1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 21:09:17 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sam"]
sam was about half way through his run when she called. she called and sounded so weak. told him not to panic. told him she'd had a relapse and it was bad. they'd planned a trip to kanto, of course they had, but the barrier had been up. and with work, he'd been so busy, he hadn't even fucking thought of re-booking the trip.

what a fool he felt like.

the guilt boils in his chest. it cause his lips to frown, makes his heart heavy. he opens the front door and walks in, his houndooms do circle eights around his frame before he shoos them away from him and sends them to go find something else to do.

there are many emotions swirling through his mind but worse yet is how his vision blurs. he knows, by her tone, it's not a relapse she's going to...

he finds himself at the door of their room, opens it, walks over to the bed, and simply pulls the covers up so that he can get into bed and curl into knox. he swallows hard, but it doesn't work, and he feels himself shake a bit.

there is no need to wake knox before he has tickets, so he pulls his phone form his pocket and pulls the blankets up over his head and up to knox' shoulders, where it once was. he tries to blink the moisture away. he hopes knox doesn't wake before he can get himself together and get a shower, but he doesn't hold out much hope. he's already buying two tickets to kanto for that evening, so they can sleep on the flight.
[attr="class","sambr"] POST PAAA MISSION
[newclass=.sam] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px;font-size:13px; [/newclass] [newclass="sam b"]letter-spacing:.5px;font-size: 13.5px!important;[/newclass] [newclass=.sambr img] float:none;margin:0;box-shadow:none;border:none; [/newclass] [newclass=.sambr] text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px #232323; color: #2b2b2b; margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;margin-bottom:-20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
let us live, since we must die
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 21:26:12 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

knox has never been a heavy sleeper, but like all the other things sam has changed, this is one of them. that and he's been back on his bullshit since taking up some of the cleanup for the fallout with merrick. and had been killing themselves over it and he couldn't live with himself if he let them go through it alone.

so xanax helps him sleep. ambien when it gets really bad, though only if sam's going to be out on a job overnight too. he gets weird on ambies. 

he's practically dead to the world when sam comes back into the room. his body does reflexively turn towards him, nosing for that source of heat. one arm finds its way over what ought to have been sam's chest, but instead drapes over the top of his shoulders and his neck. 

feeling something off is what rouses him. his sleepy blue eyes droop open, confused noise humming from his throat. he flexes, feels sam, and then ducks under the covers as well.

whatever sam is doing, it's not as important as the flush of warmth and contentment that lines his body. still only half-awake, he places sloppy kisses along sam's jawline; one leg folds over him needily. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2023 21:38:40 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sam"]
those kisses shouldn't be as welcome as he wants them to be. that guilt inside him bubbles like the fires of mt. chimney.

"i'm sor--" he chokes, clearing his throat from the watery tone, or hopes to. "sorry. i didn't mean to wake you."

he can't get his voice above a whisper. he doesn't look away from the phone, and he doesn't mean it disrespectfully. he's putting in the cvv from his card by memory so that he can get the tickets finalized and have one less thing to worry about.

so he can beg knox not to leave him alone. just the thought makes him swallow so hard his adam's apple bobs almost violently. feels like a politoad's stuck in his throat.
[attr="class","sambr"]
[newclass=.sam] margin: 0 auto; width: 450px;font-size:13px; [/newclass] [newclass="sam b"]letter-spacing:.5px;font-size: 13.5px!important;[/newclass] [newclass=.sambr img] float:none;margin:0;box-shadow:none;border:none; [/newclass] [newclass=.sambr] text-align: center; border-top:solid 1px #232323; color: #2b2b2b; margin-top:20px;padding-top:20px;margin-bottom:-20px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 21, 2023 18:28:32 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

alarm bells start ringing in his head when sam doesn't put the phone down and immediately start paying attention to him. his response, though, is still first and foremost driven by his morning wood. so he squeezes closer, teeth grazing sam's shoulder because he knows what that does to him, but his voice finally breaks the spell.

his brows furrow slowly, still sleepily, and he draws back. confused, he looks from sam's face to the phone and only gets more confused.

