snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 2:25:25 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]six months prior to current events finds one illeana reyes welcoming a new face into her lab.

and while she had been a little wary at first, the concept of more hands lured her into the decision.

he arrives shortly before she does. it brings a small smile to her face to see him waiting outside the lab, waiting for her to turn the key in the lock and usher them both inside.

"hey, were you waiting long?"

she hopes not... it'd be nice to not disappoint her new assistant on his first day.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 9:13:35 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Six months, it'd taken six months to get this position. He was frankly glad to have the work, but more importantly... this would he his stepping stone to something bigger and better.

Though the prospect of being able to be in the lab again was too exciting to dismiss. He quickly took a glance at his watch, he was early. "Nothing wrong with being a little early, shows initiative...", he thought.

As she approaches, he offers a small wave. "Good morning! Ah, no... I wasn't waiting long, only just a few minutes early. Nothing to worry about." He replied, giving her a soft smile.

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][/div][/div][/div]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2023 6:22:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"oh, good!"

her smile widens. and after a moment, she unlocks the door and opens it, stepping aside from him to enter.

"are you excited about your first day?"

she knows, unfortunately, that first days could be intimidating. if she could ease any nerves and allow for a smooth transition into the lab, she'll consider it a job well done.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 13:18:42 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

As Illeana stepped away, Kaname took a breathe and entered the lab. He marveled briefly at the equipment, much nicer than stuff he'd used when he was an undergrad and graduate student.

"You know I'm a little nervous... starting over is always just a little scary, right? But I'm excited to be working for you, ma'am." He flashed her a quick smile. It was true, he was excited to be working for her, but maybe not for all the right reasons.

"Is there anything you typically do in the morning that I can do for you? Calibrations to the machines? Pull data analysis? Bring you coffee?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass][/div][/div][/div]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 16:53:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]his nervousness is shifted out of the air with a soft wave of her hand. her smile is warm, reassuring, to match.

"i promise there's no need to be nervous."

it's normal, but she won't work him to the bone. soon, he'll be integrated into the lab with a quickness that will, perhaps, leave him wondering why he had ever been nervous to begin with.

for now, they start with basics.

"i usually look over emails and the schedule for the day before prepping the equipment."

yet, she doesn't move toward her desk, toward the two monitors waiting idly. her steps begin to take a different route, drifting toward the coffee station in the corner.

"but first... coffee!"

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 0:26:11 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

"Haha, I'm sure there's no reason at all to be nervous. I'm sure I'll get use to the routine very quickly." He fully expected the transition to go smoothly, after all, there was a calming air about Illeana. Her relaxed demeanor put whatever anxieties he had at ease. This was going to be different than working at a Rocket-owned lab, maybe it would even be a little fun?

Emails, schedule, and then prep the machines... seems simple enough." He chirped, watching her slip past her desk and make a b-line for the coffee station. "I'll have to bring some tea in, I prefer it over coffee... but if it's all we've got..." He chuckled and trailed over toward the coffee station, and to Illeana.

"I prefer it with lots of cream and sugar. How about you?"

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2023 4:03:54 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a bright grin is quick to break out across her features, infectious.

"lots of sugar and cream is exactly how i take my coffee too!"

she's certain, right then and there: they'll get along swimmingly.

as she begins to brew the pot of coffee, she glances around the coffee station.

"i don't see any tea today, but i can bring some from home for tomorrow if you'd like?"

he does, after all, deserve to have his drink of choice in the lab. he's a resident here now too. it'd be unfair of her to keep only coffee after hearing of his preferences.

"we can always visit the cafeteria too and raid their tea cabinet..."

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2023 5:28:34 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Her grin was bright, infectious. It reminded him of less difficult times, like the sun breaking through a cloudy day.

“Ah, we’ve got common ground in coffee preferences, it’s a good sign! At least I’ll be able to remember your coffee order...” He chuckled, watching her start the coffee pot. “ I’ve always found the smell of coffee grounds to be enticing, it’s one of those aromas you can’t get over.” Kaname mused, crossing his arms over his chest.

“I wouldn’t worry about it, I can definitely subsist on coffee. No need to worry.”

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #b827a1; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 19:22:38 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"we do, don't we? definitely a good sign, i think."

common ground and likeness are not always so easy to come by. perhaps it's a blessing, in a way, to have someone assisting her with similar preferences. as they continue through the daily motions of lab work, she suspects they'll find a few more instances where their likes and dislikes might align.

a soft hum of approval escapes.

"ugh, the smell of fresh coffee is so good! it's like a little slice of heaven."

one of her favorite smells, really, right next to a dozen pumpkin candles she has at home and the smell of wet pavement.

"are you sure? i don't mind, i promise!"

the tea is simply collecting dust in her kitchen, anyway. it'd get more use here.

she makes a mental note to bring it in regardless, a little welcoming gift for her new assistant.

behind her, the coffee pot begins gurgling with life and soon, the aroma of brewing coffee wafts up into the air.

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
eyes open
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 23:22:53 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

“Most assuredly a good sign!” Kaname chimed in reply.

It was nice to have something in common, even so small. It made the lie feel easier to tell, in a way. Like she would have to understand his position had a few likes in common, even if she never would truly understand him.

“Smell is a funny thing, isn’t it? It can just transport you across time, back to the past. The brain is a funny thing…” He was musing, mostly for himself; far too afraid to let there be a moment of dead air or silence between the two of them.

“I won’t press the matter, if you want to- you can! But know I’m fine with coffee.” He paused as the coffee sprang into action, filling the air with the scent of brewing coffee. “And just like that, I am reminded of my grandmother who, despite being the daughter of a tea farmer, hated tea and loved coffee. Her little act of rebellion, I think…”

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,126 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
eyes open
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 19:52:05 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"yes... the five senses have a knack for returning memories to us in an odd sort of way, don't they?"

like fitting a key into an empty lock and turning until pandora's box is opened, memories tied to the senses are no different. they transport to another place or time, transcending all else to return to the forefront of the mind.

it's as impressive as it is uncomfortable, perhaps. the brain works in funky ways, certainly.

at the mention of his grandmother, a soft sort of smile rises.

"definitely an act of rebellion. she sounds lovely, though."

believing in or liking other things than what your parents wish is a concept she's familiar with. perhaps his grandmother and herself have that little rebellious streak in common... but does he share the same knack for avoiding the path most travelled? it prompts a quiet, probing question.

"do you agree with acts of rebellion in that regard?"

close tab

played by

Number9

He/Him/His
October 4th
Celadon City
Gay
Rocket Scientist
Elite
76 height
76 height
awards
187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kaname
Kaname Fujihara
eyes open
POSTED ON May 3, 2023 1:45:57 GMT
Kaname Fujihara Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

“It’s almost funny, how it works I mean.” The way it all worked, the way the brain worked, it was fascinating to Kaname. Just another in a long list of puzzles he longed to solve.[break]

Kaname leaned against a nearby counter, watching Illeana closely. Her soft smile was comforting and her features were delicate and beautiful. She was a far cry from what he had imagined. Not some homely shrew who ruled the lab with an iron fist, but the opposite.[break]

He nodded at Illeana. “She was a lovely woman, tough but lovely.” The following question, however, threw him for a loop. So he was silent for several seconds, considering his response carefully.[break]

“I think… that acts of rebellion, be they little or big, have a purpose and are important to those who commit to them. After all, we all commit them to some degree.” He paused for a moment, to clear his throat. “But to answer you more directly, I do agree with them. Especially if it’s a result of your values or dreams.” After all, if you didn’t have your dreams or convictions, what did you have?[break]

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights