. "That is rough. How long were you together?"[break][break]

By the way Cian looked, Gunner guessed he'd been dating this Penny girl for at least a year, or maybe a couple months shy of that.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 7:21:49 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

the odds should have been next to none. things would've been far less painful that way.[break][break]

"a little over a year, i think. not so sure anymore. time seems to have blurred the moment she became a councilwoman."[break][break]

"sorry, i don't mean to bring you down. let's, uh, drink!"[break][break]

he raises his glass to gunner.[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 17:09:25 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner was in the middle of drinking his beer when Cian said the word 'councilwoman'. He almost spat it right back out. Instead, he nearly choked. Coughing violently, he set down his glass and reached for a napkin to wipe his mouth.[break][break]

"Councilwoman?!" Gunner exclaimed, eyes wide with shock. "You were dating Councilwoman Livy?!"[break][break]

Some patrons nearby turned to see what all the commotion was. Suddenly aware that highlighting Cian's misery was neither helpful nor the mark of a good friend, Gunner lowered his voice again before speaking.[break][break]

"It's fine, Cian. You can talk about it if you want." Still, he frowned. "I had no idea Miss Livy was seeing someone."[break][break]

Not only that, but a Rocket defector who had left the organization six months ago. If Penelope had been dating Cian for longer than that, had she known he was a member of Team Rocket? Had she convinced him to leave it?

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 7:04:08 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

gunner's reaction is amusing enough to earn a laugh from cian. a genuine one — it has been weeks since he remembers last laughing.[break][break]

"yeah, i guess she kept that pretty under wraps."[break][break]

for good reason too, probably. he had assumed it was because she didn't want the possible backlash of it being a conflict of interest. but maybe it's just because she was ashamed of him.[break][break]

the thought makes him down his drink to just about a third left.[break][break]

"but yeah we were dating. lived together as well at the end."[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 16:46:40 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"Wow, it was that serious?" Gunner asked. Though he had reined in most of his initial shock, his brows still arched in amazement.[break][break]

His thoughts turned to his own relationship. It was too early for him and to consider living together, and their lifestyles were too different, too. Not only that, but she didn't know about his real job as a government agent. How would it work out?[break][break]

Those were musings for another day. Gunner returned to the present, to the bar in Rustboro City and his booth with Cian.[break][break]

"So, uh, what have you been up to since then? Focusing on your gym to keep your mind off it, I'm guessing?" Gunner asked before sipping more of his beer.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 20:10:10 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

"mhm!"[break][break]

it had been that serious, so much so that he planned on moving out of rustboro, his home, just for her. just because she didn't like the city.[break][break]

foolish man.[break][break]

"actually i took a few sick days to really try and embrace the pain. that didn't work out so well, but it helped to have company around."[break][break]

in an attempt to shift the topic back to gunner, he asks:[break][break]

"are you seeing anyone right now?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 20:19:14 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The comment about 'embracing the pain' brought an awkward chuckle to Gunner's lips.[break][break]

"Well, at least you had company. What are friends and family for, right?" he said, unsure if his words were bringing any actual comfort to the other man. He tried a different tactic. "Anyway, fuck Penny. You're better off without her."[break][break]

Inwardly, he cringed. He couldn't believe he'd said that about his own boss. But he assumed it was what Cian wanted to hear. It wasn't like Penelope had died, leaving her boyfriend to wallow in a pit of despair and grief. No, she'd chosen to end their relationship when it sounded like it had been going well.[break][break]

"Uh, yeah," Gunner replied, shifting in his seat as the metaphorical spotlight shone on him instead. He didn't like discussing his personal life, least of all his love life. "I've been seeing this girl for a few months and we just decided to start dating, officially."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 10:47:59 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

"dude, that's my ex you're talking about..."[break][break]

not to mention her being gunner's boss...[break][break]

but he's joking, which he hopes his friend gets after he lets out a laugh. it seems he's already started to loosen up after a few sips of his drink.[break][break]

he's glad that the spotlight is now on gunner's love life instead.[break][break]

"oh, nice! how did you two meet?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 12:57:23 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

The laugh that followed Cian's admonition eased Gunner's nerves. Some guys pined over their ex-girlfriends for a long time while others felt better cutting ties completely. Cian seemed like the latter, or at least eager to move on.[break][break]

"Do you remember the Winter Masquerade party that happened last December? We met there and danced together," Gunner said, his tone casual. He'd gotten familiar with describing his and 's encounter without going into unnecessary detail.[break][break]

After finishing off his first beer, he continued, "We enjoyed each other's company so much that we met up a couple of weeks afterward for dinner. Ever since then, we've been hanging out a lot."[break][break]

Gunner waved down a passing waiter and ordered another beer. While he waited, he said, "To be honest, I'm not sure how serious it's going to be. It took me some time to get over my last ex, and I haven't dated someone in a while, so…" He shrugged.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 8:52:27 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","cian1"]

[attr="class","cianimg"]

[attr="class","cian2"]

"oh yeah. the winter masq was fun."[break][break]

even if he had attended with , he still remembers the event fondly, having danced with a few others as well.[break][break]

"if you're ready, you're ready. i'm sure you know but being single is nice but it can't compare to having someone in your life like that."[break][break]

he orders another beer as well.[break][break]

"is she from hoenn?"[break][break]

[break]

[attr="class","cian3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
Drown Your Sorrows [S]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 13:16:58 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"You were at the masquerade?" Gunner asked, perking up. Then he connected the dots. "Oh, with Miss Li — I mean, with Penny." The familiar nickname sounded weird on his tongue.[break][break]

He hunched forward, elbows on the table between them and picked at the nachos platter. Cian was right about being single versus having someone in one's life, but unease still settled in Gunner's stomach.[break][break]

Could he protect Summer, like he failed to protect Sayori? Could he be a man she deserved, after everything that had changed him?[break][break]

"She is, though I wouldn't be surprised if she's lived abroad too with how educated she is." Pride bled through Gunner's voice. His smile spoke of a deep fondness.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]