"are we going somewhere? what's wrong?"
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2023 19:39:35 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sam"]
the bite to his neck usually does do something to him. a sort of something that makes him just as eager as he usually would be when knox and the morning are involved. most of their fun is had in the morning. sam never minds.

except for today. today he's just not feeling it. he feels guilty and his frown reflects it, but his sorrow for the way his mother sounded over the phone overpowers his guilt. worry and sorrow. because he can feel it, he's always been able to tell.

he can hear when somebody's at peace. not long after, there's a funeral that follows the tone of peace.

"nothing to do with work," the first thing he wants to do is put knox' mind to ease. "it's... mom."
[attr="class","sambr"]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 1:56:24 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

regrettably, the last of those hazy minutes drift away. he's alert, especially now that he definitely knows something is wrong. sam's face is pinching in the way it does when he's trying not to look the way he's feeling, or he's struggling to convey what he's feeling, or just, like, it's bad

and then oh shit

knox's stomach drops. when they'd talked about his mom last, the bubble had been up. they talked about it curled around each other, waiting for the world to end so they could die tangled up like dumb romantics, and waiting for the after.

then the after came and went and knox should have said something. he should have pushed for them to have their silly little vacation. 

but maybe he's just overreacting. (but he knows he's not. sam doesn't get shaken. sam doesn't look like this.)

"when do we leave?" he says, relaxing his sultry hold to something more comforting. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 2:07:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknox2"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]when he feels knox relax his hold he feels relieved. relieved and guilty. he knows he shouldn't feel guilty. knox tells him all the time not to feel guilty, but he does. because he's an idiot, because he's broken; a fractured ghost, it feels like most of the time.

"tonight, if that's okay." he will never order knox around, but he wants to leave as soon as possible. "i wanted to give us time to pack and tell , settle what we need to before heading over."

such as jobs, or anything of the sort. his mind is swimming with 'what ifs' and the worry that she'll pass without him having seen her. sure, she speaks to him on the phone and sure, she doesn't mind the distance and is happy that he's happy...

"i'm afraid if we procrastinate any longer, we won't make it in time... to..." his voice cracks and his face slips, water falls from his eyes as the politoad in his throat loses and his emotions are flooding him completely.

"to say goodbye."
[attr="class","samknoxt"]

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:nunito, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 3px!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 2:14:36 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he peppers kisses on his shoulder. soft and slow. not enough to distract him, or to overwhelm him, but it's really the only way knox knows how to tell him he's there. words are still hard sometimes and he doesn't trust himself right now to say the right thing. 

"of course. whatever you need." summer will be fine. they've wrapped up their fucking murder spree anyway. the company's taken more than enough of their time; she can grant them this. 

honestly, she'd probably throw a bitch fit if knox didn't drag him away sooner. 

"but there's nothing to settle. i'll text her. we go as soon as you're ready. here, let me start packing." he's saying a lot of things because they're what he should be saying, but he's a little panicky because sam is choking up and he's still not used to all those emotions flooding out of him like this. 

and after this? 

don't worry about that now. he rolls up and immediately goes to their dresser to grab some outfits.

"um, how much do you want me to pack?" how long are we staying?
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 2:25:27 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]he wants to grab knox and keep him in the bed, but knox has a point. they need to pack and they need to move. they need to get going, get things organized so they can leave.

but his body feels heavy. like it did all those years ago the first time she got sick. like it did when he thought she was going to end up reaching her grave before he did.

finally he feels something. he feels wetness on his pillow and it causes him to sit up and wipe at his face. he pulls his fingers over the wet spot of the pillow and then considers for a moment,

i guess i am human after all. robots don't cry.

a sniff later and he's standing up, brows furrowed.

"i'm not entirely sure. she could pass before we get there, she could take weeks to pass. illness like hers is unpredictable, namely in this stage."

[googlefont="Nunito"][googlefont="Quattrocento"][newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:nunito, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:12px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 11px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 3px!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 0:40:02 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

he wants to grab sam and keep him in bed, to cuddle him close and make all of this go away. it feels like they just got their lives back. it feels like they have a life together, unburdened, for the first time ever. so, selfishly, he thinks he wishes this weren't happening. he wishes they could have stretched their little pocket of paradise a little bit longer. 

but life has a funny way of dumping knox prescott in shit. 

"okay," he says quickly and decides not to ask anymore questions. he'll handle this. he has to handle this. so he moves around and does things the way he imagines sam would: pick clothes out by outfit to make sure they have enough. bath products and toiletries go in their own bag and gently get lain on top of the bed. 

he takes his time, in between his whirlwind sprint to get them packed, to kiss away sam's tears. captain, hearing their ruckus from wherever she was, noses her way into the bedroom and leaps onto the bed. her nose twitches, smelling the salt, sensing sam's distress, and goes to leap on his shoulder and give him a nuzzle.

"she'll be there," knox says lowly as he folds sam in a hug. 
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2023 12:40:55 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samknoxx"]
[attr="class","samknoxx2"]
[attr="class","samknoxxw"]at first, guilt tugs at his heart. he wants to be more productive and he wants to help knox but his body is paralyzed and he can’t move. he doesn’t even know why. even as captain curls into his nap for nuzzles, sam doesn’t move.

it is only as knox wraps his hands around sam and gives him comfort and tells him she’ll be there that sam realizes it is fear that holds him still. it is the terror and horror of realizing she will, in fact, be gone from his life soon.

sam wills himself to believe knox. that she will be there. but his realism wins and he nods into knox’ embrace.

”i hope you’re right.” he breathes in knox’ scent and smiles, brows furrowed, before he wraps both arms around knox and wiggles his knees as a warning for captain.

pulling knox onto him on the bed, he twists to hold knox into his arms and curls into him.

”thank you for reminding me that even if she does pass, you’ll be here. that my world isn't ending, only changing.”
[attr="class","samknoxxt"]

[newclass=.samknoxx]margin:0 auto;width:470px;padding-top:5px;border-radius:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxx blockquote]border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:poppins, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxx2]width:418px;border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -30px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxxw]font-size:11.5px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 1.5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxxc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 14:02:25 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

there's little he can do to belay the fears of a man who's lived so close to the dead and the dying. this day shouldn't have come. not like this. over sam's shoulder, he stares forlornly at the forgotten bed, wishing they could both go back to last night.

but his life is a series of shitstorms with casual blips of light in between. he should have known not to get too comfortable. 

"not ending, just changing," he repeats and gives him one last squeeze before letting him go. captain has transferred shoulders now, realizing sam is not going to give her the attention she wants. so knox raises a hand and scratches under her chin while he surveys his rather impressive packing job. 

"anything else? i can call red for you too."
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 15:08:17 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","samknox"]
[attr="class","samknoxw"]the words repeat through knox' lips and sam feels a little more at ease. even if she does pass before he sees her, they have plenty of memories together that he can pull from. better yet, he has knox to make new memories with.

he feels more hopeful, now, and he looks to the packing job with brows raised. one can tell just by looking at him that he's impressed.

"from what i can tell, you got everything."

not to mention sam had things at his mother's house he would have to clean out and take care of and ... inevitably get rid of or bring to hoenn.

"there is one thing," he says, tone more playful as he moves to take knox' chin in his hand and give him a kiss. "thank you. i'd be a mess right now without you."

[newclass=.samknox]margin:0 auto;width:420px;box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox blockquote]margin-left: 0;margin-right: 0;border-radius: 0px 0px 5px 5px!important;font-family:poppins, sans-serif!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknox2]border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px;background-color:#272727;height:80px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin-bottom: -30px;border:solid 1px #232323;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw]font-size:11.5px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw u]text-decoration: none; border-bottom:none!important; font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans; letter-spacing: 3px; color: #666666; text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxw i]color: #888;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt]text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxt a]text-transform:uppercase!important;font: bold 12px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: 1.5px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.samknoxc]float:right;margin-top:25px;margin-right:-40px;height:12px;width:12px;border-radius:5px;font-size:8px;line-height:12px;text-align:center;padding:1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

blue
he/him
twenty five
february 24
mauville
samsexual
addict
grunt
awards
769 posts
part of
TAG WITH @knox
knox prescott
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Apr 6, 2023 3:53:15 GMT
knox prescott Avatar

it doesn't seem like the time for casual romance, but he's a sucker and if this is what sam needs, it's what he needs. he's not going to argue over it. it's playful, the way he holds his head in his hands, but his words leave knox feeling anxious.

the last thing he's ever been for someone is a backbone. is someone to lean on. and the weight of that responsibility is probably the most terrifying thing in the world. 

he'll manage it for sam. he has to. 

so he kisses him back, lightly, and then kisses his cheeks for good measure. and then he untangles so he can call to tell her they'll be indisposed for...a bit.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
halt, [ c / m ]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2023 22:33:50 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: